[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Cartoons for little kids that you appreciate more as an adult
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5
File: rupert.png (461 KB, 620x462) Image search: [Google]
rupert.png
461 KB, 620x462
Found pic related to be a pretty boring show when I was a kid.

Now I'd probably consider it my all time favorite cartoon show to come of the UK. Very relaxing with enough sense of adventure that it doesn't come off that nothing doesn't happen, the voice cast does a good job of adding to the cuteness of the characters without making them sickeningly cute, and the art & animation is really great. Where cartoons aimed primarily at preschoolers are concerned, I'd be hard pressed to find a cartoon with better art.
>>
>>78855466
This show is what kid me into adventure and mythology.
>>
File: janosch.jpg (27 KB, 483x368) Image search: [Google]
janosch.jpg
27 KB, 483x368
The cartoon and the books alike.
>>
File: Ottoline334.jpg (242 KB, 776x480) Image search: [Google]
Ottoline334.jpg
242 KB, 776x480
>>78855466
I always found Ottoline cute. It's a shame there isn't more lewd stuff of her and other characters
>>
Hey Arnold
>>
>>78855466
Don't remember much from this show but I watched it enough at a young age to remember it at all now
>>
All these comfy shows are getting really OOC reboots. Rupert, Babar and Bananas in Pyjamas
>>
>>78855466

I think most cartoons I appreciate more as an adult than as a kid because when I was a kid I just sort of watched whatever was on and I don't remember even thinking about anything while sitting in front of the tv. Now I think about the story, the characters, the dialogue, themes, etc., but back then I just sat in front of the tv thinking about nothing, not even "I like this and think it's funny," just nothing. So much fucking time wasted.
>>
>>78855466
Wait who the fuck gave Rupert a set of shears, isn't he like 8 year olds?
>>
>>78858600
welcome to the 1980s. where if kids were too stupid and killed themselves it was fine.
>>
>>78858600
>isn't he like 8 year olds?

what your parents didn't make you do yard work as a kid ? lazy American
>>
File: 1434214573600.gif (2 MB, 230x250) Image search: [Google]
1434214573600.gif
2 MB, 230x250
>>78858648
>American
Guess again
>>
File: Pong Ping.jpg (528 KB, 2318x1739) Image search: [Google]
Pong Ping.jpg
528 KB, 2318x1739
Pong Ping is mtf now.
>>
>>78855466
This and David the Gnome were so comfy to watch as a kid.
>>
>>78855466
>favorite
That's a hell of an endorsement.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.