[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you think this worth it?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: complete-absolute-sandman.jpg (138 KB, 1024x659) Image search: [Google]
complete-absolute-sandman.jpg
138 KB, 1024x659
Do you think this worth it?
>>
s'pretty good, yeah.
>>
>>78793047
I meant the Absolute edition
>>
>>78793037
No, the art isn't good or consistent enough to warrant the bigger print size
>>
>>78793037
I appreciated sandman more after reading it in order. I had friends give me a few issues here and there and a trade or two and didn't care for it. But it was actually not a meme. It was a good, if slow book.

I'm missing 4 and 5. But I'm kinda mad-- I moved to go to college and my parents moved later. I boxed most of my stuff up, but I'm not sure they know what they did with my absolute editions.

Weird story to explain why didn't box them up-- we had a broken book shelf, very full book case-- and the absolutes were hold up the broken part so I was like "well I'll leave these here so the shelf doesn't fall down you box them up and keep them cause they are valuable."

Nope. (probably not? Hopefully not?)
>>
>>78793037
if you don't have that comic and you have enoght money good ahead is a pretty good comic.
>>
File: sandman.jpg (225 KB, 1024x614) Image search: [Google]
sandman.jpg
225 KB, 1024x614
>>78793037
I prefer the Slipcase.
Pic related, what I got this Christmas.
>>
>>78796649
I was going to buy Sandman: Overture from Barnes and Noble but it's ten dollars more expensive in the store than it is online. I'll either get it from somewhere else some other time or wait for a paperback edition that matches the rest of my Sandman volumes.

Speaking of which, I only actually caught the first issue, did Overture turn out to be good?
>>
>>78796649
which one is the far right?
>>
>>78796970
>did Overture turn out to be good?

Hell yes.
>>
File: Sanddream.jpg (31 KB, 304x475) Image search: [Google]
Sanddream.jpg
31 KB, 304x475
>>78796971
Sandman: The Dream Hunters.

Writer: Gaiman
Artist: P. Craig Russell (artist of Sandman #50 Ramadan, Death story in Endless Nights...)

It's written like a sort of Japanese fable. Actually the original Dream Hunters is a short story written by Gaiman and illustrated (but not a comic) by Yoshitaka Amano.

This is a comic adaptation of that.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.