[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why isn't she an official Disney Princess, /co/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: 1452218856460.jpg (192 KB, 565x752) Image search: [Google]
1452218856460.jpg
192 KB, 565x752
Why isn't she an official Disney Princess, /co/?
>>
>>78841909
Because that movie was so fucking shit not even Disney wanted to acknowledged it.
>>
I want a Black Cauldron world in Kingdom Hearts 3 goddamnit.
>>
>>78841909
Because the movie sucks.
>>
>>78841909
ballet flats are my fetish
>>
>>78841949
People always shit on The Black Cauldron, but they never actually say why it sucks.
>>
>>78841993
She was supposed to be barefoot, like in the book.

I'm guessing they were feeling too lazy to animate feet.
>>
File: Ebe8r2M[1].jpg (88 KB, 419x444) Image search: [Google]
Ebe8r2M[1].jpg
88 KB, 419x444
>>78841909
Books Eilonwy is infinitely superior to generic blondie
>>
>>78842139
She was a bitch.

Like !book! Hermione taken up to 11
>>
>>78842353
she was just tsundere as fuck
>>
>>78842139
>>78841909
The only way she becomes one is if Disney makes their own live-action version. Andy Serkis as Gurghi when?
>>
>>78842582
she seriously was.
>>
>>78841909
The movie tanked, which is why Disney didn't choose her to be included in their cashcow Princess™ lineup.

It has a lot of potential but the way the story progresses falls a bit flat. A bit directionless, in a way. It has too many elements for a movie that length, I think. It just feels rushed and everything is resolved a bit too easily. It also tried to be really grimdark due to the source material but then the inevitable Disney toonish elements sort of mismatch with that.

Disney themselves didn't like it:
"Jeffrey Katzenberg, then-Chairman of the Walt Disney Studios, was dismayed by the product and the animators felt that it lacked "the humor, pathos, and the fantasy which had been so strong in Lloyd Alexander's work. The story had been a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity and it was heartbreaking to see such wonderful material wasted.""

It still looks pretty nice. But it sort of didn't feel like a Disney movie, it felt like it was trying to be a Ralph Bakshi Lord of the Rings animated version but failed due to not having the guts to go full dark
>>
>>78842039
Because it was just generally not good. The Black Cauldron was the Chicken Little/Home on the Range of it's time period.
>>
File: 1365796337670.png (229 KB, 487x370) Image search: [Google]
1365796337670.png
229 KB, 487x370
>>78843019
>dat deleted melting man scene
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.