[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
dropped comics and cartoons.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4
File: p49.jpg (209 KB, 700x972) Image search: [Google]
p49.jpg
209 KB, 700x972
ITT we mention /co/ works we've either dropped or never really could get into and why.

Kill six billion demons was something I just couldn't dig through, granted the plot didn't really go anywhere before I dropped it, it seemed like walking through a muddy field to get to something you could make heads or tails off, the black and white coupled with that particular style was a bit weary on my eyes.

Also dropped pic related early s2 when the episode that ended with them bing chased by the water bitch while escaping on a boat went nowhere and the next episode they were just "well we escaped and now we are in the city". Because who want action and conflict when we can do more tedious boring shit that goes nowhere.
>>
>>78635164
>r34 korra is the only saving grace of the show
>>
>>78635164
That's probably the worst reason I've heard to drop LoK during Season 2 when Season 2 is such a shit show with actual huge glaring problems

You made the right decision either way
>>
>>78635164
TMNT Season 4. I had a lot of fun with the earlier seasons and ship teasing but the new season IN SPACE just bored me. Which is a shame because I like Tennant as Honeycutt.
>>
Korra Boat scene with amon and Turlock killing themselves. Then just to open the second season they show what a bitch korra is, and just uses the avatar state willy nilly to win a goddamn race.
>>
File: 1449190873942.png (48 KB, 1344x174) Image search: [Google]
1449190873942.png
48 KB, 1344x174
OP you and I both know that your image choice has preemptively killed this thread's hope of going anywhere.
>>
>>78635195
Really good character designs wasted on such a shit show...

though I'm glad it exist so I can fap to it and cry myself to sleep.
>>
>>78635251
Hey unless they suddenly started focusing on interesting things and didn't drag their feet all over after that, my reasoning was sound and correct.
>>
File: 1451421709997.jpg (28 KB, 700x525) Image search: [Google]
1451421709997.jpg
28 KB, 700x525
Having watched the first 8 episodes of Adventure Time, I'm really close to dropping.

It's not really funny, the main characters aren't all that amazing together, the eleven minute format is killing the story-telling, and I'm confused where this LORE people talk about is coming from. Gravity Falls spoiled me with Lore in the first episode, so why can't this? I genuinely thought I skipped a few episodes with how nothing was really tying together with what I was told to expect.

Please, please tell me it gets better.
>>
>Adventure Time
>Gravity Falls
>Wander Over Yonder
>Clarence
>Regular Show
>The Amazing World of Gumball
>Uncle Grandpa
>Wabbit

I'm a cartoon fan and heard good things about all of the above but fuck all these series.

Haven't dropped many comic series because i have such a backlog so i'm intent on reading everything i buy or download.
>>
>>78636417
It gets better, but remember it's a kids cartoon, so lolsorandumb humor is sometimes present.
>>
Pretty much every DC and Marvel ongoing book save for The Vision and Omega Men. Nothing else from them really grabs me any more.
>>
I dropped LoK because the S1 finale was dissapointing.
I dropped Regular Show after the episode with flying cars and punk rock girlfriends
>>
>>78636521
> Clarence
I never tried getting in to that because it looks godawful. Same with SU, the protags goddamn lord voldemort nose puts me off the most.

I did actually drop GF as well late into s1 because it was just endless content with nothing really supernatural related, or at best it was a third wheel in the plot. Picked it up later and apparently it improved a bit.
>>
>Clarence
>Regular Show
>Adventure Time
>Star Vs.

watched 1 ep of Clarence, it's awful
I watched the first bunch of seasons of Regular show but just lost interest, it needs to die
Dropped AT after like 5 episodes, the humor and dialogue is too cringey
I watched some eps of Star Vs., even the final, but it really has nothing going for it besides waifubait
>>
>>78636521
do you even have any current cartoons left to watch?
>>
Sym-Bionic Titan

Nothing good was going in it for the first few episodes, obnoxiously trivial lesson literally learned from Barney knockoff, uninspired design and I liked this show more when it was called Full Metal Panic! anyway.
>>
>>78636816
I couldn't go on with star, I mean I can see why it could be enjoyable but I don't think I'm the right demographic.

It was just a bit too, juvenile maybe? At least the episodes I watched
>>
>>78635164
Ksbd is kind of a clusterfuck to be honest.
>>
Well I tried the forbidden show once, it was cutesy but not very interesting and the typical a lesson per episode stuff, granted it probably executed that better than a lot of other shows in recent memory but all the same it's a show I find it hard to see an older person enjoy.

Had the fanbase of rather... excentric individuals not been, it would probably not garner remotely as much attention.
>>
>>78636851
South Park and The Simpsons are decent, Sonic Boom will be coming back eventually, We Bare Bears is watchable and Teen Titans Go can be pretty funny at times.
>>
File: image.jpg (41 KB, 493x552) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
41 KB, 493x552
Watched the entire first season and the first few episodes of season 2 because I was told it gets good.

This was where I quit.
>>
>>78636521
Look out, we gotta /sug/fag over here.
>>
>>78639496
>not a comic
>not a cartoon
>>
>KND
>tried to watch an episode, everything seemed lazy and done before
>>
Tempted now to make a thread now about stuff you couldn't get into at first but then went back to.

Funnily for me: Erfworld.com - I read the first 8 pages when it appeared on Giantitp and it didn't really stick for me, and went back six months on and still liking it 8 years later.

Also One Punch Man had a kind of a slow first episode so I'm glad I saw later highlight clips on youtube and got back into it.
>>
Question, how many of you drop the show but continue to post in the threads about show?
>>
>>78639371
>Liking Zombie Simpsons and TTG
Shit taste detected
>>
>>78640639
I don't, might glance at the thread itself to see if my predictions go out, but I prefer to try something new then go on a hatefuck.

At most I might start a thread talking about my (hopefully) reasonable criticisms about it.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.