[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Extremely consistent design from 1992 to 2009 >Arkham
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 5
File: harleys4.jpg (413 KB, 1024x1264) Image search: [Google]
harleys4.jpg
413 KB, 1024x1264
>Extremely consistent design from 1992 to 2009
>Arkham Asylum gives her a new costume as a one-time sort of thing, Arkham City follows suit and then the New 52 gave her a shitty new look
>Now gets redesigned all the fucking time and has several costume changes even in her own comic
>No more jester costume ever again
Character depiction aside, what are your thoughts on Harley's many outfits? Do you expect to see much of the jester suit in future, or only very occasionally as it is now?
>>
Original jester outfit was very simple.
But simple is usually a good thing since it can be done more easily for many other artists too so more consistency.
Although it is very possible people were getting tired of her outfit.
I mean many stories that had her (Gotham city sirens for example) often had her just without her wearing her costume most of the time.
>>
>>78829061
>>Now gets redesigned all the fucking time and has several costume changes even in her own comic
it's cosplay fuel

>Character depiction aside, what are your thoughts on Harley's many outfits? Do you expect to see much of the jester suit in future, or only very occasionally as it is now?
I don't mind them, they're usually pretty cute. I don't expect to see the jester suit very often, just pull it out once in a while
>>
>>78829061
>it's cosplay fuel
Mystery solved
>>
>>78829061
>Do you expect to see much of the jester suit in future
Still on board with the SS rumors that she wears it or something extremely similair at one point
>>
>>78829061
Spider-man changes costumes all the time
Why can't Harley
>>
>>78829504
indeed
From 2006 to 2011 she was barely wearing her costume
the big outrage seems very staged to me
>>
File: spiderman.png (49 KB, 405x450) Image search: [Google]
spiderman.png
49 KB, 405x450
>>78830169
>Spider-man changes costumes all the time
But always goes back to this one. The jester outfit has all but disappeared. A brief appearance in Arkham Knight DLC and those three issues of Convergence are pretty much it since New 52.
>>
File: Harleys3.jpg (297 KB, 747x1134) Image search: [Google]
Harleys3.jpg
297 KB, 747x1134
>>78830102
I'm hoping her getting a chemical bleach isn't actually in the movie, partly because it makes her seem too similar to Joker, and mainly because I hate the white skin and black/red hair look, and giving more exposure to that element of her origin will make it even more prevalent.
>>
File: image.jpg (298 KB, 1280x886) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
298 KB, 1280x886
I think the multiple, newer costumes actually helped her really rocket into superstardom. I doubt she would have had the same kind of reaction in casual audiences if she kept the harlequin outfit.
>>
>>78830806
I would say the Arkham games are responsible for her rise in popularity, even though her face looked kind of fucked in Asylum and her voice is complete shit after the first, and I suppose the sexy nurse/sexy leather biker chick probably appealed to a lot of people.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.