[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the consensus on Brian/Manapul's run on the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (125 KB, 615x420) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
125 KB, 615x420
What's the consensus on Brian/Manapul's run on the Flash? The book is crap now, but I personally really enjoyed what they did before the writer/artist changed. Was just curious to how you anons felt about it
>>
>>78808709
Not too big a fan of the New 52 run, but love his work on Johns' run right before Flashpoint.
>>
I liked ManaBooch's run a lot, it reads very nicely in one go
>>
>>78808709
Great art, ok story, slow pacing.
>>
Art was better than story. Generally how Brian/Manapul books are.
>>
>>78808709
I thought that, while still better than what we have now, the writing was not especially great. The tone was on the mark, and the art was great.
Manapul was waster drawing Batman in 'Tec, he's just too prone to colorful and bright stuff.
I don't know if he and Buccelato are still there or if they're in another book.
>>
Beautiful art. Boring writing.
>>
What's funny is we'll probably never see Turbine or Mob Rule ever again
>>
>>78809437
>Mob Rule

Such a dumb villain.
>>
>>78809785
I actually thought he was a good antagonist to the Flash, as an idea at least if not the actual character, because he's someone who can be in a lot of different places at once. Unless you ramp up the Flash's powers at bullshit levels you can write something cool with that.
Granted, you can do something similar with an organization or group of villains, especially the rogues since they are charismatic and distinctive, but maybe Mob Rule's edge would be that they operate as one since they are one.
>>
>>78809785
Good concept, but mediocre execution.
He should have returned during Forever Evil
>>
>>78809437
I won't miss them.
>>
Art is better than the writing by far but it's still decent. About on par with the later Waid run starring Wally and his kids.
>>
>>78809035

Pretty much this. It wasn't even moderately close to as insufferable as the current run as far as the writing goes, but it wasn't anything special on that end. Absolutely gorgeous book though.
>>
People don't like the current run?
>>
>>78811006
they do not
>>
>>78811006
it's widely disliked
>>
I liked mob rule. I don't understand why the manuel guy was borderline homo for barry though despite only being college buddies
>>
>>78808709
They should've done so much better. They did a terrible job with The Rogues, Reverse Flash wasn't as good as the other two Zooms and the first arc was weak. Gorilla Warfare was cool though, they did a good job there.

Also, Turbine sucks, Nobody tops The Top.

Art was gorgeous of course.
>>
>>78811006
Here's the rundown: they bring back Professor Zoom and cater to the CW crowd, reveal why Barry's mom died, poorly introduce Wally, and topped off by shit art that makes everything look metallic/spiked hair.
>>
>>78808876
Their run on Detective was better, sham they left.

>>78810171
It was better than Waid's last stint on Flash. By a lot.
>>
>>78811106
They're still thieves with a code, and Daniel may not be a mastermind RF, but I like him regardless.
>>
>>78811114
their characterization of Barry is weird and not that great, too
>>
>>78811197
Oh god I forgot about how stupid future Barry was. It also ruined his relationship with Patty for the sake of drama
>>
>>78811114

How badly did they fuck up Professor Zoom? I was interested when I heard they brought him back but everyone tells me it was terrible...
>>
>>78811152
That's like saying Tony Daniel's Batman is fine because he doesn't use guns.
>>
>>78811406
I get why others wouldn't be sold on Daniel, but personally I like having a third RF and one who could be redeemed but probably never will.
>>78811374
The only ok thing about him is the costume revamp. To be honest I've already forgotten his motivations for that arc
>>
>>78809035
>>78808876
the art redeemed it's writing. if you believe in "good art can redeem mediocre/bad writing" then the ManaBooch run is the epitome of that.
>>
>>78811374
Really badly
He has Zoom powers, has a shitty reason to hate the Flash, has a bunch of shitty sidekicks and in the end is defeated by a big ass ex-machina
No, really, they pull the reason why Barry can do a thing that took a bunch of people helping Wally do out of their ass
>>
>>78811685
The way they leave off with Danny West could have led to a really good return arc.
But that potential was wasted.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.