[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
so did this series made an impact or it was quickly forgotten
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 134
Thread images: 11
File: jessica j.jpg (148 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
jessica j.jpg
148 KB, 1280x720
so did this series made an impact or it was quickly forgotten and accepted as ''meh''?
>>
>>78812790
I fucking hated it by the end of it, so I rather forget it ever happened.
It still hurts.
Killing the Purple Man was the biggest bullshit I've ever seen.
>>
>>78812790
Women and homosexuals love it.

Men think it's meh.
>>
Started gritty, quickly became stale and wallowing in slef-pity. I basically resented JJ by the end of it.
>>
Rape/Abuse victims liked it.
>>
>>78812790
Memes and shitposting aside, it was okay. Good, even, but after the expectation-shattering Daredevil, it was just sorta.. okay. Purple Man absolutely stole the show, its a shame to see him gone.
>>
>>78812850
>homosexuals

No, we don't.
>>
I just finished it yesterday and I liked it a lot. Kilgrave and Luke were my favorite characters. The side characters were pretty annoying though and the plot kinda dragged and stuttered at times. Overall, good but not as good as Daredevil in my opinion.
>>
It was a great show enjoyed by pretty much everyone who enjoyed DD but you're on a board where the only objective indicators for quality are how many women or homos or black people are in it. So if you want to know what /tv/ thinks, they hate it because it has women, homos and black people.
>>
I liked it. About as good as DD; the plotting was a lot messier but the characters were more fleshed out and the scenarios more interesting.

Kilgrave was the high point and Nuke was the low point.
>>
Even my dad kinda hesitantly called it "good," and he likes most things he sees.
>>
>>78812790
Only /co/ hated it.

But it's /co/, their opinion doesn't matter, therefore everybody loved it because it's very good.
>>
At this point in DD's lifespan, people were still talking about it. It was really good,but DD is definitely the Iron Man of Netflix Marvel series, forever untouchable and heralded as the best ever made. Every series after it has S1 of DD to make comparisons with, which taints your watching of it automatically. Even while enjoying JJ, I kept waiting for that moment that would really make me think it was something special.

S2 announcement of DD also hasn't helped JJ stay relevant.
>>
>>78812790
i though it was a 6/10, it had some qualities but when it was bad it was bad, not like daredevil that was a ride from beginning to end
>>
>>78812790
it's widley accepted as Daredevil is better

still a good show tbqh
>>
I enjoyed it very much.
>>
I think people set the bar too high because of Daredevil success, I'd give it a 7.5 /10. But it's nowhere Daredevil level
>>
>>78812790
An entire tv series following the adventures of kilgrave becoming a hero would have been better and more entertaining.

Has anyone ever actually made a tv series about someone with a kilgrave powerset?
>>
I absolutely loved it.
>>
>>78814211
This. Anticlimactic ending too.
>>
Not great, but solid. Problem was I kept comparing it to Daredevil while I watched it and it just came up short in comparison.
>>
>>78812790

Easily forgettable.
>>
>>78815099
Someone with that powerset struggling and becoming a hero?

Sure.

Killgrave becoming a hero?

Are you fucking stupid or something? Did you watch the show? Did you not get how psychopathic he was? I wouldn't blame you if you couldn't give it any focus, because it really dragged on and should have been like 4 or 5 episodes shorter.
>>
If you cut out all the bullshit it's pretty fucking awesome.

Too bad the bullshit is like 60-70% of the fucking show.
>>
>>78812790
Nuke, Patsy, Luke, and Kilgrave were all pretty good.

Really, Jessica is the only character I didn't like. Which isn't a good thing when the series title is Jessica Jones.
>>
>>78815859
I think Jessica Jones is fine. Along with all the people you mention.

The issue is everybody else in the fucking show. cut that bullshit out. Its terrible.
>>
>>78813938
>>78814211
DD was far from perfect. The ending was a weak attempt to actually give Matt a victory after Fisk is already defeated for reasons almost completely unrelated to him, and the kill or not to kill dilemma was really poorly handled. Not to mention the attempted "Another man's evil does mot make you good" theme, which doesn't work very well because Matt doesn't really do anything remotely "evil".

It's still the best cape show, but only because the bar is horribly low.
>>
I would have watched it, but the racemixing warning prevented me from even looking at it

that's the same reason why its difficult for me to continue the flash

it's insulting and repetitive, and it's also aesthetically unpleasant
>>
>>78815099
Code Gayass used that premise.
>>
It did everything except fight scenes much better than Daredevil, imo.
>>
>>78813222
Shut up, faggot. You don't know what's good for you.

That's why you like men.
>>
>>78815958

You're supposed to like the shows you watch, even if it were amazingly written (JJ is not) you would find it unenjoyable for the reasons you said

Just watch something better with less niggers
>>
>>78815958
But there has literally been 0 Barry+Iris romance in S2 of The Flash. Hell, no black people are involved in any relationships unless you count Stein and the new half of Firestorm.
>>
The show only had about 6 episodes worth of content. I think it would have been much stronger and better paced if they dumped all the filler.

Jessica also looks like she stinks of sweat and piss, which isn't ideal.
>>
>>78813059
>The number of people maimed and killed because of that stupid bitch.

Our hero! lol
>>
>>78813939
Daredevil was amazing until the finale, which was a pile of shit. But it still stands head and shoulders above JJ in literally every way.
>>
>>78815839
This, pretty much.
>>
The lesbian lawyer sub plot was a waste of time and was a good example of shows today just forcing in LGBT characters so they don't get grief for it.
>>
>>78815958

I love it. I love white boys getting put off by shows cause of the "race mixing" agenda. Stay salty.
>>
File: 2nd doctor.png (47 KB, 300x225) Image search: [Google]
2nd doctor.png
47 KB, 300x225
>>78812839

>>Purple Man

>>Wasn't the least bit purple

MFW
>>
>>78815905
The incestwins and Kilgrave support group were pure padding. Dump Nuke and all that shit and you have a much tighter JJ (The series I mean. Luke stretched dat ass out for good).
>>
>>78816911
He had a little bit of purple when he raged... Kinda. Maybe he forgot to clean his face or something.
>>
>>78816662
She's supposed to be a fuck-up who keeps making things worse. The show had problems, but her making mistakes was not among them.
>>
>>78815958
Jesus
>>
>>78812790
It was alright, but it probably won't have any important legacy due to 3 major flaws.

1. Jessica was too cynical from the beginning. Her life had basically been shit since the car accident and she really didn't seem like someone who would try the superhero thing in the first place. The scene with her shitting all over the Jewel costume was probably the worst part of that. The whole point of Jessica after Killgrave is how hard she got fucked over and how it ruined her life, but in the show it pretty much felt like she was already halfway there even before she met him.

2. Power inconsistency is really annoying. Having super strength, but still being weak enough where you can get taken down by a bitch with a 2X4 is just dumb, more to be said about her later. Also don't like how she just jumps good instead of flying, but it could be redeemed if they actually build up to her having flight at some point.

3. The siblings, seriously fuck those two. They were amusing for one joke and that was it. Was Killgrave supposed to represent the audience when he call the brother annoying, be cause he was super right. The sister is even worse and they both manage to fuck up the plot in their own special ways. Which would be fine if they were actually endearing, but when you're annoying and someone dies because of your retarded bullshit it's just like why are you on screen. You're not a villain, you're just a shit.
>>
>>78816972
No one is allowed to kill Killgrave 'cos I want to save blondie, no matter how many people he kills in the meantime. And now blondie's dead too *tee-hee* I'm SUCH a fuckup!
>>
>>78815980
I've only watch half of Geass so maybe the back half is different but most of Lelouch's success come more from keikaku shit than his power
>>
>>78816972

Keeping the blonde alive only for her to kill herself was a giant waste of time.
>>
File: 1451943980310.jpg (26 KB, 363x507) Image search: [Google]
1451943980310.jpg
26 KB, 363x507
>>78816343
>That's why you like men.

But men are good for me.

You're the savages wasting your precious manliness on women.
>>
>>78817122
>>78817070
So did you not read my post, then?
>>
>>78815099
Jesse Custer in Preacher has Kilgrave's power and there is a TV adaptation of that coming out. Granted Ennis forgets he gave JC powers for most of the series and the fights turn into punch/shoot outs
>>
I was bored through large tracts of it and every now and then there was something somewhat interesting that kept me from giving up on the whole thing
>>
File: 1.jpg (150 KB, 931x524) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
150 KB, 931x524
>>78812790
Were they supposed to be fucking?
I got that impression from their first appearance but then they became recurring characters instead of a one off gag so maybe I misinterpreted.
>>
>>78817139
Yes, I read your stupid post. Jessica is a fuck-up, great. But peoples - lot's of people - die throughout the series as a direct result of her petulance, stubbornness, and selfishness.

That goes beyond being a woman-child fuck-up into borderline villain territory. Nuke was absolutely right for wanting to put her down.
>>
>>78817211
I assumed they were. I don't know how else their introduction can be read.
>>
>>78817231
Jessica is very much like Kilgrave in that she's a slave to her impulses (and to hell with the consequences for anyone else).
>>
>>78817231
And she's supposed to be that way. Everyone arpund her suffers because of her bad decisions.

It's not like the show is like "You're such a hero, Jessica!". Literally everyone other than Patsy, including Jess herself, calls her terrible.
>>
>>78817292

>Gets dozens of people killed.

*handwave*

She's a fuck-up, our Jess.
>>
>>78817211
At first I thought that was a diaper and they were into some weird shit.
>>
>>78817336
What handwave? Wjat do you think I meant by "fuckup"?

She gets a ton of people killed. This is not a writing accident.
>>
It was legitimately bad. Pretty much a failure in every way.
People who say it's good never seen an actually good crime thriller in their entire lives or simply have no taste.
>>
>>78817389
I believe what he meant is that all the stupid decisions Jessica makes are just handwaved away as being the product of her general fucked-upness rather than writer incompetence. And he's right, it's hard to ever say that the writing is retarded when you can just claim "Oh, the reason Jessica makes retarded decisions is because of her pain and suffering!"
>>
>>78817412
Do Americans legitimately think something is sophisticated and adult because it mentions rape and alcoholism and there are some bad words?
>>
>>78817070
Except that Blondie literally killed herself because she thought keeping him alive for her sake while putting others at risk was bullshit.

Like did you actually watch the show or skim it to find shit to complain about?
>>
>>78812790
Praised for having being about a vagina but quickly ignored like the fate of all things female in pop culture.

At least until season 2 details get drip fed.
>>
It's a good show. Better than any network TV capeshit shows. I give it extra points that it triggers basement dwellers and MRAs.
>>
It was shit
>>
>>78815099

It's a pretty shitty goodguy power. It's a moral grey area just using it. And it's kinda lame just telling the bad guys to Cut it Out and they give up.

People did mention Geass and Preacher. And there's also Xavier, though he's more a supporting member of the xman cast.
>>
>>78816875

Seemed like we were setting up a future villain. It's fine if that's the case.
>>
>>78815099
>Has anyone ever actually made a tv series about someone with a kilgrave powerset?

No, but there's a series of movies about dudes called "Jedi" who use "Jedi mind tricks" like Kilgrave does.

Amazingly, these movies try to portray these Jedi as the good guys despite their immoral actions.
>>
>>78815958
Glad they put those trigger warnings on those shows for you now.

Show was ok to watch but the main problem was it quickly repeated itself with how to lose killgrave. They could have cut that shit down by 2-4 episodes and instead focused on Jessica's PI job.
>>
>>78824899
Found the sithfag.
>>
File: whos triggering who.png (4 KB, 201x199) Image search: [Google]
whos triggering who.png
4 KB, 201x199
>>78815958
>I'm offended!

Are you like a reverse SJW or something?
>>
File: 1237685640771.jpg (185 KB, 486x576) Image search: [Google]
1237685640771.jpg
185 KB, 486x576
>Rei is a Mary-Sue and everyone hates her for being too perfect
>Jessica Jones is deeply flawed and makes mistakes
>everyone complains that she's not perfect
>>
>>78825102
>reverse SJW
It's called /pol/.
>>
>>78825091
It's tough being part of the SithIDF, since there's only two of us.
>>
Whose bright idea was it to front load the season with onscreen sex then completely abandoned it by the later half? It felt like I was watching 2 different shows.
>>
>>78825111
>no matter what, people will complain
Who knew
>>
>>78812790
Is it just me or did anyone else think this picture looked like Battle Angel Alita?
>>
>>78813210
>after the expectation-shattering Daredevil...
Daredevil was crap, though. It was a movie's worth of material, padded out with filler into a season of television.

...and that movie material was only about as good as the Ben Affleck Daredevil movie. Worse in some ways. This Daredevil runs around in a blindfold that doesn't even come down to the tip of his nose, and openly goes after the same guys as the only blind costume freak in the area and as the only blind lawyer in the area, who both show up on the scene at the same time, and have the same build, skintone, jawline, nose, and amount of stubble.
>>
I felt her character was too unlikeably. She acts like a cunt to everyone, yet lawyer-lady was willing to accept her bullshit.
And what's with not telling her powers despite being asked multiple times?
>I can't fly, it's more like controlled falling
>I can't fly, it's more like jumping really high
And all those lives she killed by not ending bestboy sooner...
>>
>>78816343
Yeah, talk rough to me.
>>
>>78826521
wouldn't you accept her bullshit too if you knew she had fucking superpowers
>>
I'm still geting through it, around chapter 5, I closed the video window thinking watching it was a bit of a chore.
>>
File: 1263126543.jpg (115 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
1263126543.jpg
115 KB, 600x800
>>78825102
Well, yes.
>>
>>78812790
I think it's going to struggle in S2 without Tennant to carry the show on his back.

Marvel just fucking love killing off all their great villains.

Oh and why was she immune to Purple Man? They kinda handwave it being because she was "made to do something she didn't want to" but everyone who he controlled was made to do stuff they didn't want to and never managed to break free. Kinda lame having a villain with just one power and at no point in the show does it ever manage to work on the hero. The only reason he managed to do anything is because she wanted him alive.

Really hard to get invested in a series when the villain is powerless against the hero and is only allowed to do vaillain things because the hero doesn't want to kill them. Especially when it shows she can just capture him whenever the fuck she wants. He posed no threat what so ever.
>>
The whole plot could have been wrapped up in half the episodes we got, but they kept pussyfooting around and dragging it out. By episode, I dunno, eight or nine, the one where Jones was in the house with Evil Ten, I was just like "kill the fucker already, just fucking kill him, fuck the teenager."
>>
It felt too long by about 3 or 4 episodes. It should have focused entirely on Purple Man because you don't really need to world-build for this story like you needed to with Daredevil. Also there wasn't really any urgency with Purple Man as a threat. He was just kind of lounging around the whole time. The trailer made it look like he was on a fucking warpath trying to get to Jessica.

Also they took away a lot of the psychological nature of the story. It would be a lot more interesting if they went with the original version where Purple Man never touched her but wanted her to want him. They briefly touch on it with her black friend but then quickly brush over it. Rape is just so definitive and boring to a man who can fucking control your mind.

It's not a story that has a strong foundation or premise that anyone can just work off of and adapt. Small things make it work and the series just didn't have that.
>>
>>78826601
I thought it was because she was with him the longest and her immune system simply adapted to the virus
>>
By the end of the series I fucking hated pretty much every single person in the cast. It doesn't make me want to know what happens next, it just makes me want to wash my hands of this little part of the MCU and never deal with it again until I have to when Iron Fist or Defenders rolls around and the cast makes cameos.
>>
>>78826601
It was pretty clearly stated that her extended exposure and trauma made her immune. We see that she is immune in the second or third episode when she has flashbacks about the bus crash.
>>
>>78826540
but lawyerlady didn't. The incest-girl didn't.
Red Powerranger gave her shit after he learnt.
>>
>>78812790
Lots of people liked it.

It was literally everything wrong with adaptations so that was to be expected.
>>
>>78817122

>a giant waste of time

Really describes the whole series when you think about it.
>>
>>78826737
Well, not for a while, at least. Lawyerlady accepter Jessica's bullshit before she knew.
>>
It was alright, but I was expecting something more because all the reviews were praising it as the best thing in the MCU, better than Daredevil etc.

I found Daredevil much better. Better main character, more interesting villain, better fight scenes, better supporting cast. Trish and Luke Cage were pretty good, but I didn't like them as much as Wesley, Vanessa, Claire, even Karen and Foggy. I think my main grip with it was that I couldn't get attached/care about any of the characters.
>>
I quite liked the show, but it would have been so much better as a straight P.I. show with Kilgrave only making an appearance in the last 2-3 episodes. (I get it, they wanted to use Tennant more, and he was great, but his best seen was still the one were he just takes over the house and shuts the kid in the closet and shit.)
>>
>>78812790
She fucks a black dude in the first episode

When do I get to see a black superbabe fugg a white guy?
>>
>>78826938
LITTLE
>>
>>78826938
In Iron Fist.
>>
File: mistyknight22.png (411 KB, 500x536) Image search: [Google]
mistyknight22.png
411 KB, 500x536
>>78826938
Iron Fist.
>>
File: 5Tz5bRm.jpg (50 KB, 383x750) Image search: [Google]
5Tz5bRm.jpg
50 KB, 383x750
>>78826938
>black superbabe fugg a white guy
>>
>>78813758
What a fucking dumbass.
>>
>>78826896
foggy was the only member of DD's supporting cast I actually liked. everyone else just seemed like pushovers that only existed to make Matt's life easier
>>
>>78813938
The fight choreography in JJ was pretty poor I thought. Again though I'm comparing it to DR.
>>
>>78827427
*DD
>>
Tennant is one of the most overrated actors nowadays. He has no charisma whatsoever and can't act for shit.
>>
>>78813758
>you're on a board where the only objective indicators for quality are how many women or homos or black people are in it.

This is somehow different from judging media based on the amount of "representation" in it, because shut up, that's why.
>>
>>78817439
You just want to believe that. The thing is she is supposed to be a fuck up because they were going for a Noir detective story with super powers. In Noir the protags are more often than not damages individuals who make stupid decisions throughout.
>>
>>78821424
This.

Watching it though i kinda wish they had went for an R rated movie rather than a show so they could trim some of the fat. Maybe less of the siblings, and some of the other needless shit. Fincher would be the perfect director for something like this.
>>
File: white trash.jpg (51 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
white trash.jpg
51 KB, 800x450
>>78812790
i just really hated rubyn or whatever this piece-of-shit white trash bitch`s name was. I just want to see her getting mauled by the hulk ..
>>
>>78821424
>It's a good show.
If you have no standards.
>Better than any network TV capeshit shows.
Yeah, because that's a high bar.
>>
>>78827427
Wasn't supposed to be amazing since no one was a super spy and no one was fighting ninjas. It'd be like talking about the choreography of the fights in Drive.

That being said any scene where two people with powers fought one another ended up pretty good, I thought.
>>
>>78827032

weeaboos don't count
>>
>>78827745
Preach
>>
>>78812850

Straght dude here. I thought it was great.

Not as good as Daredevil, obviously, but it's good shit.
>>
>>78827818
>That being said any scene where two people with powers fought one another ended up pretty good, I thought.

Also liked that two super powered people fucked and destroyed the bed and fucked up walls and shit. Always sick of seeing a panel in with Shulk after she bangs Herc or Juggernaut and the bed is perfectly intact.
>>
>>78827582
better than the one who played JJ
>>
>>78826601

Did we see Kilgrave control Luke's wife? Because it seemed like she broke free when she got her blood on her.

Which could just be for effect or whatever. But I don't think so. Obviously something up with her if she had access to those files.
>>
>>78821424
>I give it extra points that it triggers basement dwellers and MRAs.
Triggers a few Tumblrinas too. So pretty much pisses off everyone i hate. Even if i thought the show was bad i would love it for that fact alone!
>>
>>78826909
>Jessica finds the place.
>Owners keep attacking her.
>Keep waiting for the kids to show up.
>They never do.
>They're still in the closet.
>Probably dead.
>>
>>78825102
>>78825125
SQW( Status Quo Warrior)

Watched the two sides argue, and realize just how they are basically the same fucking shit but lack the self awareness to realize that on their own.
>>
Its the only capeshit my sister has watched and she enjoyed it
>>
>>78812790
this was the year of black guys ending up in a coma
>>
>>78828825
and being a supporting character for the main white female lead.

At least when black dudes were just supporting the white male lead they did cool shit and weren't chumped out
>>
>>78827745

It's Robyn. Ruben was the creepy twin brother.

She got three hole punched by frat boys in an episode of SVU, if anyone's interested
>>
>>78827845
>I know jackshit about Iron Fist
>>
>>78827745
I'd rather maul her face with my hulk.
>>
>>78829056

>muh chop socky oriental white guy with dragon tattoos trained in supernatural China

He's a weeb in spirit, famicom
>>
>>78827594
That's the exact same thing.

Not just equivalent. Literally the same. Anon didn't say whether they meant using representation as a pro or a con.

>>78817439
A character making bad decisions is not bad writing, and a character making good decisions is not good writing.

>>78816875
It was there to show there are regular people who would act just like Kilgrave if they had that power.
>>
>>78829931
It doesn't count if you were raised there. He's a reverse-Banana, NOT Chinaboo:Extreme Home Edition.

Get it right, Anon.
>>
>>78812790
The down to earth direction of Netflix shows is a huge plus, but both series had some weak/filler episodes. I enjoyed both.
>>
>>78825111
I liked Rey for her personality but she was pretty OP. Two seconds of deep breathing and she can beat a trained force user? That's some bullshit. Also she speaks wookie and droid language and can fix anything? C'mon now.
>>
I don't know why they expect us to sympathize and forgive a character who has 'constantly fucks up' as one of her main character traits.
Thread replies: 134
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.