[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I know there are westaboos in Japan, but are there any other
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4
File: BANE.png (349 KB, 856x1250) Image search: [Google]
BANE.png
349 KB, 856x1250
I know there are westaboos in Japan, but are there any other countries who make a lot of references to American comics in their own national stuff?
>>
>>78817261
YOU'RE A PRETTY BIG LOLI
>>
>>78817261
that's not a bane mask it's a muzzle because she's a vampire/werewolf/her quirk is fangs.
>>
>>78817326
>>78817261
It's actually a specialized gas mask, since the gimmick of the chapter is that the bad guys are gassing the training camp of the hero class.
>>
>>78817261
Wait you mean it's not supposed to look like the bad guy in Fury Road?
>>
>>78817261
Where is MY UPDATE, is there a holiday I don't know about
>>
>>78821034
Looks more like Bane. When they do Immortan, they make damn sure to show off the teeth
>>
>>78817261
I would argue that anyone who writes a superhero comic is automatically referencing American comics.
>>
File: 8000.png (54 KB, 740x491) Image search: [Google]
8000.png
54 KB, 740x491
>>78821380
tell me this is not real
>>
>>78823213
"This is not real"
>>
>>78817261
What is Europe.
>>
How come shit like dragonball z is more worldly and will have more third world hues referencing it, but shit like superman and batman doesnt get as much love in terms of what they actually are? Like, nobody really makes batman's noir thing into anything, but fucking everyone has ripped off DBZ's fighting at this point.
>>
>>78823213
Why would it bother you if it was?
>>
>>78823290
Are you kidding me? Superman is global. Batman too, but to a lesser degree.
Superman IS the archetype of hero, no matter what country you are.
>>
>>78817287
For you, senpai!
>>
>>78823213
It isn't, it's a fan art.
>>
>>78823290
DBZ fighting
You mean excessive speed lines and abuse of white space to compensate for not showing anything, because the way they are attempting to show the fight would look laughably atrocious if you the viewer could actually see what was going on?
The answer is because its INCREDIBLY cheap to do so, in both costs and time to produce.

Simply animated fights look wrong, unless a mountain of detail is put in, watching an animated fight would be cringe worthy. Because the body moves too weirdly, to the point of it being in the uncanny valley.

For example a common "attack" is throwing a dozen punches at once. They use speed lines because drawing it in a way that would be seen it would be horrible, the characters would look broken, as their bodies move in an inhuman manner.
>>
>>78823812

Is it done by Eiichiro Oda? It looks a lot like One Piece, especially the women. Hell, the granny is a dead ringer for the doctor that Chopper used to live with.
>>
>>78823903
Excessive speedlines are sometimes okay. Murata does it well.
>>
>>78825115
It's just a fan copying Oda's style
>>
File: Rat-Man_Collection_32.jpg (175 KB, 611x800) Image search: [Google]
Rat-Man_Collection_32.jpg
175 KB, 611x800
I'd be surprised of the opposite anywhere where there's a comic industry.
>>
>>78825277
>artist specializes in cartoonish art
>still can draw capeshit better than your average American
Sasuga
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.