[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why did Bendis become a meme but not Slott? What makes them different?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3
File: memes.jpg (161 KB, 1119x460) Image search: [Google]
memes.jpg
161 KB, 1119x460
Why did Bendis become a meme but not Slott? What makes them different? What makes a writer meme-worthy?
>>
>>78802551
Because the only people that give a fuck about Slott are Peterfags, and Peterfags are perpetual whiners.

Bendis exists beyond his pet characters, and even beyond his Marvel work. Like it or not, his work at Marvel in the past 16 years has set the stage for their market domination now. He created a character which just got a Netflix show that was well-recieved, one of his IPs has been launched as an exclusive for PSN which he is writing for. He's a multiple Eisner nominated and winning writer and is notably really kind to fans and notoriously held in high regard by his artists. All of that is juxtaposed with the fact that his writing in the past 6 or 7 years has ranged between hot garbage and 'could be better'.
>>
>>78802551
Bendis?
>>
>>78802938
The writer?
>>
>>78802551
>Why did Bendis become a meme
Bendis speak

Slott, unlike Bendis, actually has a grasp on the concept of writing comprehension but that fact gets overshadowed because he's a shock value writer and an asshole on Twitter.
>>
>>78802938

Yeah Bendis.

>>78802915

It's also because he has a very distinct writing style. Even he isn't above lampooning it.
>>
>>78802967
The writer Bendis?
>>
>>78802938
Fat dude? Throws a mean street level script? Has a thing for big black dudes?
>>
>>78802551
>>78802915
Cringe-worthy thread bro.
>>
>>78803000
That bald guy Bendis?
>>
>>78802551
Bendis has more influence and is perceived by people to still retain some of the talent he once had and is praised for doing shitty work.

People know Slott is shit, also Slott doesn't write Marvel events.
>>
>>78802915
>meme response
>>
>>78803827
If it was a meme response then why did you respond to it?
>>
because we all want bendis to be our dad
>>
>>78803882
Someone needed to point out the obvious
>>
>>78804112
True, don't forget to go through all the 'le bendis speak' posts and tag them as memes too.
>>
Bendis brought his cancer to the Avengers, X-Men, and the Guardians of the Galaxy while Slott stays in his Spider-Man corner. Bendis wouldn't be a meme if he had just stayed on Daredevil and Ultimate Spider-Man forever.
>>
>>78802970
I'm shaky on the concept, what is Bendis speak?
>>
>>78804769
You don't know what Bendis Speak is?
>>
>>78804966
I'm here mostly for the cartoon aspect of the board but I check out comic threads to see what the scene is like nowadays. I see Bendis pages with a shitton of speech, I assume Bendis speak is that no one shuts up ever but I want clarification.
>>
>>78804769
ME: Man, I hate that Bendis dialogue thing.
YOU: Bendis dialogue thing?
ME: Yes.
YOU: He has a thing?
ME: He does.
YOU: A dialogue thing?
ME: Yes. A dialogue thing.
YOU: I can't say I've noticed.
ME: You wouldn't.
>>
File: Bendis dialogue.jpg (2 MB, 1200x1845) Image search: [Google]
Bendis dialogue.jpg
2 MB, 1200x1845
>>78804769
>>
>>78805138
It goes like this

STEP 1: PERSON "A" MAKES A STATEMENT.
STEP 2: PERSON "B" REPEATS STATEMENT AS A QUESTION.
STEP 3: PERSON "A" GIVES BRIEF AFFIRMATION, WHILE OFFERING NO EXPLANATION.
STEP 4: PERSON "B" REPEATS QUESTION IN A SLIGHTLY DIFFERENT WAY, IN A FEEBLE EFFORT TO PUMP PERSON "A" FOR MORE INFORMATION.
STEP 5: PERSON "A" GIVES ANOTHER CURT AFFIRMATION, WHILE STILL OFFERING UP NO EXPLANATION FOR THE STATEMENT.
STEP 6: REPEAT STEP 4.
STEP 7: REPEAT STEP 5.
STEP 8: PERSON "B" DISMISSES PERSON "A" IN SOME WAY
STEP 9: PERSON "A" PLAYFULLY INSULTS PERSON "B" OR MAKES A JOKE AT THEIR EXPENSE.
STEP 10: BOTH CHARACTERS REVEL IN HOW WITTY AND CUTE THEY ARE BEING BY TALKING IN THIS ANNOYING WAY.
>>
>>78802551
Because other than writing uninteresting stuff, Slott is okay.

But if Bendis writes someone, you can pretty much expect all continuity for the character completely disregarded, a dialogue so decompressed that it takes entire pages to get a simple point across, and sometimes the characters just talk for an entire issue.
>>
File: Bendis' biggest fan.jpg (6 KB, 269x187) Image search: [Google]
Bendis' biggest fan.jpg
6 KB, 269x187
Bendis?
>>
>>78804769
a retard's attempt at Mamet speak
>>
Anybody got that "Dan Slott is a rapist" screencap, back from when the Aussies fucked the site?
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.