[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How many movies did it take for Pixar to get its popularity?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: pixar-animation-studio-logo.jpg (9 KB, 570x300) Image search: [Google]
pixar-animation-studio-logo.jpg
9 KB, 570x300
How many movies did it take for Pixar to get its popularity?
Was it instantaneous with Toy Story or did it take a few movies?
>>
Toy Story was a huge hit, but it was Finding Nemo that really made the Pixar brand what it is in the eyes of the public.
>>
Toy Story was their door opener and Toy Story 2 was kind of a mistake
>>
I feel like they were already well-established by the time of Bug's Story. But Finding Nemo is what got them the really big critical appeal.
>>
>>78786896
Bug's Life I meant, of course.
>>
>>78781785
they were an Instant success because of their linking with disney
>>
Toy Story was a huge fucking mega hit. Disney support, riding on the coat-tails of The Little Mermaid / Beauty and the Beast / Aladdin / The Lion King did that, to a movie.

>>78782414
Finding Nemo was a tipping point where people realized that Pixar wasn't just a couple pretty good movies by some weird novelty animation studio, but that almost every movie they put out was going to be genuinely memorable in some way. I will concede this. It was also around that time when they started releasing films every year instead of every other year, making Pixar films more of a cultural fixture.They were certainly popular beforehand, but it wasn't the powerhouse it is today.

It should be noted that Toy Story wasn't their first exposure to main stream audiences, though. I'm not even talking about short films- Pixar did TONS of short films in the 90s as a way to keep the studio alive before they had the backing to make a full film, and they got a lot of air time- most people would recognize them, though Pixar wasn't really a name people might recognize at that time, and commercials certainly don't have credits so it makes sense.They're on youtube if you care to find them.
>>
>>78787769
Great, but a small question. What happened to that "The Good Dinosaurs" though? I haven't watched it, but I heard the reception was not so great. Can you explain the reason without spoiling too many things? Thanks
>>
>>78787945
it was supposed to come out several years ago.

the original concept was scrapped, along with the original director and VAs.

Pixar just released it to avoid taking a huge financial loss.
>>
>>78787945
It went through production hell and Pixar wanted it off their list to free up space for other projects probably
>>
>>78788463
>>78789154
thanks for the answers. Anons. They helped.
>>
>>78786896
>>78782414
>>78787769
>Finding Nemo
Really?
It certainly doesn't stand out among any of their other films.
Its good but not great.
>>
>>78781785
They got popular because most of the major movies (Finding Nemo, Incredibles, etc) were released during times when Disney and Dreamworks were putting out shit movies, so Pixar's stuff looked better in comparison.
>>
>>78789271
Fun fact. Everything movement in finding Nemo make hydro dynamic sense.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.