[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
how would you write a crime syndicate ongoing?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 7
File: 26-27.jpg (2 MB, 1988x1528) Image search: [Google]
26-27.jpg
2 MB, 1988x1528
how would you write a crime syndicate ongoing?
>>
Pretty much how the recent Squadron Sinister mini was written, but more so I would have them not actually plotting against each other but they just think the others are.
I would have Superwoman fucking the shit out of both Ultraman & Owlman and the only reason they don't kill each other over it is they don't want to piss her off.
>>
>>78643178
Superwoman/Ultraman/Owlman threesomes

Deathstorm, Atomica, and Moe Hal do something

Owlman and E3 Dick being gay
>>
>>78643178
Revert back to pre Nu52 rules. So long as character X is alive in the positive, they can't die on their world, for long anyway. Also flesh out the "heroes" a bit more that oppose them.
>>
take what johns is currently doing with them i.e. ultraman, owlman, superwoman, power ring and grid on the main earth and have them try to run crime throughout the world
>>
>>78644582
>>78645212
Seconded!
>>
>>78643178

I don't think a group of villains really can carry an ongoing if you expect them to remain villains for long
>>
>>78645264
event comic where the justice league are captured and sent to an alternate universe so the syndicate has to step up and protect the earth
>>
Set in the 5 years they were active prior to the Anti-Monitor showing up in the New 52.

Main arc is Alexander Luthor's various attempts to fight them, with the last arc being his aquisition of the Dark Lightning of Mazhas
>>
>>78643178
Maybe as a massive organised crime thriller?, warring families but from the perspective of a minor family enforcer.

I really liked the way in Crisis animated movie the syndicate was made this way. It give them rules and a code. Plus a cool potential origin for Ultraman

Although Nu52 one was hilarious
>>
>>78643178
I would use Morrison's version because Johns' is terrible.
>>
They're stuck in the main DC universe and they have to take secret identities to hide from the Justice League while they wait for their powers to come back or recharge or something. I dunno, some plot device that forces them to be on the down-low for a while before they can start kicking shit properly.

Everyone hates having to have a secret civilian identity, and Owlman lords it over them that he doesn't have powers so he's fucking fine. Maybe they get sick of waiting for their powers to come back, so they start trying to steal power armour and super weapons from other villains or something.
>>
>>78645495
Earth 2 is such a good book and at the same time it's sad as fuck.
>>
File: those were for charity kara.png (358 KB, 500x431) Image search: [Google]
those were for charity kara.png
358 KB, 500x431
>>78643178
JL/Crime Syndicate joins forces to fight both multiverses Zooms/Reverse Flash.
>>
>>78645495
I think Johns' version is more suitable for an ongoing. Morrison's anti matter universe was a world with reverse sense of morality. Johns presented them as authoritarians and on the black side of gray.

>>78643178
After Anti-monitor is destroyed, his destruction in the current multiverse is reversed. So CSA is back on Earth 3. Present it as a dark and gloomy world where CSA rule supreme. They fight against characters like Jokester and Luthor of Earth 3. I think the Owlman one shot in the justice league was great and it presented a Gotham under Owlman;s control well. Just use a similar theme for other cities. They have very little trust on each other, especially Owlman, Ultraman and Sea King, who keep plotting against each other. Emphasize on the affair between Superwoman and Owlman.
>>
>>78645264
Use Jokester as the pov character, then.
>>
File: Batman-v-Superman.jpg (257 KB, 1600x876) Image search: [Google]
Batman-v-Superman.jpg
257 KB, 1600x876
>>78643178
>>
>>78645264
If you set it on Earth 3 where villains always win, they can.
Johns' CSA would probably work better than Morrison's though.
>>
>>78646009
Your a fucking piece of worthless trash you human shit stain.
>>
>>78645824
>Johns presented them as authoritarians and on the black side of gray

Johns' Earth-3 was basically governed by the doctrine of "might makes right"; if someone could overthrow and replace the Crime Syndicate, it wouldn't necessarily be a change from authoritarianism, it would be in keeping with the rules of that universe.
>>
>>78646309
I'm not, though
>>
>>78646518
There is no fucking similarity between the mosverse and the crime syndicate whatsofuckingever.
Superman knowing that trying to save people one by one during his fights would only make Zod notice and attack them more than if the fight stayed between them and only them IS NOT FUCKING COMPARABLE TO RULING THE FUCKING WORLD SADIST DICTATORS!
BURN IN HELL FUCKER!
>>
>>78646602
>le
>>
File: coin2.png (1 MB, 1378x531) Image search: [Google]
coin2.png
1 MB, 1378x531
>>78646486
The Justice League needs something like the coins of the Crime Syndicate. I fucking loved that idea.
>>
>>78645464
Maybe show alternates of the villains too, who're picked off slowly as the series goes on. Really play off the story of how a group of people rebelling against the rules of a morally-opposite society ends up being a futile endeavor when even the good guys are assholes.
>>
>>78648098
That's what I'd have in plan too.
I mean, make it so that everyone gets the spotlight at times, but the main myth arc is alexander.

Like he approaches Jokester for help, but Jokester only cares about stopping Owlman no matter the cost.
>>
>>78646486
>Johns' Earth-3 was basically governed by the doctrine of "might makes right"

But it's supposed to be Earth 3, not Earth-33
>>
i would delve more into sea king being a sort of namor-esque ruler of the seas but like even more of an asshole than that who is constantly warring with the surface and is shockingly brutal almost nemesis-tier with what he does
>>
>>78648516
... so he's Namor
>>
>>78648565
nigga shush
>>
Use Morrison's version and focus everything on Luthor's resistance movement.

Also focus on travelling around the world, not only to for individual members of the Syndicate to be the focus of different arcs but also to allow small victories such as small places from the syndicate.
>>
>>78646602
Hey man, it's not my fault people get that impression.
>>
>>78646009
Will they introduce the whole alternative earth's thing in the DCEU?
It's such a complicated thing to try to introduce in a movie but so many of DCs big events are tied into having it.
>>
>>78649112
My number one impossible dream for the DCEU is an adaptation of Crisis on Two Earths, just because I think that "It doesn't matter" moment would be amazing in live-action with Batfleck and Owlfleck.
>>
power ring solo focusing on the adventures of harold jordan and his waifu/arch-rival sinestra
>>
>>78643178

I'd have them actually try and become the crime bosses of their earth but there be as many heroes as there are villains in the main world. They would be mostly incompetent but because they are so numerous and more just keep springing up when the syndicate kill them it keeps the CSA from getting to far ahead.

I never cared for Earth 3 being the "evil" world, it may just be pure cynicism on my part but I think a mirror world of ours would be the better world.
>>
File: Forever Evil #3 - Page 16.jpg (371 KB, 1600x782) Image search: [Google]
Forever Evil #3 - Page 16.jpg
371 KB, 1600x782
>>78649176
Harold's waifu is Volthoom

It crosses new barriers for femdom fans
>>
>>78645495

Morrisons JSA is more meta shit. He can eat a dick.
>>
>>78649243
harold has a harem
>>
>>78649204
But Earth 3 is not the mirror world of ours, but rather a mirror world of DC's Earth 0
>>
>>78649034
They don't get that impression of less they are mental fucking retards that want everything to be bright campy fucking bullshit.
Being dark and flawed heroes does not fucking make them villainous.
>>
File: This_World_zps719ea6f6.jpg (303 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
This_World_zps719ea6f6.jpg
303 KB, 1024x768
>>78649328
Jeez, sounds like someone wishes he could impose his worldview on others
>>
>>78649286

Yeah I fucked up their but I still stand by my point. The civilians of DC's world are pretty much us and their world has far more villians and even people who feel that they're doing good are massive assholes like Waller.
>>
imagine
earth-3 suicide squad
>>
>>78644582
Go to bed, Mark Millar
>>
>>78649546
Where did I mention rape?
>>
>>78643178
>Ten Volumes
>Each storyline comprising one six issue volume
>After two six issue volumes the time line moves forward a year
>Starts five years before the Anti-Monitor attacks and destroys their world.
>All of the Syndicate have been active for a while already
>Superwoman, Ultraman, Owlamn, Deathstorm, and Johnny Quick/Atomica have divided up the US into territories that the others don't fuck with
>Power Ring isn't part of the deal, spends most of his time in Space building horrible eldritch abominations to keep the solar system off the radar.
>Mars is FUCKING SCREAMING
>NOT THE PEOPLE THE PLANET
>No one goes to space anymore
>One day Sea-King leads an Atlantean invasion of the US, and opens an ancient portal trying to bring a giant alien Sea God to earth so Atlanteans can rule.
>Acts as a huge fucking homing beacon to the rest of the universe
>Volthoom is pissed
>Everyone else is pissed because fucking Christ this guy doesn't make deals.
>Volthoom sends Power Ring to go organize the Crime Syndicate
>They wreck shit and push the Atlantenas back to the ocean
>Sea King says he'll play ball, lets them have the US and won't summon the Alien Sea God if he get Antartica
>Whogivesashit.jpg
>He rules Antartica and the Seas, the Crime Syndicate begins organizing more implicitly and starts opening operations across the world.

>Seven Miniseries focusing on the history and crimes of each member of the Syndicate as well

That's how I'd do it.
>>
>>78649533
Conception Crew?
>>
>>78646602
0/10
>>
>>78649439
> Its a world view to acknowledge that saving 7 billion people TWICE in one day makes you comparable to genocidal dictators.
>>
>>78649624
FUCKING HELL YES DUDE, HOLY SHIT, Have Ivan Reis and Jason Fabok on art and have them be rated Mature so Superwoman can get naked and frequently.
>>
>>78649963
Haha glad you like it

I was thinking the second volume could focus on the Earth-3 Suicide Squad

>Mercenary company founded by a mysterious figure known as The Wall
>Spends most of it's time kidnapping super heroes
>Hires them out to act as assassins/strike teams/sex slaves for criminals looking to fight each other without fucking shit up
>Storyline focuses on the CSA trying to figure out who hired the SS to attack them and whether or not it was one of them
>Turns out it was Alfred trying to show Thomas that the Syndicate isn't worth his time
>Thomas decides that they're useful idiots
>Using data from their war with the Suiciders Owlman begins writing The Sheol Protocols in case he ever has to take out the rest of the Syndicate.
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.