[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sleepless Domain
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: 1452181451-01.jpg (630 KB, 800x1227) Image search: [Google]
1452181451-01.jpg
630 KB, 800x1227
> Our hero, now threatening the press with her powers.

Startin' to get real tired of your shit, Undine.
>>
>>78767453
I just started reading.
Is the pink one inhabiting the blue one's body now?
>>
>>78767631
No, she's still alive, basically crippled herself to stop this walking Mood Swing from dying
>>
>Super serious grimdark magical girls

what an original concept

I love Cagle's autobiograpical stuff, but man, her fictional comics are just kind of poor.
>>
>>78767453
Link and summery please?
>>
>>78773860
http://www.sleeplessdomain.com/comic/chapter-1-cover

Magical girls are commonplace, have their own industry, and are a necessary asset.

So far, looks like the story is following one particular group of girls.
>>
>>78770342
>I love Cagle's autobiograpical stuff, but man, her fictional comics are just kind of poor.

She's just a really poor writer. A lot of people can just wing those short autobiographical comics since they don't actually have to come up with anything on their own. As long as something mildly interesting happens during their week they can just illustrate that, and boom, comic.
"I'm teaching children in a very different culture"-makes it extra easy to score interest points, since you just need to point out differences in customs and silly things children do. A cultural misunderstanding happened? Great story! Japanese kid wears shirt that says "slut"? Add reaction face and you have gold!
>>
>>78767453
> Let's harass a teenage girl who just lost the majority of her friends to a violent death!

Nah, fuck the paparazzi. That last page was even colder though. Memorial sale basically just equals "Well those bitches are dead, better clear the shelves for that new hotness!"
>>
>>78770342
People generally compare it to Madoka, which is fair, but I like that they're known and in the open. The girls have a celebrity status and they fight a threat that the public knows about. Looking forward to seeing how the story develops, but it probably won't go as dark as I hope.
>>
This reminds me of another webcomic I've seen here. Something like, its the normal modern world, except there are magical girls and they're an accepted part of society, and it's about a woman whose a retired magical girl and she's working in an office or something, and the comic starts off with her using her powers to beat up some guy that hit on her. Anyone know what I'm talking about?
>>
>>78784013
I've seen bits of it posted, but I can't remember the name. It was interesting enough that I wanted to see more.
>>
File: 1432643113-17.jpg (978 KB, 800x1227) Image search: [Google]
1432643113-17.jpg
978 KB, 800x1227
This page bothers me for some reason. Like the direction in it.

This is an action scene with no real 'impact' with the fire, so it doesn't give me an impression that it's all that powerful. Like you can still have the monster shrug it off, but I don't like that she's doing it in the same panel? Also I don't like how it goes from her flying across the screen to already recovered in the crater.

I'm just trying to make sense of why this page bothers me.
>>
>>78784486
the crater? it punches her into a window or something, in a standing position. She never even fell down. You can see it cracked behind her. That's why she's already "recovered"
>>
>>78779721
There's "Go fuck yourself" and then there's "Go fuck yourself, I'm going to wave what is basically a loaded gun in your face"
>>
>>78784771
She's walking around with the fresh trauma. Look at her face in the second panel; she's clearly unhinged.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.