[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Could a Black Widow movie work? What about a Netflix series?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 11
File: black widow.png (2 MB, 1351x901) Image search: [Google]
black widow.png
2 MB, 1351x901
Could a Black Widow movie work?

What about a Netflix series?
>>
>>78799561
No. Scarjo is near the end of her contract so it would cost too much
>>
>>78799597
They could get a different actress to play her and just say that the first one was a robot that became evil.
>>
A BW movie would have to have more fantastical/scifi elements to be notable enough to get a movie. If it sticks around the Captain America level of realism, without Cap, it would just be seen as a lesser Cap film.

Having BW be a baseline human fish out of water among superheroes, but putting her at the center of the narrative, is pretty tough. Arguably it was attempted in both Avengers films and failed.

The only way to pull off a baseline human hero like BW on a scale large enough to be movie-worthy and unique would be to basically make Metal Gear. Spy shit, martial arts, quirky miniboss squad of freaks and/or superweapons. At which point it might just be better to make a MG movie.
>>
File: image.jpg (51 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
51 KB, 1280x720
>ScarJo slumming it on Netflix.
>Solo movie for Boob Window.
>>
MCU uses BW as support. I couldn't imagine a solo BW movie but rather something like "Marvel Team-Up: Black Widow and the Incredible Hulk."
>>
>>78799561
she has no back story.

so, no
>>
A Black Widow movie that would up the antenna every act.
First it's regular spy shit which is a front for super villainy which has ties to an alien invasion or something like that
>>
>>78799625
No just kill her off and replace her with a younger actress to play Yelena.
>>
>>78799561
Does it have tits and ass? Then yes. If no, then no.
>>
spy movies have been done to death/ only stories that are worth while are betray.
>>
>>78799561
she's boring as fuck. i didnt even NOTICE her in the movies she was in. when people said she had been in multiple ones i didnt believe it
i'm so sick of girl characters being so boring. why cant they be awesome? is it feminists? is it antifeminists? action figure manufacturers?
>>
They could probably only use ScarJo for a film.

Elsewhere, they'd have to go with someone else, like >>78799751
>>
>>78799561
It would have to have more than two sequences of melee attacks and they're not that good with melee sequences. Fist goes fast. Fist hits something. Grapple, suddenly physics stops working and someone goes flying. That's the extent of it. They need to hire a Jet Lee choreographer or ask Jackie Chan to train her or something substantial. (Mostly for PR too which is why I say these things)

There needs a good female 'james bond' character. Without the whoring.
>>
They haven't done a very good job with Black Widow. They completely removed the aspect of cold blooded villainy from her personality. She doesn't inspire the fear that her name implies she should. There is no danger to her presence, and the mystery of her character was made fairly lame by Avengers 2.

The original fuck up was replacing Ant-Man and Wasp with Black Widow and Hawkeye. Wasp should have been their prominent female hero from the beginning.
>>
>>78800502
Ilsa Faust in the last Mission Impossible was a pretty solid woman James Bond honestly. One of the best characters they've added to the series
>>
>>78799561
Yes but she's older now and it would run the risk of being a very low gross, which means it would never get funding. Seriously, over 30 it's much harder to get anybody to agree to fund a movie with a female lead, unless it's something she's done before.

It's possible, but don't hold your breath.

Netflix can't afford her.
>>
>>78799561
could a Falcon movie work?
>>
I want more SHIELD stuff without the shitty AOS fags. More Hawkeye Widow teamups. More Fury and Hill.
>>
Black Widow/Winter Soldier team-up story where they take down AIM. Basically just swap around Characters in secret Avengers.
>>
File: tumblr_llasjqz45h1qhyhwto1_500.jpg (120 KB, 478x576) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_llasjqz45h1qhyhwto1_500.jpg
120 KB, 478x576
>>78800568
Really though, it's important that Wasp is one of the founding members. She's literally the team spirit of the Avengers. She gave them their name and brings out their flair and personality. She's the pizzazz of the whole operation, the one who actually loves being a superhero and the fashion of their costumes
>>
>>78800770
No, he's firmly a part of Captain Americas world
>>
>>78800770
Only if they end up making him Cap when Steve dies. Otherwise probably not.
>>
File: 1GKMiFy.gif (2 MB, 431x264) Image search: [Google]
1GKMiFy.gif
2 MB, 431x264
>>78799561

Rated R and the kick off film to launch the new 'Marvel knights' line of films, through New Line (which Disney owns). Complete with new 'Marvel Knights' fanfare.

Mid budget, 60-80 million.

Directors: Chad Stahelski, David Leitch (John Wick) or Doug Liman (The Bourne Identity).

Have the story be about her bringing down the 'Black Widow Program' once and for all. You would be able to tell most of her back story with such a plot, castration an all.
>>
But whose dick would she suck?
>>
File: Iron_Maiden_(by_George_Perez).jpg (39 KB, 348x700) Image search: [Google]
Iron_Maiden_(by_George_Perez).jpg
39 KB, 348x700
>>78801190
Keeping it a minimalist revenge story like John Wick would be the best idea. Just have her go off on her own, return home to walk though the memories of the horrors she faced, then face Iron Maiden as the physical manifestation of the dark aspect of her psyche, what she could have become as a woman
>>
If they give it the right tone, ofcourse it could, just set the story that the Red Room have begun tryin' to produce their own superhuman weapons, and have her have to infiltrate the people who made her who she is to save the world from a shadowy secret meta-arms race, throw in the fact that shes being hunted by Yelena throughout the movie as they spy vs spy each other and make sure the action is handled right - the cross between martial arts and gadgets from Winter Soldier/Iron man 2 cranked up enough that she can be shown to be useful against actually threats.

for the marvel movie connection just say that they've got their hands on a gamma enhancile and she thinks its banner, but turns out to be blonsky
>>
>>78801601
They've done that story too many times now. It needs to be a personal story
>>
File: my dick.jpg (45 KB, 524x340) Image search: [Google]
my dick.jpg
45 KB, 524x340
>>78800661
I don't know what it was about her but she was ridiculously hot for a generic brunette. Though I assumed she was atleast ten years older than she actually was.
>>
>>78799561
It would be about as entertaining as a Hawkeye or Falcon movie.
>>
File: We-Already-Have-This.jpg (96 KB, 542x739) Image search: [Google]
We-Already-Have-This.jpg
96 KB, 542x739
>>78799561
>>
Many people who unironically want a BW movie/tv series are Marvel ''fans'' who only watched the movies and know fuck all about the comics. Or Marvel heroines in general.
>>
>>78802223
Is Peggy to tits as Natasha is to ass? Not about size, but about sublimity.
>>
>>78802256
Perlmutter was right
>>
Agents of SHIELD work, sort of.

One problem is that Avengers misuse her character trying to get her to kick ass, but it doesn't quite work, and don't get her enough work in human intelligence which is supposed to be her real strength.
>>
>>78802270
testing...
>>78781044
>>
>>78802305
I agree it's weird seeing her as a brawler type when I feel she should be more a stealth black ops type. Like in IM2 as cool as it was seeing her take those guys down on the way to Vanko's computer it would have been more in comic character for her to sneak past them or take them b4 they knew she was even there
>>
>>78799561
It'll be a generic "spy" movie. Aka running, chasing, shooting, explosions, super ninja bullshit, and ScarJo will save the day by stopping the nuclear extremist at the end! xD
>>
>>78802763
oh no! another division of Hydra has been thwarted again!
>>
Black Widow could work as a Netflix show but the feminists would complain of the female avenger getting a show while the male avengers have movies.
>>
>>78800998
The Avengers are disbanded at the end of Civil War.

Wasp will be the one to re-assemble the Avengers.
>>
>>78805642
Yeah, except now she's the exact opposite in personality
>>
Considering that she still hasn't gotten her own movie and she's cast as the Major in trhe GitS movie I think it's save to say she'll never get her own movie now.
>>
>>78799561
I would like to see a Widow/Hawkeye movie. Doing bro stuff as bro's. Super spy with a helping of super operator.
>>
>>78802499
Right, nevermind, she's got that covered too.
>>
>>78801905
There was a lot of attention given to her legs and feet, but in a classier way than Tarantino
>>
I still want a She Hulk movie. She fits better into the group than Bruce does, anyways.
>>
>>78801190
>New Line (which Disney owns)

New Line Cinema was entirely owned by the Time Warner group up until its dissolution following being sued by the cast and director of the Lord of the Rings movies for non-payment of owed royalties, both from the movie and from merchandising deals using their likenesses. New Line's founders (who had remained heads of studio even after being bought up by Time Warner) never admitted wrongdoing and claimed to the end that the LotR movies had been massive lossmakers (which is spectacularly improbable). Time Warner, as majority shareholder of New Line, fired both founders, settled privately with the complainants, and rolled New Line into Warner Bros. as a "banner" - a "studio" that doesn't really exist, but allows a studio to make movies under a different name, usually with a different tone to the main output (as with the difference between 20th Century Fox and Fox Searchlight, etc).

At no time was New Line Cinema ever owned by Disney, or a Disney-group company, in whole or in part.
>>
>>78806954
Have fun finding an actress that's /fit/ enough. But it would already fail since Shulkie is a huge slut.
>>
>>78808145
kek
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.