[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why aren't there more lewd western animation? Is it safe
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: 39354.jpg (63 KB, 720x405) Image search: [Google]
39354.jpg
63 KB, 720x405
Why aren't there more lewd western animation?

Is it safe to assume that there's a market for it?
>>
>>78794006
Because people don't watch cartoons to get their rocks off.
>>
>>78794006
Because we're not Japan, who actually cares about animation and treats it as an all ages thing

If a work of animation isn't a Disney movie, it's automatically seen as for kids if it's not something like family guy or something on adult swim. Also our animation looks lazy in present day if you haven't noticed. In Japan they work like slaves in shit working conditions for shit pay but that's ok. Of we were to implement that kind of system here you would have several human rights organizations on your ass
>>
>>78794006

Several issues

>Lack of distribution channels
>Poor return on investment because until recently animation = kid shit in the mind of executives and people don't take kids to lewd animation the movie.
>relatively small population of animators and limited access to the animation sweatshops of the asian markets which helps keep the cost of traditional animation low

Technically you could probably do some western animation using high end flash and avoid the labor costs but it's unlikely that you'll get a solid distribution partner.
>>
>>78794047
The entirety of this very website proves this to be wrong.
>>
Why do dumb shits like OP use western and american interchangeably. There's more than enough of lewd western animation. Not much of it is from the united prudes of america.
>>
>>78794116
If your business plan is selling to 4chan then I really don't know that anyone can help you.
>>
File: Space-Stallions-4[1].jpg (46 KB, 610x702) Image search: [Google]
Space-Stallions-4[1].jpg
46 KB, 610x702
i was really looking forward to a resurgence of rotoscoping set to cheesy metal with even cheesier settings and plots since new retrowave and outrun and that whole 80's revival thing
closest thing i got was SPACE STALLIONS
>>
>>78794157

>implying /co/ can into French animation other than Wakfu
>>
>everyone wants lewd cartoons
>no one wants to make one
>>
Starbarians?
>>
>>78794187
holy shit space stallions was fucking wonderful
wish they'd do more
>>
>>78794006

Puritans live in the west.
>>
>Is it safe to assume that there's a market for it?

Yes, on the fucking internet, not in mass public distribution. Think for a second. This had been discussed to hell and back for the past 60 years.
>>
>>78795849
While all the lewd animation comes from the most sexless country of them all.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.