[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How are they going to edge him up for the movies?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 93
Thread images: 14
File: The Flash.jpg (234 KB, 656x343) Image search: [Google]
The Flash.jpg
234 KB, 656x343
How are they going to edge him up for the movies?
>>
>OH GOD I CAN'T STOP GOING FAST
>>
>>78773144
They make him gay.
>>
I don't know about edgy, but for it's little brother Realism they won't be using the Speed Force.
>>
>>78773144
This is a disaster
Poor flash to a gay TV series now to an ugly edgelord and a nig in the comics
>>
Well he's already confirmed to have a taticool armor suit so visually they're done.

It probably depends if they change his current origin or not. The dead mom jailed dad was already the modern attempt at it, but they can always take that a step further. Won't have Joe or the Wests at least. Maybe shitty orphanage.
>>
Edging him up from the tv show would be great.
CW Barry sucks
>>
Theyre going to kill his mother right in front of him, frame his dad and send him to jail
>>
>>78773305
>a nig in the comics
That's Wally, dumbfuck
>>
File: 1451334478122.jpg (197 KB, 1050x950) Image search: [Google]
1451334478122.jpg
197 KB, 1050x950
I don't think they'll "edge him up". His villains maybe, but overall I'm more concerned with what the plot is going to look like. Having a feature length movie of a character run along side a tv series is pretty weird seeing as they are going to have no connection. Are they going to use the same villains? Like what exactly are they going to do to try and differentiate this Flash from Grant Gustin's Flash? And how will that sit with an already established audience?

A lot of concerns, but here's hoping they can pull it off. I have no problem with Ezra being Barry. The blurry concept that supposedly leaked gives me hope. But they better have a plan for how they are going to to make this work. If all else fails Bring up the multiverse in one of the subsequent movies.
>>
no speedforce
hes always seeing everything in slow motion
if he runs too fast his skin begins to peel off
his dad actually killed his mom
orphan
turns his best friend into a reverse flash
>>
>>78773144

Have him go back in time just so he can masturbate in front of his mom
>>
>Barry's mother was cheating on his father, they had several arguments where he'd threaten to kill her, and there is a lot of reasonable evidence that he murdered her.

>Barry feels compelled to prove his innocence, but to everyone and even Barry in his deepest, he's just in a deep state of denial.

>Barry can't handle perceiving the world on slow motion and the effects that it has in his body. Running fast literally kills him inside.

>The Rogues are an Occupy Wall Street-esque movement of new-age criminals that believe in social statements and wax poetical about their high-tech gizmos.

>Central City hates the Flash because Barry causes wanton property damage while GOING FAST.

>No Speed Force, warping space like a black hole instead. Black holes are realistic.

>No support team, Barry is forever alone.

>Barry is introverted, always bullied by chad cops, pissed at the world and wears black tacticool with red accents.
>>
He throws childish, destructive tantrums when things don't go his way and flings his considerable powers around with wild abandon.
>>
File: 1397277557576.gif (171 KB, 375x375) Image search: [Google]
1397277557576.gif
171 KB, 375x375
>>78773198
Got a chuckle, thanks for that.
>>
>>78773738
>Zoom raped Barry's mother and also diddled him in the past.

>He is also Barry's FATHER and BARRY HIMSELF FROM A DIFFERENT POINT IN THE TIMELINE.

>Barry's father had an affair with Iris' mother, so Iris is also Barry's sister, but he only finds out about it after several sexy times.

>Gorilla Grodd EXPANDS DONG.

>Barry is addicted to drugs that numb the pain of going fast.

>Barry provides trumped up evidence for murder cases before the call of heroism.

>Superman is faster than him.
>>
>>78773613
> CW Barry sees DCCU Barry through a portal or something
I'd be fine with that. Good way to promote both the show and the movie and it'd do a good job of distancing the franchises.
>>
the script writers wrote lego movie, 21 jump street and a host of other comedies.

why are we still thinking this will be a serious movie?

Is it too much to imagine different types of movies within the same universe?

Why are you people so fucking stupid?
>>
>>78773613
By making him as different as possible.

>Long black hair.
>Introverted loner.
>Lot of focus on CSI stuff.
>Tech whiz Barry, no support team.
>Armored suit, supposedly with a "post-apocalyptic" feel.
>>
>>78773900

>why are we still thinking this will be a serious movie?

WB-mandated NO JOKES policy stemming from Green Lantern bombing. Seriously.
>>
>>78773900
>the script writers wrote lego movie, 21 jump street and a host of other comedies.

They're not writing the script. They ditched it for HAN SOLO.

Script and direction are up to the ABRAHAM LINCOLN: VAMPIRE HUNTER dude.

Also

>Implying people can only work with one genre.

Fucking David Lynch did The Straight Story.
>>
File: ship it.png (509 KB, 600x846) Image search: [Google]
ship it.png
509 KB, 600x846
>Why do you go so fast, Barry?

>What are you running away from?

My feelings, Bruce. My feelings for you...

cue music:

https://youtu.be/hJb5RvAs4BI
>>
>>78773915
Also no dead mom. That's a Johns thing.
>>
>>78773234
Only retards believe they won't use the Speed Force. They've already got magic and aliens and shit.
>>78773437
Nothing is confirmed, you're a retard too.
>>
>>78773979
>no jokes policy
>still believing it after the Joker and Harley were cast
>still believing it after MMM BOYS Luthor was revealed
>>
Gorilla Grodd is actually a warlord in an african country called Guerrilla Grodd
>>
>>78774090

No -intentional- jokes, anyway.
>>
>>78773979
>post-MMMM BOYS world
>thinking thats actually happening
>>
>>78773234
If they don't use the speed force then it makes less sense because all of the dumb/inconsistent shit can't be handwaved
>>
>>78773144
>IF I GO 2 FAST, I KILL
>>
>>78774025
"Batffleck fucks the DCEU"

It just prints money.
>>
File: DCEU Captain Cold.jpg (166 KB, 514x780) Image search: [Google]
DCEU Captain Cold.jpg
166 KB, 514x780
>Society has grown withered and stagnant. In decades before, when the ecossystem reached an unsustainable peak, the dominating lifeforms were purged through ice. Ice in its purest form represents rebirth. It represents the beginning and the end, the cycle of life. In the cold, our darkest secrets are revealed. Only when we feel by the chilling touch of the frost we know how far we are willing to go to survive, to endure. This weapon is my tool to build a better world, a stronger society. Through absolute zero, I will freeze this decaying, corrupt society and thaw out a new world order. Beautiful, pristine, enduring... Sculpted out of the finest ice.
>>
>>78773808
Goddamn if they had to make Kylo Ren so shit they could have at least gotten a better-looking actor like Miller.
>>
>>78774025

I laughed

then I realized there is a good chance the studio will want to include a gay character for the sake of "diversity" and it will probably be one of the main leaguers
>>
>>78774043
Calm down, Zack.
>>
>>78774212

I'd pay to see it and I'm not even turned on by it
>>
>>78774236
Flash being gay has been rumored for a while.

Zack also wanted to make him latino at one point, apparently.

>>78774231
FUN FACT: Adam Driver auditioned for both Lex Luthor and Barry Allen.
>>
>>78774236
>>78774302
>make Barry or Hal gay
>everyone will assume they both are if they're friends
fuck
>>
>>78774231
He's a weed advocate so they could have included that in the character

Say he uses deathsticks to shut off Anakin's light side ghost like Cade and Luke in Legacy, instead of whining about the light side despite not showing any signs of it.
>>
File: Thawne.jpg (19 KB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
Thawne.jpg
19 KB, 400x225
>>78774212

>Bruce ends up breaking Thawne's heart
>Thawne goes back in time to kill Bruce's parents instead of Joe Chill

IT WAS ME BRUCE!
>>
>>78774302
I remember when Driver was rumored for Nightwing.
>>
They started that long ago by killing Barry's parents and having his enemy fuck his past at every turn.
>>
>>78773996
they were confirmed for story treatment, what was up in the air was director which isn't happening now because of han solo.
>>
>>78774351

>Wacky antics ensue
>>
>>78774488
>Blue & Gold film
>"Michael we've got to change it up, all of the media seems to think we're doing the whole ambiguously gay duo thing"
>"Yeah, everyone'll think we're just ripping on GL & Flash's schtick, can't sell that"
>Flash runs over carrying Hal
>pic related with Barry and hal
>>
File: Batsupes.jpg (42 KB, 533x749) Image search: [Google]
Batsupes.jpg
42 KB, 533x749
>>78774277
It just might happen.
>>
>>78774444
The people rumored for Nightwing were actually auditioning for Barry. Miller, Driver and Gossip Girl's Penn Badgley.

>>78774486
Seth Grahame-Smith is confirmed to write the movie, so whatever they wrote, if they wrote anything, is getting ditched just like Goyer's BvS script.
>>
>>78774687
The treatment is separate from the script. Treatment is similar to a pitch.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Film_treatment

Regardless if they're actually writing or not, WB picking them to do a draft shows that they're interested in a more comedic take.

Also the no jokes thing is bullshit, has that turned into a meme? We just saw some jokes in the last BvS trailer.
>>
File: JWS_Flash.jpg (60 KB, 720x867) Image search: [Google]
JWS_Flash.jpg
60 KB, 720x867
Are we going to ignore that the 90s Flash wasn't edgy as shit?
>>
>>78774989
*was
>>
>>78774351
But they both are
>>
>>78774886
They were not mentioned when Smith was announced either.
>>
>>78774236
Would anyone care if it was Cyborg? He is not iconic enough, he doesn't have that much of established love interests, and black gay guy would be double the progressive points.
>>
>>78773543
He's just a retard who wants things to complain about. Ignore him.
>>
>>78774886
It doesn't really prove anything, bro. People can write more than a genre.
>>
>>78773650
We need to talk about Kevin reference, nice
>>
>>78773888

>CW team sees emoflash
>Crisco says he looks retarded
>emoflash gives him the finger
>RF flips emoflash off with the hand hes sticking through Crisco's chest
>>
>>78774989
It really wasn't edgy at all.
>>
>>78774989
Yeah. Central by night was more like Gotham, he killed people and his brother Jay Garrick was Uncle Ben'd in the pilot.
>>
>>78773144
they turn him into Speedball/Penance
>>
>>78775285
It's the edgiest the Flash can get while keeping the same concepts and villains
>>
>>78775159
That's certainly true but why would WB go out of their way to hire a comedy writer to do a treatment, and then hire another comedy & absurd literature writer to do a hard boiled sci fi realistic take (going off man of steel) on a super hero?

I'd be more worried about Flash being shit than it's genre or tone. I don't feel comfortable having a person who's literally never directed a film taking the reigns.
>>
>>78773738
>>The Rogues are an Occupy Wall Street-esque movement of new-age criminals that believe in social statements and wax poetical about their high-tech gizmos.

Holy fuck i could actually see someone thinking that was a good idea.
>>
>>78774231
You missed the point of the character.

Stupid fuck.
>>
File: 1408030256514.png (336 KB, 529x353) Image search: [Google]
1408030256514.png
336 KB, 529x353
>>78773738
>>78773853
>>78775738
>tfw there are Earths in the Multiverse where all these things are real
>>
File: TC6Bo4k[1].gif (1 MB, 550x311) Image search: [Google]
TC6Bo4k[1].gif
1 MB, 550x311
>>78774219
>>
>>78775803
Different Anon, but we can still be disappointed. They wanted a character who explicitly tries to be Vader and fails at it, and they succeed at that. Does that mean we can't be annoyed that we didn't get an intimidating antagonist?
>>
>>78773853
I remember one anon suggesting that CW Grodd would be an African warlord called Guerrilla Grodd. It's much more fitting here.
>>
Last rumor I heard was Daniel West Reverse Flash being the antagonist, described as a speed force energy monster. But I'd love it if they went straight to Captain Cold. A guy who respects Barry, and tries to kill him not because it's personal, but business. And it would be refreshing since he's not some world ending threat. Hell, he could even star in a Suicide Squad sequel or something.
>>
>>78776409
>and tries to kill him
Cold doesn't try and kill Barry though? Or are you talking about changing the comic version so that he does?

They dropped a trick by not putting a good Flash villain in suicide squad. You could build up the villain in that movie, have him earn freedom, and then fight against the Flash in his standalone move.

With that development of the villain already done you get a lot more in movie time to do cool stuff.

I don't like the idea of Daniel West being the villain but I can see why they will go that way. Problem is the resolution of the Daniel West saga falls really flat, if they put that on the big screen it will be a disaster.
>>
>>78773613
I love how not only is there a TV series running at the same time but rather than compliment each other they will basically be competing with one another, the movie will likely restrict what the series can do and will itself be restricted because they cant be similar even if being similar is benefical to the characters. DC is a fucking mess.
>>
>>78776569
Well Snart has a code of honor that states he only kills if it's kill or be killed, or for personal vendetta. He's an average joe villain who only tries to make a living. But for the sake of the movie I could see him willing to kill Barry just to ensure his freedom/financial future. So maybe you could tweak it a bit where he only gets lethal the more Barry pushes him?
>>
>>78777113
Problem with that is that Cold has stated previously he doesn't want to kill the Flash because it would put him on the radar of the Justice League (who are in this universe too).

Cold doesn't want to take down Flash because of the heat it would bring. He doesn't ensure a future, he ensures his demise.
>>
>>78777274
That's true. Maybe the cat and mouse game is enough, it's certainly different than the usual ruthless bad guy we see. Though one change is sadly needed, and it's the design. He's going to need a full body protective suit because of the cold field his weapon gives off. You can still have the hood and eyewear, but a DCEU Snart needs a better excuse than the CW version as to why he can go up against such a ridiculously strong opponent.
>>
>>78773234
>aliens
>magic
>crocodile men

Why is this "DCEU is realistic so no goofy comic shit" meme still a thing?
>>
>>78777499
I think the best villain is one that isn't a speedster and doesn't depower the Flash.

It's a bit of a copout to watch a movie of the fastest man alive when he isn't the fastest man alive.

Mirror master would do really well for example. Grodd probably doesn't fit in universe very well.
>>
>>78773543
He still carries the mantle of the flash
>>
>>78777677
Wally isn't the Flash in the comics at the moment though?
>>
>>78773915
That's sound so fucking horrible.
>>
>>78773915
>Long black hair.
He has short hair in the concept they showed.
>Introverted loner.
Meme
>Lot of focus on CSI stuff.
Meme
>Tech whiz Barry, no support team.
Meme
>Armored suit, supposedly with a "post-apocalyptic" feel.
Shitty rumor. If anything, based Wilkinson's Flash outfit will more accurate than the show.
>>
File: racer.jpg (352 KB, 1358x802) Image search: [Google]
racer.jpg
352 KB, 1358x802
>>78774351
they should just make them both gay or bi and then they can hook up in JL2
>>
>>78777599
Well it's not a serious nerf really if you think about it. He only slows him down enough to get a shot and even then he's moving pretty fast.
>>
>>78777926
>tfw Red Racer and the rest of Justice 9 will never be used for anything ever again
It hurts
>>
>>78778033
It just feels like a cop out to watch a super hero movie where the super heros power is removed.

Some creative writing and we get to see Flash using the full extent of his powers to overcome a problem.
>>
>>78778077
I know anon, I know

on the bright side, nobody can kill them off or break them up if they aren't using them!
>>
>>78778170
Well like you said, Mirror Master is another strong candidate, and he hasn't appeared on the CW so that's a plus. With him you need to be really creative with portals and mirror clones. That, and stress how fast Barry is since MM has light based weapons too
>>
>>78778393
Regardless of who the villain is. The writing has to be amazing. The Flash is exceptionally powerful and if written poorly he will either look like a jobber, a bumbling idiot or there will be no tension.

Mirror Master setting traps, using illusions, sending him on wild goose chases could all be cool things to do.

I would love a big bait and switch if it's trickster. Set up another villain and then right as a buy it turns out the Trickster had us and Barry all along.
>>
Man, a Flash movie should just be a Captain Cold gathering up all of Flash's enemies to form the Rogues

Like, he's tired of Flash always stopping him so he goes about forming this group, the first real group, of criminals on a team with one goal. To kill the Flash. Sure, most of them are good on their own, but together they make a real threat

And then Flash comes in and is initially beaten the shit out of by his zany list of foes before being put in a Speed-Proof jail by Zoom or somebody (I say Zoom knowing he isn't that connected to the Rogues as he's the only guy with enough info on speedforce to make that type of jail) where Barry has to use some zany shenanigans to get out. Hell, maybe the movie's all about family on both sides and in the end Barry has to ask for help from all of HIS friends too. Get Wally, Jay, the whole gang! And the end fight is this big super-brawl where the Speedsters have to use their wits to trick the rest of the rogues to use their powers against themselves. Boomer's Boomerang hits Mirror Master's Mirror, Heatwave's fire melts Cold's ice, etc
>>
>>78778566
>group, of criminals on a team with one goal. To kill the Flash
But that is canonically the last thing the rogues want to do.

Not to mention you can't introduce the whole rogues gallery, Prof Zoom (who I assume you meant, not Zoom), Jay and Wally and expect the audience to keep up.
>>
>>78778566
Yeah that seems like a clusterfuck for a DC characters first movie. Daniel West RF works as a matching speedster who you can kill off without little consequence, and either Cold or Mirror Master can hold a film by themselves.
>>
>>78773144
They'll make him a druggie and call him Speedy and it turns out he's actually Roy Harper, who has gained speed powers and brainwashed to think he's The Flash. Whilst the real Flash is hunting for Professor Zoom.
>>
>>78778850
>Punished Flash
>>
File: Flash n Supes.jpg (564 KB, 1024x1600) Image search: [Google]
Flash n Supes.jpg
564 KB, 1024x1600
>>78773853
>Superman is faster than him

Too fucking far

Also, why not just pretend that the DCCU is just Earth 3? We get to see the heroes' descent into darkness and how they eventually become perceived as the villains.

Zod did nothing wrong
Thread replies: 93
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.