[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw DC Domination could occur if they put all of these shows
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 2
File: CW_TV.png (750 KB, 768x1024) Image search: [Google]
CW_TV.png
750 KB, 768x1024
>tfw DC Domination could occur if they put all of these shows on The CW Network.
What a time to be alive, /co/.
>>
>>78790003

TNT cancelling Titans feels pretty obvious given how little news you had heard about it until the announcement that it was dead and buried.
>>
>DC Domination
Heh.
>>
>>78790027
It is pretty interesting to hear about TNT not picking up Titans. I'm wondering if it is indeed shifting networks as some rumblings suggest.
>>
>>78790043
It's just not going to happen.
>>
>>78790003
i don't know about izombie but the rest are trash man, okay, flash is entertaining but has zero quality, arrow is irredemable and lot seems the same.
>>
>>78790043

Selling it to TNT of all places was pretty weird to begin with. Hopefully this means we might get Dick Grayson appearing on CW now. I'm not that interested in anybody picking the show itself.
>>
>>78790043
I think WB wants to use Dick for the movies and that's why they dropped the TV show idea.
>>
>>78790065
Why wouldn't it? Comics are the hot commodity right now; it makes sense, from a business standpoint, to beat this horse until the next big thing comes along.

>>78790083
I've heard that, too, but who knows.

>>78790072
Arrow has fluctuated: S1/S2 was great, S3 was pretty meh, and S4 has been pretty great. S1 and S2 of The Flash have been amazing and iZombie is great too. Constantine was fun, not as dark as it should have been, but it was great.
>>
>>78790126
you spout amazing and great so easily for tv shows with shit acting, shit plot full of conveniences, ;plot holes and shoehorned soap opera drama, and mostly terrible action.
>>
>>78790211
it's television. what's amazing and great for television, especially network television, is different than what is great or amazing for movies, comics, and books. there is also people's opinions, since y'know, they're usually different.
>>
>>78790003
No Supergirl?
>>
>>78790126
I just never had a good feeling about Titans. Just because superheroes are big doesn't mean every project in development gets a series order. There was talk of Hourman a while back and it never happened.
>>
>>78790244
yes, great and amazing tv is Sopranos and the Shield, not CW trash.

As for opinions, yours is obviously biased.
>>
>>78790313
>sopranos
>shield
>good
weeeooooo
>>
>>78790003
No more Constantine truly I am sad
>>
>>78790278

It's not on CW, dummy.
>>
>>78790496
Neither is Constantine or Titans you idiot.
>>
>>78790211
Just like comics.
>>
>>78790412

DC fans are literally retarded
>>
>>78790526

This thread is about OP jerking off to the pipe dream that the CW could become Canceled Comic TV Cavalcade and bring Constantine (canceled) and Titans (canceled at pilot level) under his umbrella.

Supergirl on the other hand is airing on another network and isn't on the verge of cancellation, hence it has no business here.
>>
>>78790526
Constantine could be revived on that network, and since TNT shitcanned the pilot to Titans, it would be a good idea for the CW to pick it up
>>
>>78790629
Supergirl is always in danger since its not part of the NCIS cavalcade or one of those shows beloved by the network (Good Wife). Same goes for Limitless. Its why Person of Int rest went from one of their top shows and is now in limbo at least until the Spring if not some mid summer slot.

Network Executives can take a successful show being different for only so long before it starts to freak them out and they go running back to what is safe.
>>
>>78790313

>comparing trash reality drama cops show to trash, campy cape shows

Your comparison, like your argument, are stupid.
>>
>>78790610

>i'm gonna call him "retard" since I don't have anything else to say, that'll sure scare him!
>>
>>78790313
Marveldrone spotted
>>
If D.C. wants a Titans TV show,they could build hype for it by introducing The Titans on the currently airing shows.Wally's and Roy have already shown up in Flash and Arrow.Have Raven show up in Arrow,Starfire show up in Supergirl and Sick show up in Flash.
>>
>>78790043
Oh, TNT didn't pick it up? Thank Goodness, I can't imagine a real-life Titans show to be anything but shit
>>
>>78791627
They might be doing that with Colton coming back to Arrow.
>>
>>78791627
Anything that happens in Supergirl is unlikely to carry over to Flash and Arrow due to being on a different network. I had to explain this to my dad and he was upset.
>>
>>78793407
Constantine was on NBC but crossed over, though it did happen when his show was cancelled.

How is Supergirl anyways? I only watched the first episode and haven't had a chance to watch the rest.
>>
>>78790768

>Person of Interest getting a reduced fifth season

Fucking bullshit fuck you CBS. It's one of the only network shows that does things with a full 22-episode order and you cock-gobblers are fucking with it when we're in the third act of the narrative.

>Limitless

Aren't the numbers good for that?

>Good Wife beloved by the network

Not after last season and the current one pissing the show's acclaim down the drain.
>>
>>78793600
Supergirl is okay.The last few episodes have been better than the earlier ones.
>>
>>78793600
It's nice and wholesome. So long as you don't have kneejerk reactions to things like black Jimmy Olsen or empowered females, you might like it. It's been getting better. Plus it has Martian Manhunter.
>>
>>78793600
Do not listen to anyone who tries to tell you supergirl is good. CBS has hired people to browse /co/, /tv/, and other places to promote the shit out of it. They're even paid reviews so all critics are giving it like a 98%, yet the actual user reviews are very poor, at about 50%.

They're trying to cash in on the ethnic replacement stuff, and are trying to target the tumblr feminist crowd and the STRONK WYMIN meme, but failing hard. Remember the SNL parody skit of Black Widow? Supergirl is essentially this but with DC characters.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_5KgpN38hM

Also, don't even get me started on the fight choreography. Literally youtube ANY FUCKING FIGHT SCENE from supergirl, and you'll notice one thing in common. No punch, kick, or hit EVER connects with the target unless it's deliberately blocked. Everyone in supergirl uses the force. Knockbacks are also unrealistic as fuck and it's easy to tell that people are getting force pushed away via wire harness.

The CG is shittier than Flash and Arrow CG, even Constantine CG. They're trying to draw in views by using big name members like Martian Manhunter and Red Tornado, but they end up looking like absolute ass.
>>
>>78794760
Yeah, I should totally listen to an anon that yells shills about anything they dislike.
>>
>>78794760

>Do not listen to anyone who tries to tell you supergirl is good. CBS has hired people to browse /co/, /tv/, and other places to promote the shit out of it

Source: My butthole.

>paid reviews

Yeah because there's nothing more important then the lucrative career of TV critics. They're really on the fucking pulse of America, everyone is waiting with bated breath for what they have to say.
>>
>>78794846
Except you can literally stop by /co/ every monday and hang out in the livewatch/talkback thread and immediately spot the shill.

Non paid shills watch it just to make fun of it with /co/, while the paid shills blatantly samefag and compliment the shit out of it at every turn, and get called out by everyone else in the thread for shilling.

But he's free to pirate it or look at the youtube vids and see the outstanding QUALITY of the writing and combat for himself.

>>78794888
I'd give you a serious reply, but seeing as how you're a namefag and the archive shows you're just a shitposter, all I'll do is provide a link to RT so people with sense can see paid reviews in action.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/tv/supergirl/s01/
>>
>>78795083
lol whatever anon, any time anybody yells shill, I immediately discard their opinion. I'll watch for the rest of what you said but yelling shill puts your opinion/review at the bottom
>>
>>78790083

Ding ding ding. The Teen Titans, and Dick especially, are a film-level franchise. With Dick getting a nod in BvS, and Cyborg being there, it makes way more sense for a Titans movie than a neutered TV show featuring fucking Hawk and Dove.

Besides, they can't do a show about superhero sidekicks without being able to reference the main heroes. It would work out worse than Supergirl.
>>
>>78795120
You're free to view the archives, anon. Go to desustorage and search for the weekly livewatch and talkback. I'm not pulling things out my ass, the proof is in the pudding, and it's free to view by all.

By all means, take the time to read through those threads and make your own judgement.
>>
>>78795288
No lol, why would I? I don't care nearly enough about some paranoid person is yelling shill to go waste my time searching random shit
>>
>>78790003
>Nobody wants a period piece Jonah Hex show
>Nobody wants a Question show based on Denny Oneil's run
>If they happened there would be awkward romance sub plots

Crawling in my skin
>>
>>78790768
>in limbo
It's on track for a spring premiere
>>78793617
Namefags once again in charge of not knowing shit. Getting cut down to thirteen episodes means they can drop the filler that plagued S3 and S4. It's likely this is the last season considering they've written the plot into a corner.
>>
>>78795316
Well if you refuse to view the evidence, how can you call me paranoid?

You faggots ask for sources and proof, yet when it's provided you just stick your head in the sand and ignore it.

You wanted an opinion? I gave it. You wanted proof? I provided you the means to view it. If you didn't want negatives, there are better sites out there with a hivemind mentality that'll suit you just fine, like reddit or tumblr. But even then, supergirl isn't doing too hot over there either. I'd proof you but since you obviously don't give a shit I won't waste my time.
>>
File: 1451547616998.jpg (278 KB, 1152x648) Image search: [Google]
1451547616998.jpg
278 KB, 1152x648
I like DC but seriously their whole universe rests on her frail shoulders

>ty based skeleton
>>
>>78795461
Lol, why would I search for the proof myself if you're trying to convince me?
>>
>>78790003
arrow is ending next year
flash will probably end a year after
Izombie will turn into a cw zombie show
LOT will be the only DC comics show left
>>
>>78790043
It couldn't be that because there was no casting info
no story
no nothing for a huge chunk of time since it was announced
>>
>>78790003
All of those are shit shows aimed at teenage girls while they rub their pussies.
>>
>>78795503
Look lad, I'm done replying to you and your bait. Like I said before, I gave you an opinion, I gave you the proof, if you want to ignore it that's your business. I'm not going to autistically link you to every single supergirl thread when I already told you how to search them yourself.

Maybe some other anons who are lurking the thread will find what I posted to be useful and will actually put in the effort to see if they should watch the show or not, even if their reasoning behind it is to laugh at it with /co/ once a week for being so bad.
>>
>>78795820
>I gave you the proof
>just go look over on another site through hundreds, if not thousands, of different posts and you'll totally find it
lol
>>
>>78795871
using the search feature sure is hard huh anon. why bother searching for what youre looking for with a search bar when you can go through every single post even if its unrelated?
>>
>>78795923
lol again, why would I search for something you're trying to proof?
>>
>>78796033
im not the same guy as >>78795820 but if you cant even use a search bar how do you even function in life?
>>
>>78796123
Where do I say I can't use a search bar? He's trying to prove something but I'm supposed to go look for the proof, why would I do that?
>>
>>78796193
maybe because you cared enough about wanting to know how the show is to look?
https://desustorage.org/co/search/subject/supergirl%20talkback/
>>
>>78796279
>about wanting to know how the show is to look?
What?

And I asked How Supergirl is? Then this nigga went on a rant about shills and shit. Then he told me that if I cared about the show, I would go to desu and look through the posts to find the shills.

I'm still trying to figure out why he thinks I'm going to go. Especially after I told him that anybody that yells shill gets their opinion discared.
>>
>>78796348
i just read through all the talkbacks since they never get more than a thread and half the time dont even get to bump limit and there isnt any positive discussion about the show until the martian manhunter episode and i can see why hes calling it shill posting. threads went from calling it out for being bad and laughing at it to overwhelmingly positive posts replying to overwhelmingly positive posts. does seem suspicious but i dont know if id call it shilling.
>>
>>78796553
And?
>>
>>78796604
and nothing. i just said i can see where hes coming from.
Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.