[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>best LEGO show to date >has action and lore just like
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3
File: Screenshot_3.png (405 KB, 699x377) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_3.png
405 KB, 699x377
>best LEGO show to date
>has action and lore just like Steven Universe and Adventure time
>Always focuses on the story and rarely has filler.
>Criminally underrated.

Why can't people realize that a lego show can be really good? This show is still going strong from like 2012 with 6 seasons and a full length movie being worked on!
>>
>>78826333
I guess people don't like cartoons based on toys or something?
>>
>>78826333
Don't worry about it anon.
Most people won't go out of their way like you to try shows like this. Just enjoy Nexo Knights with the rest of Lego General.
>>
>>78826333
Stop pretending you're "above" other manchildren. You like a show made literally for kids, you're a manchild.
>>
>>78826479
I dont think I'm above anyone I just want to try and share this show as much as I can without being an obsessive idiot. I understand people have different tastes but I think everyone is just glued to the basic CN shows like SU, AT and WBB
>>
>Making a show about ninjas
>Not trying to boost their LEGO Dimensions sale and riding on the LEGO Movie's coattails by making a Dimensions cartoon where they could get away with any sort of plot they'd want avoiding licensed characters
I'm sorry, for a company that's supposedly about creativity and possibilities they sure seem fucking shortsighted.
>>
It's good. It's very good, even, it's one of the best action-oriented shows I've seen. But it also doesn't have what those other shows do: believable character writing.

It sounds like a minor requirement, but a show NEEDS to have characters with a lot of emotional depth to have an obsessive fanbase. Which shows like SU/AT/MLP have in spades. And also demonstrates why shows like Phineas & Ferb have none despite being near-universally loved in /co/.

As for the rest of us, well, action shows just aren't that popular.

>>78826647
There's really no way they'd be able to get the licensing for a Lego Dimensions show.
>>
>>78826333
>Why can't people realize that a lego show can be really good
I'm waiting for the Netflix Bionicle series famalamadingdong
>>
The constant continuity errors and retcons in this show have made it rather unwatchable for me.

The soundtrack is top tier, though.
>>
>>78830873
>continuity errors and retcons
Examples?
>>
>>78830946
>Garmadon was tossed into the Underworld when he and Wu were in their 20s
>That happened hundreds, even thousands of years before the show proper began
>He somehow has a son who's only about 10 when we first saw him and a wife who's still alive

The only explanations I have are either performing and being exposed to Spinjitzu makes you immortal or Misako stumbled into the underworld and decided that she wanted to get dicked by a charred skeleton guy.
>>
>>78826647
>Dimensions tagline is, "You're gonna need a bigger imagination!"
>No level editor
>No character customization or skill tree
>LD is THE only T2L franchise that requires absolutely zero imagination.
>>
>>78831194
I don't get that last one
>>
>>78826333
when's the new season start?
>>
>>78829892
Watch it turn out to be as halfassed as just about bit of media put out for the reboot.
>>
>>78826333
It's not great. It's not bad. It just simply is. I can put it on my TV and look at it, but that's about as much as I can say.
>>
>>78826333
weres the blue guy?

the guy who was a robot or w/e

he was the best
>>
>>78833462
>weres the blue guy?
On the far left.
>>
>>78831291
It already has, and it looks like they're keeping Cole a ghost for the long haul. At least I hope they will.
>>
>>78829778
the character writing is fine for the most part given they do as much reacting as they can toward major shake-ups, but still passionate about pushing forward.
>>
>>78833101
oh snap...
>>
>>78831286
Disney Infinity is all about creating new worlds. Skylanders at least has the skill tree, so each toy is unique.

LD has none of that.
>>
>>78836360
Oh snap indeed. I realized a word is missing.

>just about every bit
>>
>>78831194
>>No character customization or skill tree
I don't think you looked very hard.
>>
>>78826333
Oh, so I'm not the only one who likes Ninjago. That's cool.
>>
>>78826333
Didn't they have an episode where they destroyed the LEGENDARY weapons from the first movie yet somehow everything was the same but the weapons were destroyed?
>>
>>78826333
Could the story still happen without lego? Is the fact that everything is lego a part of the story?
>>
>>78826647
I'd rather just see a cartoon about Lego's non-licensed, non-themed stuff fucking around. Something like Lego Island, every day Lego people with Castle, Space, and Pirate stuff thrown in.
>>
I saw one ad for it
It was shit
>>
>>78840496
yeah, and they were the only ones that remembered it
>>
>>78831036
>Misako stumbled into the underworld and decided that she wanted to get dicked by a charred skeleton guy

she met him before he became a skeleton guy, there was even a love triangle between the three of them
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.