[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Chaotic
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 99
Thread images: 16
I never really see this show discussed anywhere

What is /co/'s option on it?
>>
>>78800486
All I remember is that the animation got better in the 2nd season.
>>
>>78800486
the first series was alright, and it was ttraditionally animated by I believe the same studio to animate the Gormiti cartoon (if you don't know what gormiti is, they were these tiny capsule machine plastic monster toys)

the show had a huuuuge drop in quality after they changed the animation from traditional to flash, very much the same as the gormiti show actually, that turned its traditional animation into 3d rendered crap
>>
>>78800486

Season 2 was last season of SRMTHG tier awesome, but it was a sleeper hit so people paid it no mind. One of the last few great Saturday morning shows before the collapse.
>>
>>78800486
It had an attractive and athletic girl sharing a genuine interest in a nerd hobby, and hanging out with a bunch of nerds.

That was by far the most unrealistic aspect of the show
>>
I liked it and was actually looking forward to seeing new eps
>>
File: LordVanBloot1.jpg (40 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
LordVanBloot1.jpg
40 KB, 640x480
Once they changed the art style, it got a lot better

This looked so much better than
>>
File: Van_Bloot.jpg (33 KB, 485x338) Image search: [Google]
Van_Bloot.jpg
33 KB, 485x338
>>78800962
This
>>
>>78800962
>>78800988
I see, sorry, I think I must have watched the series out of order then, I assumed the first series had the better animation
>>
Post the Transforming into a monster girl pasta, I know one of you fucks saved it.
>>
I remember the commercials for this show used to advertise that it was from the same people that brought us Pokemon and Yu-Gi-Oh. That was a clever way for 4Kids to word it.

Otherwise the only other thing I remember was wondering if the world these kids were supposed to be in was some enormous MMO or if it was supposed to be kept a secret like the Digital World in Digimon.
>>
>>78800486

I loved the fact they actually transformed into their monsters especiaslly when it turned into a cross-gender transformation
>>
>>78801240
I recall in one of the episodes one of the MC ranted about what happened in that world and everyone just wrote him off as crazy and too into the game and having trouble discerning between game and real life
>>
>>78800600
Nah dude, Season 1 was flash, season 2 was traditional
>>
Anyone else here prefer the art style of season 1? The animation may not have been great but it's visual aesthetic made it more unique considering the subject.
>>
>>78800486
I totally would the guy on the far right.
>>
>>78802180
yeah I changed my thingy here
>>78801079
>>
>>78801228
Please do, I must have missed it
>>
>>78800486

Takinom a best.
>>
I liked it. It was a good mix of the fantasy of being friends with monsters and the fantasy of becoming a monster.
>>
>>78800486
I only saw the second season since that's the only part of it Cartoon Network aired. Despite that, though, I managed to enjoy the characters and the world the show took place in.
>>
>>78800486
I remember having already played WoW at that point so the whole show was cringy as fuck
>>
>>78801297
>That one monster that was two guys fused together
>Protagonist tries using it and it fries his brain being in two places at once
>>
>>78802275
Yes, I have a fond memory of seeing Takinom look like a cardboard cut-out once, when she changed direction in mid-air.
>>
It killed TMNT, thats my opinion of it.
>>
>>78800486
I liked it but 4kids' stock music really killed it like it killed most of their shows.
>>
>>78806950
Now, now, Boco
>>
>>78807253
I actually somewhat liked the Chaotic OST
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWSkukj_66M
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iPJSMgXn0lc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_NjIID-jj8

They could have been worse
>>
>>78807677

Its true, ya know.
>>
>>78800640
What the fuck are you talking about?
Tons of girls are into tabletop shit
>>
>>78800486
Wow I forgot how horrible that artstyle was but it had a pretty cool premise I'm surprised that japan haven't copied that shit too but with monstergirls
>>
>>78806950
>>78807812
The fuck are you on about now, Boco?
>>
>>78807812
TMNT is fucking garbage. Tryhard edgy reboot of a fucking joke. Fuck Turtles and fuck any autistic weirdos actually into that garbage.
>>
File: 1402629315560.jpg (147 KB, 668x691) Image search: [Google]
1402629315560.jpg
147 KB, 668x691
>>78808362
>>
>>78808249
r/ing the /tg/ infographic about how women and normies slowly infiltrate nerd hobbies for purposes other than playing the game and force the original crowd out.
>>
File: 1410210369181.jpg (380 KB, 4040x626) Image search: [Google]
1410210369181.jpg
380 KB, 4040x626
>>78808570
>>78808249
>>
>>78800486
It was pretty good. I lost interest when the squid monster thingamahjigs showed up. I wish it took more of a tournamenty "I'm gonna be the best of the best" direction with all the Code Masters and what not rather than the path they took with focusing on the world and actual events that were occurring in it. The world was largely stagnant but then you had these four characters randomly becoming super important to the politics of the setting and becoming besties with the monsters.
>>
>>78808319
What the fuck even was the premise? I watched a few episodes and nothing that happened in it made any sense or was related to anything else onscreen, and the characters didn't explain shit.
>>
>>78808617
Is this infographic bait?
>>
>>78808817
it's the truth. if you think it's bait then either you've never played a /tg/, or you're one of the brown/female/alphas as pictured in the chart
>>
>>78808817
Yes
>>
Probably the closest thing to a World Of Warcraft cartoon we'll ever get
>>
File: ;_;.png (68 KB, 423x479) Image search: [Google]
;_;.png
68 KB, 423x479
will chaotic ever return? or will it fade away into cartoon/card game history never to be heard of again
>>
>>78808877
I love how you think women are their own species
>>
>>78810015
They are
>>
>>78810015
I love how you're putting words into my mouth
>>
Season 2 had great monster designs.
>>
>>78800486
It's obviously been a while since I've seen it but I remember it being better than a card game advertiment should be.
>>
I really liked it
>>
>>78808718
Okay. So you have Earth, Perim and Chaotic. Perim is the fantasy world filled with warring tribes. The creatures who inhabit the world are not mindless beasts. They are intelligent and form different cultures. The four main tribes are the Overworlders, Underworlders, Mipediens and Danians. It's worth noting that refreshingly no tribe is really considered good or evil and the politics between tribes can be very interesting.

On earth a card game called Chaotic exists which is based of of the creatures and lore of perim. Each player has a scanner that holds your digital collection of cards. If you get good enough one day you might get a mysterious message in it telling you that you're invited to chaotic with an enclosed code you can input into your scanner.

Putting the code in transports you to Chaotic. Which is a place where the best players play the game in a different way in the battle dromes. And where you can transport yourself to different locations in perim. But you don't actually ever leave earth. Whenever you go to chaotic you actually stay on earth while you consciousness is copied digitally and THAT is sent to chaotic. When it returns your real body gets any memories it collected.

In Chaotic battles are not decided with cards, but in dromes that act like holodecks. Where players actually transform into the creatures they choose to use and battle in virtual locations that actually exist or have existed in perim.

They can use cards they collected on earth, but they can also use location cards to actually port to the real Perim and scan creatures, gear, locations and spells that they can then use in the dromes.

You can have some wild adventures in perim. Getting to know the creatures you can play as. Making alliances with them. Though some hate chaotic players.

The goal here is to win enough in the dromes to face the codemasters, the elite players. There's one in charge of each drome. When you beat them you get rare scans they only have.
>>
>>78812978
While they're not the saints of the universe the overworlders are overwhelmingly good compared to the other tribes.
>>
File: 1452136750739.png (94 KB, 523x317) Image search: [Google]
1452136750739.png
94 KB, 523x317
>>78808617
>>78808570
>life as viewed by someone who has no friends...
>>
>>78813083
Maw they're elitest mightier-than-thou pricks. Mipediens are where it's at.

Another neat thing about the show was that each protagonist prefered a different tribe and had friends from their preferred tribe. It let us see the different points of view.
>>
>>78813580
Yea the mipedians, at least most of them, always seemed like major bros. The overworlders were only friendly when they needed help
>>
File: chaotic_creature_scan.jpg (331 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
chaotic_creature_scan.jpg
331 KB, 1280x720
>>78801297
Yeah you can definitely tell some players had certain...kinks
>>
>>78800486
This group reminds me of the children from Stephen King's It, and that means the fat one's got a giant cock and she's going to fuck all of them.
>>
>>78800486
saw only 2 eps of it. cardfight vanguard was better
>>
>>78813651
Yeah
RIP Tiaane
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVrKpiVFKzY
>>
File: chaotic.jpg (302 KB, 924x1220) Image search: [Google]
chaotic.jpg
302 KB, 924x1220
One of my favorite cartoon openings.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_RNpQuEgf4
>>
Surprisingly very solid for a 4kids original. Had a neat premise that did a lot with its lore and premise (the stuff they did with the dichotomy between Perim and the scans of it and whatnot was actually very interesting from what I saw). Also the concept of going from basic card game to actual holodeck battles with strategy and shit is great.

Only thing that bugs me is that nobody in their right mind would risk their lives to get scans to be better at a game that doesn't seem to have any financial reward or any ultimate goal. Still, good show.

>>78813721
Oh, and realistically there would be a bunch of ERPing going on. They'd probably need a separate Sexdrome for people having holographic lesbian catgirl sex.
>>
>>78814539
I mean technically you aren't risking your life. Since you're safe on earth while your digital copy exists in Chaotic. But if the digital you dies then you can't go back to Chaotic.

There was that whole arc about the guy on earth whose digital consciousness never returned from chaotic and he hired the protags to find out what happened to him.
>>
>>78814539
I'm pretty sure dying in the game doesn't effect their real body. IIRC they would only not be able to receive the memories since the last time they logged out, and just have assume something happened to them in-game if it's been long enough; similar to what happened to that rich kid..
>>
File: Deenha.jpg (47 KB, 369x461) Image search: [Google]
Deenha.jpg
47 KB, 369x461
>>78814539
I certainly would enjoy those dromes.
>>
>>78800486
found a channel on youtube with a lot of the episodes in HD
>>
>>78814780
forgot link
https://www.youtube.com/user/4KidsTV/videos
>>
>>78814700
I suppose that makes sense, but if the consciousness sent to Chaotic is exactly the same as you, and it is, then why wouldn't IT want to avoid dying?

Also, that arc was kind of awkward. Mostly because the guy who asked for their help was crippled since he lost contact, and when they meet his consciousness in Perim his legs work fine. They just gloss over that, not telling him he'll never use his legs again when he ports back. Also it set up some real political issues in regards to Tom hating Mipedians after it, and then immediately having his life saved by a Mipedian an episode or two later. I definitely reiterate that they did a good job not making out any individual tribe to be completely good or evil.
>>
>>78814539
Considering they're scanning what amounts to real people, I feel like they'd get offended at people scanning them in order to have sex as them with people who are also them.
>>
>>78814837
most of them don't give a shit. What they really don't like is that while you use their scan in a battledrome you can actually access their memories.

Creatures from perim will actually hire humans in espionage roles based on that attribute.
>>
>>78814898
>while you use their scan in a battledrome you can actually access their memories.
Jesus Christ that's terrifying.

Some dorkass kid who views this all as a game knowing all your most shameful secrets?
>>
File: nice.gif (930 KB, 270x270) Image search: [Google]
nice.gif
930 KB, 270x270
>>78814807
thanks senpai
>>
It was a cool show, defintely had some flaws, especially with the show just stopping in the third season. Wish they had delved more into the Marillian society though, could've been cool
>>
>>78800486
This show had the best boys vs. girls episode of any cartoon.

The guy won, but he used all female creatures while the girl always turned into male creatures.

So at the end people didn't know what the fuck to think.
https://youtu.be/RBkiMyf9gpw?t=1129
>>
>>78813236
Fuck you, I just want to play Magic with my friends without them getting distracted by some bitch who clearly has no interest in actually playing the game.
>>
>>78814928
Yeah. Letting a human scan you really showed how much you trusted them.

It was a big deal in the show when Najarin let Tom scan him.
>>
>>78801297
There were lots of times when guys used female monsters and the girls did the opposite. They never really addressed the transformation if I remember it correctly.

>>78814539
Someone said they were writing a story similar on Chaotic but with private servers for roleplay and such. That person was me.
>>
>>78815187
Well it looks like >>78815024 already wrote what I had to say.
>>
>>78808617
This can't be real
>>
If anyone's interested in trying the series out I've got a list of interesting episodes I've picked out from >>78814807

First the pilot. does a good job of establishing the rules of the world
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZn2F4zdk6I
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2BZQy_V9fQ

This one is a good showcase of the relations between humans and the inhabitants of Perim. Also about how much of a bro Chaor is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2KZBOhIwScc

A real classic. Highlights the ambiguity of the tribes.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEubHP_E8gE

A good look at some Danians and a giant Chaotic match
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STB1pDi_9do
>>
I actually liked the card game quite a bit. It was very different.

Shame they ran into legal trouble or something.
>>
>>78815617
The gimmick of every copy of a card's stats are different was a brilliant and inspired way to milk wallets.
>>
>>78800486
I was pretty hyped for this game but the constant delays and the fact that it never ran properly when it was up was disappointing
>>
>>78809949
It's gone, gone for good.

The Rules of the game were a little wonky, you HAD to have your cards in a Pyramid.
>>
>>78815711
The idea of scanning cards and the online game was great too. This game came out a few years too early with smart phones being what they are it would've been perfect coming out today
>>
>>78814460
Same.
I also loved how the Opening and Mugic all sounded like it came from an orchestra
>>
I totally want to bring this back. I want to buy a shitload of cards and just play all the time. When the show first came on I thought it was cool as shit! I wish it had gotten really popular and they kept making it, so I could play it right now.
>>
File: deoegy.jpg (41 KB, 640x634) Image search: [Google]
deoegy.jpg
41 KB, 640x634
>>78816752
seeing this thread caused me to look through my tin of cards for the first time in years....i used to play this shit all the time back in school with my friends, it replaced mtg and yugioh for a solid 2 years for us cause of how much more complicated and arguably more fun it was. it sucks seeing that the websites down and theres no news of it ever making a return other then some speculation on a forum from three years ago. maybe some richfag will buy the rights to it and try to knock hearthstone off its throne in the coming months/years, what >>78816034 said is so true, if the game was around when smartphones were a big thing it would have been much more successful.
>>
>>78816959
Chaotic could totally compete with hearthstone if it came out now. I doubt that anyone cares enough to remake it though.
>>
>>78817232
I care. I bought those cards for nothing and it was an interesting concept just everything wrong happened to it
>>
I remember loving the concept of this show for the simple fact that it wasn't just using the cards and pretending everybody had high tech hologram bullshit projectors. Yes, the sending your consciousness into digital space was a bit iffy, but it made more sense than fucking Yu-Gi-Oh.
>>
>>78808617
Why would any girl want the attention of tabletop gamers? I've been to those game stores to buy comics since that's the only place near me and the men there are the most unattractive, smelly weirdos I've ever seen. Utterly repulsive.
>>
>>78818533
How does teleporting yourself to a virtual playground and fantasy land and then spawning a clone where you were before make more sense than digital holograms?
>>
File: 9873.jpg (158 KB, 1600x600) Image search: [Google]
9873.jpg
158 KB, 1600x600
>>78800486
Is it just me or was this show eerily similar to what Accel World was?
>>
Just found my cards too, bought a shit ton. Looking back there are a lot of good ideas here, shame it never went anywhere
>>
There's still a group of people who keep up with this game. Apparently there was a backup website to play online but it got shut down because something about issues over who owns Chaotic. Playing a game with a finite amount of cards in circulation does sound interesting though

http://chaoticbackup.forumotion.com/
>>
>>78816959
>>78817232
Y'all faggots talking about Hearthstone as if it's a sin. Get the fuck out of here with your Digimon ripoff, the Chaotic franchise died for a reason.
>>
>>78819048
I can see the similarities but I wouldn't say they're eerily similar.
>>
>>78800486
Monster tits
That is all
>>
File: latest.jpg (93 KB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
latest.jpg
93 KB, 1680x1050
>>78819942
But who was best titty monster
>>
File: 1357343540441.jpg (44 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1357343540441.jpg
44 KB, 500x375
>>78819780
>app in development
Thread replies: 99
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.