[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Worst female superhero or worst female superhero?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 6
File: Goddess_Phoenix_I.jpg (95 KB, 659x1000) Image search: [Google]
Goddess_Phoenix_I.jpg
95 KB, 659x1000
Is Jean Grey anyone's favourite X-men? Does anyone actually like Jean Grey? Growing up the girls I knew never mentioned her amongst their favourite female heroes. Alot of people say that the wors t X-man is either Cyclops or Wolverine. I have to disagree and say its Jean. All I remember her doing was cause love triangles, turn evil and get killed repetitively.
>>
She can turn people gay just look at Iceman

she should be permanently written off
>>
She used to be pretty cool, no one used her to great effect outside of dying/Phoenix/Goblin Queen. Can't fucking stand the O5 version of her in Extraordinary Xmen.
>>
Adult Jean is horrified of the possibility of abusing her powers.

O5 Jean mindrapes willy bully.
>>
Jean was pretty cool from Phoenix to Dark Phoenix Saga. Nobody knew what to do with her afterwards, sadly. Her character was completely ruined.
>>
>>78809930
>Is Jean Grey anyone's favourite X-men?
Scott's.
>>
>>78809930
I liked her in X-Factor and Morrison's X-Men.
>>
I don't think anyone's most hated x-man is Cyclops or Wolverine, that would be ridiculous; they have a ton of great stories. I think people just don't like them cause they can be considered overrated or overused.

Also Jean hasn't been in any popular stories as the OG Jean since Morrison's New X-Men and she was kind of a bitch there (although rightfully so) and not exactly a likable character as a person.

I think Jean is a good character, just not used well considering she always gets tied into Muh Phoenix shit
>>
>>78818281
Really. I think someone like maggot would be the most hated x-man.
>>
Jean boned by Scott: cool.
Jean not boned by Scott: turns people gay.
>>
File: Jean Gayification 1.jpg (1 MB, 1200x1845) Image search: [Google]
Jean Gayification 1.jpg
1 MB, 1200x1845
>>
File: Jean Gayification.jpg (2 MB, 1200x1845) Image search: [Google]
Jean Gayification.jpg
2 MB, 1200x1845
>>78820207
>>
>>78820118
Is Cipher X-Man or eternal student? I hate that useless fucker.
>>
File: Fucking Jean.jpg (253 KB, 1280x792) Image search: [Google]
Fucking Jean.jpg
253 KB, 1280x792
>>
>>78813512
> We have to bring her back because muh Silver Age
> Well what do we do with Cyclops and his wife and kid?
> Not our problem, Claremont's the one writing X-men we're just throwing a wrench in it

Fuck everyone involved in that retcon
>>
>>78820238
>useless

Only in fights, otherwise his power is incredibly useful. He's a universal language cipher. That's incredible
>>
>>78820539
Characterfaggotry at it's finest.
>>78820572
>Only in fights
That's what X-Men are about, senpai.
>>
Jean Grey would be my favorite villain these days if the writers would just admit that every single thing she does is a dick move already.
>>
>>78820626
Yeah, but they always try and pretend like the new generation will have a chance to group up and not be in tights. Sometimes they do, then other writers drag them back in.
>>
>>78820743
To be fair as anyone ever gone to the Xavier or Jean Grey academy and graduated to become a paralegal or dentist? Mutant schools are like if every major available was gender studies; it just prepares you to repeat the cycle, not do anything of value.
>>
>>78820743
And at end of day, as you say, they end up in fights. Xavier took powerful kids when he formed X-Men, dunno why are Angel and Beast there, second team had Vulcan and his team, third had Storm... Cipher can read. Bravo, very useful.
>>78820786
Wolverine's school was supposed to be like that, with NO FIGHTING, PLS! We're training to be people, not superheroes!
Then he put flamethrowers in toilets and shit.
>>
>>78820838
Yeah Wolverine was so full of shit.
>>
>>78820863
WatXM was shit, as well.
>look at Eye-Boy, he has eyes on tongue xDDD
>>
>>78820838
I want to see a story where whoever's in charge of the school that week goes to approach a mutant, teenager, and it's a like, the most powerful psychic or some obscenely broken combat ability, but the kid and his parents go "No fuck that he's going to medical school. He got a full scholarship and everything. You'll just get him killed." and the X-men have to go home with their tails between their legs.

Then like a year later there's a single page of the kid graduating and opening up his practice.
>>
>>78809930
Can't wait for that tripfag Phoenix Egg to pop into the thread to fag it up. Talking shit about his waifu triggers an autistic rage from him.

Anyway, these days I think Beast is the most hated mutant.
>>
>>78809930
She was my favourite X-Men. Back when she died the first time. Not necessarry "Best Superhero" but "best X-Men". I mean Phoenix showed that "the world" is reasonable when it fears Mutants, yet they desired to protect it with their lives and it showed despite all their powers their fallibility/humanness. Best of it all, it had consquences. What's not to love about that? I know: Marvel's removal of the consequences and placing constantly getting incarnations of "Jean Grey" in her place.
>>
>>78824245
>What's not to love about that?
Bringing her back after DPS. Same thing with Scott and Maddie.
>muh Jean
>muh Scott
>muh OTP
Morons.
>>
File: 1434150787149.jpg (898 KB, 957x1074) Image search: [Google]
1434150787149.jpg
898 KB, 957x1074
Every shitty girlfriend I had all loved Jean
All of them were buck shit insane I sware to Doom all of them we're fucked
>>
>>78820238
Did you read the last run of New Mutants? Sure it wasn't flashy, but Cipher kinda rocked there, even in fights.
>>
>>78824322
He got power up. Just like Eye-Boy and his I SEE MAGIC ALL OF SUDDEN!
>>
>>78813455

She hasn't had proper training with her goddamned mind-powers. It's not her fucking fault.
>>
>>78809930
Jean was only ever a stand in female in distress character. Phoenix Saga did something interesting with her but she was still the female in distress, just one of the team that needed saving by all the others. It was a good story, but even though she was ultra powerful, she was still the damsel in distress.

Jean sucks
>>
>>78827734
It is.
>>
File: rightclopse.jpg (107 KB, 524x593) Image search: [Google]
rightclopse.jpg
107 KB, 524x593
>>78820863
the whole story arc seemed to be just to show that Scott was right
>>
>>78821112
nah, it's Xavier now. The shit they retconned into him completely ruined him. How many times have they retconned an Xavier mind wipe now? And every time it was to make him more of a douche
>>
>>78813455
This. She just went through Bobby's mind uninvited. She might as well have broken into his apartment.

>>78820786
No, they're basically all child soldiers.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.