[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Looking for some horror/grimdark comics no Crossed I'm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4
File: fkng.jpg (3 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
fkng.jpg
3 KB, 300x168
Looking for some horror/grimdark comics

no Crossed I'm not sure if it was even meant to be horror to begin with it often seems like a dark comedy then again maybe it's the author being carried away with the edge factor
>>
>>78793481
>Looking for some horror/grimdark comics

Beautiful Darkness

That's all you need.
>>
hellboy / BPRD maybe?
>>
>>78793481
And Then Emily Was Gone
>>
Inb4 someone recommends wytches like zack snyder isn't the worst guy writing comics today
>>
File: Comin at ya.jpg (29 KB, 284x253) Image search: [Google]
Comin at ya.jpg
29 KB, 284x253
>>78793481
Some of the Warren Ellis Avatar stuff is pretty good. I enjoyed Supergod, and Blackgas was all right. Some of the Apparat one-shots were also solid. Atmospherics, Strange Kiss--probably others, too.

Steve Niles has some gems as well. Freaks of the Heartland, some of the Criminal Macabre stuff (particularly the early minis with Templesmith--though it tempers the horror with some pretty funny bits), even the first 30 Days of Night mini.

Arkham Asylum: A Serious House on a Serious Earth isn't quite horror, but sure is dark and good.

Richard Corben has done some really spooky stuff for magazines like Heavy Metal; I haven't read a lot of his regular comics work but I hear Ratgod is good.

Ennis/Wolfer's Stitched from Avatar is kind of like diet Crossed, with less ultra-edge and more slow-burn creepiness.

Neonomicon isn't really scary in itself, but it does offer a glimpse into what Alan Moore jerks off to, which is pretty horrifying.

Some people like Kirkman's Outcast, but it didn't really do it for me. Not that scary, not that interesting IMO.

Also, fuck you OP the first Crossed mini was a) pretty legitimately scary and b) taking itself seriously. It was over-the-top, but not campy splatstick yet. You can stop there, though.

Hope these help. I'll post more if I think of them.
>>
Nailbiter
>>
File: tumblr_nuhufqIvGI1sockuoo1_1280.jpg (114 KB, 593x900) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nuhufqIvGI1sockuoo1_1280.jpg
114 KB, 593x900
Nameless
>>
>>78793481
>horror/grimdark comics

Faust. It is the grimdarkiest.
>>
>>78797953
He said good.
>>
>>78799278
It's enjoyable, at least.
>>
Some more suggestions:

The Vertigo House of Mystery was pretty cool.

Old-school EC still kicks ass.

I don't know if it's /co/ material, but Uzumaki is some top-notch shit (and I don't even like manga)

Ennis's Caliban was basically a big love letter to Ridley Scott's Alien, but I thought it was fun.
>>
Nail biter
Colder
Harrow county
The eighth seal
Hellboy
Joe Golem: occult detective
Morning glories
Negative space
Lock and key
>>78796630
Revival
Walking dead
Constantine/Hellblazer
Survivors club
"Dark and Bloody" comes out next month...
American Vampire
Wytches
30 days of night
Black hole
Ghosts and ruins
>>78797061 mentioned "Necronomicon" by Moore
Eerie
Creepy
Beauty
Death head
Alabaster
Dead vengeance
Swamp thing (some parts can/are freaky)
Justice League Dark
Anything by Junji Ito
Coming of Rage
Blade
Some (a lot of?) Batman stories focus around grimdark/horror - especially Scarecrow
>>
Hellboy and BPRD for Horror. Anything Mignola really.
>>
>>78793481
The Crow
Faust
Spawn
Evil Ernie/other Chaos! comics

If you want something actually scary, Wytches
>>
File: huehue whaduhfuk.jpg (2 KB, 121x124) Image search: [Google]
huehue whaduhfuk.jpg
2 KB, 121x124
>>78805569
>actually scary
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.