[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Lois & Clark Is Only Eight Issues Long
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 4
File: STK688709-600x923.jpg (200 KB, 600x923) Image search: [Google]
STK688709-600x923.jpg
200 KB, 600x923
>Dan Jurgensconfirmed Lois & Clark is only an 8 issues mini

When were you when Pre-Flashpoint storylines die?
I was sat at home reading Nu52 trades when Didio ring
'Post-Crisis is kill'
'no'

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/01/06/lois-clark-is-only-eight-issues-long/

(I bet it's because the same fags who whine about muh previous continuity never bought this book to begin with ah!)
>>
>>78733502
>I bet it's because the same fags who whine about muh previous continuity never bought this book to begin with ah!)
This, none of those people were willing to put their money where their mouths are
>>
>>78733502
>Telos now 6 issues
>Lois & Clark now 8 issues

Has Titans Hunt been cut yet or are they just gonna let that one run 12 issues?
>>
>>78733502
>I bet it's because the same fags who whine about muh previous continuity never bought this book to begin with ah!)

Where is wally?
>>
>>78733502
It's going to cross over with Superman before it's done. I just hop they don't kill off Supes, it's nice having two Clarks flying about.
They can kill nu-Lois and replace her with milf Lois though.
>>
>>78733502
>(I bet it's because the same fags who whine about muh previous continuity never bought this book to begin with ah!)
To be fair, those people may have not known about the book, thanks to DC's spectacular marketing.
>>
>>78733605
He's gone m8 get used to it.
Speaking of which I wonder when pre-crisis Barry is gonna show up.
>>
>>78733502
>Superbook by Jurgens featuring people from the old continuity
I though this was "Hit" Like rich was saying on the other articles
>>
>>78733502
Shit. I hope we get some kind of 'Supermen' book out of this where we get twice the Clark. I just want a bearded Superman to last dammit.
>>
>>78733778
They are crossing over so the most likely explanation is that Old-Clark is going to 'retire' and just hang out in the background.
>>
>>78733593
Nothing on it yet, but it may be used to reboot the Teen Titans yet (especially since it has been confirmed DC will restart existing books under a new name at #1 in May). Time will tell.

>>78733778
>>78733925
You just KNOW they're going to kill the book, let Old Clark linger into the continuity and then use him back in the next HUGE crisis (9 issues long!) where Old Clark will die in issue #7.
Then all the Nu52 heroes will be "this was a real human bean, let's counter the motherfuckers who did this" and this will be Didio's way of passing the baton from one continuity to another.
POTTERY
>Screencap this
>>
>>78733925
>>78733925
>retires
>next crossover event
>world going to shit
>planet burning
>villain is beating up on the JL
>Old Clark is at home doing the dishes.
>i sure am glad i retired
>>
File: 037.jpg (11 KB, 288x306) Image search: [Google]
037.jpg
11 KB, 288x306
>>78734291
>>
The book is written by Jurgens, who's extremely bland, and is set in the New 52 universe. Do you guys really think that the people who argue against the New 52 would buy this? Old Clark doesn't even wear the undies anymore.

I'm not saying this as someone who hates the Nu52, i'm just pointing out the obvious.
>>
File: best joker.png (29 KB, 271x270) Image search: [Google]
best joker.png
29 KB, 271x270
>>78734291
>>
>>78734285
That will probably happen
>>
>>78733502
>I bet it's because the same fags who whine about muh previous continuity never bought this book to begin with ah!

And in this case I wouldn't blame them, since it's a very different and retarded concept than just telling stories with the previous continuity.
>>
>>78734285
Or alternatively, we'll have new writers coming in that have a hankering for the Bronze Age rather than the Silver Age and we'll get some sweet Legacy characters back.

It'll happen sooner than you think
>>
>>78734748
What in the hell are you talking about ?
>>
>>78734285
>You just KNOW they're going to kill the book, let Old Clark linger into the continuity and then use him back in the next HUGE crisis (9 issues long!) where Old Clark will die in issue #7.
>Then all the Nu52 heroes will be "this was a real human bean, let's counter the motherfuckers who did this" and this will be Didio's way of passing the baton from one continuity to another.
>POTTERY
>Yfw Old Clark is talking to Bruce
>"Was Dick Grayson a better man on your Earth?"
>"Yes"
>"Destroy it all"
>>
>>78735217
Not again
>>
>>78734528
Yeah right. This book was DOA the minute they put Jurgens on the title honestly, you'd need a more popular writer to gather interest in this title really.

That actually goes for all the post-Convergence titles honestly (as much as I like Dan Abnett his name is not much of a draw to anyone).

It was also announced as a mini-series and those usually sell poorly as well and it probably didn't help attaching this project to Convergence, which most retailers were apparently burnt out on with having back issues that no one fucking bought.
>>
>>78734748
>Thinking Wally will eventually come back
>Thinking Connor Hawke will eventually come back
>Thinking Kyle will eventually be significant again
>Thinking Steph will eventually be significant again
>Thinking Superboy will eventually not be a meme character again
>Thinking Wonder Girl will eventually not be a meme character again
I wish that were true, but you're delusional if you believe this will ever happen
>>
>>78735217
>Destroy it all
The twist!

>It was also announced as a mini-series
No it wasn't
>>
>>78735688
Yo for real most of these characters (the ones still around anyway) hit their peak years ago and will never ever reach those highs again possibly for a very, very long time.
>>
>>78733727
COIE Kara is still MIA too

Then again I don't think anybody cares that much about another Kara or Barry, they aren't as different from their counterparts as Supes and Parallax are
>>
>>78734748
>we'll have new writers coming in that have a hankering for the Bronze Age rather than the Silver Age
There were barely any legacy characters in the bronze age
>>
>>78735769
>Cassie's been shit for more than a decade

Why can't she be like how she was in YJ? ;_;
>>
>>78735973
It's weird to me because it seems most legacy characters seem to start off pretty strong but then have a hard crash as time goes on.

Meanwhile guys like Superman and Batman will have a rough patch here and there but normally manage to bounce back eventually.
>>
>>78735884
IMO pre-crisis Barry around the time of CoIE is a lot more different from current Barry than post-crisis Supes is from current Supes.
>>
>>78733502
Did we ever get Issues 2 or 3 storytimed?
>>
>>78733502
I dont really care, old multi-verse is dead, so why should I give a fuck about Pre-Flashpoint Supes in New 52 world?
>>
>>78736194
we did, surprise! no one cared
>>
>>78736429
;_;
I don't remember seeing it. I would have loved to read it.
>>
>>78733502
For the love of God, stop giving Dan Jurgens work DC, every book you fucking put him on tanks.
>>
>>78734285
...didn't something like that already happen with old Clark from Kingdom Come?
>>
>>78736540
Jurgens is only popular because of "MUH BOOSTER" if he had never made Booster he probably wouldn't still be around today.
>>
>>78735217
>implying Bruce would ever believe that
>implying spy Dick isn't best Dick
Get out.
>>
>>78734696
>>78736356

/thread
>>
>>78736087
Well Superman and Batman specifically are too well known and big of moneymakers to replace permanently or to be written like shit for too long.

But most legacy characters get some spotlight on them and that's when they start growing as a character because they barely have any character to begin with. And they HAVE to be written well or else fans will reject them. Of course they may get rejected regardless if the previous person who held the mantle is well liked and/or got removed/killed unjustly. And after while it just wears off, people upstairs decide to just end the book, the writer of their book finishes their run, something new comes along for fans to care about, etc.

So yeah typically a legacy character starts off strong but then they just hit a wall and get tossed into the main franchise's book, limbo, or a team book. If their individual sales stay strong then the next writer will undoubtedly just repeat the character arc from before or will just fuck them up in order to do something different.
>>
He tweeted this out like a week ago. Why are people only noticing now?
>>
>>78736612
You're thinking of Earth-2 superman. He died in infinite crisis.
>>
>>78736087
I think its due to the fact legacy character are allowed to mature and evolve
Like Bruce must always be muh batman, whereas Dick can evolve from yougling robin to teenage nightwing to an adult Batman then an adult nightwing running a circus and then a city fair, and finally become a spy.
Same with Jason who can come back from death and then become an angry angsty rage-edge-meister (and could become a homeless transexual fire-inducing mutant if needed).

Legacy characters are awesome because they have a coherent storyline spanning for decades. Then when they hit the conclusion of this storyline (ie: Wally going from Kid Flash to Flash and from single man to family man) there should be the end, neat and sharp. But since Comic Companies need to sell, they use these characters past their coherent lifes and outlive their coherency, hence the shitty characters we end up with.
>>
>>78736472
it's still up >>78550347
>>
>>78736773
>(and could become a homeless transexual fire-inducing mutant if needed).

Don't give the SJWs any ideas.
>>
>>78736623
I'm assuming he must be pretty popular with the higher-ups at DC but certainly not with the comic book viewing audience at large. The sales of Convergence: Lois and Clark are a testament to that.
>>
>>78736623
>Jurgens is only popular because of "MUH BOOSTER"
Are we ignoring the fact that he also wrote one of the best selling comic book story lines in modern history.
>>
>>78736952
Jim lee beat him 8 million.
>>
I know TItans Hunt was originally slated for 12 issues but did they say anything about this and Telos?
>>
>>78736664
>>78736773
Hmm, yes.

You summed it all up a lot better than I ever could have, I think you hit the nail on the head, Anons.
>>
>>78736624

Post-Crisis Dick was fucking Batman and the leader of Justice League, though.
>>
>>78737039
Telos is six issues now but we don't know about Titans Hunt yet.
>>
>>78737084
...we don't talk about James Robinson's Justice League, Anon.

But yes Dickbats is best Bats.
>>
>>78736999
Doesn't change the fact that DoS was massively successful event. Successful enough for him to keep getting work in the industry even if he only churns out mediocrity.
>>
>>78737084
And Dickbats was written like shit in like half of the stuff he appeared it. Like JLA.
>>
>>78737147
I found him to be a better artist than writer.
>>
>>78737147
It's so shit though. I guess Scott Lobdell should keep getting work too because of X-Men.
>>
>>78737190
Stern was the heavyweight on Death and Return
>>
>>78737200
Unfortunately that's how comics work. Look at Miller, DC is still sucking his dick despite the awful shitfest that was TDSKA and ASB&R.
>>
>>78737362
>ASBAR
>awful shitfest
>>
>>78737362
But at least Frank Miller still sells.You can't just say the same for Dan Jurgens or Scott Lobdell though.
>>
>>78737415
It's amazing how ASBAR is a tale of a broken Bats to happy to finally share what he has with a mind as juvenile as his own, but only fails to connect to it because of his maddened state
>true tragedy
>>
>>78738197
And drives said kid insane without really meaning to because the kid's 12, and then he doesn't know how to fix him.

>tfw accidentally fuck up a kid and the other dies
>true tragedy
>>
>>78737147
Writing that book doesn't make him popular though, he doesn't have the rep to sell on name alone.
>>
I'm actually enjoying this book. Definitely the best Supes book for now. I hope they bring on more minis from Convergence. Maybe a Question by Rucka next.
>>
>>78740375
>Rucka
Frankly I don't get the love this guy gets.
>>
>>78740432
Who else does even come to mind for writing Montoya?
>>
>>78736612
>>78736743
Actually KC Supes jumped dimensions and was hanging around with the Justice Society for a little while. Surprisingly he made it back home without dying.
>>
>>78740375
Yes but that is not saying much when the Superman line is piss poor across the board.

Fucking DC editorial on Superman is shit.
>>
>>78740375
Man, when Dan Jurgens is putting out your best Superman book then you know you're fucking up. Someone save Superman from this POS.
>>
>>78740788
Someone that hasn't written her before? You do realize that every "best run" on a character is done by a new guy, not someone that previously worked on the character, took a break, and then came back, right?
>>
>>78740432
Frankly, the only things that I genuinely liked from him were Checkmate and Batwoman, and the latter had Williams co plotting, so...
Rest I either find underwhelming as fuck, boring or just okay.
Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.