[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Somebody uses "filler" as "episode that isn't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 8
File: grinds-my-gears.jpg (14 KB, 320x248) Image search: [Google]
grinds-my-gears.jpg
14 KB, 320x248
>Somebody uses "filler" as "episode that isn't about muh plot"
>>
Fuck off /sug/fag
>>
>>78807729
I know that feel. It's like people forgot what the term actually means, and even then, I think wee/a/boos bitch entirely too much about it. Most filler arcs I've seen in anime were either as good or, in the case of shows based on weaker manga, better than the rest of the show. They're usually full of unusual ideas and characters you don't get from most of the series, because you can tell the writers are chafing from literally adapting the manga and want the freedom to write original stories in that setting.
>>
>>78807815
But OP just described a /sug/fag.

Anyway, OP is a fag.
>>
>>78807904
You ever watch Haruhi Suzamiya s2?

Endless 8 was the worst example of filler bullshit I've ever seen. There are plenty of examples of bad filler.
>>
>>78807729
>Whenever they make original Teen Titans animation for the purposes of a joke in Teen Titans Go!

So, what you're telling us is that you CAN give us the show we want, you just REFUSE to give us the show we want... Well, fuck you too, DC.
>>
File: well goof.jpg (21 KB, 500x312) Image search: [Google]
well goof.jpg
21 KB, 500x312
>>78807729
if a ''plot'' show has an episode without any world building character developpement or lore that somehow impact the continuity, its indeed a filler used to let more time for its source material to expend like one piece/naruto /dbz or to strech out a season like avatar/SU/GF
>>
>>78807729
UGH that pisses me all the off
>>
>whenever they call out the people who don't like TTGO like insecure fags
you can be funny without being salty, writers
>>
>>78807729
That's what filler is, dumbass.
>>
>>78807982
>Whenever they make original Teen Titans animation for the purposes of a joke in Teen Titans Go!

When did they do this?
>>
>>78808698
No it doesn't, retard
>>
I guess while we're on the subject

>People use the term "lore" to describe backstory or plot
>A cartoon's ongoing plot is good because it exists
>A lot of characters automatically makes a story complex and therefore good
>>
>>78808698
No filler is content made up by the animation studio to fill time while more content is being serialized in the manga magazines.
>>
>complaining about fillers in an episodic series
>>
File: 1451174981096.jpg (28 KB, 622x424) Image search: [Google]
1451174981096.jpg
28 KB, 622x424
>Cartoon is mainly slice of life.
>Suddenly, a huge major episode happens that everyone loves and praises.
>From that point on, if an episode doesn't meet up with that major episode's standards, it's automatically shit.
>>
>>78808822
>>78808913
How big of a weeb do you have to be to think that filler is an anime only term
>>
>>78808849
you seem to just be angry that people are enjoying and theorizing about a story.
>>
File: adventure time.gif (789 KB, 144x192) Image search: [Google]
adventure time.gif
789 KB, 144x192
>>78808958
>complaining about fillers in an episodic series
r.i.p
>>
>>78811168
In the context of how most people here use it, it is still incorrect.
>>
>>78807729
if the show would literally not change without the episode, then yes, it's filler.
>>
>episode actually adds to our knowledge of the story/characters/world or moves the plot forward
>is bitched about by autists for not referencing some trivial detail or event from the previous episode that was almost definitely intended as a one-off joke, with complaints about "no continuity"
>>
> "Shipping" in a Cartoon for 12 year olds.
>>
File: 1450756336547.png (44 KB, 230x295) Image search: [Google]
1450756336547.png
44 KB, 230x295
>>78807729
>people giving a shit if something is filler or not.
>>
>>78812476
Not really. Plot points can indeed be added to fill up space.
>>
>>78812834
by 12, kids should be already experiencing that stuff...so that works.
>>
File: 1449041792728.png (51 KB, 241x255) Image search: [Google]
1449041792728.png
51 KB, 241x255
>>78807970
>Endless Eight
>filler
>>
>>78808436
The take the piss out of themselves constantly.
>>
The term "filler" doesn't bother me, but I never understood why people always use it with negative connotations.
>>
File: cFJZ6sO.png (133 KB, 400x307) Image search: [Google]
cFJZ6sO.png
133 KB, 400x307
>>78807729
>Somebody uses "muh" to describe an episode with fucking plot
>>
>>78816258
>muh muh
>>
>>78807970
It wasn't filler, it was a bad conceptual plot.
>>
>Wakfu season 2 dicks around randomly.
>Final few episodes that tie up that season's arc are utterly great

Besides giving us the sexy lounge singer Sadida, what did we get out of Wakfu's filler?
>>
>>78807729
...isn't that the definition?
>>
>>78818403
>muh-muh muh-muh muh muhmuh MUH muh-muh
>>
>>78810231
Adventure Time?
>>
>>78808786
The episode that shows all the Titans dreams; Robin has Trouble in Tokyo but the lines are changed to the other Titans talking about how amazing he is

The episode with Control Freak, he threatens that'll he reboot the TTG Titans like the last ones. They show some clips of the original series while the TTG titans binge watch it and they become enraged the Control Freak cancelled it and admits that it was a mistake.
>>
>>78822091
Hey Lady Gaga
>>
>>78822119
That's not making new animation that's literally just redubbing shit. Every two-bit abridger on the internet can do that.
>>
>>78822164
I was just going off what the original anon was implying.
>>
>>78816258
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=drI8C194-mw
>>
>>78822093
How is Adventure Time a slice of life show, you retard?
>>
File: thefuckdidyousay.jpg (32 KB, 313x240) Image search: [Google]
thefuckdidyousay.jpg
32 KB, 313x240
>That guy who gets pissy that a show that's primarily episodic and extremely loose with continuity contradicts previous canon
>>78822431
People are just so desperate to get labels on things they ignore the fact they fit poorly.
>>
>>78822078
No. Filler is the injection of material not part of the source material in adaptations.
Therefore a series that does not adapt a published medium into animation does not have it.
At most such series pad out runtime after their overarching concept stands.
Which is naturally hard to prove as such things can and will be tied into the main plot, so they are not as isolated as real filler material.
>>
This comment is filler
>>
>>78807729
I don't really understand the anger behind it, as even if their use is technically wrong, it holds the same basic meaning.

In true filler, the episode is made to pad out the length of the series so that more or the source material could be made, normally with little to no relevance to the original overarching plot. Most people use it now as a term to mean an episode that pads out the length of a series, normally with little to no relevance to the original overarching plot.

The only difference is why the filler is made: one is to allow for more source material, and the other is to allow the writers of the show either tie to write more story, or to make sure the already written story fills out an entire season.
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.