[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just finished watching Despicable Me for the first time and these
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 11
File: Despicable-Me-girl_2599883b.jpg (42 KB, 620x388) Image search: [Google]
Despicable-Me-girl_2599883b.jpg
42 KB, 620x388
Just finished watching Despicable Me for the first time and these girls were absolutely adorable-Holy Shit.

Literally have no interest in any of the Minion movie shit or them in general, although there is a Despicable Me 2. Is that any good?
>>
File: luw.png (989 KB, 995x537) Image search: [Google]
luw.png
989 KB, 995x537
Despicable Me 2 has a lot more minions. But it's pretty good. Has a better villain in it. Also Lucy Wilde is cute.
>>
>>78844514

Despicable Me 2 imo was better then Despicable me. The only problem is that the blonde was underutilized.
>>
>>78844658
>Adult crossdressing Phineas
>>
>>78844514
>is 2 any good?
it's.. okay! It's better than you'd think it would be
>>
>>78844775
>Better

The 'find a mommy' plot was really boring and cringe worthy. DM didn't really need a sequel, IMO.
>>
>>78845272
yeah but youve gotta admit, for seriously not needing a sequel, it was pretty good
like transformers 4, which ended up being just as good as the rest. though each one is the best at something and the fucking worst at something else.
>>
>>78844514
No, it is shit, they tried to make it a family movie, then a minions movie, then comedy, and they couldn't do shit.
>>
>>78844658
i dont know why but whe i see her i think of Madame mim i think madame mim give me a fetish for skiny tall girl with pointy noises i know it sound stupid but there a girl in my university that is just like lucy
>>
>>78844775
The middle child wasn't used much really.
The youngest was the funny cute one. The oldest was the only one to really question Gru's decision to leave them.
>>
>>78844775
She'll grow up to be a villain. Gru will be so proud.
>>
>>78844514
Despicable Me 2 was okay, not in the same league as the first one but still worth watching. The Minions movie is about as terrible as you'd expect it to be except for the ending. The ending is perfect.
>>
>>78844514
>Despicable Me 2. Is that any good?
It's funny, but egregiously predictable. Everybody saw the "Make Grue fall in love" plot coming from the close of the first movie, which is sad.

This franchise would have been a legend if they didn't make any sequels. Just a one shot film from an upstart studio, from a foreign owner who loves cartoons. But alas, that's part of the problem. They try to carbon copy their success, instead of actually building on it.

>>78846112
>She'll grow up to be a villain. Gru will be so proud
It wouldn't surprise me if they all did. Like some kind Evil Sisterhood.
>>
>>78845303
Not...really? The scenes where Gru is an overprotective father are cute, but other than that it's minion hijinks and forced lovesubplot. It could have been better.
>>
>>78844775
Didn't really care for Gru becoming a hero in the second, would have preferred him becoming a good natured villain and mentoring the girls to be future big bads.
>>
>>78844514
>Literally have no interest in any of the Minion movie shit or them in general, although there is a Despicable Me 2. Is that any good?

Fuck no. The Minions fucking killed, cremated, mixed the ashes into milk and fucking drank (thinking that it was chocolate milk mix) what would have otherwise been a letdown of a sequel.
>>
>>78844514
The 2nd one had less about the girls, the focus shifted away from them. Hopefully they will get back into the picture by the 3rd one.
>>
>>78846579
I dunno. I can't really see Agnes being evil at all.
>>
>>78850147
she'd be the 'equalist' kind of evil
>>
>>78846705
yeah but at least it didnt have that fucking villain from the first movie. i wanted to vomit every scene he was in. whereas the new characters from 2 was pretty good
>>
Were they planning on making a third movie, or was whatever the franchise could have been so deep in minion merchandising that they'll never see the light of day again?
>>
>>78849716
>minions is the 11th highest grossing movie of all time
yeah the girls are never gonna be seen again
>>
>>
>>78855609
I would.
>>
>>78847099
this
>>
>>78849716
2 was really just the Minion Movie prequel
They where effectively the central plot
>>
File: maxresdefault (4).jpg (119 KB, 1350x759) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (4).jpg
119 KB, 1350x759
>>
>>78844514
you guys would fuck anything, eh?
>>
You've have to admit that Margo is cute
>>
>>78845303
Transformers 4 was easily the worst, though.

The other 3 at least had entertaining fights if you didn't pay attention to the stupid plot. 4 made those fights boring.
>>
>>78856366
Correct.
>>
>>78846222
What, do they all die at the end or something?
>>
>>78856406
No. They meet a young Gru.
>>
>expected the sequels about the girls taking over the family business
>lolno got to go full rabbids on this shit before we fade off to obscurity
>>
File: 1439056672088.png (277 KB, 500x377) Image search: [Google]
1439056672088.png
277 KB, 500x377
>>78844658
>Despicable Me 2 has a lot more minions.
>TFW Despicable Three will feature the minions more than the girls.
>>
>>78856438
>Despicable Three
Top kek.
Enjoy Minions 2.
>>
File: 1438970968867.jpg (42 KB, 572x539) Image search: [Google]
1438970968867.jpg
42 KB, 572x539
>>78856465
Despicable Me 3 is already announced and in the works. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3469046/

But yeah, it's going to be mostly minions.
>>
Am I the only one who found the girls annoying in the first film and prefers the sequel?

Both of the films were equally predictable, the sequel was funnier and had less cringe. It just had a smother flow.
>>
File: despicableme9.jpg (51 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
despicableme9.jpg
51 KB, 800x450
Will you read us a bedtime story? Pretty please?
>>
They are going to have to timeskip and age-up the girls. The VAs (bad Cosgrove, who voices Margo) were beginning to sound a little too-old-for-their-characters in 2.

The plot of Despicabl3 is rumoured to feature the girls' real mother wanting them back or something. Plot twist: she's a villain and will make Gru choose between handing over the girls or giving away his minions.
>>
>>78844514
The second movie was a waste of time.
>>
File: Miranda_Cosgrove_2013.jpg (365 KB, 1000x1114) Image search: [Google]
Miranda_Cosgrove_2013.jpg
365 KB, 1000x1114
>>78856366
Yes, she is.
>>
>>78846579
>margo grows up to be a serious minded villain like Gru
>edith becomes a freelance thief/ jobber
>agnes is a normal housewife and, much to the irritation of her sisters, is favored by Gru becasue she is the only one to have kids
>>
File: Despicable-Me.jpg (23 KB, 560x300) Image search: [Google]
Despicable-Me.jpg
23 KB, 560x300
>>78844514
If you're hoping Despicable Me 2 will have more of the same then you're in for a let down. The simple problem is this: They will not let Gru be the villain.
He's a villain in title sure, they have jokes with him being evil yeah. But in the end he has to be the hero, he has to do something for the greater good. They got away with this in the first movie because his heroic act was saving the girls, something that he was doing as a father and not as a hero. But as of the second movie it seems there is no indication he is teaching the girls to be villains, he is paired with a government agent so his future of villainy seems questionable, and once again he is playing hero by the end of the movie.

Despicable Me could be a great franchise if they would just let Gru be a villain.
>>
>>78844514

If you've got no interest in minions, then avoid the minion movie like aids.

Countering that though, Despicable Me 2 is pretty great. The girls take a step back and that's my biggest fault with it, but the whole thing is held up by the adorable romance between Gru and Lucy.
>>
File: badguac.png (455 KB, 702x428) Image search: [Google]
badguac.png
455 KB, 702x428
Despicable Me 2 was very mediocre. You wouldn't miss anything by skipping it.
The girls are very watered-down, there's much more minion stuff than we needed, and a lot of focus goes onto Lucy, who isn't very funny or interesting, just wacky. The villain is fun, but we don't see nearly enough of him. Certainly not enough to make the whole movie worth watching.
The whole thing just felt phoned-in. Some story elements went nowhere, like when the script just forgot about Gru's bakery, and then there was no resolution to Gru getting another shopkeeper arrested by mistake.

Plus, look at the hat & guac in this image. You can tell they took a lot of technical shortcuts at points.
>>
>>78844514

If you're just watching it for the girls, there are a few great scenes with Margo and Agnes. But they're underutilized overall and not the focus of the sequel.

Minions is intermittently entertaining, but Sandra Bullock is actually fantastic as Scarlet Overkill. It wasn't a phoned-in performance, she made the character fun.

Neither of these movies were better than the first, but they're quite watchable. Somehow enough so that they were both billion-dollar movies.
>>
>>78856397
If anything was the worst it was 2, but its fantastic fights made up for it
4 had by far the best plot they've ever had, and the fights were pretty damn awesome. Just... at this point they were a bit too over the top
>>
>>78844514
Despicable Me 2 is pretty good

Not as good as the first, but that's usually the case anyway. Go for it, OP
>>
>>78866788
>>78858536
Yeah, that's typical Dreamworks. They dropped a lot of what ACTUALLY made the first movie great, added a wiafu, and doubled down on the kid humor. I could probably pitch a better movie than the second, or whatever the third will be, and i'm not even a good writer... in fact, lemme try.

>Girls are doing stuff together
>new villain comes along
>Fucks shit up
>Girls somehow get blamed in a comedic mix up
>Gru gets all "not angry, just disapointed"
>Girls decide to track down and capture new villain to prove their innocence
>Girls keep accidentally destroying things in their quest
>Gru discovers girls missing
>finds out about new villain
>thinks that he has kidnapped the girls because another comedic mix up
>he starts following the trail of destruction left by the girls, thinking it is the villains work
>Sibling rivalry and internal conflict between the girls
>Edith goes off to do her own thing
>She winds up allying with the villain
>this whole time Gru is 2 steps behind all of them, doing his own thing
>Margo and Agnes confront villain and Edith
>The girls make up, and beat the villain together
>Gru and the minions finally catch up, armed to the teeth and ready to kick ass
>The girls come clean about all the shit they fucked up and apologize
>Gru apologizes for not believing them to begin with and blah blah touching family moment
>Ending scene resolving all the other little details in the movie
>>
>>78857243
The girls are kind of the main plot of the movie, though.

A villain dealing with three girls he wants to use for a plan but ends up liking is what the whole thing is about.
Vector and villainry is a backdrop, the minions are comedic relief, the setting is just the plain old normal world.
>>
>>78845132
Welp, i can never unthink that
>>
>>78851932
Holy shit, it's true. The power of parents' money.
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.