[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
MARVEL EVENTS
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 6
File: 2822766-fear_itself__7___page_18.jpg (640 KB, 1940x1495) Image search: [Google]
2822766-fear_itself__7___page_18.jpg
640 KB, 1940x1495
RANK THE MARVEL EVENTS YOU HAVE READ FROM BEST TO WORST...

INFINITY
> 3 great fucking artist.
> Epic as fuck in scope.
> Great stuff with Thanos.
FEAR ITSELF
> Damn good Cap&Thor centric story
> Great art by Immonen
> Great designs by Marko Djurdjevic
> Makes the Grey Gargoyle horrifying especially in the Iron Man tie ins that deserved better art.
> Thor & Bucky's deaths are pointless altho Bucky's was to happen anyway and the issue where he brought back is very effective with BW's emotional reaction to him dying.
SIEGE
> Great art.
> Epic large scale battle with some badass moments.
> Not complex or interesting beyond cool spectacle.
CIVIL WAR
> Good to great art.
> Logical premise...
> Ruined by the only thing that really set Cap off was Hill being a fucking cunt bag bitch.
ORIGINAL SIN
> Weird as fuck book.
> Good if mixed art.
> Good use of obscure characters.
> Gotta be honest the Bucky holding Nicks head was a epic WTF moment from hell, I really wish it had not been a fucking LMD.
AVX
> 1 Great artist, 1 very meh artist, 1 bad artist.
> Best Emma Frost outfit.
> Good personal moment in the new avengers tie in where Namor meets with Cap.
> Makes the Avengers come off as dicks even tho they are totally justified.
>>
>>78647504
Infinity was dog shit. Are you out of your mind?
>>
>>78647661
In no way whatsoever.
Some people being ass hurt that it was story and situation based rather than character based was a personal preference it did not meet not a valid story telling flaw.
>>
>>78647739
It was booooring as fuck. And basically ended with Captain Universe blasting the aliens away.
>>
>>78647504
Infinity was butt
>>
>>78647504
they're all trash
>>
File: image.jpg (266 KB, 1249x1920) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
266 KB, 1249x1920
Axis was the best of them all.
>>
>>78648864
Loki had a hard life
>>
>>78647504
Fear Itself was horrendous, as were Siege, Civil War, Original Sin and AvX. Infinity was... acceptable but very, very boring. Hickman needs to stop pushing his sci-fi shit into the Marvel universe and just come up with another Image book for them or something.
>>
File: image.jpg (872 KB, 1988x3056) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
872 KB, 1988x3056
>>78648895
Life is Strange
>>
>>78648948
>Fear Itself was horrendous
Other than Buck/Thor's pointless deaths, Odin being slightly too much of a dick and too many tie ins, there is literally Nothing wrong with it.
>Hickman needs to stop pushing his sci-fi shit into the Marvel universe
FUCK YOU you status quo loving mother fucker.
>>
>>78650271
Infinity is bad, anon

it's just another step in the endless villain-power-level-escalation-into-Deus-Ex-Machina-ending that was Hickman's Avengers
>>
>>78650425
>endless villain-power-level-escalation-into-Deus-Ex-Machina-ending
Your making up bull instead of valid complaints you irrational piece of shit.
Even if that was accurate, does not make it less astonishingly epic, badass and brilliant.
Go back to your fucking Squirrel girl books faggot.
>>
>>78650564
go to bed, Jon
>>
>>78650581
>implying Hickman thought his Avengers work was anything besides garbage
He's pretty upfront about the fact that a lot of Hickvengers didn't turn out very good.
>>
>>78650737
But everything but the evil-avengers copies was great.
>>
File: cardcaptorstephenstrange.jpg (636 KB, 2700x2088) Image search: [Google]
cardcaptorstephenstrange.jpg
636 KB, 2700x2088
>>78650271
Did you read it all in one sitting or did you read it as it was coming out? Because they hyped up The Mighty as the Marvel hype machine always does and it ended up being fucking nothing like always. Seemed more like an afterthought than anything else.
>>
>>78651055
As it came out.
I don't recall them hyping the mighty at all, just the Worthy before the series started.
>>
>>78647504
>INFINITY
what was the point of this event? At the end, it didn't mean jack shit to the bigger narrative.
>>
#1 Civil War :^)
>>
>>78651144
>we need a yearly event
>Hickman, slap something together
>>
>>78651144
Gigantic epic as fuck space warfare.
Thanos being set in place to take over the Cabal.
It showed the Builders fucking shit up as a consequence to the incursions.
>>
File: 1898443-4e17340344bc0.jpg (209 KB, 1100x733) Image search: [Google]
1898443-4e17340344bc0.jpg
209 KB, 1100x733
>>78651139
As I recall they only revealed The Mighty at around the halfway point, but there was certainly a big push for it. Hence the promo images.
>>
>>78651216
then they get defeated by Captain Universe going "lolno" and Thanos gets his skeleton ripped out after being ineffectual for a few years
>>
>>78651055
This concept is just lazy

It also reminds me of the South Park episode where they all got weapons and they didn't really know how to use them other than doing cool poses
>>
>>78651286
>Captain Universe going "lolno" and Thanos gets his skeleton ripped out after being ineffectual for a few years
Both moments were epic as fuck.
And Thanos destroyed multiple planets in the Hickman run, how is that ineffectual?
>>78651329
But it looks fucking cool and they did use them well in the finale of FI (which should have been split into 2 issues to be honest)
>>
>>78651401
>epic
>literally just Universe saying "stop" and the Builders saying "ok"
and Thanos destroyed those planets off-panel as a lackey of Namor

the only thing of consequence he really did in Secret Wars was giving Thing a pep talk, and even that ended up being nothing
>>
>>78650271
>there is literally Nothing wrong with it.

Aside from being a boring as fuck story riddled with inane plot devices and awful main villain who had to be retconned in, sure.
>>
>>78647504
If we're talking the past 10-15 years, then the only company-wide/major events I've liked are Shadowland, Annihilation, and Annihilation: Conquest.
If we're talking overall, since the '80s when it started to be a thing to do...
Infinity Gauntlet/War/Crusade, Inferno, Acts Of Vengeance, Evolutionary War, and Contest Of Champions.

Controversial opinion: Nothing titled "Secret Wars" has ever been worth my time to read. I regret buying the '80s ones, and I won't buy the 2015 one.
>>
>>78651913
Not boring at all.
> Plot devices
Such as?
> Awful main villain
A reveal is not a retcon.
How was he awful?

>>78652685
> Shadowland
Shit I forgot that one, I was among the few that liked it also.
Read Secret War 2004 with painted art by Gabrielle Dell Otto, its fucking great and has nothing to do with the other Secret WarS series.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.