[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When will the MCU get around to using the Savage Land? It's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3
File: KLAWS_1_COVER.jpg (309 KB, 1100x833) Image search: [Google]
KLAWS_1_COVER.jpg
309 KB, 1100x833
When will the MCU get around to using the Savage Land? It's one of the most iconic locations of the MU.
Marvel+Dinosaurs=$$$$
>>
>>78632682
Guardians of the Galaxy 2.
Seriously, they just put Chris Pratt in the Savage Lands. Congratulations you made Jurrasic World 2.
>>
>>78632682
Weirdworld is replacing it.

Savage land is fucking boring.
>>
>>78632747
Weirdworld isn't "replacing" the Savage Land. They're different settings, but the Savage Land is more popular which guarantees that it'll still be used.
You may find it boring, but most fans like it, and its presence in cartoons and videogames shows that general audiences like it too. It's only a matter of time before it's used in a movie.
Sony was interested in using the Savage Land in a Sinister Six movie, and now they can.
>>
>>78632682
is there anyone who actually likes the savage land?
>>
File: Kevin_Plunder_(Earth-12131)_001.png (392 KB, 680x525) Image search: [Google]
Kevin_Plunder_(Earth-12131)_001.png
392 KB, 680x525
Ka-zar is hot as fuck tho.

I wouldn't mind watching a movie of him instead of Tarzan yet again.
>>
>>78633116
>Ka-zar is hot as fuck tho.
>literally He-Man with less clothes
I would rather fuck the tiger.
>>
>>78632682
Once they get back X-Men rights, then maybe in a 3rd movie.
>>
Fuck the Savage Land. Savage Land stories or always filler.

>Plane crashes into savage land
>All the women get their clothes torn off
>Team up with Ka-zar to fight Sauron
>>
>>78633191
>All the women get their clothes torn off
Now I want entire Phase 4 of MCU to take place in the Savage Land.
>>
>>78633166
>not liking he man

Faggot
>>
>>78633172
Fox doesn't have the rights to the Savage Land
>>
>>78633191
Hey now that's bullshit.
Sometimes they fight the mutates instead.
>>
>>78632747
What the fuck is Weirdworld except a random dumping ground of fantasy monsters?
>>
Marvel comics is clearly trying to use Weirdworld to replace Savage Land

I'm not sure whats going on with the movie rights tho. Sony had permission from Marvel to use it in the Sinister Six proposal, but that doesn't mean MCU can't use it.
>>
>>78633925
>>78632861
Why throw in a land with dinosaurs when you already have 6 super villains? The budget for that movie would have had to be enormous.
>>
This is honestly something I've been wondering if the MCU will ever tackle. I thought they could have done the Time Gem this way (it landing in the arctic and reversing time...)
>>
>>78632682
>>78632719
>>78632747
Savage land while iconic for older comic fans, would be really hard to pull off nowadays.

Jurassicpark ripoff accusations.
The very idea of a hidden lost word, with satellite tech nowadays, is absurd.
Savage land in the 40's. ok. Savage land in the 60's ok.
Heck even in the 80's before JP, and GPS tech.. ok.

2015, google earth? no.
you need to do some Land of the Lost inter-dimensional portals to try and justify a hidden world.
>>
File: Laughing Classy Whores.jpg (44 KB, 483x332) Image search: [Google]
Laughing Classy Whores.jpg
44 KB, 483x332
>Dinosaurs
>Profitable
>>
>>78633959
>The very idea of a hidden lost word, with satellite tech nowadays, is absurd

A cloaking field yadda yadda yadda covers the land.
>>
>>78633961
Jurrassic World made 1.6 billion
>>
>>78633959
They have someone who still uses a jetpack with wings and a guy with bow and arrow.
>>
>>78633945
Because sony is a mess at coherent storytelling

duh
>>
>>78633959
So Turok? I mean he does deserve a movie.
>>
>>78633925
>Marvel comics is clearly trying to use Weirdworld to replace Savage Land
No they're not. Just because they're introducing a new location doesn't mean they're "replacing" the Savage Land. Marvel introduces new concepts and locations all the time.

The situation with the rights is this: we know that Sony was interested in using the Savage Land thanks to the Korean leaks, they asked Fox if theyhad them, but it turns out they didn't for some reason, Marvel still does.
That means Marvel can use the Savage Land whenever they want, and could let Sony use it if they so desired.
>>
The biggest problem with the Savage Land is that it's always a detour. No stories progress when they go there. It's just "Oh look, our heroes crashed their plane and now they are in skimpy clothing and must adjust to nature".

In fact, it's pretty much just the plot of Cars.
>>
>>78633974
This, plus they could always have the Savage Land be a recent thing caused by the Time Gem.
>>
>>78633116
Ka-Zar could work as a supporting character that gives exposition, but there's no way he'd ever get his own movie
>>
>>78633925
>replace savage land
Who the fuck was using it before? Besides weirdworld has existed for a long ass time just no one has done anything with it. It's not like they can't use things without it being explicitly to replace something.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.