[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
At which season/year/age have you dropped "The Simpsons" ?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1
File: The_Simpsons.png (57 KB, 800x355) Image search: [Google]
The_Simpsons.png
57 KB, 800x355
At which season/year/age have you dropped "The Simpsons" ?
>>
I still watch it but seasons 17-24 were fucking torture.
>>
Season 15. Guess I would have been only around 12 when I stopped watching the new episode every week, and just watched the reruns.
>>
>>78859375
I'm 24 now, to add.
>>
Season 13 is where I start not recognizing the episode titles.
>>
I'm 28, and I've never really watched the Simpsons. I'd catch an episode or two growing up, but it never grabbed my attention long enough to continue. Still not sure why. Played the arcade game a lot though.
>>
>its been shit so much longer than its been good ;_;
>>
After Season 9. Thats when I stopped buying the DVDs.

S9 has quite a few lame episodes, but S10 has more bad than good, and the bad is really bad

I consider Behind the Laughter, the last episode of S11, to be the series finale and everything after that is dead to me. But my collection doesn't even get that fat.
>>
>>78859269
I've heard that season 13 is actually really good. Any truth to that?
>>
Season 18 was when I realized that I didn't laugh at all during the episodes.

Also The Boys of Bummer
>>
The endless 'THE SIMPSONS ARE GOING TO [country]' episodes started it: the panda episode sealed it
>>
>>78859375
Season 15 is the most soulless season of any show i've ever seen.
>>
>>78860163
The "Nelson and Bart become friends" episode was pretty gud.
>>
After season 10 I just watched it sporadically when I got nothing else to watch. Then the Episode with Lady Gaga happened. Never watched any Simpsons after that.
>>
>>78859269
I stopped around Season 17- 18. Tried watching again when 25 was airing but I just couldn't bear it. I really hope they stop at 30.
>>
2003-2004-ish? It just wasn't fun enough to spend the time any more.
>>
>>78859269
I stayed away from NuSimpsons for the better half of a decade, but recent I've decided to quit ALL Simpsons, including the old stuff, because I realized that it has every single trope that I hate in cartoons.

>Always resetting itself
>Characters never age, even though the world moves on
>Shitty characters never get comeuppance
>When something good happens, the Simpsons get rid of it because "they're happy"
>Husband and wife who hate each other and always do one thing and the end of each episode to remember why they married.

In retrospect, I liked it as a kid because I wasn't allowed to watch it until my parents were divorced and I was 11-12ish, and even then, I was forced to change the channel often because I couldn't expose my baby brother to violence. Also, I got to catch up on 90's television I missed out on in the 90's.
>>
The switch to HD made it so I couldn't even stand to look at it anymore.
>>
The first episode after the movie. I was 17. It was my favourite thing ever between the ages of 11-15.
>>
>>78859269
>inb4 this becomes a thread about child abuse
>>
YVAN EHT NIOJ
I was 15
>>
No idea, but the last halloween special i watched was the E.T one
>>
OFFICIAL NON-PRETENTIOUS DICKHEAD OPINION

>Season 1: Meh, could get better
>Season 2: Beattice Simmons, Bart gets run over, shit starts getting real
>Season 3-10: Undisputable Golden years
>Season 11-15: A few good episodes here and there
>Season 16: POINT OF NO RETURN - NO GOOD EPISODES FROM HERE ON
>>
I still watch it, the decline in quality thing is like 60% a meme

its nowhere near as bad as people think, but the internet hivemind doesn't want you to think otherwise
>>
>>78870899
also, the principal and the pauper is a top ten episode

i'm not looking for any fucking (you)'s
>>
>>78870763
Yeah, a lot of people forget how forgettable the first two seasons were.
>>
season 16
>>
>>78859269
Season 12 for me. I started working Sunday nights and I didn't care enough to record the episodes. The show sucked before I gave up but I had a stupid sense of loyalty because of how important the show was to me previously.

Now when I see teens in Simpsons garb, my thought goes to "This show has sucked longer than you've been alive." Damn I'm old.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.