[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who has the most functional and realistic romantic relationship
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 218
Thread images: 44
Who has the most functional and realistic romantic relationship in comics and cartoons

>i know the pic is /a/ but it all i could find on my phone related
>>
>>78818417

This is a terrible example OP, I hope you realize that. And it's Animal Man and his wife
>>
File: 124.jpg (113 KB, 900x889) Image search: [Google]
124.jpg
113 KB, 900x889
>phone
Begone, normie
>>
>>78818486
Nobody cares
>>
>realistic
Joker and Harley.
>he's a lying manipulative faggot with zero concern for anyone but himself
>she's a dumb obnoxious cunt who can only make things worse

That's the kind of people your average married couple consists of
>>
>>78818417
As much as I like Goku, he was a shit-tier husband.
>>
>>78818417
probably Reed and Sue t b h

They fight and make-up for the sake of family but its pretty clear that they love each other. But it's hard to picture them ever in just a "relationship" and now permanently melded together. Like Sue with Doom is still Reed's wife in some way.

In a more platonic way, I'd say maybe Oliver and Canary? They're more of a fun relationship that you don't see anything too off about.
>>
The mom and dad from Kim Possible
>>
>>78818545

>I had a bad childhood and now I'm going to project
>>
>>78818417
Early simpsons
>>
Superman and Lois had a pretty healthy marriage before Barry murdered it.
>>
>>78818486
>>78818545
I want /r9k/ to leave.
>>
File: tf.jpg (1 MB, 1920x2951) Image search: [Google]
tf.jpg
1 MB, 1920x2951
Just like a real relationship.
>>
>>78818417
If you wanted example of functional family, then instead of Goku it should've been Piccolo.
>>
>>78818417
all comic book relationships are pretty accurate, if you're good looking you sleep around, and when it comes to fidelity it goes right out the window
>>
>Goku
>having a functional relationship
Fuck, man.
Even Vegeta cares more about his kids.
>>
>>78818630
Not those guys, but I've been getting on /r9k/ a lot less.
>>
>make a post about relationships
>/r9k/ floods in
>>
>>78818471
Real answer right here.
>>
Did Chi-Chi trick Goku into sex, or did she just wait until he was a sleep and get a turkey baster?
>>
File: FuckQuesada.jpg (40 KB, 412x308) Image search: [Google]
FuckQuesada.jpg
40 KB, 412x308
Well, I know who did...
>>
Goku was a deadbeat dad.

To answer your question though, probably this>>78818590
>>
>>78818766
I think we all know what happened.
She told him prostate simulation is how sex happens and just collected the jizz from the used condom after she finished giving it to him.
>>
File: 1448041715555.jpg (1 MB, 1980x3043) Image search: [Google]
1448041715555.jpg
1 MB, 1980x3043
By realistic, you mean the relationship is realistic not the characters right?

Apollo and Midnighter are best couple.
>>
>>78818766
Most likely the turkey baster, Goku would probably think Chi-Chi was trying to fight him and start attacking her.
>>
File: 573185.jpg (252 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
573185.jpg
252 KB, 1600x900
>>78818766
Was she going to do with a turkey baster
>>
>>78818653
Dude, you've gotta tell me what issue this is from...
>>
>>78818417
>Goku and Chi Chi
Functional?

Dude, Goku got conned into marriage by Chi Chi. He didn't even know what it was that he got into. He also always leaves Chi Chi for long periods of time without telling her anything. On top of that, he takes Gohan along with him without Chi Chi's permission, disrupting his schooling and leaving Chi Chi all alone.

There is no communication in that relationship whatsoever. It's totally one-sided. Chi Chi is infatuated by Goku, but Goku is basically indifferent to her feelings. He just does what he thinks he's supposed to do because he got tricked into the marriage. He's a terrible husband.

He was also a pretty shitty dad, but that's a another topic in itself.
>>
>>78818870
What*
>>
>>78818417
well, yes, if in this picture the most romantic, functional relationship is Goku and the abstract concept that is the will to fight.
>>
>>78819009
If Chichi had any taste she'd leave Goku for Piccolo in an instant.
>>
>>78819137
Is she really better off with a sexless slugman who sits by himself in the desert most of the time?
>>
>>78818545
/thread
>>
>>78818417
damn chichi where have you been all my life with a body like that i didnt know you wore swimsuits like that either
>>
>>78819137
Do Namekians even have genitalia
>>
>>78819137
I imagine being the wife of the greatest warrior in the universe has it's perks...
>>
>>78818653
Am I crazy, or does this look a bot like Fred Perry's art?
>>
>>78819190
Considering that they reproduce by asexually spitting out eggs, probably not.
>>
>>78819192
Perks like being disregarded entirely and forced to cook gigantic feasts and clean up after them without even so much as a thank you?
>>
>>78819192
Getting your wife and kid kidnapped on a few occasions is not what you call a perk. Having a rich father-in-law is a perk.
>>
>>78819212
Was that really reproduction? He was able to spit out demons that way too, and isn't Piccolo a reincarnation of his father or something? Like he has the same soul or some shit.
>>
>>78819190
Unlikely, certainly no sexual organs.
They're a one gendered species that breeds asexually.
And whatever it is that Kami did to create Piccolo.
>>
>>78819137
Big Green Cock
>>
>>78819167
Is she really worse off though?
>>
>>78819167
it's been alluded to that he smells pretty bad also
>>
>>78819239
>Piccolo a reincarnation of his father or something

That's kindof what Namekians are, unless they fuse.
>>
>>78819277
If he smelled, why would Gohan let him babysit his daughter?
>>
>>78819277
>Sexless
>Homeless
>Smelly
>Slugman
Poor Piccolo...
>>
>>78819308
Piccolo's the only father figure Gohan ever had.
>>
>>78819310
>Still chosen over Gohan to be one of their Earth's fighters against Champa's team
Can't be that bad.
>>
>>78819310
Also later on in DBZ he was Yamcha tier as useful to the series
>>
>>78819308
Piccolo is his father, Goku is his biological dad. Piccolo practically raised Gohan as if he was his own.
>>
accurate millennial couple. prove me wrong.
>>
Homer & couch
https://youtu.be/kZu5iDTtNg0
>>
>>78819308
Maybe Gohan got used to the smell. Maybe his daughter getting Piccolo's smell on her made him feel nostalgic.
>>
>>78819441

The motherfucking couch gags are better than the actual show has been in years, and that makes me sad.
>>
>>78819441

....I would watch the shit out of that show
>>
>>78819403
I wouldn't know
>>
>>78818766
Goku probably knows what sex is from seeing wild animals do it. I'm sure he was willing to try it when Chichi brought it up.
>>
>>78819356
He killed his dad, kidnapped him, threw him at a mountain and left him in the woods alone for six months.
>>
>>78819906
That's tragically more actual bonding time with the kid than Goku ever did. Goku hardly remembers or cares that he has grand kids unless it has to do with fighting. Scratch that, if it doesn't relate to fighting Goku doesn't really care at all.
>>
>>78819968
To be fair I think that Chi Chi basically told him to stay the fuck away from gohan and that he will not grow up to be a fighter like Goku.

Though I never understood where Chi Chi magically started hating martial arts and refused to let Gohan train. Every single person she is related to or is friends with is a martial artist who has helped save the world due to their skill. Yes they suffered for it but they were each infinitely safer for having known how to fight. Its like they forgot that decided that she was just a normal woman not the daughter of one of the strongest fighters on the planet (at one time)
>>
>Pan is the name of that satyr dude
>he plays a flute
>a Piccolo is a type of flute
Gohan is the best son a green slugman could have.
>>
File: XF26210.jpg (190 KB, 794x555) Image search: [Google]
XF26210.jpg
190 KB, 794x555
>>78818417
I want to believe
>>
>>78818545
Don't cut yourself on that edge there, chum.
>>
>>78820785
What the hell happened to Bishop?
>>
>>78818766
Goku probably thought it was some kind of wrestling. It's sad to see how desperate he is to get away from his family in Super
>>
>>78819137
No dick.
>>
>>78818570

piccolo is more of a father to his son than he is
>>
>>78820785
Did they get a happy ending? I need to catch up so bad.
>>
Dont die
>>
I don't know if it counts but that couple that does Batman Piderman. Their character inserts are cute too. Their names escape me
>>
File: 1226478-001[1].jpg (257 KB, 636x532) Image search: [Google]
1226478-001[1].jpg
257 KB, 636x532
Vril and Stealth
>>
>>78819344
Piccolo basically became a play-by-play sports commentator, just describing whatever the fuck was happening that was supposedly too fast for humans to see.
>>
>>78818417
>Who has the most functional and realistic romantic relationship in comics and cartoons
Rose in Steven Universe. With food. She used to be Pink Diamond but got banned because she became too fat. Steven Universe is just a long tale about fat acceptance.
>>
Those 2.

Long years of happiness together chasing kids ands raising a cat. Never a fight, never a break.
>>
>>78821445
Any character saying "we're done" is killed next issue.
>>
>>78819820
>KAIOKEEEEEEEN
>TIMES FOUR!
>"Oh, Gokuu-u-u-u-uuwAAAAIIEEEE!"
>>
>>78823071
I'm admiteddly not a fan but I remember them bickering all the time.
>>
File: tumblr_n8uqf6kjNO1th712ho5_250.png (66 KB, 250x188) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n8uqf6kjNO1th712ho5_250.png
66 KB, 250x188
>>78818417
Terry and Dana Tan's relationship in Batman Beyond.
>>
>>78819261
thanks doc
>>
You people are on crack. Krillan and 18 have the most realistic relationship out of all of them
>>
>>78819009
But given Goku's rearing it's not his fault. Chichi chose Goku and CHOSE to mate with him so it's all her fault. Women are to blame for the men they select.

Decision making like Chichi? That's why fathers chose their daughter's husbands for them. They knew their daughters had shitty decision making skills. Women choose mates based on tingles and feelz so no logic involved.
>>
Goku and Chi Chi have a pretty solid relationship. It's just that "LOL Goku is a bad dad" has became a pretty popular meme.
>>
File: 1443135613110.gif (465 KB, 728x730) Image search: [Google]
1443135613110.gif
465 KB, 728x730
>>78818417
Seriously.
>>
>>78818417
>functional
>realistic
>romantic relationships
Pick two and just two.
>>
File: 1451925885478.png (725 KB, 978x683) Image search: [Google]
1451925885478.png
725 KB, 978x683
>>78825750
>>
>>78819009
No Goku fucking didn't get conned into anything. He knew what he was getting into. Chichi showed up at a tournament pissed off that Goku had agreed to marry her and then didn't follow up, so she wanted revenge. After Goku knocked her out of the ring he wanted to know what he did to offend her because he didn't recognize her after she hit puberty. She explained, he apologized for not knowing what marriage was and he asked krillan what the actual definition of marriage was. Then he decided that Chichi was the kind of woman he'd actually like to spend his life with and said yes.

The only other woman who had shown any interest in him up until that point being Bulma. So he made the right choice.

Bulma over the course of the show had found Yamcha, Flaming pedo homosexual General Blue, Goku, Vegita, Zarbon, and Frieza attractive so her taste in men is questionable at best.
>>
>>78825715
>functional
ok
>realistic
no. Impossibly, physically different from reality.
No conversations in the normal sense.
No staying apart for whatever reason normally.

It's fine, it works, it might be analogue to normality, but it isn't normality. It's not realistic in its portrayal.
>>
>>78819009
>He was also a pretty shitty dad, but that's a another topic in itself.

I want this fucking TFS meme to end, fucking christ. People have warped themselves into thinking it isn't a parody.

Goku still spent more time with his family than not. You have the 5 years between the Piccolo Jr. Arc and the start of Saiyan saga where he actually spent all his time with his family and didn't see his friends at all. He was dead for a year, but, considering he spent a year training Gohan in the HTC, I'm sure we can forgive that a little. He spent about another year away after the Namek saga, but he came back to spend 3 years with his family. When the world was on a one week deadline from cell before Cell games, what did Goku do? Spend time with his family.

Then he dies for 7 years. But when he comes back, he spends 10 years with his family. By the time he goes to train Uub his kids are 17 and 28 years old. I'm pretty sure they're ok with not seeing their dad everyday, considering Goten is around the age most people go off to college, and Gohan is the age most people have long since moved out of the house. "But Goku's abandoning his family by leaving halfway across the world!" you cry. Yeah, he's abandoning his family, most of which, including his 5 year old grandaughter, can travel across the world in minutes(which is the first thing we seePan doing!). Chichi lives for her kids more than anything, so I doubt she cares when she has Pan around, and as for finances, I'm sure Gohan has that covered.
>>
>>78826178
I mean, aside from being in one body, there are couples that can not stand to be apart and function quite well.
They also do converse in the traditional sense and they HAVE stayed apart over arguments and things, we even see it. It's just, when things are okay and they're in agreement, it's kinda hard to notice.
I dunno, I think I'm fucking sleepy.
But yeah, I should probably pick something more analogous to a human relationship. But all my favorite relationships are weird since my own is not exactly standard.
>>
>>78820043
I think Chichi just wanted the best for her kids,and was kinda ashamed by her country bumpkin lifestyle.She sees someone like Bulma, and knew Gohan would be much better off if he could have that lifestyle. Traditional martial arts in the DB world seems to rapidly be decreasing in importance, so martial artists aren't held in as high esteem as they were just a few years ago. The only really popular ones are flashy ones like Mr. Satan. Even Krillin, who spent most of his life in a temple, or Roshi,who spent most of his time as a hermit, are more modernized than Goku is, even as an adult.
>>
>>78826343
>People have warped themselves into thinking it isn't a parody.

The man gave a senzu bean to the android trying to kill everyone and was willing to let his son get tortured to death because he didn't know him for shit. Instead of going all out against Fat Buu he decided to chance his seven year old learning a technique in a few days it took him a month to learn in a dead body in the land of the dead to fight a monster he didn't understand far beyond anything he ever faced. When he found out Gohan was alive he didn't immediately fuse with him to kill Super Buu, and elected to save an alien, fraud and a dog over his own family. Goku is a terrible husband and father.

>considering he spent a year training Gohan in the HTC

Away from Chi Chi. He sees his family as battle companions, nothing more.

>Spend time with his family.

Because he didn't think he could get any stronger in the chamber, which Vegeta proved wrong.

>Then he dies for 7 years.

Which was entirely his fault, along with leaving his wife with a new baby.

>I'm pretty sure they're ok with not seeing their dad everyday

How about not at all when he can see them whenever he wants?
>>
>>78826073
to be fair Zarbon is pretty hot and Frieza is adorable
>>
File: clapping man.gif (151 KB, 360x270) Image search: [Google]
clapping man.gif
151 KB, 360x270
>>78826343
>>
>>78820043
>>78826482
Master Roshi is immortal and has his own private island which somehow has basic utilities.
Krillin is able to support his family as a respectable member of society.
Yamcha is a multi-millionaire from barely at all creative applications of his powerlevel.
Piccolo has God's house.
Goku on the other hand.. is a farmer that's dead a bunch of the time that lives in the middle of bumfuck nowhere. If chichi wasn't a princess,(and I vaguely recall the tournament winnings being lifetime payments?) the entire household would be financially destitute for years on end.
She probably wasn't that bad at the start of the saiyan saga but having to endure all of that combined with the trauma from the temporary loss of her child probably made her say fuck no to that lifestyle.
>>
>>78827509
she was terrible pre-saiyan saga, she wanted Gohan to be a schoolkid when we meet him
>>
>>78827598
Yes anon. How terrible. A mother dotes on her child and wants him to have a basic education instead of being raised in the woods with no social interaction.
>>
>>78827666
>instead of being raise din the woods with no social interaction
But he was. He didnt really meet anyone outside of his family until he started saving the world.

Also every single person Chi Chi loves or respects outside of Bulma and Launch are are martial artists.
>>
>>78827740
>. He didnt really meet anyone outside of his family until he started saving the world.
Because he was kidnapped by an evil green alien before he could even have his first day at school and got shipped off to an alien planet to fight a tyrannical galactic overlord afterwards.
>>
>>78818417
>Goku
>any kind of decent dad or loving husband
>>
>>78827886
It's funny, when we were kids we all thought Chi Chi was terrible for not wanting her son to go be a hero. Now, it's really obvious that she's the only one that cares about him outside of his fighting power.
>>
>>78827886
He was five or six when Goku took him to Kami house. The only people he had met at that point were his parents and Ox KIng.

>>78827889
I dont think anyone is saying he is a decent dad.
>>
>>78827889
Early DBZ Goku is a great Dad, not so much later though.
>>
>>78827980
Bruh, he was dead for 7 years because he wanted to save everyone on Earth. I think he earned that absence.
>>
File: image.jpg (178 KB, 400x600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
178 KB, 400x600
This board is full of plebs and casuals.
>>
File: best couple right here.jpg (48 KB, 274x262) Image search: [Google]
best couple right here.jpg
48 KB, 274x262
>>
>>78826073
general blue a cute!
a cute!
>>
>>78828016
I never really liked how they framed his leaving Earth. The time jump especially seems to indicate that Goku was especially absent. Which really sucks seeing as he could communicate with his family using Supreme Kai. Honestly if they had just framed it as Gooku providing support from above it would have been so much better.
>>
File: 1189238-440px_franklin442.jpg (48 KB, 624x640) Image search: [Google]
1189238-440px_franklin442.jpg
48 KB, 624x640
>ITT people who grew with the American dub and TFSfags
Goku always loved their family and only was absent because he need to. People forget the timeskips where Goku was just with his family and that he always the one who brings food to the table. He doesn't put his interest on Gohan who like it or not, wants to be a nerd.

Vegeta is a better father? Perhaps, he grew with a family so the concept is more clear to him than to Goku it also helps he didn't fie as much as he did.

Also, the FF
>>
>>78828303
DBS shows us that even when goku is "home" he spends as much time far away from them as possible

u mad that TFS does a better dub.
>>
File: 018.png (241 KB, 1023x1500) Image search: [Google]
018.png
241 KB, 1023x1500
>Goku doesn't love Chi chi
>>
File: picc.png (366 KB, 632x718) Image search: [Google]
picc.png
366 KB, 632x718
>>
>>78828303
Toriyama said Goku doesn't have a clear concept of family, family to him are his friends. Still in the new mango Goku states how Chi chi is special to him for her strong will and in the movie and animu the first think he thinks of the moment he is loosing against Bills is her.
>>
>>78828423
Sasuga monkeys.
>>
>>78827740
>Lunch
>existing
>>
>>78828527
You shut your lying whore mouth
>>
>>78818417
Wakfu has something like that with a teen romance progressing all the way to married life and parenthood.

It was really cute to see Eva and Tristepin and mom and dad.
>>
File: 1436994031924.png (680 KB, 619x480) Image search: [Google]
1436994031924.png
680 KB, 619x480
>>>/a/
>>
>>78827509
>Goku on the other hand.. is a farmer that's dead a bunch of the time that lives in the middle of bumfuck nowhere. If chichi wasn't a princess,(and I vaguely recall the tournament winnings being lifetime payments?) the entire household would be financially destitute for years on end.

It's a one time thing, Roshi was upset when Goku ate all his earnings away at the restaurant after they went out. Chichi is largely supported by her dad's money, which was running out fast by the time of the beginning of the Great saiyaman saga, which is part of the reason why she actually encourages Gohan and Goten to enter. And now in recent stories, it's elaborated that goku has gone into farming to support his family.
>>
>>78819192
>being the wife of the greatest warrior in the universe
She isn't married to her own son, you sick fuck.
>>
>>78828560
Flopin is adorable, I want to see her continued adventures with warrior-god-king Yugo and the brotherhood of tofu
>>
>>78825653
>tips fedora
>>
File: Nipples the alien.png (136 KB, 249x559) Image search: [Google]
Nipples the alien.png
136 KB, 249x559
>>78828690
>Gohan
>Worth anything
Also, pic related is the strongest warrior in the universe, only one on top of him is Bills, Goku is the second strongest.
>>
>>78828560
Why is Grovy black now? It made sense when he got powered up because he almost died in the desert and got tan as fuck. That doesn't even look like a tan anymore, and it lasted like 10 years apparently?
>>
>>78828814
You know about permanent tans? If white people are too long in the desert or hot climate they can never be as white as they where.
>>
>>78822357
Wait ... Didn't she rape him?
>>
>>78828232
>The time jump especially seems to indicate that Goku was especially absent. Which really sucks seeing as he could communicate with his family using Supreme Kai. Honestly if they had just framed it as Gooku providing support from above it would have been so much better.

That's not really supposed to be the way things are, though. Goku was supposed to be dead, gone from the mortal world; not a force ghost like Obi-wan. In the Dragon ball world, despite the constant resurrections and interactions with gods we see from our perspective, those aren't supposed to be regular facets of the universe.
>>
>>78828811
Unlocked potential Gohan >> SS3 Goku
>>
>>78828811
Don't forget Whis is stronger than Beerus
>>
>>78828866
Bring a source to that, also:
Super Cyan >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> SS3 >>>>>>>>>> Nerd who can't even go SS
>>
>>78828369
I don't get it.

Are they implying their bitches love it rough?
>>
>>78828018
Yeah they are adorable together
You know your love is strong when it overcomes things like missions to assassinate the king of Atlantis as ordered by your own father
>>
>>78828893
Wait, are we using meme movies to argue now?
>>
>>78828303
Sorry I can't hear you over the sound of Goku willingly decline coming back to life to train.
Dude left his teenage son and wife (is was apparently pregnant) to train for no foreseeable reason.
>>
>>78828974
Goku already achieved Super Cyan in both the manga and anime now m8.

Gohan wasn't even selected as one of the 5 greatest warriors of the universe for the next tournament ark. Not to mention Gohan had a better performance in the meme movie.
>>
>>78825329
this, Krillin got best girl, and she's rich as fuck from blackmailing Satan every year. he does pretty well for himself too (though Super made him a cop for some reason)
>>
>>78829024
I guess I've lagged behind in following the latest news. I've only watched until the Majin Bu saga.
>>
File: werty0u'.png (979 KB, 1280x332) Image search: [Google]
werty0u'.png
979 KB, 1280x332
>>78828942
So right now power levels go like this.
Whis>Bills>Nipples>Goku/Vegeta>Buu>Piccolo
>>
>>78829024
>5 greatest warriors of the universe
>Napoleon of all Jobbers is there
Actually, that makes Gohan even more pathetic.
>>
File: j015.jpg (100 KB, 687x277) Image search: [Google]
j015.jpg
100 KB, 687x277
>>78829024
>even Goku has no faith in Gohan at all
That's actually really depressing.
>>
>>78818592
Yes I know you did but I don't think anyone asked.
>>
File: _20160109_101457.jpg (110 KB, 586x1344) Image search: [Google]
_20160109_101457.jpg
110 KB, 586x1344
>>78825329
Sorry bro. I'm gonna have to disagree with you there. Gohan & Video's relationship is the most realistic.
>>
>>78823071
It already happened, in the manga (which is where shit really happens) they got married and he impregnated her
>>
>>78828944
Then she went back home destroyed all info on how to escape and killed her father
For the man she loves
>>
File: 121753541736-1120.png (101 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
121753541736-1120.png
101 KB, 480x640
>>78826343
People keep trying to find loopholes in Goku actions to prove he is a monster, when Toriyama is basically making him a saint among humans

This truly is a shit meme, but even if was correct...could people blame him?
Goku never saw his mom, and the closest he got to a father figure was a redneck who HE killed accidently. After that Kame kinda adopted him, but he was 5/6 years old already.
Even if Goku was not that good of a father (which is false), it would be completely understandable, ChiChi forced him into marriage after all, because he did not even knew the hell it meant.

Funniest part is how Toriyama is obviously trying to convey that living the world is more pure than learning it from the books. Goku is basically "The good savage" in alien form, while ChiChi in order to put Gohan out of fights and ther "savages" behavior, forced studies on him, completely with a nazi teacher who used to whip him. In the end the choice of Gohan was not his mother ways, but exploring the world instead, destroying completely the shitty meme once for all. Even if Goku failed as a typical father, Gohan choose it, and so did Goten
>>
File: Gena_Jigglypuff.png (497 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Gena_Jigglypuff.png
497 KB, 1280x720
>>78829378
>video
>>
The lack of Hicstrid in this thread is disgusting.
>>
>>78826073
>General blue
>Zarbon
>Frieza
Well, she surely seems to have good taste
>>
>>78818417
The Addams family is a comic, so there you go.
>>
>>78819006
Wingblade series

>>78819205
You are crazy. It's by Sarah Stone
>>
File: _20160109_101507.jpg (115 KB, 586x1344) Image search: [Google]
_20160109_101507.jpg
115 KB, 586x1344
>>78829450
Damn autocorrect.
>>
>>78829436
Gohan went back to the books after living the world, implying the best path is a little of both
>>
File: 1267542477300.jpg (259 KB, 446x600) Image search: [Google]
1267542477300.jpg
259 KB, 446x600
>>78828974
>>78829024
the fuck is a meme movie?
>>
File: 1325295198002.png (113 KB, 1433x1437) Image search: [Google]
1325295198002.png
113 KB, 1433x1437
>>78826343
It's just niggers projecting their daddies issues on Goku, which may explain why Gohan is so popular in America.
>>
>>78829607
"meme" is used for "something you don't like". Keep it with the time gramps, language evolve.
>>
>>78829436
Toriyama is a hack who doesn't understand human behavior. Fuck his intentions.

Go deal with >>78827055
>>
>>78826073
Woman loves man in lipstck

This is a fact.
>>
>>78829607
Don't bother, /a/ is going full retard
>>
>Gokufags in full force.

Don't you have a Superman vs thread to shit all over?
>>
>>78829657
Goku is not a human.
>>
File: 1363715040849.jpg (565 KB, 692x1080) Image search: [Google]
1363715040849.jpg
565 KB, 692x1080
>>78829378
Gohan X Videl hijinks in highschool were amazing

Then she got spanked and cut of her pigtails

What a shame...
>>
>>78829723
More like, people who actually watched the show instead of an adulterated version.

But cat loves food yeah yeah.
>>
>>78829732
He was raised by humans and the other Saiyan who wasn't raised by humans and was even a monster most of his life somehow became a better father
>>
>>78829436
>ChiChi forced him into marriage after all, because he did not even knew the hell it meant.
I think if Goku didn't want to marry Chi Chi he would've said so. He probably liked that she could fight.
>>
File: Projecting.jpg (29 KB, 490x333) Image search: [Google]
Projecting.jpg
29 KB, 490x333
>>78829657
>dad issues kids making projections on how Goku is the worst person ever
>sister envy kids making projections on how Arthur should spank D.W till her death
>mamma-boys making MILF threads every time a regular mother of any show is posted

This board surely have fucked up families
>>
File: GokuChiChiWedding.Ep.153.png (211 KB, 576x432) Image search: [Google]
GokuChiChiWedding.Ep.153.png
211 KB, 576x432
>>78829436
Does this look forced to you?
>>
File: 07985487580.png (264 KB, 538x512) Image search: [Google]
07985487580.png
264 KB, 538x512
>>78829935
Do you seriously came here expecting normies?
>>
>>78818417
Bob and Pickles from the Oblongs desu
>>
Didn't Toriyama once admit that he married Goku and Chichi just because and if the right editor was nearby, he would've married him with Bulma?

Also it's hilarious how irrelevant the first heroine became.
>>
File: 122765884975-1120.png (77 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
122765884975-1120.png
77 KB, 480x640
>>78829942
>>78829856

You niggas should watch the show

Long story short. Goku saved ChiChi, that was in BDSM clothes locked in a tower made by his father.
When saved, Chichi said that she would marry Goku, and made him promise it. Goku was clueless but did it anyway.
Goku never came back, and the story marched on...however when teenager Chichi appeared on a tournament to fight Goku because he never came back to her. The two had the fight and he finally understood the hel was happening, having feelings for Chichi too.
Both got married from this on.
>>
>>78830055
Toriyama claimed he married Chi Chi to Goku because he hated Chi Chi. He hates drawing her.
>>
>>78818417
Titania and Absorbing Man.
Their relationship is far from perfect, they even separated a couple of times, but they love each others and always try to bend themselves for their partner and talk things out.
>>
>>78830055
No, he married her with Goku to punish himself for not wanting do keep drawing her.

As Goku wife, he would be forced to draw her, Goku and Bulma have never been the end game. The original idea was her marrying Yamcha m8.
>>
>>78830055
>all those Toriyama quotes that never happened

HE WANTED TO STOP AT FRIEZA SAGA, BUT THE PUBLISHERS FORCED HIM! IT'S TRUE, I SAW IT ON GEOCITES!
>>
>>78830122
>having feelings for Chichi too.

ha ha ha

>>78830176
No one said Bulma was endgame. I was saying he had so little investment in Goku's romance that he could've been talked into anything.
>>
>>78829607
guardians of the galaxy, apparently
>>
>>78830245
>THEY JUST KISSED? THAT IS IT? WHERE IS MY ROMANCE? I WANT ROMANCE

>BY THE WAY WHO CARES ABOUT ROMANCE? FUCKING TUMBLR!

it's Korra all over again
>>
>>78830122
Dumb nigger, how do those two posts contradict you?

In fact, your post isn't accurate to the show. Chi Chi was sent to Roshi for Bansho Fan.
>>
File: laughing cheetah.png (481 KB, 509x480) Image search: [Google]
laughing cheetah.png
481 KB, 509x480
>>78822357
>>
>>78830305
>This much autistic rage over a shitship.

And when did Goku intitate any romantic gesture?
>>
>>78823071
From the English dub of Pokemon, I always got the feeling James was gay and Jessie and him had a sibling type relationship.
>>
Childhood is when you idolize Goku

Adulthood is when you realize Frieza makes more sense
>>
>>78823181
Fighting and resolving is part of a healthy relationship.
>>
>>78830122
>having feelings for Chichi too.
yeah, platonic friendship. he agreed to get married because he promised her. Goku might love her but he isn't in love with her.
>>
>>78828303
>People forget the timeskips where Goku was just with his family and that he always the one who brings food to the table.

Goku doesn't do housework or provide for them financially, he's glutton that will eat them out of house and home and only cares about his sons for their power.

>Vegeta is a better father?

Why is there a question mark at the end of this sentence.

>Perhaps, he grew with a family

He grew up as a Saiyan, who only care about killing shit. He didn't care about his parents or relatives beyond being royalty.

>>78829436
>This truly is a shit meme, but even if was correct...could people blame him?

If he couldn't be blamed, would that make him any less a terrible parent or husband?

>Funniest part is how Toriyama is obviously trying to convey that living the world is more pure than learning it from the books.

Goku doesn't live in the real world, he's pretty well a sociopath who only cares about fighting and eating. He's never developed a healthy relationship with anyone or took on adult responsibilities.
>>
>>78829398
no shit?!
>>
>>78830770
>Goku doesn't do housework or provide for them financially
They're farmers
>>
File: 1334794260242.jpg (17 KB, 354x352) Image search: [Google]
1334794260242.jpg
17 KB, 354x352
>>78818417
>He's never with her basically the whole series
>The only times he's been around for the only sex he's had in years he spends training and fighting
>He doesn't give a fuck anyway because he likes fighting more he's probably only had sex two times
>>
>>78829398
any pic related?
>>
>>78828423
Piccolo was a better father to Gohan than Goku.
>>
>>78830122
He never shown any real love toward her

He liked her as a friend but only agreed on marrying her becasue he made a promise and because she started crying.
For entire series, he never shown any real sign of dedication to ChiChi or interest. Most of the time she was just yelling at him or he was just spending his time away from her.

This relationship was patologic.
>>
>>78818772
But no, everyone wants Peter to be a globe trotting manchild, right?

Oh god, it still hurts...
>>
>>78830841
Goku is like asexual Sherlock Holmes being forced to marry, sex and kids.
He never cared for any of it and he would probably get fooled into having a gay sex with Krillin if someone tried to fool him that way.
>>
>>78830823
>They're farmers.
Not in canon.
>>
>>78828423
And the issue there was basically just Goku not understanding that Gohan wasn't like he was as a kid. It was a flaw, but it doesn't make him terrible. Goku fought the Red Ribbon Army and the Demon King all by himself, he expected Gohan to have the same strength of will because he had no other reference.
>>
>>78832124
The manga has it too.
>>
>>78827055
>Which was entirely his fault, along with leaving his wife with a new baby.
I guess he should have just let Cell blow up and let everyone die right?
>>
>>78829935
Goku is actually a really bad father and you would have to be really fucked up to disagree.
>>
>>78832518
>The Super manga isn't canon.

>>78832588
>I guess he should have just let Cell blow up and let everyone die right?
No, he shouldn't have wasted time talking, teleported Cell away then teleport back before he blew up, or jumped in to kill him when he lost perfect, or not fucked around and killed suppressed Perfect Cell during their fight. Anyway you go about it Goku had no business dying.
>>
>>78832355
If Piccolo could figure out that Gohan wasn't Goku 2.0, why couldn't Goku himself? Piccolo literally had no life besides getting revenge on Goku and whatever hateful and lonely memories King Piccolo passed down
>>
>>78833091
Goku is an alien war-monster that is only able to function peacefully in society due to severe brain damage sustained as an infant suppressing some of his genocidal tendencies. He has a lot of trouble grasping complex concepts that don't involve violence.
>>
>>78833091
Because Piccolo's smarter than Goku. Nobody ever called Goku intelligent.
>>
>>78833201
True. Vegeta was only able to integrate being unusually intelligent for a sayian.
>>
File: image.jpg (47 KB, 201x206) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
47 KB, 201x206
>>78826343
Yes. YES.
>>
>>78833413
Really, Vegeta's only able to integrate because Bulma lets him do whatever the hell he wants and she's rich as hell. He's even worse than Goku when it comes to being a functional adult, he's almost as dumb but also spoiled and an asshole.
>>
File: 1449964100592.jpg (17 KB, 361x254) Image search: [Google]
1449964100592.jpg
17 KB, 361x254
>>78818417
>>i know the pic is /a/ but it all i could find on my phone related
>>
>>78833748
>He's even worse than Goku when it comes to being a functional adult
Like taking his kid to the park for an afternoon and keeping an eye on Gohan and Goten while Goku chose to fight strong guys in the afterlife. What an asshole.
>>
>>78832124
M8, super is canon.
>>
>>78834733
He took his kid to the park once to make up for the fact he punched his kid without warning, and he didn't do shit for Gohan and Goten. Not a good dad.
>>
>>78830505
Frieza lost, and that's all that matters in the long run
>>
>>78833435
shut up Polnareff
>>
>>78829664
>implying anyone actually from /a/ would bother with this thread
>>
>OP image gets deleted
>OP had an actual question and said the image was all he had at the moment
>people are STILL arguing over Dragon Ball
>>
>>78836699
>He took his kid to the park
Because Trunks landed a hit on him. How good of him to make up for his sin of striking him so he can be carried to safety for a last ditch attempt against Buu.

>and he didn't do shit for Gohan and Goten
Who shot Cell in the back for the win again? Watched over them while Goku was dead and giving Goten a companion? Went off to avenge Gohan while Goku was busy with a dirt nap against the monster Goku was too scared to provoke? Came up with the plan to revive them and save the universe? Hint: it wasn't Krillin.

>Not a good dad.
>implying you'd have to be to be better than Goku
>>
File: epilogue.png (242 KB, 830x1106) Image search: [Google]
epilogue.png
242 KB, 830x1106
>>78823071
>>78830774
>>78830876
The electric tale of Pikachu epilogue chapter
>>
Any other contestors
>>
>>78818417
I would say Ralph and Sue Dibny, but y'know... rape and death and stuff. Buddy and Ellen then.
Thread replies: 218
Thread images: 44

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.