[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are the best /co/ related games? Just added Dark City, Villains,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 7
File: tmp_21319-pic1430769_md-6915230.jpg (183 KB, 500x499) Image search: [Google]
tmp_21319-pic1430769_md-6915230.jpg
183 KB, 500x499
What are the best /co/ related games? Just added Dark City, Villains, GotG, and PtTR to this and have been playing for 7 hours since last night.
>>
>>78841346
Mutants & Masterminds if we are talking tabletop
>>
>>78841433

Really interested in tabletops since I'm farly new tl those.
>>
>>78841433
Left a bad taste in my mouth, tried one session before my group totally fell apart. Still a system I wanna give a go thou.
>>
How do you play this game OP?
>>
File: Dice Masters war of light.jpg (122 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
Dice Masters war of light.jpg
122 KB, 960x540
Dice masters is pretty great.
Me and my friends play it on the regular. Going to be picking up the Justice League starter pack next pay check.
>>
File: captain-marvel-rare.jpg (669 KB, 745x1015) Image search: [Google]
captain-marvel-rare.jpg
669 KB, 745x1015
>>78843599
It's a deck-building game, you can find it wherever they sell tabletop stuff
>>
>>78841346
I played the Aliens version of this

It's just way too goddamn brutal. It's a miracle if somebody manages to live long enough to win.
>>
>>78841346
>>78843797
These games are the shit. And they're easy to pick up, which is nice for my wife.
>>
File: AnnoyedThing.jpg (58 KB, 350x363) Image search: [Google]
AnnoyedThing.jpg
58 KB, 350x363
>>78841346
>YFW You can't find the Fantastic Four expansion cheaper than $100, even without a box.
>>
>>78846252
What the hell? Why's it so rare? I bought it a couple of years ago for 30 bucks and I haven't even played it, nor Legendary yet.
>>
>>78846252
Aw, that sucks dude. I just used Sue and Johnny in my last game and they murder with no remorse.
Maybe they'll do a reprint
>>
Are there any board games where you play as a hero each? For such a popular genre there's a big lack of decent board games.
>>
>>78846401
>>78846409

Not sure if it's Upper Deck or Marvel are both, but the FF expansion basically got a single print run before Marvel decided to stop pushing anything Fantastic Four, including gaming tie-ins like Legendary.

Some are still hiding at various shops still, I reckon, but the aftermarket prices are pretty crazy.

If they wanted to be silly, they could reprint them in their current incarnations.

>Thing is back!... as a Guardian of the Galaxy
>Sue is back!... as a Shield character
>Mr Fantastic is back!... as an evil Mastermind to fight
>>
>>78846252
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Marvel-Legendary-Deck-Building-Game-Fantastic-Four-Expansion-Upper-Deck-/121856543275?hash=item1c5f374a2b:g:EfcAAOSwNyFWfrGt

wow - you're weren't lying
>>
File: juggerlossus.jpg (36 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
juggerlossus.jpg
36 KB, 500x500
I initially got into Heroclix as a cheaper option of collecting figures since Marvel Legends figures don't really falls in price and international postage is $20 - $40 a figure. Having an interest in gaming to I really got into it and now Wizkids receive a large portion of my disposable income. Dice Masters does seem more popular but I don't spend more money on collectable crap. I see Legendary Villains is self contained as well as being able to be mixed with the original so I might get that one day. Tom Vasel's review of Justice League Action Dice looks pretty good, though much like a smaller simplified version of Legendary.
>>
>>78841433
>>78843562
It's easy as shit to break, but if you're playing with the sort of people that don't care that can be part of the fun.
>>
>>78843926
>four team symbols
So you need four cards to activate that? I mean, it seems worth it, but still.
>>
File: captain-marvel-common1.jpg (787 KB, 745x1015) Image search: [Google]
captain-marvel-common1.jpg
787 KB, 745x1015
>>78848351
It's meant to work with one of her commons.
>>
I find the DC deck builder to be much better then this one.
>>
>>78841346
Marvel Heroic Roleplaying game is my favorite RPG of all time.

How good it is? One of my friends is a big Marvel Hater, he really hates it. His entire existance is about shitting over Marvel. And yet, it's his favorite RPG too.

Seriously, take a look. Do look out for the character creation rules, they weren't on the first release on the game.

Also good look finding it, the game is out of print.

Still, if you do find it, you will have quite the experience.
>>
>>78841433
M&M is too worried about making mechanical rulings for shit to feel like my Canadian flash movies.
>>
File: cover_lg.jpg (148 KB, 500x795) Image search: [Google]
cover_lg.jpg
148 KB, 500x795
>>78841433
>/co/ tabletop games
>tfw i'll never run my dream hellboy tabletop game cause my group broke up when they all went to college and I'm a townie.
>>
>>78841346
Vs System.
>>
>>78843797
I keep seeing these all over the place. Is there any strategy involved in the game? How is deckbuilding?
>>
>>78841346
Man, this game is fun as fuck. It's a bit boring with the base expansion since each character only has one art, but with the new expansions, it's pretty fun to play (and not as repetitive to the eyes). I have Dark City, paint the town red, and secret wars vol.1
>>
>>78843797
Unlike say the Dc and marvel deck building, I believe all the dice masters are made by the same company. does that mean you can mix the different series?
>>
>>78851443
Yes, absolutely.
>>
>>78843599

You pick 3-5 heroes to stop a mastermind from completing his scheme. You race to build the best deck before the game beats you. Shit's legit.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.