[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Harley Quinn
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 12
File: harleys2.jpg (771 KB, 1080x809) Image search: [Google]
harleys2.jpg
771 KB, 1080x809
Despite her fairly recent creation, Harley Quinn has had a rather wide variety of interpretations throughout the comics and cartoons she has appeared in. So, /co/, which of these do you prefer?

>Chemical bath like New 52 or makeup like in most other things?
>Jester outfit or skimpy leather shit? Something else?
>Should she have slept her way through school or actually be intelligent?
>Should she ever really be able to get over the Joker, or should the slightest sign of affection make her crawl back to him?
>Could she ever reform without the Joker's influence? Should she be redeemable?
>Should she murder people indiscriminately like the Joker, or should she be less wantonly violent and more sympathetic?
>Can she work as well as the DCAU with the mainstream depiction of the Joker?
>Who is the best voice for Harley?
>Who is the worst?
>>
>>78636061
I liked the brief flickering moment when her backstory made her seem like she was intelligent and competent before Timm and Dini fucked it up in the comic version of her debut episode. she's been a garbage character ever since
>>
File: 1451158350953.jpg (364 KB, 1796x1003) Image search: [Google]
1451158350953.jpg
364 KB, 1796x1003
>>78636061
2013 and 2016 are my waifus. Never was a fan of the original costume but Arkham Knight bringing back classic Harley for the Batgirl DLC gave me a new appreciation for it.
>>
2010 Betty Boop Harley is my favorite after the original.
>>
File: harleys.jpg (82 KB, 611x800) Image search: [Google]
harleys.jpg
82 KB, 611x800
Here's my two cents

The chemical bath origin makes her too much like Joker, makeup is better.

Jester outfit and variation on it are the best. Her worst was the original New 52 shit.

I prefer her having cheated, it makes the Joker influencing her more believable and fits better with her ditzy persona. I don't mind her making reference to stuff she learned as a psychologist, and I don't mind versions where she didn't cheat and actually earned her degree, but whenever they make her out to actually be brilliant it seems really forced for a character like Harley.

>Should she ever really be able to get over the Joker, or should the slightest sign of affection make her crawl back to him?
I like the idea that the slightest bit of affection will make Harley forgive him for nearly anything, and that she will eventually warm back up to him regardless of how badly he treats her.

I find she isn't nearly as interesting without her relationship with the Joker and her dependence on him. I prefer Harley to be redeemable rather than another Joker-esque monster.

I remember seeing this short little comic without any dialogue, I think it was from some Batman Adventures thing. Joker shoves Harley at Batman and escapes, Harley goes to Arkham, actually manages to reform, is declared sane and released. Joker pulls up next to her and she immediately reverts back. I like to think that Joker is the only major obstacle to her recovery.
>>
>>78636143
youre 15, arent you?
>>
File: 1442008957586.jpg (65 KB, 499x360) Image search: [Google]
1442008957586.jpg
65 KB, 499x360
>>78636321
my nigger
>>
File: harley.jpg (174 KB, 700x894) Image search: [Google]
harley.jpg
174 KB, 700x894
>>78636321
>Should she murder people indiscriminately like the Joker, or should she be less wantonly violent and more sympathetic?
Definitely prefer when she's somewhat sympathetic and doesn't go out of her way to kill people. Fuck that comic where she blows up kids for no reason.

That kind of fucks with her being sympathetic and redeemable when Joker is running around mass-murdering people. Personally I wouldn't mind if Joker reverting to early Bronze-Age where he killed people when he thought it necessary or funny rather than completely indiscriminately.

This makes Harley much less sympathetic than her DCAU incarnation when she actively participates or helps. Sure, they're bad guys, and they should kill some people along the way, but Harley seems a lot less innocent as the main accomplice of a mass-murdering genocidal-tier serial killer.

Arleen Sorkin, of course. Hynden Walch was alright, too. They should really hire someone who has the same accent as Arleen.

>Who is the worst?
Tara Strong's Harley is fucking terrible and I hate hearing it. Basically a shitty impression of Arleen Harley at her most excited, while also barely able to maintain the accent and quality of the voice. No idea why WB keeps getting her.
>>
>>78636480
>Fuck that comic where she blows up kids for no reason.
Retconned.
>>
I prefer the Jester outfit. What's the 2010 design from though, I like it.
>>
>>78636532
From the Brave and the Bold. She only shows up in one episode.

I thought it would be lame, but she is an extremely cute Harley.
>>
>>78636591
Which episode?
>>
Man, I dunno how Harley could stand being around the Joker. He looked like he smelled bad.
>>
File: batbharl.jpg (78 KB, 411x524) Image search: [Google]
batbharl.jpg
78 KB, 411x524
>>78636663
Emperor Joker, season two, episode 19
>>
>>78636061
what happened in 2010?
>>
>>78636663

Emperor Joker
>>
>>78636480
>No idea why WB keeps getting her.
She's cheap.
>>
File: harleytara-copy.jpg (110 KB, 548x545) Image search: [Google]
harleytara-copy.jpg
110 KB, 548x545
>>78636844

She's cheap and hot!
>>
>>78636061

Makeup. I don't need another retread of Joker's origin.

I'm a fan of Harley's original outfit, but I'm willing to make concessions.

Both. Harley should be quite intelligent, but also skipped a few obstacles that she should have had to cross that would have made her less susceptible to the Joker's charms.

I think she should know he's bad news by now, but he's also the devil she knows. When things get especially tough, when she's at her lowest, that's when she goes back.

No, she's not redeemable. Something's broken in her mind and she can't really see straight any more.

For Harley, it should all be a big game. She should never really set out to kill anyone, but if it happens it happens. Now, when she DOES shoot to kill, she means it.

That's all up to the writer.

Arleen Sorkin when she gave a damn.

>Who is the worst?

Tara Strong trying to sound like Arleen Sorkin. Tara's a good voice actress and is entirely capable of putting her own spin on it.
>>
File: 1451630975742.jpg (9 KB, 117x181) Image search: [Google]
1451630975742.jpg
9 KB, 117x181
>>78636321
>>78636480
This dude knows what's up.

Good taste Anon
10/10 Would be friends with
>>
The versions with no makeup and/or face mask are just awful.
>>
File: harleyorigin.png (702 KB, 964x501) Image search: [Google]
harleyorigin.png
702 KB, 964x501
>>78636347
>>78640509
Th-thanks, Anons

>>78639795
>Arleen Sorkin when she gave a damn.
I figure her sounding worse in Asylum and DCUO was her voice aging. She's probably a smoker and she's getting pretty old, so the voice doesn't come out sounding quite right. Didn't help that the games didn't have Andrea Romano and that they just record lines individually.
>>
>>78640884
I always wondered how much of this she could've realistically done. Correct me if I'm wrong but this kinda stuff is usually decided by committee, right?
Unless Harley is the most amazing bisexual orgy lover.
>>
What i like about harley is how she is close-but-not-joker-level insane. I've seen comics where she is shown to just not understand normal things, whereas the joker is just completely insane (which i, to be honest, also like). Harley is still sane somewhere.
>>
>>78636143
>Never was a fan of the original costume
Shit taste confirmed
>>
>>78636591
>>78636746
I for one welcome the new twenties.
>>
>>78636502
How? Never happened, or does she have a reason to kill the kids now?
>>
>>78636061
Makeup, no doubt
I prefer the Jester outfit most, but I don't mind her doing skimpy outfits if it occasion calls for it. I actually like her Arkham Asylum get-up because she's playing nurse in the takeover, so it makes sense she looks like that. Her Arkham City and New 52 looks, however, are garbage and I blame the former for influencing the design of the latter. Arkham Knight is the happy middle of "jester" and "skimpy" though and that outfit is GOAT right after the Jester one. Not a big fan of her Suicide Squad look but it could be worse.
Bit of both I think. You have to remember in Mad Love, and then BTAS, Harley's main goal in coming to Arkham Asylum was to get crazy psycho stories compiled up so she could write a best seller book about her experience working with the crazies of Gotham. I think there's nothing wrong with making her intelligent - in Mad Love she pulls off kidnapping Batman all by herself by tricking him and even he's impressed that she did it alone.
The tragedy in Harley is that she knows the Joker is bad for her, but she'll inevitably go back to him because she craves his attention. At the same time, the Joker is just as bad about this. He'll throw Harley out and piss on her, but if he sees she's not coming back then he'll go after her because he likes the power he has over her.
>>
>>78646673
The point is that she's redeemable and can reform. However she's drawn to people like Joker and Ivy for support, and they're drawn to her for similar reasons, so she'll never truly be free of criminal influence unless she's willing to get rid of them. I think she is redeemable and that's the whole point. But so long as Joker is nearby, she'll never reform.
I don't think she should be indiscriminate like Joker. She has qualms about killing those who have it coming and that's the way it should be.
It depends on her situation. In the comics right now her book is primarily focused on her being zany and less murderous, which I think is a proper direction for her. On Suicide Squad she kills, but SS has been so fucking awful my hope is that Tim Seeley on writing will fix her up since he said in interviews that he wants to write her with a similar tone to DCAU (i.e. more tragic than violent.)
Arleen. I don't have as big a hate boner for Tara as people on this board do though.
>Who is the worst?
Does anyone voice her besides Arleen and Tara?
>>
Original, but I just wished the others where more jester-like
>>
>>78646818
>Does anyone voice her besides Arleen and Tara?

http://www.behindthevoiceactors.com/characters/Batman/Harley-Quinn/
>>
>>78636784
>2010
>>78636746
she had a cute voice.
>>
>>78636061

So her gimmick is her name sounds like Harlequin and she's the Joker's girlfriend/lover whatever... So only two variations of her is actually really dressed up like a Harlequin?

I wouldn't mind so much if most of them didn't look so shit.
>>
File: 1439540049878.jpg (168 KB, 1033x679) Image search: [Google]
1439540049878.jpg
168 KB, 1033x679
>>78636321
>>
Bruce Timm's is the only good one because it's an actual character.

Pretty much every other iteration has been a desperate attempt to capture a nonexistent "grrl comic reader" demographic.
>>
>>78636321
I know this is off-topic but was that picture made by a colorblind person?
>>
>>78647485
To be fair, Joker doesn't really look like a Joker either.
>>
>>78636061
What is 2010 from?
>>
>>78647679
Why?. Most of Stephane Rouxe drawings are like that
>>
>>78647723
Batman Brave and the Bold.
>>
>>78647692

He looks like a man who could tell a great joke.
>>
>>78647655
This
>>
>>78640980
Harley needs to be fairly intelligent to even get to that point. There's a ridiculous amount of prerequisite courses to get a degree in psychology and it's not like she could have gotten her doctorate by sleeping with EVERYONE. Besides the absolute absurd amount of people she'd need to sleep with most professors wouldn't want to engage in a one night stand and risk their positions! It's all just stupid and serves to ruin Harley's character and diminish effect of control Joker has on Harley.
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.