[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Will Ren and Stimpy get revived?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1
File: Ren++Stimpy.jpg (124 KB, 430x387) Image search: [Google]
Ren++Stimpy.jpg
124 KB, 430x387
Will Ren and Stimpy get revived?
>>
I hope not. I like them too much for that.
>>
>>78837622
it wont, none of these 90s shows are getting revived, its all one guy named timbox and his anytown show shilling. just report and sage and move on.
>>
I hope not. It was shit.
>>
Another Adult Party Cartoon? No thanks.
>>
Please no.
>>
>>78837673
Found the millennial.
>>
>>78837622
Nope.

The original had a good run. 5 seasons, 52 episodes, 4 years.

The revival was garbage. Everybody knows that.

I just wish R&S gets a proper DVD reissue, one that actually has all the episodes as they originally aired on Nick, i.e. no unnecessary cuts.

But we all know that'll never happen.

;_;
>>
It already did. It sucked. Therefore, it's never coming back.
>>
>>78838178

It's possible the original cuts don't exist anymore. 90s Nick was dumb like that.
>>
No.
>>
>>78838201
Came here to post this. Adult Party Cartoon was a mistake.
>>
Nope, also no network in their right mind would work with John K
>>
>>78837667
Hey Arnold and MST3K actually are, which is pretty nuts.
>>
>>78838143
Millennials are 20-30
>>
>>78838778
Yup. They've usually got shit taste, too.
>>
>>78838861
But Ren & stimpy still had reruns until 2002, they grew up on it
>>
>>78838289
The DVD releases were just all kinds of fucked and used the masters from Spike TV reruns that had fadeouts in random spots of the episodes for commercial breaks.

They had planned at one point to release a complete series set that would've featured everything properly unaltered but that ended up never happening. It would be nice if Shout Factory were to pick up the torch and get that out but that's pretty doubtful considering Nick wouldn't let them release Rocko's Modern Life uncut.
>>
>>78839674
>>
I hope not (But Nick is going all for broke on nostalgia baiting)
>>
>>78837622
I hope not. This show did more to destroy cartoons than any other. After this show everyone started making stupid gross-out humor cartoons with godawful art styles.
>>
It's over.

Adult Party ruined any chance for a second coming
>>
>>78842992
It actually made cartoons other than 80s toy commercials possible.
>>
>>78843257
Funny considering how most of the original R&S staffers previously worked on cartoons that were bascially that
>>
>>78845367
Well yeah, that's pretty much all there was to the industry at the time. They ween't working on those sort of shows because they liked them, they worked on them because there was no other choice.
>>
>>78846383
>>
>>78838861
But those are the people who liked the show...
>>
>>78842992
Thank god Tumblr came along and made cartoons lukewarm unfunny shit again.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.