[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Okay seriously, what happened to Bee and Puppycat? Like, how
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 94
Thread images: 12
File: ladybaby.png (183 KB, 520x424) Image search: [Google]
ladybaby.png
183 KB, 520x424
Okay seriously, what happened to Bee and Puppycat? Like, how could they possibly have fucked it up so bad content aside

>promises to deliver a number of episodes that's not even miniseries tier
>episodes are actually just half episodes that are all two parters, so it's even shorter than that
>it's been three years and they're not even done with all the episodes yet, but they still try and shill out merchandise for it and act like it's this big thing
>bombed so hard cartoon hangover stopped making cartoons outright and now all their content is those shitty 100 facts you didnt know about your penis videos
>the last episode they put out went to fuckers at a convention first before the people who actually backed it, they've treated their backers like shit

so what happened? how did they botch it so fucking bad?
>>
>>78860305
They didn't know how to cartoons.
>>
Turns out people don't like cartoons with a mentally disabled main character.
Who'd have guessed?
>>
>>78860329
They are an established animation studio with a long line of commercially successful work, that clearly wasn't the issue.

I'd guess some sort of internal issue only thing I can think to explain it.
>>
>>78860305
They sold themselves out. Simple as that.

Instead of continuing with a story that could have been decent they hopped on the tumblr/reddit bandwagon and made making sure not to trigger retarded pre-teenagers more important than making a cartoon.
>>
There was so much merch at PAX East last year. That was long after the "hiatus" had begun. Why are they pushing these toys and clothes for a show that might as well not exist anymore? Seriously, has there been a single episode released since?

Also, when you hire a bunch of rich kids with no discipline and an internet connection to make a "cute" cartoon, this is what happens. They fail to meet deadlines. They are incapable of criticizing one another in order to cut bad ideas and decisions.

>>78860356
Brainless people on YouTube still eat up the episodes and support the series for some unholy reason.

>tfw remembering CartoonHangover shilling their comments to get Cleavage Crab plushies sold
>>
How many episodes does it have so far? I haven't heard anything new about it in fucking forever.
>>
>>78860305
Because it was a Kickstarter, so they already got their money with no obligation to use it well, and virtually no accountability.
>>
>>78860305
A)Natash hasn't finished reading Goodnight Punpun
B) Natasha is too busy watching anime, most likely.

I still love Natasha and think she deserve to have her own show on Cartoonnetwork.
>>
File: Manly.jpg (416 KB, 802x687) Image search: [Google]
Manly.jpg
416 KB, 802x687
>>78860305
For my $15, I got what I wanted out of it. The episodes were pretty delightful. It's a Kickstarter, and sometimes (most times) things don't go as smoothly as you'd want.

More importantly, I was hoping it would encourage Fredrator to do more fan backed cartoon. The holy grail for me would be Manly.
>>
>making original internet animations for Youtube of all places

There's your problem.

It's killed Mondo and it's killing Cartoon Hangover as well.
>>
>>78860379
There's a difference between working on a show made to order and trying to shape the raw, unedited 'creativity' of a low-key autist into something watchable.
Sometimes it pays to have direction.
>>
>>78860406
Several of the people involved had prior industry experience, the production company has a long pedigree, as does the animation source. I'd say the real reason is poor budgeting and time management, lack of a clear direction on the part of the show runners, and loss of interest by the creative team.
>>
>>78860611
I'd love a full show of Manly.
>>
>>78860406
>There was so much merch at PAX East last year. That was long after the "hiatus" had begun. Why are they pushing these toys and clothes for a show that might as well not exist anymore? Seriously, has there been a single episode released since?

because when a ship is sinking you gotta make as much money back as possible. Like when a business goes under and they have a closing sale where everything is 80% off. Better to sell it at any kind of gain than having that shit stored away somewhere where nobody will buy it.
>>
They claimed on their KS that they finished in-house production... whatever that means. I didn't back it, so I can't read the actual updates.
>>
They made some money from autists (and continue to do so from merchandise sales), that was always their main goal despite delusional backers thinking their goal was to make a great series.
>>
>>78860730
Manly was watered down shit compared to Forming. Cartoon Hangover is on the internet and yet it's still censored...
>>
>>78860356
But Steven Universe is very popular.
>>
>>78860305
>image
>filename
Unf
>>
>>78869310
Fuck off, Misha
>>
>Grorious nippon's anime beat the ever living shit out of inferior western cartoons once again, this time in the crowdfunding category

this doesn't surprise me
>>
File: bpclt.jpg (224 KB, 880x926) Image search: [Google]
bpclt.jpg
224 KB, 880x926
>>
>>78870255
>dat bobby
that boy ain't right ,I tell ya.
>>
>>78869310
Oh there he is everyone, look who it is! It's the worst fucking dude ever!
fuck off pls brah ;D
>>
>>78860379
I think they ran out of money and/or had issues retaining staff
>>
>>78860398
>reddit
Wait, reddit was on this too? I hardly see any threads on it that got hot while lurking on the general subs.
>>
File: legs.png (267 KB, 451x464) Image search: [Google]
legs.png
267 KB, 451x464
>>78870255
Why did the fuck did they ruin the artstyle like that? Did Tumblr complain she was too "unhealthy"?
>>
>>78860406
>rich kids
>Natasha

pick one
>>
>>78872221
>Why did the fuck did they ruin the artstyle like that? Did Tumblr complain she was too "unhealthy"?
Frederator tried to lowball the (high end) Korean studio that was going to make B&PC and the newer designs were what the studio said they'd be willing to make for those rates, i.e. something much easier to animate.
>>
>>78860305
>Okay seriously, what happened to Bee and Puppycat? Like, how could they possibly have fucked it up so bad content aside
Fucking YES, why arent more people saying this? It seemed like a cute fun series then they outright fucked it up in every way. Then when the fans said they didnt like it the creator just turns around and says fuck you this is what I wanted
>>
>>78872505
>the creator just turns around and says fuck you this is what I wanted
In the same way that Alex Hirsch was contractually obligated never to mention he expected 3 seasons of Gravity Falls and to eat shit in interviews.

Nat's not very business savvy and she let F steamroll her AND take the fall for it.

I'm not trying to defend her, I'm trying to tell anyone who wants to go into this business that you're forced to do damage control if you expect to stay in the industry including taking blame for things that weren't your decision or your fault.
>>
>>78872571
Not him, I'm unclear about the history behind Bee and Puppycat. What happened behind the scenes? All I really know is that there was a Kickstarter and it, like most KS, ended up horribly. Beyond that I got no clue. Did the creator get bullied and ostracized or something?
>>
>>78872828
Creator made a kickstarter showing off a ep or two of the show. People loved it and threw money at her, and she got enough to make more. The new eps were nothing like what was expected, the biggest issue for me anyways was the animation style went right to shit. Fans complained and the creator told them they were wrong because the shitty version is what she wanted.

Basically misrepresented what we would get from the kickstarter.
>>
File: 1373159564927.gif (260 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1373159564927.gif
260 KB, 500x281
>>78872473
>Korean studio
You mean bee and puppycat isn't made by 2 people with a copy of flash and some free afternoons to kill? But it looks so fucking bad and takes months per few minutes of show.

I thought it just a free time project of a few particularly unmotivated and untalented people. What the fuck?
>>
>>78872571
any source on that gravity falls bit?
>>
>>78860305
They got egoraptor in it, and then adopted his work ethic.
>>
>>78873104
>But it looks so fucking bad and takes months per few minutes of show.
Reread what I posted until it makes sense to you. Frederator (run by stingier Jews than Grunkle Stan) decided they didn't want to pay top dollar for BPC's animation. Got it so far?

Studio says "Fine, you want to pay us dog food, this is the level of design you get because it'll be cheaper to animate."

Frederator says "that's fine and also we'll force that reservation alcoholic to take the blame here."

I can't explain this in shorter words.
>>
>>78873225
>any source on that gravity falls bit?

He was talking 3 seasons when the show premiered (that's right, he never said the show was going to be open ended) and then around the time the show got moved to XD stopped talking about that in interviews.
>>
>>78876158
so basically they put as little as they could of the kickstarter money into production and ran off with the rest, like most kickstarters?
>>
File: Why would anything nice happen.png (691 KB, 1382x1665) Image search: [Google]
Why would anything nice happen.png
691 KB, 1382x1665
They already have your money nigga, why SHOULD they comply to your demands?
>Because it's the ethically right thing to do
Are people really this gullible?
>>
>>78876325
Bingo

why the subhumans aren't sentenced for this shit I'll never know
>>
>>78869310
Yeah, and so are Clarence and Star Vs.
>>
>>78876686
america has a proud tradition of grift

...i mean laissez faire capitalism
>>
>>78860406
>They are incapable of criticizing one another in order to cut bad ideas and decisions.

That brings out a good point. In real world animation, you get your shit torn apart and learn from it, and from what I've heard they used to be brutal on you if your stuff was garbage.
>>
wonder if the comics are any better.
>>
Idk, i liked this show from the beginning, and was very disppointed since they stopped releasing episodes. I mean this show had actual potential which they fucked up but sill had a chance to fix
>>
File: >Anime.jpg (77 KB, 630x713) Image search: [Google]
>Anime.jpg
77 KB, 630x713
>>78870114
/a/ please leave
>>
File: happy face.png (8 KB, 271x288) Image search: [Google]
happy face.png
8 KB, 271x288
>>78860406

>That fucking We Love Fine booth at PAX East

My at the time girlfriend sperged so hard and blew so much of her money at that fucking booth. Guess who was the chump that had to take all that shit back home.
>>
>>78877805
Did you call her an idiot, Anon?

Did you make her cry?
>>
>>78860305
The entire Cartoon Hangover channel went to absolute shit and would have been better staying quiet than turning into a cesspool for content nobody asked for. Even a secondary channel made for that spinoff garbage would have been less awful, but they decided to openly advertise how many fucks they stopped giving by shoving worthless drivel into their subscribers' faces. Remember Bravest Warriors? They sure as hell don't, and if you were subscribed to them for that show then you get to eat shit and see a dozen factoid-spewing videos on your feed.
>>
>>78878382
What's even worse is that as bad as the factoids and conspiracy theory videos were, they've gotten worse and worse.
>>
>>78878382
>>78879096
They somehow get watches, though. Hell, their most watched video is six months old, has over 7 million views, and is titled, "107 Pixar's 'Inside Out' Facts YOU Should Know!"
I never had any love for CH but somehow this is the shit people watch.
>>
>>78881149
Those videos are the kind of thing I think is some sort of virus ad.

I mean, they still are, but figuratively instead of literally.
>>
>>78860356
but that's every cartoon
>>
>>78876222
That's a silly theory.
Gravity Falls was moved because all other cartoons were moved as well. Disney Channel wanted to be purely tween comedies.
>>
>>78873978
>>>78873978
underrated post
>>
File: Bee and Puppycat comparison.jpg (437 KB, 1600x3583) Image search: [Google]
Bee and Puppycat comparison.jpg
437 KB, 1600x3583
>>
>>78882777

She looks like a knock off parody of the original.
>>
i remember Puppycat&Bee and Steven Universe pilots came out in the same time. I tought SU would crush and burn while P&B got big generals on /co/. Man how wrong i was.
>>
>>78882777
Jesus fuck, you just can't draw a child and call it a young adult.
>>
>>78882777
How did they manage to make this look worse?
>>
File: 1436950270102.jpg (36 KB, 611x430) Image search: [Google]
1436950270102.jpg
36 KB, 611x430
>>78883182
Probably because SU is actually good, and doesn't try to do the "lolrandumbXD" adventures.

>>78882777
I really liked the original design and direction they had with bee and puppycat, what the fuck happened?
>>
>>78860305
I mean it was mostly tumblr fucks who got excited about it
They're like one of the more unreliable demographics especially once they've lost interest in something
They lost interest in bee and puppy
>>
>>78883182
you see, some people have all the luck

both are creative and talented, but sugar got lucky too

nothing wrong with that, but that's life sometimes
>>
>>78870114

L O L I W I T C H E S

Eat shit Madoka Magica
>>
>>78883892
The difference is Natasha was immature and made all the wrong decisions.
>>
>>78883708
itd be good if they took out the shit about lesbianism and just made it about sexless space rocks.
>>
>>78876397

This is literally "Bulli hurtful not allowed" the projection.
>>
>>78869451
But he's right
>>
>>78883351

You can't draw a girl and call it a boy either but that doesn't stop anime.
>>
>>78869310
I realize I have seen you more than a lot of my family
Cheers
>>
>>78876397
>Bojack Horseman will almost definitely get a third season before BW
>>
>>78860305

Did Bee and Puppycat kill Bravest Warriors?

Because if that's the case... I hate it even more.
>>
Jesus, I think I saw the first, whatever it was. Goddamn that style change, it's even more jarring than SU's pilot to series shift, because at least the title character stayed about the same.
>>
>>78884266
agree with you, bravest warriors was really good and it just....ended

i just cant watch bee and puppycat
>>
>hey guys here's a preview of this thing you like it?
>yeah here's some money
>WELL FUCK YOU WERE COMPLETLY CHANGING THE CHATACTER DESIGNS WHAT DO YOU MEAN THIS ISN'T WHAT YOU BACKED IM THE CREATOR I CAN DO WHATEVER THE FUCK I WANT WITH IT FUCK OFF AND DON'T WATCH IT IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT
>ok we will
>no pls I need more money why are you all such meanies it's because I'm a poor little girl isn't it :((((((
>>
>>78882777
So she went from "quirky" loser to blob retard?
>>
>>78883708
It instead does absolutely nothing for episodes at a time. That's better.
>>
Honestly this is one Kickstarter I did not foresee going like this. Cartoon Hangover had actually made many cartoons before this and proved they didn't have a problem doing it. Then they raise some money for a few episodes. No problem I'm sure they're going to do it. Now this. What the fuck happened? Something must have happened internally.
>>
>>78885313
It's "character development"!
>>
>>78883892
Nat is a hack and has no talent and is a lazy piece of crap. Sugar is also a hack but has some talent, and a work ethic.
>>
>>78870114
I can definitely understand why nips would turn out so well with crowdfunding. The culture there is just radically different in regards to service and patronage.

On the other hand, Mighty No. 9 has been a colossal failure.
>>
I really wanted this to become a thing, it had so much potential, and it was extremely cute.
>>
At least it's not any project John K has his name on.
>>
>>78886480
John K would have actually put out these episodes. They might have wound up sucking, but he would have put them out. He's a professional if nothing else.
>>
>>78886528
He still hasn't put out any finished product for that last kickstarter about cans or some shit
>>
>>78884063
They're not loli though
>>
>>78873104
>But it looks so fucking bad
>I thought it just a free time project of a few particularly unmotivated and untalented people
You insult the entirety of animation with these words
>>
>>78860356
There was no issue with that.
People were primarily cool with it.
But then we have the official episode to Bee and Puppycat
Artstyle and animation is dumbed down, the main character is much more weirdly proportioned than she was in her pilot.
There were other problems and things to generally dislike about this shit.
>>
>>78860611
I just want more Bravest Warriors goddamnit, fuck Frederator for hiatusing shit cause of Bee and Puppycat.
>>
>>78860611
But manly was so mediocre. That black and white short about the maid or whatever was the only good one.
>>
>>78886638
And he's stuck in the worst era of flash animation too.

The shit he did for [as] and the Simpsons is just... fucking awful...
>>
File: Hollander.jpg (59 KB, 640x427) Image search: [Google]
Hollander.jpg
59 KB, 640x427
>>78886779
That's probably the point, homeslice.
Thread replies: 94
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.