[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who's Oliver North?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 100
Thread images: 16
File: Oliver North.png (271 KB, 572x392) Image search: [Google]
Oliver North.png
271 KB, 572x392
Who's Oliver North?
>>
>>78647772
He's a hero, and a novelist, AND NOW HE'S ON FOX NEWS
>>
>>78647772

In the 80 it was Cold War drama
>>
>>78647772
A man who took an oath to uphold the constitution of the United States and then wiped his ass with it. So, yeah, Fox News seems like a place where he can sell his bile without the inconvenience of fact checking.
>>
>>78650559
oooh the edge
the constitution must be broken to save lives. every single time there is even a possibility of a possibility
but you're too busy warping and twisting it to protect only those you have been taught to care about, no matter whom else they want to hurt
>>
>>78651746
Yup. Oliver North and Reagan were completely concerned with saving lives. No ulterior motives for breaking all kinds of laws and contributing to several terrorist groups.
>>
>>78651746
>the constitution must be broken to save lives
I want the alphabet agencies to leave.
>>
>>78651876
>>>/tumblr/
>>
>>78648158

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpZbbOgjhPc

"Because what they'd done was technically high treason!"
>>
File: discussion.jpg (165 KB, 1400x755) Image search: [Google]
discussion.jpg
165 KB, 1400x755
>>78651746
>It's okay for the government to ignore the constitution as long as they use the proper pretense.
>>
>>78648107
God damn that ending line is brilliant. Makes me laugh my ass off.
>>
>>78651746
>the constitution must be broken to save lives.

Glad to hear you agree with changing the 2nd amendment to enact gun control laws. Never thought I'd see that on 4chan, but it's nice to know at least one person around here has a sensible head on their shoulders.
>>
>>78652497
>Glad to hear you agree with changing the 2nd amendment to enact gun control laws

Gun control laws on what?
>>
>>78652516
We need to disarm in particular white supremacist militias.
>>
>>78652642
Would you also argue that guns need to be taken away from the Mexican Mafia and MS-13? You seem to be singling out whites in particular.
>>
>>78652516
Why are you taking his bait? It's not even good bait.
>>
>>78652055
>I got btfo so I'll just say >>>/tumblr/

>inb4 "who are you quoting"
>>
>>78652674
Perhaps however I'd argue that WSMs are the greater danger because at least those Mexican gangs are somewhat excusable due to poverty.
>>
File: 20f.png (158 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
20f.png
158 KB, 625x626
Man, this thread went to shit in record time.
>>
>>78652707
If you wish to be fair and objective, you would then also complain about the hundreds of incidents in which Obama has broken the law and ignored the Constitution.
>>
>>78652753
Not him, but why would you want to be fair and objective?
>>
>>78652867
Because the Tumblrina here seems to be awfully asshurt about something that happened before he was even born while completely failing to acknowledge the vast amounts of corruption/lawbreaking/abuse of power since 2009.

Now if he were just like oh well, all politicians are crooks, I could respect that. But he comes off in a way that clearly marks him as a partisan Democrat shill.
>>
>>78652131
Well, it's worked for Obama for eight years now and no one has said anything.
>>
>>78653315
Well they have, but they just get shut up and accused of racism.
>>
Anyone else think Jeff is the absolute worst fucking character on the show? Or is it like a Peggy Hill thing where I'm supposed to hate them?
>>
>>78653431
I like Jeff, he has his moments.
>>
>>78653431
Jeff is way better than Hayley everyday of the week bro.
>>
File: 1446476695958.jpg (282 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
1446476695958.jpg
282 KB, 1920x1200
>>78652709
>This is what liberals actually believe.
>>
File: image.jpg (46 KB, 196x225) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
46 KB, 196x225
>>78652055
>the reason 9/11 happened, arming, training, and backing Osama bin laden, among countless others, against the USSR, who was at that point at most a rival and a jackass at times
>then the South American shit on top of that
>the allowing advertisements to be tv shows, like transformers, mlp, and many other "gems" of the 80's
>defunded mental healthcare, likely why mass shootings are so common is because there's no where people can go for mental help, so that gives more fuel to no-guns faggots, nice job Ronny Reagan!
>ignored the AIDS crisis until it had gone borderline pandemic, had action occurred sooner, that might've been slowed, in a better world maybe even avoided
>and TO TOP IT OFF when he found out he had a degenerative mental disorder that would affect his ability to lead, did he recuse himself for the good of the nation? Or show any concern beyond himself? No, no he didn't. He kept on playing boss-man in the big house, what a responsible person
>g-go to tumblr, don't you dare insult Reagan-senpai ;(
>>>/pol/
You're best buddy is the reason the country is in shambles, he found a way to fuck everything up beyond a reasonable solution. Now instead of a paper cut, we have a gaping gangrenous wound.
Ronald Reagan was perhaps the worst president we have ever had the utter displeasure of having served. I spit at the name. He's shamed us all. Oh and correct me if I'm wrong, but I've heard Ronny also pushed for an assault weapon ban in the 80's, which passed.
What a great republican president he was, eh?
>>
>>78653315
Name one way in which Obama broke the constitution.
>>
>>78656445
Not him but:
>aiding and abetting NSA violations of the forth amendment, and of course the lack of needing warrants
The drone shit is whatever, they were legit Islamic extremists who defected from the USA, but not tearing down warrantless surveillance that bush set up? That's a bad mark. Not all him, but he could've stopped it. If not, he could've spoken out against it.
>>
>>78652753
Really it was Madison's fault for not including "unless they're a bad guy" after every amendment like Adams wanted
>>
>>78656474
Correct answer.
I also would have accepted Guantanamo Bay
>>
>>78652947
See
>>78656427
>>
MY NAME IS OLIVER NORTH.
>>
>>78653431
I was meh on Jeff until the space episode. I genuinely enjoyed him after that story.
>>
>>78656427
>. Oh and correct me if I'm wrong, but I've heard Ronny also pushed for an assault weapon ban in the 80's, which passed.

He supported the AWB in the 90s, but yes, Reagan was a massive fudd. James Brady, of the Brady Campaign, was originally his press secretary. In fact, Reagan was one of the originators of the modern gun control movement with the passage of the Mulford Act in 1967 when he was governor of California. It should be noted that gun control as a partisan issue really only came into being roughly a decade ago.
>>
>>78648107
Crap that's the end...
>>
File: 523252.jpg (38 KB, 450x326) Image search: [Google]
523252.jpg
38 KB, 450x326
>Liberals love Iran
>Freak out when Olie helps them

explain this
>>
>>78656708
>It should be noted that gun control as a partisan issue really only came into being roughly a decade ago.
Honestly, it's a damn shame how partisan Yank politics have become. If one party has a genuinely good idea, the other will just go against it for the sake of opposing.
>>
>>78657231
Nigga I'm a liberal and I think Iran is fucking terrible

Why wouldn't I, it's a state that is founded on fundamentalist interpretations of religion and uses those to excuse awful human rights violations
>>
>>78657231
A - It's not true and A these thing aren't even releated.
It's one thing to feel bad for the North Korean people and to help Kim Yong-un.
>>
>>78657362
>If one party has a genuinely good idea, the other will just go against it for the sake of opposing until the next election cycle at which point they'll rework it a little bit and claim it as their own.

Fixed that for you. Obamacare is in large part a revamp of a Republican proposal put forth in the 90s in opposition of Clinton's universal healthcare platform.

Strictly speaking, gun control is a conservative, in the actual political, not party, sense as it not only removes freedom from the individual but also concentrates power within the hands of the state. What a lot of people don't understand about American politics is that the conservative/liberal label is nothing more than a dichotomous identifier and neither are the sole basis of party platforms.
>>
>>78657372
>a state that is founded on fundamentalist interpretations of religion and uses those to excuse awful human rights violations

Do you also see Saudi Arabia and Israel are our "closest Mid East allies?"

Protip: we have no allies in the Middle East
>>
>>78647772

More importantly, who was Chad?
>>
File: martha speaks.jpg (54 KB, 566x480) Image search: [Google]
martha speaks.jpg
54 KB, 566x480
>>78657401
Holy shit, you don't even know what you're talking about, do you?
>>
>>78657551
>>78657538

>Holy shit, you don't even know what you're talking about, do you?

You, don't. That's why you posted it twice. Another try?
>>
>>78657520
Actually the hardcore fundamentalist Jews are anti-Zionist due to how they interpret scripture. Israel is still a modern, Westernized democracy, albeit an opportunistic asshole.
>>
>>78657520
Nah, they're both pretty shit-tier as well

the entire Middle East is a shitshow right now but it's a shitshow that the CIA is responsible for a lot of
>>
>>78657362
I'm pretty sure our politics has been "adversarialism first" for at least since the Civil War (with hills and valleys, but mostly it's two sides at their throat and refusing to get along), but the parties are always changing their identities. And right now we're in a period of time where the Republican party is struggling to figure out what the fuck its identity actually is and so they define themselves as "what the Democrats aren't" rather than any set ideology like they had even a decades and a half ago.
>>
>>78657541

You talking about Chad? Yeah, he was great. I've been talking with a lot of adults who knew him.
>>
File: slaggy ebun.png (87 KB, 178x229) Image search: [Google]
slaggy ebun.png
87 KB, 178x229
>>78647772

>Americans actually believe that there's a difference between the democrats and republicans

Get a thirdparty you fat inbred cunts
>>
>>78657607
At this point the Democrats are pretty solidly, "what the Republicans aren't."

>>78657803
>Jim Webb still hasn't said if he'll run as an independent
>>
>>78657854
>>78657607
>At this point the Democrats are pretty solidly, "what the Republicans aren't."
>the Republican party is struggling to figure out what the fuck its identity actually is and so they define themselves as "what the Democrats aren't"

And there you see the problem. Both are more concerned with pushing away from the other party than they are with defining themselves on their own terms.

I mean, I'm a Britbong, so I can't really suggest a better alternative, considering we're currently dealing with the Conservatives putting on a nice face while getting rid of pretty much every right we have and Labour turning into the world's biggest student party.
>>
>>78657854
Only on a social level an only superficially, from an economical stand point and foreign policy stand point (shit that actually matters) there's very little difference between the "safe" choices of either party. Demos aren't asshurt enough to fully swing in their most radical direction (at least for America) and support Bernie like the rupblicans (not the paty but voters) have gone full retard in support of Trump.
>>
>>78652497
I hope this is sarcasm. I think it is
>>
>>78658033
Obviously it's some cunt flipping an argument against some la' m8
>>
>>78657803
Canada here:
DIDN'T FUCKING HELP
>>
>>78657803
>Get a third party you fat inbred cunts

So we can be wishy-washy like the Brits? No thank you.
>>
>>78657803
Australian here
It will never work all it results in is a Coalition that is broadly the same politically as one major party on the Right and a Coalition that is broadly the same politically as one major party of the Left. Basically instead of having different factions inside each party you have each faction being its own party, this doesn't actually result in any difference
>>
>>78657574
Its a colonist state
>>
>>78658160
the tea party seems like a good example of this
>>
Personally, I have worked for the Democratic party and they're all nice people, but I'm paying for my college by myself and it is a lot of work, and it doesn't help that lots of my paycheck is going to fund welfare when it could go towards making payments on the car or apartment I need to get work done and pay my loan.
>>
>>78658541
Yes
Also our main Right party is literally a Coalition of 2 Parties, the Liberals and the Nationals all this means in effect is that the Leader of the Nationals gets to be the Deputy Prime Minister but other than this the 2 Parties are basically 1
>>
>>78647772
That episode explained it pretty well. Are you trolling?
>>
>>78651746
2/10
>>
>>78657561
Ya nah, you're a moron.
>>
>>78653431
No, Reggie is
>>
>>78653431
no, jeff is great because he's a supporting character that always plays supporting roles. The only episode he had to carry himself (lost in space) is one of the best episodes of the show
>>
File: I-CSTC_00-BoxTop.jpg (477 KB, 1254x1500) Image search: [Google]
I-CSTC_00-BoxTop.jpg
477 KB, 1254x1500
> he doesn't have the Iran Contra trading card set

Steve confirmed pleb
>>
>>78656474
If he did anything about it in his first term he would lose all his campaign funding for 2012. If he does it now his chosen successor (if he even ahs one) won't fare very well.
>>
File: I-CSTC_36a.jpg (363 KB, 1200x858) Image search: [Google]
I-CSTC_36a.jpg
363 KB, 1200x858
>>78657854
>At this point the Democrats are pretty solidly, "what the Republicans aren't."
Including capable of doing next to nothing that their party sets out to do and just let big business do whatever through the Repbulicans
>>
>>78658437
So's America, Canada, Australia. Big deal.
>>
If I wasn't about to head out, I'd storytime this Alan Moore and Bill Sienkiewicz comic from 1989.
>>
>>78657362
>>78656708
Given the crime epidemic of the 70s-80s, I can understand the 86 AWB. It probably did make sense at that time when the crack wars were raging and gangs were turning inner cities into war zones.
>>
>>78663624
>>
>>78657452
>What a lot of people don't understand about American politics is that the conservative/liberal label is nothing more than a dichotomous identifier and neither are the sole basis of party platforms.
Or more accurately, American politics ever since George Washington have been defined by arguments over how much power the federal government should or shouldn't have.
>>
>>78663686
I'm right of center and this book illustrates how the far right has taken away the freedoms of the American people and the entire world. The Republicans and their companies and The Company have supported drug cartels, outright fascism, and little bits of genocide just in the name of fighting anything left of Reagan taking old in the world.

Fucking Iran Contra is the tip of the fucking iceberg of what the Bush people and other Republicans have done to fuck up this world.
>>
File: obama bane 2012-09-04 23.33.56.jpg (167 KB, 800x480) Image search: [Google]
obama bane 2012-09-04 23.33.56.jpg
167 KB, 800x480
>>78663717
>arguments over how much power the federal government should or shouldn't have.
and even that is a buncha horse shit as both sides of the aisle want to use the blunt force of the federal government to support the special interest groups and companies supporting them over the rights of the American people.

Doesn't matter which of the two parties it is.
They're a big government.
>>
>>78663817
>>78663771
Go to sleep, Ben Garrison.
>>
Here's a map of how The Company and its buddies has used America to fuck up the world.
>>
>>78663883
I think you mean Alan Moore
Somehow I trust that puppet snake god worshiping old coot more than my own government.
>>
>>78657372
>Nigga I'm a liberal and I think Iran is fucking terrible
Then why are leftards stone-silent about their president trying to make a Neville Chamberlain deal with Iran.
>>
>>78656427
>ignored the AIDS crisis until it had gone borderline pandemic, had action occurred sooner, that might've been slowed, in a better world maybe even avoided

Was it really Reagan's fault that fags decided to go into a bathhouse and do 45 men a week?
>>
>>78663956
>muh iranian boogeyman
you can't honestly believe that Iran, whose military is tiny compared to even other middle east countries, much less America, is a threat to anybody, can you?
>>
>>78664227
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iran_and_state-sponsored_terrorism
>>
>>78664247
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iran_and_state-sponsored_terrorism
>Since the Iranian Revolution in 1979, the government of Iran has been accused by members of the international community[who?]
>literally the first sentence of the wiki article is missing a citation
great argument there senpai, i totally feel justified in threatening an isolated country which never invaded anyone with nuclear holocaust just because they won't suck america's shit and say it tastes like chocolate
>>
>>78664308
Too bad this board doesn't have flags like /int/ because I'd bet $5 that this is that asshurt Iranian diaspora in Canada.
>>
>>78664371
lmao and ur ass would be a turk
>>
>>78664308
This is the guy who in 1938 would say we needed to come to an understanding with Germany and they weren't a threat to anyone.
>>
>>78664371
What is the asshurt Iranian diaspora in Canada? I don't frequent /int/.
>>
>>78664429
http://www.csmonitor.com/World/Security-Watch/Backchannels/2015/0722/Is-the-Iran-nuclear-deal-like-Munich-1938-Not-really
1938 germany was already building up it's military and trying to gobble up other people's land. Iran isn't.
>>
>>78664450
A shitposting Iranian diaspora who lives in Canada on welfare. Make a thread about Iran and he'll show up in >20 posts. I'd not be surprised at all if >>78664490 is him.
>>
>>78664490
It's not a 1v1 comparison to Germany because Tehran is using asymmetrical warfare by funding groups like Hezbollah. And Obama is functionally insane because he seems as if he wishes to start an arms race between Iran and Saudi Arabia that would end very poorly for all concerned.
>>
>>78664691
>because Tehran is using asymmetrical warfare by funding groups like Hezbollah
>defending Lebenon from invasion by Israel is using asymmetrical warfare on the united states
you seem like the kind of person who still thinks Saddam was involved with 9/11
>>
>>78664908
>defending Lebenon from invasion by Israel is using asymmetrical warfare on the united states
I know, I know, I know. And Hitler also needed to protect German minorities from oppression by the Polish and Czech governments.
>>
>>78657803
>Get a thirdparty you fat inbred cunts
We can't because of our first pass the post voting system.

A vote for a third party is almost always a wasted vote, so instead of voting for who you like most, you're forced to vote for who you dislike the least that has a chance of winning.
>>
GOAT song
>>
>>78656541
meh congress has blocked him at every turn on that one not to mention that international law is in a really unclear grey area when it comes to non-state actors.
>>
>>78650559

*tips fedora*

I bet you get your news from Jon Oliver.
Thread replies: 100
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.