[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you make friends in real life with people that also like
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 11
How do you make friends in real life with people that also like comics and cartoons if you don't go to school anymore, you don't have a job, you live alone and you're not sociable enough to talk to strangers without the assistance of drugs but you're trying to stay off the cool drugs now?

I just want someone I can share my life with.
>>
You can't. Unless you've got some other method other than work or school you can use to regularly interact with folks

Maybe a local con, if you have any
>>
File: 1395595990113.png (24 KB, 157x159) Image search: [Google]
1395595990113.png
24 KB, 157x159
>>78664358
You literally can't
>>78664387
A con would be cool I guess but it's literally full of weird people, I only went one time and regretted it
>>
Internet Forums
>>
>>78664358
Just get a job, anon. It's not that hard if you at least have a highschool diploma
>>
>>78664438
this, trust me you don't want to meet nerds in real life
>>
File: 1363461296385.gif (531 KB, 248x208) Image search: [Google]
1363461296385.gif
531 KB, 248x208
>>78664358
How do you make friends in real life with manchildren
...Why would you want that?
>>
>>78664438
The only internet social thing I use is 4chan. I don't use Facebook, Reddit, anything else. I don't think I have enough interest in things to use an internet forum, unless there is something for /co/ and /v/ type stuff that is good.

>>78664457
I don't have a high school diploma. I didn't go to school after grade 8 because I was being stabbed too much. I don't need to work though. I'm financially stable.
>>
>>78664542
I didn't recommend getting a job for the money,you know. I met most of my "friends" while working.
>>
>>78664592
What kind of job do 22 year olds usually have? I worked in a warehouse for a while but it was all older people in late 30s to 50s and I didn't fit it at all so I didn't make friends. I used to do grounds-keeping for this old guy. I liked that. His wife made me sandwiches and would make me dinner. It made me happy.
>>
>>78664663
Manual labor ain't too bad if you get a social connection along with it. It's kinda what humans evolved for.
>>
>>78664457
>>implying
Not every work environment will yield interesting and agreeable people. Most of my co-workers are women over the age of 40. Two are old enough to be grandmothers. We don't have much in common other than occupying the same geographical area. I've only met one person who was interested in comics and he turned out to be sort of a passive aggressive asshole.
>>
>>78664663
I'm currently 26 and stuck at a dead end office job. Most of my peers are 20-30 and we usually get along nicely
>>
What's a "friends"?

Is it food?
>>
>>78664858
Shut the fuck up boco
Go away
>>
>>78665101

Yes sir...
>>
File: 1445315147832.jpg (68 KB, 540x552) Image search: [Google]
1445315147832.jpg
68 KB, 540x552
>>78664858

l i t e r a l l y w
i W H O
t H
eO
r
a
l
l
y
>>
Go to your local comic book store once a week or so. If you buy a lot of books, the staff will probably take a liking to you.
>>
>>78664663
If you can multitask and cook, get a GED then a degree in biology and apply at any laboratories. Unrelated degrees are surprisingly effective in science industries.
>>
>>78664358
Where do you live OP?
>>
Brice happy with yourself and they will come. Be friendly be active.
>>
File: blogshit.jpg (62 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
blogshit.jpg
62 KB, 500x500
Cool blog.
>>>/r9k/
>>>/b/
>>>/out/
>>
>>78665252
shut the fuck up. you clearly didn't live one day in the real world
>>
>>78664358
I wonder this too. So far I haven't had any luck. Not even when going to comic book shops. Maybe I should move to a bigger city.
>>
I too struggle with having friends now that I'm out of school. The weird thing for me is I know there are a lot of girls I would get along great with out there, I have a lot friends who are in great relationships similar to the kind of like to have, but I have no idea how the fuck I'm ever going to meet the people who are compatible with me since my interests are so solitary.

And being honest about what I'm looking for in a dating site profile would just make me look pathetic to 99% of people.
>>
>>78664358
>you don't go to school anymore, you don't have a job
Disgusting NEETs.
>>
>>78664358
Get a job or something. Just being around people daily makes it easier to meet people.

Personally I'm shit at it and have very few friends. The OP filename is something I very much relate to.
>>
>>78664542
>because I was being stabbed too much
wha?
>>
File: laughing telepaths.png (730 KB, 549x583) Image search: [Google]
laughing telepaths.png
730 KB, 549x583
>>78665252
>>
>>78664663
you wanna make friends with young people, get a job in retail like at a mall or something
>>
>>78664358
get your liquor license then get a job as a bartender. you'll pick up social skills really quick.
>>
>>/lgbt/
>>
>>78664531
Because OP is a manchild, dumbass.
>>
>>78667017
not OP, but this did not work for me. Probably socially autistic. fuck
>>
Man up and go out and talk to people
>How do I talk to people but I'm not sociable enough to talk to people
Go to a comic or videogame store. Go where nerds hang out.
>>
File: What the fuck am I MRGRGRing.jpg (70 KB, 850x863) Image search: [Google]
What the fuck am I MRGRGRing.jpg
70 KB, 850x863
>Friends
>Real life

What
>>
File: kill me inkling.jpg (29 KB, 336x371) Image search: [Google]
kill me inkling.jpg
29 KB, 336x371
>mfw the only place close that I can actually get at is a fucking Meat Factory
>>
>>78664358
I had remarkably good results, years ago, back before I had given up on going outside, and had money, by going into the right hangout dive bar, and daring anyone to object when I switched a large screen tv to good cartoons, every day.
>>
OP here. I went to the butcher shop and tried to talk to people about Samurai Jack but nobody knew what it was.
>>
>>78673729
Seriously. I only remember someone trying to start trouble once, and they were too scared that I might actually be crazy...but I got laid several times by people who wanted to know what I was watching, why, and what was going on.
>>
>>78673729
>>78673824
It is easier if they get sucked in themselves, and want the low-down on what the hell they are watching (funny that you mention a Tartakovsky show....).
>>
>>78664358
>I just want someone I can share my life with
Don't bother. The vast majority of people you will meet IRL that claim to be nerdy will actually be leddit tier normies who don't know shit.
Men are equally guilty of this. I showed a guy from work a copy of Black Hole a couple weeks ago and he called it a hentai manga because a girl on a random page wasn't wearing pants.
At least on 4chan people know the fucking difference, even if there is a ratio of 100:1 posts talking shit about something you actually care about.
>>
>>78665175
I do but all the staff hate comic books, and well me. They're prudish assholes I can't talk to them about anything but they're the only store nearby. I hate existence.
>>
>>78664358
we're probably the closest thing you will have to friends

i've felt no closer connection than to anonymous messages on an anonymous message board
>>
>>78664358
Isn't this amazing? Isn't everything amazing?
>>
>>78677151
I only feel that way since on an anonymous image board lets me be totally open with my weird kinks and other things I wouldn't tell people about myself irl.

I suppose if you had a girl who you could tell that stuff too and who was understanding about it you'd feel close to her too.
>>
>>78670355

Would you get some free meat?
>>
>>78664358
>I just want someone I can share my life with
In all honesty OP, I don't think you do. Otherwise you'd be trying to find that person.

What I think it's more likely you've done is create a fantasy of what "sharing your life with someone" is like during the time you've been alone that in the back of your mind you know no real experience or person can ever live up to, and you'll only be disappointed when that happens.

Welcome to Waifu Club.
>>
>>78664358
Op what's your skype name
want to talk to someone else who has seen it's such a beautiful day
>>
File: 1417650097564.jpg (121 KB, 720x576) Image search: [Google]
1417650097564.jpg
121 KB, 720x576
>live in st pete
>expect a bunch of places to meet artbros and broads
>it's all a bunch of obnoxious degenerate hipsters who "just like, trip out while I vape, maaaan"
>closest comic shop is in another town, too broke to even get a bus ride there, looking for jobs that I can't even apply to because I need to get my GED to get anything that isn't shitty temp jobs

I just want someone to talk about horror movies with
>>
>>78664358

Just bee urself :^)
>>
>>78664358
I keep opening this thread by accident cause I think it's about It's Such a Beutiful Day.

Sorry bout the feels OP

>>78673824
It's interesting how Hertzfeldt used this concept in other things before putting it in World Of Tomorrow.
>The End of the World
>DVD case for it's such a beutiful day (if I remember correctly)
>>
>>78664358
But you already have us.
>>
>>78680794
russia?
>>
>>78664457
jobs are a terrible place to meet people
>>
>>78677151
This pretty hard
>>78679918
That's how I used to feel about IRC. then my close-knit group of buds 15-years strong all decided to turn into drugged-out SJW assholes. I'm pretty much done living now, there's nothing in this world for me.
>>78680303
why settle for less than your fantasy?
>>78664358
in any case, I'll be your friend OP
>>
>>78676442
Find a different LCS. That sounds gay as hell, the first one I started frequenting had really good staff and I'm still friends with all of them despite moving a few years back.
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.