[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>character has psychic powers >touches two fingers to their
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: ChashmereandVelvet.png (887 KB, 1236x767) Image search: [Google]
ChashmereandVelvet.png
887 KB, 1236x767
>character has psychic powers
>touches two fingers to their head everytime they use them just to signify they are psychic

Why the fuck is this a thing...
>>
File: paula.jpg (297 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
paula.jpg
297 KB, 800x800
cause it looks cool
>>
>>78821144
Because that's where your temples are.

Touching your temples is supposed to help you relax when you're stressed or having a headache. It's implied that when you have psychic powers it puts a strain on your body, hence why they try to ease the pain.
>>
>>78821144
>OP starts a generic greentext/reaction image thread
>it is still allowed around here
Pic related.
>>
>>78822116
Thanks for the bump queer
And nice shitpost
>>
>>78821144
For some reason I really liked that Professor X did this in First Class.
>>
>>78822166
When you shitpost in a shotposting thread, does it really count?
>>
>>78822328
It's relevant to comics and cartoons, so it isn't a shitpost unlike yours.

Newfag
>>
>>78822328
>shots posted
>>
It's a symbolic gesture to let the audience know that they're psychic, otherwise they would just stand there and do nothing and nobody would be the wiser that it was they who were doing the psychic shenanigans. People do this shit all the time in real life. If someone has a headache, the physical gesture for that is rubbing the side of your head, or putting your head on your face in some fashion. Otherwise you just sit there with your head hurting and nobody would be the wiser.
>>
>>78822385
say "be the wiser" one more time
>>
>>78822400

be the wiser
>>
>>78821144
Same reason they usually emit visible waves when they use their power: visual medias use visual clues to tell you what's happening.
>>
>>78821144
Because it's what people do when they have a migraine so everyone understands the gesture as "something intense is going on with my brain." Except you, apparently. You're not too bright, are you?
>>
>>78822557
I never thought it would get this far
>>
>>78822385
>>78822400
>>78822557
>>78824528
Every now and then you remind me why I fell in love with you, /co/.
>>
>>78821144
>tilts his head and looks at people funny when he uses them
>>
File: What a beautiful day.jpg (46 KB, 459x328) Image search: [Google]
What a beautiful day.jpg
46 KB, 459x328
>and no sense of right or wrong
>>
>>78822166
great post
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.