[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>2016 >Still hating Whor
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 11
>2016
>Still hating Whor
>>
Hate is a strong word. To me Whor is just white noise-basically a flat character with a non existent personality.
>>
>>78793050
>2016
>Still reading Whor
>>
>expecting Whor to last in 2016
Name me one person who actually cares about thos character.
>>
>>78793085
BLOWN THE FUCK OUT!
>>
>>78793050
I really like her design, but Arron's story has been pretty bad. I can't say that I hate Jane Thor, but I'm not exactly a fan either.
>>
File: wolverine59.jpg (56 KB, 491x578) Image search: [Google]
wolverine59.jpg
56 KB, 491x578
I miss Wolverine.

I mean, the REAL Wolverine.
>>
>>78793050
Has she done anything praise-worthy other than play with Thor's hammer?
>>
>>78793085
OP GETTING BTFO
>>
File: rekt.jpg (123 KB, 242x755) Image search: [Google]
rekt.jpg
123 KB, 242x755
>>78793085
>>
>2016
>Still defending cancer

I gave up on that shit after issue #3, but I didn't think it could get any worse at that point. Aaron sure showed me.
>>
C'MON PEOPLE IT'S THE YEAR TWENTY SIXTEEN
>>
>>78793104
>but Arron's story has been pretty bad.
Aaron, but yes, that's the thing.
I hate Thor turning unworthy because of some retarded whisper, I hate Odin being flanderized in a complete woman hating asshat mad tyrant, and Aaron villains (CEO dude and Malekith) are boring as shit.
>>
>>78793050
>literally who
>>
As a character she's no better or worse than old Thor
>>
>>78793145
I concur
It is current year and we all agreed that current year would be all about the beefcakes
Where's man manWhor?!
>>
>>78793244
where's my manWhor*
My bad
>>
So why does X-23 get a pass?
>>
>>78793346
she's a slut
>>
>>78793346
Because she's an actual character.
>>
It's almost like having a good taste doesn't disappear with time.
>>
>>78793050
>2016
>calling her Whor
Hypocrite
>>
>>78793385
Not really, she's pandering shit
>>
>>78793346
x-23's problem is that they killed her characterization to make her wolverine, not that Nick Fury whispered something into Logan's ears which turned off his claws or something
>>
>>78793104
To some extent this. She's not really a character.
>>78793151
And so much of the story depends entirely on Aaron taking characters out of context. And he's hurting both Freya and Odin. Its terrible. And I really wanted to give it a chance. Love Dauterman's art though. I basically slogged through superbia just for him.
>>
File: why.jpg (195 KB, 675x705) Image search: [Google]
why.jpg
195 KB, 675x705
>>78793085
OP's face right now
>>
>>78793355
>>
>>78793050
Doesn't she have like Space cancer or some shit?
>>
File: ctfutbhfam.jpg (8 KB, 249x249) Image search: [Google]
ctfutbhfam.jpg
8 KB, 249x249
>>78793085
OP gettin' roasted familia
>>
i haven't read all of her issues, but has anyone explained why the fuck she transforms back into a dying cancer-ridden body when she can just be Whor all the time?
>>
>>78793110
i can't say i agree. at this point, you could spend the next ten years reading all the shit wolverine has been in and not need new material. we can do without him for a few years
>>
>>78793755
Because she's Midgard's representative on the Council of Realms so she needs to keep appearing there. Plus, her Thor-form is wanted in Asgard for stealing Mjolnir, so she can't appear there without The Serpent being on her ass, hence why she needs to keep the fact that she's Thor a secret so she can keep being Midgard's rep without just being thrown in God-Jail.
>>
>>78793050
>2016
>being a liberal
>>
File: american slutshaming.jpg (7 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
american slutshaming.jpg
7 KB, 200x200
>>78793355
>>
>>78793844
i dunno man, i'd rather try to deal with or fight my way out of all those issues in asgardian form than risk dropping dead. like she can't fucking represent midgard as thor, the old one had no problem championing earth as a god
>>
>>78793870
>not being a liberal
>reading comics
time to get a new hobby, bub
>>
>>78793946
>not being liberal
>reading comics
>watching movies
>watching shows
>watching the news
>participating in social discourse
>walking down the street
>existing

time to get new hobbies, bub
>>
>>78793844
All this could've been avoided by just saying "I'm jane, you know me I have the hammer. And please don't heal me and don't let thor heal me."

Also, what gives her the right to even start stuff in asgard, she's not much in asgard, just respected cause she's the on/off again girlfriend of Thor.

Fundamentally, Aaron's FemThor stuff makes little sense. Like, Jane's claim that magic has a cost-- that's a lie, easily corrected, and I don't even know where she got that from, she's making stuff up. She literally should know better.
>>
Is anyone around here actually reading this? Has there been ANY acknowledgement of her son, like, at all? I tried reading it myself to find out, but I wasn't strong and independent enough.
>>
>>78795472
What son? Son is illusion.
Here's another panel of fat Asgardian saying he's hungry.
>>
>>78793050
Best Jane here
>>78760594
>>
File: large.jpg (51 KB, 484x484) Image search: [Google]
large.jpg
51 KB, 484x484
>>78793394
I was going to say she needs a complimentary nickname if people are going to even pretend to like her.
>>
>>78795372
I thinknthe cost using Thor is he makes her cancer treatment not work.
But i still dont understand her reasinung for picking up the hammer in the first place. Has it ever been explained? Or are we to just accept the whole thing being out of character for fucking everybody in the Thor mythos?
>>
>>78795626
The hammer thing was explained. She said the world always needs a thor. Which is true enough. She believed the world needed a Thor who understood what it was like to suffer and be human to empathize with them and she considered herself a good candidate. I'm not bothered by that so much, though that's a low criterion for being worthy, but it just makes no sense. All the drama is caused by the characters being intentionally made stupid and/overly aggressive. She could just explain to odin and the whole thing would be over in 5 mins. Heck, when Gaea vouches for jane (Jane helped gaea in sif JiMystery) it would end all conversation.
>>
>>78795832
Doom considered himself worthy, too.
>>
>>78793050

>IT'S THE CURRENT YEAR!
>>
>>78795908
Its the lowest bar and Jane doesnt even seem worthy if knowing how to struggle and fail is on tge check list then any fucking body can pick it up.

I dont mind Jane being Thor but make reasoning and everyone's reaction believable. I can understand some being mad but not everyone. And i hope Aaron doesnt fuck up anyone else.
>>
I guess mjolnir is gonna be sentient? Reading old thor, there is mild precedent for that.

Although, in paul jenkin's Thor heaven and hearth (I think) i found one page where Thor does the homing mjolnir speed blitz that FemThor did that Thor said Mjolnir never did for him.

Overall, I'm interested in seeing how it all plays out, but Jane is the weakest link in this book. Freya got arrested. So she's gonna willing to start insurrection in Asgard? What gives her the right?

Asgard and its relationship to earth is weird though. Odin is the son of the Earth mother, so asgard is tied to earth, but really, Odin has a point-- what good is it for asgard to get tied into earth wars? That's been an ongoing thing in Thor since early Thor. Aaron could handle it better, but he's wasting it.

Just go back to giving Thor feats like in Godbomb
>>
>>78796041
Odin. He's messing up Odin big time.
>>
>>78793050
Yes it certainly is that year.

Very observant you faggot.
>>
>>78793050
> 2016
> still greentexting like a /v/aggot

Eat shit
>>
>>78796581
>2016
>promoting coprophagia
>>
Why doesn't Jane just fucking tell Thor? Not knowing who has his hammer was eating him up inside, and Jane knows it. He probably would have been happy that someone so close to him was worthy, but now he'll just be hurt because she lied to his face.
>>
>>78793072
this
>>
File: popcopy.png (276 KB, 500x379) Image search: [Google]
popcopy.png
276 KB, 500x379
>>78797099
Because fuck him, that's why.
>>
>>78797099
Why bother having a coherent story with genuine characters when it'll sell well with a shitty story that makes no sense?
>>
>>78797099
Fuck him, he's a man. She doesn't owe a MAN any MANSPLANTAION.
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.