[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Bendis failed to make Skrulls relevant >Bendis failed
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4
File: portrait_incredible.jpg (17 KB, 216x324) Image search: [Google]
portrait_incredible.jpg
17 KB, 216x324
>Bendis failed to make Skrulls relevant
>Bendis failed to make SpiderWoman relevant
>Bendis failed to make The Hood relevant
>Bendis failed to make The Sentry relevant
>Bendis failed to make Luke Cage relevant
>Bendis failed to produce a single good Avengers storyline
>Bendis failed to make Norman Osborne into a relevant Marvel wide threat
>>
File: bedis.gif (1 MB, 355x200) Image search: [Google]
bedis.gif
1 MB, 355x200
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Nigga, do you even know who you're talking about? He's the master of Marvel, the king of comics, the future Editor-in-Chief. He has 2 shows based on his creations, Powers and Jessica Jones, and someday Mile Morales will be the next Spider-man in movies or TV.

Sorry mate, but Bendis is the King of Marvel. Those on Team Bendis will guard any and all storylines created by Bendis, or expand on it. I mean look at this shit >>77869998

Once he finally runs Marvel, we will enter an era of Bendis continuity. As long as there's a franchise with a movie or TV show, it won't be safe from Bendis Continuity.

He's the future Editor-in-Chief of Marvel, and the other writers at Marvel know it. The ones that aren't with him are off doing Star Wars.
>>
>>78792266
still the last good marvel comics event.
>>
>>78792375
Go to bed Bendis
>>
Bendis did make Luke Cage relevant though. He's getting a fucking TV show.
>>
>>78792375
Christ he's such a disgusting fat fuck.
>>
File: smallkitty.png (103 KB, 138x306) Image search: [Google]
smallkitty.png
103 KB, 138x306
Why you faggots care so much about this bald fuck. Better question why you fuckers still care about Marvel so much. If Bendis stays forever who the fuck cares, you think someone better will magically appear or that your favorite writer will instantly get the top bill after he leaves, they won't. Even if Bendis sells like shit, Marvel will never give up on him because Quesada, Alonso and Brevoort are his good friends and they love his loyalty to the company. Besides Marvel has found the formula to deal with bad sales and that's called relaunches. It somehow works for Squirrel Girl or Captain Marvel (according to Marvel which is the only opinión that matters) and will work for Bendis if he ever needs it. The only thing you can look forward is his retirement, of course that's not going to help much either because he will probably stay working at the company in some important capacity and all the writers of his team will continue enforcing his work.

Seriously, this threads are cancer because the anti Bendis behave like autists and fall for all the trolling/pasta/shitposting over and over again. I'm sure they all (including Bendis if he ever comes here) laugh their asses off their chair while reading these shits. It's pitiful.
>>
>>78792266
He did though. Went from one use antivillain in a mini to a guy that shows up in tons of Marvel non mutant related stories for half a decade and stars in his own team title now.

He did though. Went from a literal WHO to a guy who had two other minis and guest appearances from all sorts of titles for ranging from the Avengers to the Punisher and various minis and costars in several companywide events like WWH and Siege.

Sweat chrstmas, Luke Cage is now the most popular he's ever been.

He made Avengers relevant in the comic world before RDJ came about. He made Avengers into a top ten seller for well over a decade, only losing that status during the last year and a half of his Avengers run.

That wasn't his intention, but he did have a nice year and a half run.
>>
>>78795818
>>78795756

Don't reply to pasta
>>
>>78792266
>>Bendis failed to make SpiderWoman relevant
That is objectively not true. Jessica Drew had been limbo for years, which is why there were 3 other Spider-Women. Bendis brought Jessica back to the spotlight, and she has remained a player in the wider MU ever since
>>
>>78792266
>Bendis failed to make SpiderWoman relevant
Both are way more relevant than before he came along atleast.

The latter would certainly not be getting her own book now if it weren't for his limelighting her in New Avengers.

As relevant as a C-list villain can be.

Meh, I was never a fan of him honestly, but that's bullshit and you know it.

Lies.

Disagree.

Did he? Siege was great, IMHO
>>
>>78797836
Actually, the Skrulls were probably more relevant in stories before Secret Invasion than they have been in stories set after it.
Before Secret Invasion, the Skrulls were a major power and threat, showing up in many cosmic stories and warring with other empires.
But ever since Secret Invasion, the Skrulls haven't really been involved in many cosmic stories. It's mostly been about the Kree, the Spartoi, the Sh'iar, Annihilus, the Badoon, the Brood and now the Chitauri. Notice how the Skrulls weren't in Bendis' galactic council.
It finally looked like they were gonna be important again when the Super-Skrull became the new Skrull Emperor in Infinity, over 2 years ago, but he hasn't shown up since.
>>
File: brian michael bendis.jpg (117 KB, 530x810) Image search: [Google]
brian michael bendis.jpg
117 KB, 530x810
>>
>>78792266
I fucking hate Bendis, but everything you said is just flat wrong.
>>
>>78797993
Well, I mean, he completely gutted the Empire. This was his way of taking them off the table so they wouldn't interfere with Dark Avengers, I could see that bringing an easy fix to a lot the storylines at the time.

They were relevant for their story, then they very put back on the shelf. What did you expect?
>>
>>78797822
Her solo book failed and every Avengers book they put her on loses readers.
>>
>>78801177
>>78797993
>Well, I mean, he completely gutted the Empire.

That is wrong though the Skrull Empire already got gutted in Annihilation. It's the entire reason Marvel establishes for why Secret Invasion even happens. Blaming Bendis for this is nonsensical

>Actually, the Skrulls were probably more relevant in stories before Secret Invasion than they have been in stories set after it.

No they weren't. The Skrulls got depowered in the 90s and you had the Super Skrull hiding as a special effects artist. That is how relevant the Skrulls had become. It's only after Disassembled that Marvel starts getting their shit together.
>>
>>78801315
>every Avengers book they put her on loses readers.

Bendis's New Avengers is considered a commercial success and what jumpstarted the Avengers franchise before the movies came out.
>>
>>78797993
>>78801177
The biggest inclusionary Skrull storyline before Secret Invasion was Annihilation, where several Skrull empire homeworlds were destroyed.
Secret Invasion was written as their last ditch effort for one of the formerly most industrially powerful races in the galaxy reestablishing a broken empire.

So yeah, they're not in much shit anymore because they barely exist anymore as far as the marvel universe is concerned (who knows after Secret Wars, tho). But the Secret Invasion storyline brought attention to Skrulls that they hadn't had, even as a disappointment of an event.
>>
>>78792266
Bendis simply fucked the Red Hood up with the whole demon bullshit.

Also don't forget! He made Dazzle hate her old self in his X-Men run! Just like he made Luke hate his old Powerman identity for whatever fucking reason.
>>
>>78801394
I understand Annihilation took their home world, but this was nearly the death knell of the empire itself. There is no blame here, it was calculated, I'm nearly sure of it. Taking them off the table prevents cop-outs during Dark Avengers and Siege.

They were the perfect choice to be desperate insurgents allowing a corrupt businessman to rise to power.
>>
>Bendis failed at his true passion, writing sitcoms
>>
>>78802438
But Bendy always wanted to work in comics. He was an artist up until the point he got the call for Daredevil.
>>
>>78792266

Or Jessica Jones yet he is piggy backing in her success and he'll piggyback on Luke's too

You know if Endis had done the Siege event it would have been glorious, no one wrote Osborne like Ellis and Bendis just fucked it up.

His Iron Man sales are also rapidly going down, he couldn't make X-men sell so they switched him to Iron Man and that is slowly going down the drain too. Heck Guardianswhich is only being kept afloat from the movie's popularity is going down too which is why he is bringing the Knowhere corps to get some of the disgruntled fans back (and it's working for some from what I've read).
>>
>>78795851
Skottie's little Star-Lord mask always looks like a metal pig mask, why does he give it that snout?
>>
>>78792266
These are wrong.
>>
>>78797564
Shut the fuck up, you insignificant faggot. I do what I want.
>>
>>78801552
>who knows after Secret Wars, tho
They're FF characters, so don't expect them to pop up again any time soon.
>>
>>78796645
No, Anon! You're supposed to hate everything the man does, even if there is far, far worse out there! I actually liked Bendis' Avengers and New Avengers' over Hickman's.
>>
Powers continues to be the one decent thing Bendis has done.
>>
>>78807420
They're the main villain's for the first arc of Hopeless' Spider-Woman.
>>
>>78800534
Is there a word stronger than TRIGGERED????

This implies theres a single piece of fucking worth in the entire Ultimate line to be proud of.

...or maybe hes just mic dropping us for getting away with it for a decade? Well played you fat fuck.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.