[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
SMBZ
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 7
File: I'm a god.png (31 KB, 501x350) Image search: [Google]
I'm a god.png
31 KB, 501x350
So I guess furry earthworm went and reboot the series. EP 1 is out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5-ErbSrTOc
>>
This guy must be like in his mid 30s.
>>
Sprite animation got better
>4000 an episode
>>
the only drawback is that there was no "SMACK MY BITCH UP" playing when mario beats the shit out of bowser a final time
>>
File: 1452238166723.png (159 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1452238166723.png
159 KB, 500x281
>>
>>78789561
He actually did it.

The absolute madman.
>>
>>78789561
Yeesh.

It just goes to show no matter how much effort you put into these things, they're still just sprite animations. The worst part is the guy could ACTUALLY animate to start.
>>
File: 1433503602998.jpg (108 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1433503602998.jpg
108 KB, 640x480
>>78789561

Seeing this is being funded a big chunk of actual money via patreon for each episode, what's not stopping companies like Nintendo and Sega from throwing this project series a C&D? They're basically using the pixel arts of the exact Characters from the Sonic and Mario games and using it for a profit given how much they're getting for each episode. I mean I'm not too familiar with the exact details on how the ways of IP usage works, but when it involves money it usually results with a pretty bad backlash.
>>
>>78789926
As long as you give credit where it's do you can pretty much do anything. He's not claiming ownership of the characters.

Actually there's nothing really stopping them I think. It's just he's not on their radar and attacking him isn't gonna benefit them in any way so why bother?
>>
>>78789561
What happened to his YouTube Poops? Did he remove them all?
>>
>>78789926
isn't he protected because these are donations. he can claim it's a not profit but in fact he is profiting.
>>
>>78789969

Not sure about how bad Sega reacts to this kind of stuff. Though when it comes to big companies like Nintendo who have often shown themselves on being very strict with their stuff, it's hard to not see this catching their attention. SMBZ is basically using the characters of one of their highest selling franchise too and probably their most protected as well. If things like Smash: Project M getting shut down can happen, SMBZ is just as unsafe. Even if it can can be said that they claim no ownership to the characters they use (Which in most cases doesn't even work from what I've been told.) and point the rights to the true owners, things start to crumble when money is involved. So I'm sure Nintendo (and possibly Sega.) would bother with this unless it was nonfunded like the original series.

I'd also say the usage of Dragonball Z material could bite SBMZ too, but I'm sure just using the likeness isn't something that cause the same kind of problems. Again I'm not too knowledgeable with this sort of junk.
>>
>>78790236

4k an episode for stuff like slightly improved pixel animation and occasional artwork scenes? Seen that before with other youtube animators doing exactly that nearly fund free or cash/time out their own pockets. Don't think the donation excuse is gonna work unless he seriously spending every cent on the series itself.
>>
>>78790425
Money equates to time.

And this level of animation, spritey though it may be, probably takes awhile.
>>
>>78789926
Nintendo gives no fucks for the most part, they probably see it as free advertisement. It's why Project M lasted as long as it did. Not sure about Sega, but it's probably the same.
>>
>>78790827
>they probably see it as free advertisement
Have you seen what they did to lets plays? Nintendo obviously hates free advertisement
>>
>>78790247
Project M lasted for years though, with the only reason as to why it shut down recently was because the third parties got involved. They did their damndest to turn a blind eye to it.
>>
>>78790855
They went back on that though. That whole situation was kinda weird in retrospect.
>>
>>78790869
Don't you have to give them 60% of what you make off their videos?
>>
>>78790896
Hell if I know, it doesn't seem like anything more than a rumor during that period.
>>
>>78789926
Patreon is the loophole as he's not 'directly' profiting from the videos. And patrons are considered donors.
>>
>>78790986
Also no, they didn't really "go back" on it, they now have this shitty partnership system in place where they take 60 percent of your channel's profits (including non-Nintendo videos) and you can only do games from a list of titles they provide.
>>
>>78791364
There is no loophole. He's using the copyrighted characters without the express permission of the copyright holders. Sega and Nintendo either don't know or don't care
>>
>>78789561
>Uses Voice Assets
>Uses music Assets
>Uses ripped sprite assets

Yeah he is going to get hit by Nintendo soon, they dont fuck around with their IPs
>>
>>78790247
He might be able to classify it as parody. Even if he got a C&D, he'd probably still be able to continue doing it with custom sprites.
>>
Is he going to turn into Super Mario God Super Mario?
>>
>>78789561
Am I the only one who prefers the original style when he used less close-ups? To me seeing the characters moving on screen like in a game was part of the charm. The remake is a little too cinematic for a sprite animation in my opinion.
>>
This is definitely a step up from his previous works. Really like that he has the fights moving in Three Dimensions now. I hope that we can see this first saga to it's completion.
>>
>>78789561
Holy shit it actually happened

It was pretty good, too. While I'm not really convinced by the style he began using in the later episodes, it still looks good. It would've been nice to see a followup to ep 8, but I guess since it's been such a long time it was probably okay to start fresh.
>>
File: PinkPuff-ffiv.gif (21 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
PinkPuff-ffiv.gif
21 KB, 800x800
>>78789561
>still no cel-shading or profanity
0/10 stolen sprite flash reported flagged called the FBI called my mommy
>>
>>78789561
Yeah i don't really like the new mecha sonic
>>
>>78789561

Isn't this the same sort of animation that had the Megaman X fights etc? I remember them from Newgrounds when I was like 12
>>
>not calling the series New Super Mario Bros Z
>>
>>78789926
Whatever the dummies above me are saying: yes. Those characters belong to companies that have the right to be compensated whenever they are used to profit, in whatever way.
They HAVE THE RIGHT TO. Which means they can bring him to court. And likely win a monetary compensation other than making him stop if they so desire.
They can but they don't have to. And since it's free advertisement, they might let him do his thing.

It is completely in Nintendo and Sega's hands.
>>
>>78789561
>SO LONG GAY BOWSER!
It was worth it, watching to the end I mean.
>>
>>78793125
I sure hope so, Anon. As stupid as it is, I want things to be crazy.
>>
>>78798195
>Not calling the series Super Mario Bros Z Kai
>>
File: 1347832710103.png (124 KB, 298x467) Image search: [Google]
1347832710103.png
124 KB, 298x467
>>78789926
>>78790247
>>78792370
>>78798280
Spot the jealous /v/irgins who don't know what a Newgrounds is.
>>
I wish he'd decide whether to use hi-res sprites or pixel art. The contrast between the two is a constant distraction that really takes me out of the video.

Also, will he really get a lot of usage out the Jason Griffith voices or will eventually fall back to the other Sonic voices?
>>
>>78799995
Everybody knows what a fucking Newgrounds is, but Newgrounds didn't exactly go around paying people for their shit, did they?
>>
File: wat.jpg (7 KB, 200x232) Image search: [Google]
wat.jpg
7 KB, 200x232
>>78789561
holy shit I was not expecting this shit at all
>>
>>78799995
jealous of what?
>>
>>78789561
Fuck it. I loved it. Alvin is a wierdo and from Twitter a total manchild but goddamn I love this shit.

Looking forward to the rest. Especially the Yoshi Showdown
>>
>>78799995

Fuck right off.
>>
>>78798195

Funny thing is, he considered it. But assumed that there's was already a fan thing using the name and stuck with his original name to assure people it was his own series.
>>
File: 1433778981894.jpg (149 KB, 884x708) Image search: [Google]
1433778981894.jpg
149 KB, 884x708
Okay I'm impressed

I hope he actually finishes the story this time
>>
>>78799995
This post implies that you got laid via knowledge of Flash animations from Newgrounds.
>>
>>78804490
you haven't got laid with your newgrounds cred?
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.