[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Star Wars Rebels /swr/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 101
File: Korriban.jpg (885 KB, 1200x727) Image search: [Google]
Korriban.jpg
885 KB, 1200x727
Moraband Edition

>Upcoming Releases:
http://www.swbooks.co.uk/updates/release.htm

>Newest Rebels Recon Episode:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JrVry8kgyw

>The Clone Wars Legacy Content:
http://www.starwars.com/tv-shows/the-clone-wars-legacy

>Star Wars: Uprising: (/swr/ Cartel: Loth-Cats)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QpW6fOEvuSg

>Star Wars: Commander: (/swr/ Squad: Empire - SheevSquad)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUD2JkBxIJo

>Canon Guide: (Timeline coming soon)
http://imgur.com/a/wnoIs

>Star Wars /co/ Booru:
starwars.booru.org

>Download links: (Books, Comics, Rebels, Films, etc)
http://pastebin.com/nWsKtSya (embed)
>>
>>78631928
>Moraband
FUCK YOU
>>
File: b4f.png (10 KB, 353x291) Image search: [Google]
b4f.png
10 KB, 353x291
>>78631938
>>
File: CXdyVd4WsAAOV6f.jpg (41 KB, 540x505) Image search: [Google]
CXdyVd4WsAAOV6f.jpg
41 KB, 540x505
>>
>>78631934
>Not the character, but the actress is Christopher Lee's niece. I doubt the character will have any connection to Dooku but I could see them making Serenno her homeworld or something just as a nod.
Hah, that'd be pretty cool.
>>
New Rebel Episode when?
>>
File: 3NXk96G.jpg (55 KB, 331x544) Image search: [Google]
3NXk96G.jpg
55 KB, 331x544
>>78631955
I can't wait until we find out they're related, somehow. I especially can't wait for Tumblr's reaction to it and the fallout that will occur.

>>78632040
Sometime in January.
>>
What if Rey is the Celeste Morne of this new EU. Frozen in time from the Old Republic within the first Jedi temple and Luke finds her and becomes his adopted daughter.
>>
File: chopper1.jpg (122 KB, 750x900) Image search: [Google]
chopper1.jpg
122 KB, 750x900
>>78632040
Disney has put the show on indefinite hiatus after Dave Filoni and Pablo Hidalgo were arrested on New Year's Eve. An anonymous whistleblower alerted Homeland Security that the pair were planning a terror attack on Times Square. Improvised explosives were found in their offices at Lucasfilm as well as a map of Times Square with targets marked, and a manifesto proclaiming that American devils will die in the name of Allah. Disney has released a statement stating that the show is being put on hiatus, and insiders have revealed that Disney is unlikely to allow the show to continue.

Homeland Security has declined to identify the whistleblower.
>>
File: 1451218616425.gif (2 MB, 500x220) Image search: [Google]
1451218616425.gif
2 MB, 500x220
>>78632068
>I especially can't wait for Tumblr's reaction to it and the fallout that will occur.
And then it turns out Poe is straight. Tumblr will be on suicide watch
>>
File: 1450843031158.jpg (94 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
1450843031158.jpg
94 KB, 960x960
>>78632134
Not just tumblr, we will be too
>>
>>78632134
I left the movie not even thinking twice about Poe as character, just oh, here's another rebel pilot.
I don't understand all the attention he's getting. People talk about him like he's the third main character.
>>
>>78632161
cute
>>
>>78632164
He's the Han Solo.
>>
>>78632161
>Keep the jacket, buddy
>T-thanks
>>
>>78632183
He shouldn't even be alive.
>>
>>78632161
>yellow text on white
why
>>
>>78632201
He's force sensitive and you know how those force types always survive weird shit
>>
>>78632206
>He's force sensitive
What is this head canon bullshit?
>>
>>78632193
>giving his letter jacket to his sweetheart
>>
>>78631938
>>Moraband
>>The Clone Wars team initially called the planet Korriban, but George Lucas preferred the name Moraband.

LUUUUUUUCAS!
>>
>>78632218
It's a theory because a) of how invincible he is in the sky. He is untouchable. b) in the shattered empire comics, it was shown he was growing in very close proximity around a force sensitive tree that gave off energy or something like that
>>
>>78632235
>He is untouchable
>crashes
>>
There's no real indication Poe is force sensitive, but in that one sequence he downed 9 tie fighters and precisely picked off individual storm troopers on the ground all in 30 seconds.

That's terrifying.
>>
>>78632253
>but in that one sequence he downed 9 tie fighters and precisely picked off individual storm troopers on the ground
So that makes him as deadly as what, 2 ewoks?
>>
File: outlaaaaw.png (168 KB, 540x264) Image search: [Google]
outlaaaaw.png
168 KB, 540x264
With the First Order now free to take further control of the galaxy and thus impose their own rule, would that make Poe Dameron an outlaw?
>>
>>78632343
I know we're expected to believe that, but it doesn't really seem like that's how things would go. The new republic controls most of the galaxy. The first order blowing up the hosnian system would be like ISIS nuking DC. Sure, the US would flair around for a bit as it reorganized, but then things would go pretty badly for ISIS after that.

Also the Empire could afford to shrug off the destruction of the death star, but the first order's resources and finances have to be much more limited, which means the loss of starkiller base should be crippling.

If it hadn't been destroyed, they could press forward and continue the attack on the reeling republic, but that's off the table.
>>
>>78632276
2 ewoks can kill 9 ties and several storm troopers with what? A sling and some stone?
>>
>>78632422
I think you missed the joke
>>
>>78632476
nah, I know, I just jumped on the first part because it was something I wanted to comment on.

I thought it was very strange that the movie was acting like the republic was finished.
>>
>>78632343
Are they? I mean unlike the Republic they didn't lose any of their fleet, presumably, when the planet exploded. Unfortunately they lost a planet's worth of personal, Stormtroopers (which apparently they have in rather limited supply, unlike the Empire) and a shit ton of vehicles and fighter craft. For that matter we don't really know what kind of fleet the First Order has since we never really saw any.

And supposedly the Republic only kept a token military force anyway, with individual planets having their own security forces (or at least the option for their own armies).

Not really sure where they're taking this, to be honest. Snoke didn't seem really put off by the loss of Starkiller Base and the Republic hardly seems like it was handled a deathblow. The Jedi MAY be on their way back if Rey can make Luke stop being a selfish dick and learn to care again.
>>
How did the Jedi learn about Darth Bane and the Rule of Two? Wasn't the whole point that Bane was the only Sith survivor and the Jedi thought the order was dead all along?
>>
>>78632633
Because Lucas liked the line he wrote for Yoda to say.
>>
>>78632633
They learned it from someone they called Isha'Mael.
>>
>>78632633
They used the force.
>>
>>78632633
Obviously eventually they hunted him down and thought they had killed both him and his apprentice. Not sure why he was buried in a crypt on Moraband, though. Can't imagine the Jedi would do that.
>>
File: Even this guy knows.jpg (88 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
Even this guy knows.jpg
88 KB, 500x281
Today I will remind them
>>
>>78632633
We don't know because nothing about old bane is canon, and even in the old days nothing except the rule of two was G tier canon
>>
>>78632522
There can be as many (or as few) reactivated, Republic-crewed star destroyers as the plot demands
>>
>>78632832
I figure the Republic will still stay out of the fight. Yeah even after the First Order destroyed an entire solar system. Their senate will be stonewalled by people who want to blame the Resistance for provoking the First Order.
>>
>>78632712
>Isha'Mael.
in disney canon is called Ahab.
>>
File: COGFzBxXAAA8n4q.jpg (76 KB, 576x1024) Image search: [Google]
COGFzBxXAAA8n4q.jpg
76 KB, 576x1024
>>78632880
WE PASSED UPON THE STAIR
>>
>>78632068
Honestly I'm shipping it only out of hopes it might be incest. Cousins would be nice but brother/sister would be even better. If it turns out they aren't related then it loses all appeal.
>>
File: 1449425808277.jpg (47 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1449425808277.jpg
47 KB, 600x600
You're in the temple and this guy smacks your Padawan's ass, what do you do?
>>
>>78633179
Nothing, my Padawan would kick his ass.
>>
>>78633179

force choke
>>
Just played Heroes and Villains and was Sheev fives times in a row. I won as Sheev five times in a row. Seriously, if people knew how to play him properly they would realise he's OP.
>>
>>78633179
If I were in the Star Wars universe I'd rather be a regular fucking guy.
Like at most a trooper of some such for someone, maybe part of a smuggler operation. I sure as shit wouldn't be a fucking Jedi, they tend to die literally all the time.
>>
>>78633357
This. I would rather just travel the stars with my friends. See the worlds and what they have to offer.
>>
>>78633365
And of course you would submit to First Order boarding and inspection, right Traitor?
>>
>>78633397
I would submit to TR-8R alright.
>>
>>78632437
30 years after RotJ, ewoks have learned to disguise themselves as humans. Their greatest warrior, Poe Damaran...
>>
>>78633353
Sheev is the best and easily the most fun to play.

He and Boba are the only characters with good dialogue too.

Leia sounds like they were trying to make her WAY too stronk and independant. Luke sounds too much like a Prequel Era Jedi if that makes sense. Vader has some of the worst dialogue in the history of the franchise. ("You will die by my lightsaber!")

And don't even get me started on Han Solo. They captured the likeliness of all the characters fairly well, except Han, who looks and sounds like a bad cosplayer.

Boba and Sheev are voiced by Temuera and Witwer, and the professional quality REALLY shows.

And for those worried about Witwer, he has definitely gotten much smoother as Sheev, since his awkward TFU impersonations.

But yeah, Sheev is fun to play. Dat SithScream(tm) when you use the GoodTrick(tm) attack. And being able to spawn Shock Troopers is the icing on the cake.

My only complaint is no Lightsabers, dual wielding would have been fab.

Oh, and, I would have preferred if he got Royal Guards instead of Shock Troopers, and the Shock Trooper should have been unlockable armor like Scout, right? Makes sense to me.

But DICE don't think about these things. I'm betting when they got hired for the role, they probably sat and watched the movies for the first time in well over a decade. Yeah, I'm going there, I dont think Dice really gave a shit about Star Wars until Disney showed up and they got told they might be making a game for it.
>>
>>78632633
The Jedi learned of his plan, killed him and had him buried on Moraband to mark the end of the Sith.
>>
>>78633438
>Poe is just a pair of shaved Ewoks hiding in a flight suit.

Truly Star Wars has the deepest and more serious lore.
>>
>>78633443
>dice don't give a shit about star wars

What tipped you off? The bare minimum in terms of gameplay or the flagrant reskins of other contemporary shooters?
>>
File: hera_syndulla.jpg (99 KB, 768x432) Image search: [Google]
hera_syndulla.jpg
99 KB, 768x432
>>78633365
I will like to have my own ship. With a twi'lek pilot, a wookie, another human and a droid. And I want to explore the SW universe with them.

>ywn do this in your life.
>>
>>78633450
Hey, if what anon above says is true, he even grew up near a life tree...
>>
>>78633201
Describe your padawan.
>>
>>78633443
Yeah it would have been so much better to have the Royal Guard, but it was a quick cop out by DICE. They could have at least given Sheev a lightsaber to deflect, because if they're trying to stay true to the OT well he never deflected with little lightning balls in his hand. We know he had a lightsaber on him.
>>
File: ahsokattack.png (411 KB, 1280x540) Image search: [Google]
ahsokattack.png
411 KB, 1280x540
>>78633489
Hello there.
>>
>>78633462
I honestly kinda' knew back in April when they pulled the "space isnt fun" shit.

Free Radical wanted to put every single aspect of Star Wars in their games. They made games for the fans, and Dice made a game for themselves.

>>78633489
Nice butt, that seems to be the most important thing in raising a Padawan.

>>78633493
Yup. I suspect Royal Guard will be a DLC villain. Such a lazy cop-out.
>>
Who should be the main protagonist in the inevitable TV show between ROTJ and TFA? Ben Solo? Luke Skywalker? A completely new character? Snoke?

Personally, I think Ben should be the main character. We still know almost nothing about him and I really want to know why exactly he turned to the dark side.
>>
>>78633547
Yeah, they sound about as credible and genuine as the guys who tried to do 3D jagged alliance and went up claiming the AI was so dumb because the second game was "too hard"...
>>
>>78633583
Clearly it'd be Poe, so we can see that he wasn't always the ace pilot and was a shitty fucking kid.

Everyone likes watching a fuck up kid fuck up, right?
>>
File: Kes_Dameron.png (416 KB, 413x540) Image search: [Google]
Kes_Dameron.png
416 KB, 413x540
>>78633583
Why not a rebel soldier? Seeing everything from his pov. Pic not related, he is a family man, he is Poe's dad.
>>
>>78633628
He looks a bit like Kanan. Poe confirmed as Kanans son
>>
>>78633634
Nah, by that time Kanan would be like 60 years old.
>>
>>78633529
go home Anakin you're still not allowed to screw her
>>
File: anakin.jpg (100 KB, 2495x1063) Image search: [Google]
anakin.jpg
100 KB, 2495x1063
>>78633694
You understimate my dick power!
>>
>thread turning into tumblr after the movie

well, i'm out.
>>
Some anon on /tv/ posted a much better version of the prequel trilogy. I'll repost it here because I really think it's amazing and I would like to know what you think about it.

TPM
>Set 30 years before ANH
>Anakin is around 20 years old
>Jedi Knights function much the same as they do in TPM, but without the raising-them-from-childhood angle.
>Anakin is a young hotshot pilot in the Republic Air Force (Probably called something else)
>His brother Owen is a farmer on Tattooine, they love each other but argue frequently over Anakin thinking he's too good for the farmer's life and Owen being content with never leaving the planet.
>There are whisperings of a Clone Army being built, Anakin is assigned to an elite unit to investigate.
>The unit is led by Jedi Knight Obi-Wan Kenobi (around age 30)
>They form a friendship over the course of the mission, and Obi-Wan recognises Anakin's latent Force abiities
>The Clone Army is being built by the Sith, who have returned.
>Everyone in the unit is killed in a climactic battle involving prototype-Clones, led by Darth Maul
>Anakin manages to kill the final Clones before looking over and witnessing Obi-Wan defeat Maul in a lightsaber duel
>Obi-Wan reports to the leaders of the Republic (perhaps a council of 12 with ONE Jedi representative - probably Yoda)
>Obi-Wan visits the recovering Anakin on Tattooine. He tells him there is a war on the horizon and asks him to come and train with him to become a Jedi Knight
>Owen begs Anakin not to go
>Anakin leaves with Obi-Wan, Owen watches them depart
>Fin
>>
>>78633856
AotC
>Around 8 years later (22 years before ANH)
>Anakin is a Jedi Knight (28ish), and is partnered with Obi-Wan (38ish)
>Anakin is still hot-headed, pulls babes (none of this no-attachment bullshit), very Top Gun Maverick, while Obi-Wan is more patient and wise. They are best friends.
>Padme is introduced as a Senator of great importance, testifying to the fact of an enormous Clone Army (based off of the prototypes in TPM) that has been completed and will strike any day.
>Hates Anakin, finds him cocky and childish, Anakin finds her uptight and rude. There's sexual tension.
>Anakin and Obi-Wan are assigned by Sheev (another member of the Republic Council thing) to protect Padme on her journey back to her own planet. They are attacked on the way, but successfully reach Naboo.
>More tension with Anakin and Padme, they sleep together.
>The next morning, Naboo is the first planet attacked by the Clone Army. Begun, the Clone Wars have.
>Three Sith attack Anakin and Obi-Wan.
>Padme attempts to help and is thrown hard against a wall or pillar.
>Anakin's resulting anger causes him to easily destroy his one or two opponents while Obi-Wan finishes his off with significantly more difficulty.
>Anakin rushes over to Padme and makes sure she's okay, she kisses him
>Back on Coruscant, Obi-Wan is worried about Anakin's anger, talks to him about it and Anakin acknowledges it and promises to work on it. As they discuss this Sheev listens with great interest.
>They learn that the Clone Army has begun to attack other planets as well.
>Ends with Anakin and Padme being married, a small but not secret ceremony. Obi-Wan is best man.
>Fin
>>
>>78632227
Eh, they can always retcon it so it was originally called Korriban, but got renamed at some point. Galaxy's old, after all.
>>
File: dem eyes.gif (2 MB, 320x244) Image search: [Google]
dem eyes.gif
2 MB, 320x244
>watching season 3 clone wars
>asshole jedi in command'
>feel so bad for the clones
>>
>>78633856
>>78633865
RotS 1/2
>Around 7 years later (15 years before ANH)
>Anakin (around 35 now) and Padme have twins, Luke and Leia, who are around five years old. They live with him in the Jedi Temple.
>Sheev is a friend and mentor to Anakin, and Obi-Wan (around 45 now) is wary of this, perhaps a little jealous.
>The Clone Wars operate much the same as we see in RotS, but with Jedi leading each regiment of Republic troopers against Clones, rather than Clones against droids.
>Yoda leads the troops on Alderaan and is friends with the King there.
>Anakin is with Sheev, who is telling them that he is the only Jedi he can trust, because he believes the others plan to stage a coup.
>Anakin refuses to believe this.
>Suddenly all the Clones, all over the galaxy, stop attacking.
>The Republic troopers are told to execute Order 66.
>Order 66 plays out much the same as what we saw. Yoda, with the Alderaan King's help, manages to escape.
>Obi-Wan also escapes his slaughter.
>The Jedi Temple goes into lock-down mode - nobody in or out while the Jedi are being exterminated.
>Anakin isn't allowed in to see his family.
>Sheev admits he is the Sith lord, and sends every last Sith under his command into the temple under the pretense of saving Anakin's family.
>He tells Anakin this is the Jedi coup he was telling him was coming, and his family isn't safe. Anakin goes along with the Sith forces.
>Really, they've been told to kill everyone.
>The last Jedi (aside from Yoda and Obi-Wan) and the last Sith (aside from Sheev) are in the Temple at this point.
>Obi-Wan, with the aid of the King of Alderaan and Yoda, infiltrates the Temple through a hidden entrance and rescues Anakin's family. As they escape, though, Padme is stabbed by a Sith.
>Obi-Wan stays with her as she dies while Yoda and The King of Alderaan get the twins to safety.
>>
>>78633583
>Because of the whole "every single person in the Empire is evil, no matter what, shit we'll never have a show that focuses on Stormtroopers just doing their jobs

Fuck everything, I want TROOPS to be a real show.
>>
>>78633877
Keep watching....
>>
>>78633866
Korriban, third planet in the Korriban system.
Moribund, fourth planet in the Korriban system.

Oh look, fixed.
>>
>>78633856
>>78633865
>>78633879
RotS 2/2
>As Padme dies, Anakin walks in with two Sith and sees Obi-Wan over her body, lightsaber wound and all.
>Obi-Wan and Anakin both stare at each other before the Sith rush Obi-Wan. He defeats them while Anakin stares as Padme's body, filled with rage. He attacks Obi-Wan.
>Yoda and King of Alderaan reach their ship and begin to fly away but are attacked by TIE Fighters.
>Anakin and Obi-Wan fight their way out of the Temple, along a cliff near a waterfall.
>Obi-Wan fights Anakin along the cliff, pleading with him to listen. Anakin is beyond caring, and blames Obi-Wan and all Jedi for not allowing him into the temple. He thinks he would've saved Padme, succeeding where Obi-Wan failed.
>At this point, Sheev presses a button, and the Temple explodes, killing all Jedi and Sith inside.
>Anakin falls to his knees and asks if his children were inside.
>Obi-Wan is about to tell him they got out okay, but sees Anakin's Sith eyes and realises he's gone. He tells him that they were inside.
>Anakin is silent for a moment before screaming with rage and resuming the fight.
>Yoda and the King of Alderaan manage to escape
>Obi-Wan defeats Vader, slicing off his arm and stabbing him through the chest. With his last bit of strength, Vader Force-pushes Obi-Wan off the cliff before collapsing.
>Obi-Wan lands in water below, and sees Vader's lightsaber. He takes it, and swims away.
>Sheev finds Vader and realises that he is still alive, despite having been stabbed through his chest.
>Obi-Wan returns to the others. He leaves Leia with the King of Alderaan and takes Luke.
>Anakin is being laid into his armour on an operating table. Sheev observes, and Vader tells him he killed Obi-Wan.
>Obi-Wan Luke to Owen on Tattooine, then walks over the hill into the distance.
>Vader awakens in his black armour and observes his surroundings
>The Emperor stands by a window, looking out into space
>Vader rises from the chair, and stands behind his Master
>Fin
>>
>>78633438
Or in his native tongue, Lieutenant Kettch.

Yub yub, Commander!
>>
>>78633880
But TFA actually humanized the stormtroopers. The scene where Kylo Ren destroys the interrogation room and the guards walk away to not have to deal with a pissed off Kylo was comedy gold.
>>
>>78633493
I'll be honest, I preferred how utterly contemptuous he was of Luke's 'Jedi Weapon' in ROTJ. I liked the idea that he was so powerful in the Dark Side he didn't need a lightsaber to kick your ass. But no, gotta have the obligatory lightsaber fights in the Prequels. Noot to mention literally inventing 'lightsaber forms' and trying to retroactively apply them to the OT.
>>
>>78633917
>comic relief is humanization
Except not.
>>
>>78633856
>>78633865
>>78633879
>>78633888
>Every single hobby writer can write a better prequel trilogy than the creator of Star Wars

This is just sad.
>>
>>78633939
It is because every real human would've done the same in this situation. They are not juts faceless goons anymore, especially now that a stormtrooper is one of the new main characters.
>>
>>78633866
Is that not already the official explanation? I thought it was, that the planet was originally called Korriban, but over the hundreds of years the name was corrupted until it became known as Moraband?

Lucasfilm hinted that they're the same planet, but that the name changed over time. I just assumed it was canon in all but... name.
>>
>>78633887
Or, they renamed the planet. Shit, they've renamed countries in the real world several times over in the span of time of a 1000 years. I could see the Republic, assuming that the Sith are dead, rebranding their old homeworld to shove 'em down the memory hole. Hell, maybe the Sith did it themselves for the same reason, to drive themselves out of the consciousness of the galaxy.

Not like there's a very big native population to complain.
>>
>>78633879
>>78633888
You lost me at Luke and Leia being five before Anakin's turn and actually knowing him.
>>
>>78633951
>They are not juts faceless goons anymore
comic relief doesn't stop that at all, bad guys and mooks are used for comedy all the fucking time. It's when they're used for that that you know any additional characterization for them is gone. Only Finn's done anything to humanize troopers and he's not exactly helpful when the moment he turns from being a trooper he's gunning them down en mass with a goddamn ship turret.

Humanizing is having your Stormtrooper actually talk about something other than helping X leader take over the galaxy.
>>
>>78633877
That's season 4. Pong Krell is an asshole. Keep watching, it gets better... and worse.
>>
>>78633940
>Every single hobby writer THINKS they can write a better prequel trilogy than the creator of Star Wars
>Especially when they have the actual trilogy to base off of, and don't have to do the heavy lifting themselves
>>
>>78634058
>George Lucas
>originality and heavy lifting

Pick one.
>>
>>78634100
Well, it is arguably easier to remake a series of films you've already seen, than having to make everything yourself from scratch.

Viewers have the advantage of already knowing all the planets, characters, plot points, vehicles and so on.

What I'm saying is: Hindsight is 20/20

Especially for those who have spent the past ten years dwelling on how they'd "fix" everything.
>>
>>78634226
I'm mostly trying to imagine George doing any literal heavy lifting right now...
>>
>>78634100

Looking at the rewrite efforts in this thread I'd pick two.
>>
>>78633879
>>78633888

You know, there are plenty of people that already complain that Anakin's turn was poorly written because he was essentially tricked by Sheev and went full Vader too easily. And in the actual PT Sheev capitalised on Anakin's problem's and insecurities which accumulated from Episode I, as well as their long-term relationship.

In this fucking story Anakin suddenly goes full Vader and aligns himself with the person who is currently slaughtering all his friends and allies (with whom he has no tensions in this version) and is clearly responsible for every bad thing that happened so far because... Anakin is just fucking retarded apparently.
>>
File: 1451150798303.jpg (109 KB, 437x680) Image search: [Google]
1451150798303.jpg
109 KB, 437x680
>>78633940

What's sad is your utter lack of taste.
>>
>>78634396
>waifuing a "woman" with a head shaped like an egg
why
>>
>>78634630
After reading Moving Target, I have to admit Cerean girls can be cute...
>>
>>78634630
>not liking Tua
you are a monster
>>
>>78633672
Kanan is only late 20s-mid 30s in Rebels and wouldn't be past 40 at Endor. Besides, Poe was already born before Endor.
>>
>>78633866
The notes say precisely that, that the planet was so old it could've had multiple names across time.
>>
>>78634375
Nothings more nothing then a fan with ideas
>>
File: DarthMaladi.jpg (768 KB, 1101x1448) Image search: [Google]
DarthMaladi.jpg
768 KB, 1101x1448
>Darth Maladi will never dominate you
Why live
>>
File: RyoChuchi.jpg (894 KB, 852x1178) Image search: [Google]
RyoChuchi.jpg
894 KB, 852x1178
>>78635267
M'ladi
>>
>>78635267
You I have to say I feel really sorry about the peoples from these races.

They really never have a chance to be much more than assholes with how they look.
>>
>>78633879
>>The Republic troopers are told to execute Order 66.
Republic troopers? And how would order 66 work with non-clones?
>>
>>78634010
I agree, sort of. I was bothered that Finn turned on his own so quickly, despite having spent his entire life there.
>>
>>78635427
Emergency protocol in case the jedi make a grab for power. Why the republic DOESN'T have one is beyond me, to be honest.
>>
File: Shattered-Empire-03.png (603 KB, 640x553) Image search: [Google]
Shattered-Empire-03.png
603 KB, 640x553
>>78635056
Poe was conceived after Endor. Pic related. Shara Bey and Kes Dameron, mother and father.
>>
>>78635516
Read the next couple issues where Shara mentions her son is home waiting for her.
>>
>>78635468
Hmm. Maybe.

The clone armies of the PT always bothered me, anyway. Pretty amazing how the movies straight up ignored the moral implications of breeding a slave army. It's something you'd expect from the bad guys. TCW at least touched on it, a few times.

A better way of having Anakin turn would have been him rebelling against the slavery and moral bankruptcy of the Republic, and then go full darkside in his righteous anger.
>>
>>78635561
so it's not Kes Dameron's son but his wife's? interesting
>>
>>78635516
>>78635561
Before the Awakening also makes no mention of Poe having a sibling when his section talks about his life on Yavin IV.
>>
>>78635561
You are right, my bad. Thanks anon.
>>
>>78635630
Shara was not with Kes when she mentioned her son to whoever it was she was talking to. Most parents say "my kid" instead of "our kid" if the other parent is not around.
>>
>>78635590
>It's something you'd expect from the bad guys
Well it pretty much was the idea of the bad guys. The republic were faced in a shit situation where they had to accept a fully armed trained and combat ready army instead of being decimiated.
>>
>>78635590
This so much. It's just weird that no one, not even the Jedi or Padme ever cared about the republic using slaves as cannon fodder.

The clones should've either been the enemies of the republic or Anakin as a former slave should've rebelled against the use of clones, making him a more sympathetic main character while also giving him another reason to betray the republic.
George really is a hack.
>>
>>78632227
What kind of person gets upset over a minor change like this?

Get upset over plot holes or critical errors not name changes.
>>
>>78633856
>>78633865
>>78633879
>>78633888
Sounds even more retarded than what we got with Lucas' PT.
>>
>>78635899
>The clones should've either been the enemies of the republic
Then the republic and jedi are killing slaves
Latter idea works though
>>
>>78635906
Because it's indicative of things Lucas prioritises in his "storytelling". He has no clue what gives something substance.
>>
>>78635847
>The republic were faced in a shit situation where they had to accept a fully armed trained and combat ready army instead of being decimiated.

I'm sure that's what they told themselves at night. The clones were slaves, period. I don't remember the republic making any attempts to build their own battle droids, or drafting/recruiting an army from their own population. And let's not forget the republic continuing to order cannon fodder from the Kaminoan slave factories. It wasn't a one time occurrence. They sure as hell had a choice.

>>78635899
>Anakin as a former slave should've rebelled against the use of clones
That would have been a really compelling story, actually.
>>
>>78636057
Because having the name be Korriban would suddenly give it substance?

You're opening up a completely new can of worms here, this has nothing to do with Lucas's storytelling. Was about a name "change", which it never really was, because Lucas never considered the EU as Canon. To him, Korriban never existed, he was making something new.
>>
>>78635590
The entire point is that the Jedi was shoved into a situation where they had no choice

Also If were gonna start calling attention to the slave army then you need to complain about how the Protagonists in the OT were straight up Terrorists.

your supposed to just go with it
>>
>>78636147
The point is more that he seems to think this important enough to comment on, rather than delivering something with actual substance. For all his haranguing about how he's supposedly an 'artist', his direct input into creative processes is often extremely banal. That's what irks me about the name change more than the name of the planet per se:
That the name change was even important enough to require personal comment from the big boss himself.
>>
>>78635899
>Anakin as a former slave should've rebelled against the use of clones
I'd be down for this
>>
>>78636146
> I don't remember the republic making any attempts to build their own battle droid

All the Droid builders where supporting the CIS that was the point.

>drafting/recruiting an army from their own population

They did take recruits, but they never had a standing army, and then a war started, they couldn't rely on conscripts as they would have been outnumbered
>>
>>78636203
I see. I mean, George is a strange guy. Sometimes, he wants things to be very specific. I prefer Korriban as a name, just sounds cooler, but ehh, I never really cared about the change, and I don't really think Lucas should be hassled over such a minor thing.

The planet and its history is likely the same, or similar (we'll see where LSG goes with that era), and as others have pointed out, it's very likely that its called Korriban by the Sith still, or was called Korriban pre-Bane or something.
>>
>>78636173
>The entire point is that the Jedi was shoved into a situation where they had no choice
Shouldn't Jedi try to be better than that? Than using slaves to fight their battles? If that's the case, they could just spare the trouble and go dark side immediately. Face it, the jedis of the Republic were corrupt as hell.

>your supposed to just go with it
No
>>
>>78636215
Great.

Mind telling me why we should support the Republic, anyway? Fighting for "Democracy" doesn't really mean shit when you're simultaneously using slave labor.

Actually, I don't mind the two opposing sides being gray as fuck. It just bothers me when the movies portray the jedis as a bunch of saints, when they're obviously anything but. And as was mentioned earlier in the thread, they really missed a great opportunity to make it part of Anakin's turn.
>>
>>78636281
2bh, the Jedi were one of the few groups who distinguished individual clones. They treated them not as a single entity but as individual characters. The jedi were the better party when dealing with the clones. It explains why in the Kanan comic one of the clones effectively gets PTSD from order 66 because they grew close to each other.
>>
File: images (1).jpg (40 KB, 297x495) Image search: [Google]
images (1).jpg
40 KB, 297x495
TFA just beat Titanic who would have known something like this would happened
>>
>>78633790
IT'S OVER ANAKIN, YOUR GAME IS WEAK.
>>
So Star Wars Old Republic Netflix series when?
Disney and Netflix are already tight thanks to MCU connections and its the perfect place to have a series like that
>>
>>78636528
Once episode 9 is done so they can aggressively market their next venture
>>
>>78636414
Not saying there weren't sympathetic jedi on an individual basis. It's the overall system that was beyond saving. Honestly, most jedi were probably as indoctrinated and conditioned from birth as the clones, having been taken to the temple at a young age, never knowing their parents.

Honestly, I would have tried to separate myself from the clusterfuck that is the republic myself.
>>
>>78636281
>Shouldn't Jedi try to be better than that? Than using slaves to fight their battles?
Because they had no one else to fight the Separatists with, you don't look a gift horse in the mouth.

>>78636378
The Old Republic became corrupt over the centuries, this time-period became the Gilded Age for the Republic, glamorous and shiny on the outside but rotten on he inside.

> It just bothers me when the movies portray the jedis as a bunch of saints, when they're obviously anything but
The Jedi were the very few people that treated the Clones with any respect and care. The Jedi and the Old Republic were led into a fucking trap by a Sith Lord playing the Long Game.
>>
>>78636281

The Jedi REALLY had no say in the matter. The Republic Senate made the decision to give Sheev the emergency powers he needed to approve use of the army, abdicating responsibility for the choice in the process -- like Bail Organa said in Attack of the Clones, if the Senate itself were to vote, they probably wouldn't have approved the use of clones.

If the Jedi had decided to split off or run away or something, it just would have made everything worse, because then they'd be at war with the same Republic they're supposed to defend, and rather than waiting for Order 66 the clones would be hunting them IMMEDIATELY -- and so would the CIS's droid armies.

The decision to use the clone army is a decision the Republic made and the Jedi had to live with. At least the majority of the Jedi tried to treat the clones like individuals and treat them with respect.

The Jedi are not in charge of the Republic. Just watching the fucking movies will show you that. They're involved with the Republic, but they don't make policy decisions and they don't have a voice in the Senate.
>>
>>78636557
People did leave the Republic, they then found themselves under Separatist rule or lived in shithole systems that were being controlled by Crime Lords. The Star Wars Galaxy is a literal shithole with a few places that were relatively safe.
>>
>>78636434
I HATE YOU!
>>
>>78636378
>It just bothers me when the movies portray the jedis as a bunch of saint

Not really, i mean there is Obi, But Palpatine's whole pitch was pointing out the flaws and poor points in the jedi order, which anakin agrees with as far back as episode 2

and Then Mace kinda confirms those points
>>
>>78636569
>The Jedi are not in charge of the Republic.
Nah, they just fight their wars for them.

Look, I'm not saying that all jedi were evil, but the system they ended up fighting for was. And it wasn't explored nearly enough in the movies.

>>78636620
>The Star Wars Galaxy is a literal shithole with a few places that were relatively safe.
Pretty much, yeah.
>>
>>78636277
True that. My issue with him is really that he often seems to miss the point. Take the current discussion on slave armies. That is a huge plot point. Slave armies and child soldiers are two things the prequels completely gloss over, where you could base an entire narrative on it and give the political and moral portions of the movie some genuine depth. Instead, we get rather thoughtless, but cool looking, drones vs droids and no one cares, not even the supposedly empathic guardians of life and harmony. That's typical Lucas, sadly. For all his great visuals at times, he really needs someone to rub his nose into what needs to be properly emphasised to make a story better.
>>
>>78636683
>Nah, they just fight their wars for them.

That's not some thing they like, and they try to avoid it, Their peace keepers, when the system is working they are more akin to the peace corps.
>>
>>78636724
Dude people pissed them selves just by putting in the politics they did, you really want all the whniny fanboys complaining that he dares to tackle the subject of grey morality, and compromise.

Let alone all the "Star wars should be fun/for kids" faggots
>>
>>78634630
She's wearing a weird hat, her head is probably normal. Lothal fashion is weird.
>>
>>78636779
You can make it completely black and white and still address the issues at hand. There's countless ways to handle the clone problematic. The missed opportunity is that in the movies, it's completely ignored. You could have tossed out the boring senate sessions and given us some passionate debates full of fiery passion instead, on an issue like this.
>>
>>78636724
>you could base an entire narrative on it and give the political and moral portions of the movie some genuine depth
This.

>>78636779
>whniny fanboys complaining that he dares to tackle the subject of grey morality, and compromise.
Look, if you introduce concepts like slavery and child soldiers, you already went there. Refusing to tackle it further will just be seen as him glossing over potentially uncomfortable subjects, and doesn't help the narrative. Same shit Korra did, as it happens.
>>
>>78636855
No you can't make it black and white and still discuss it .
>>
>>78636683
>Nah, they just fight their wars for them.

They didn't want to fight you idiot, their hands were tied in this matter when the Separatists were being led by the Sith Lord Count Dooku. Once it became know he was in charge of this Coup, the Jedi, an organization that fights the Sith, had to go in the fray and their was no backing out.

The Jedi, Other Separatist leaders, the Republic and even Dooku himself were being manipulated by the most powerful Sith Lord at the time who set his plans in motion for years, if not decades.

>>78636724
>no one cares, not even the supposedly empathic guardians of life and harmony
The Jedi did care about the Clones, they did try to get them rights and make sure once the war was over they were treated fairly. Do you even watch TCW?
>>
>>78636724
I think the idea was that the Jedi/Republic felt they HAD to use the Clones because, well, they're THERE, and worlds are getting fucked by the Seperatists, so they felt like they had no choice.

I agree that they could have shown the Jedi being more reluctant.

TCW covers it a little.

But remember, much of the start of the war is unknown in Canon. Perhaps they can do some stories that show how, for the first few months, the Jedi showed a lot of disapproval for the Clone Army or something? Maybe even a story about Jedi who leaves the Order because of it? A friend of Bariss maybe?
>>
>>78636876
>Look, if you introduce concepts like slavery and child soldiers, you already went there.

Except it wasn't really introduced.
>>
>>78636940
Those are decent ideas, but would require a reimagining of the prequels similar to what George did to the OT. In their case, I'm not really against it per se. The best thing Disney could do with the era is take the broad strokes of the story and reshoot the details where it, y'know, kinda falls apart in Lucas's take.

The grand scheme of the PT isn't bad at all. And I'll say that while hating those movies. TCW shows us it CAN be done well. I think the main problem with the PT is the overemphasis of some banal things, and the underemphasis of things which might grip the audience and tug at their heartstrings.
>>
>>78637038
>underemphasis of things which might grip the audience and tug at their heartstrings

The entire point was watching a good person give into all his hate and resentment
>>
>>78636940
>I agree that they could have shown the Jedi being more reluctant.
One of the main reasons the Jedi jumped into the clone wars was to lure out the Sith Lord. Unfortunately they never realized the whole ordeal was a trap, and they were doing the Sith's dirty work the whole time.
>>
>>78636674
"If this is what sobriety is like, then I'm going to smoke a big sack of crack!" - Obi-Wan Ben Larry Kenobi
>>
>>78637094
Then I'm sorry to say the PT missed the point entirely. Anakin is not "a good person".
>>
>>78636945
Yes it was. Doesn't matter what you call it.

>>78637038
Yeah, I agree. The plot is interesting, and the Republic being a hotbed of hypocrisy and moral greyness makes it more so.

>>78637094
But his reasons for doing so were very vague, and completely unmemorable. What was it again? Padme is going to die in childbirth unless you slaughter the younglings?
>>
>>78637171
>Anakin is not "a good person"
I think you missed the point entirely.
>>
>>78636425
And it will beat Avatar by Monday. Domestically at least.

Prepare to hear people say "akshually, adjusting for inflation..." for the next week as people try to play down the significance of this record breaking number.
>>
>>78637193
Anakin is shown to be a selfish, sociopathic murderer and gloryhound with no real moral compass.
>>
>>78637179
>Padme is going to die in childbirth unless you slaughter the younglings?
I think you missed all the ways that Sheev manipulated Anakin throughout AOTC and ROTS.
>>
>>78637179
>What was it again?
He was afraid of losing the people he loved, like his mother, and wanted to be strong enough to protect them and he was also an impulsive person that let his emotions get the better of him.

I might not like the prequels all that much either, but if you didn't understand that's what happened to him, then that's your own fault. You don't even need the cartoons to get that from the movies.
>>
>>78637195
Can't wait to see /tv/'s reaction to the news.
>>
>>78636569
>>78636683
A big part of the thing you guys are missing is the Jedi went to war with the Republic because the SITH were behind the confederacy; Dooku. That is the only reason they even participated in it.

>>78636724
>Slave armies and child soldiers are two things the prequels completely gloss over
>movie some genuine depth
But that's not the point of Star Wars. It's not suppose to be a deep or compelling narrative about politics. It's an adolescent popcorn filck for everyone and specifally kids. Lucas has went on record saying he wanted to do mature and adult themes but it has no place in Star Wars. Watch his older interviews and films.
>>
>>78637171
Seems like your the one who missed the point.

>>78637179
>But his reasons for doing so were very vague, and completely unmemorable. What was it again? Padme is going to die in childbirth unless you slaughter the younglings?

Anakin was always in turmoil, he was supposed to be serene but he was angry, he wasn't supposed to have attachment, but he fell in over , he had all this power but he couldn't protect or keep his mother alive. So then he sees padmes death coming, he wants to stop it he should be able to stop it, but yoda tells him to just let it happen basically, which isn;t acceptable, Sheeve knows this and tempts him with the possibility of changing fate. All while feeding into his ego, s well as his (rightfully so) belife the system doesn't work.

The thing to remember also is that anakin was on the Jedi's side right up till he cut off mace's hand which was done in an act of desperation. right after sheev chucks him out the window sobbing, realizing how badly he fucked up. But realizing hes gone to far he decides to stick it out for padme's sake

From their on he falls into a spiral of denial and self delusion, blaming everything on the jedi, and telling him self hes just making some small sacrifices for the greater good (like the jedi did during the war) But its clear he is still in anguish (him crying on mustafar)
>>
>>78636779
People don't hate politics in Star Wars per se, they just hate boring senate sessions that are not engaging in any way. To address the moral dilemma of using a clone army would've been incredibly interesting if well executed.
>>
>>78637427
I can get not liking the ones in aotc

But the ones in TPM and ROTS were all very well done.

But people do hate them on general principal, and that carried over to TCW even those some of those political episode had the best writing
>>
>>78637427
About politics, even ANH had the Mofference. Can't remember anyone complaining about that.

Writing and directing is what broke the prequels' back, not "moral ambiguity" and politics.
>>
>>78637287
Honestly, my point in this post >>78637038 deals not with changing the story in the prequels per se, but changing what is emphasised especially and how things are portrayed. Keep the story points, keep the characters as they are, but reshoot it under a lense that knows what tone fits what scene.

>>78637357
Lucas went on record, and then did the exact opposite in practise. Lucas as a source of information on his own work is incredibly unreliable to the point you have to wonder if he's delusional or just outright lying.
>>
>>78637427
The senate scenes were some of the better parts of the PT. They added a great amount of world building, none more so than Palpatines decleration
>>
>>78637263
>selfish, sociopathic murderer and gloryhound with no real moral compass
Were we watching the same movie?

The Anakin I saw was born a slave, stripped of his mother. Put into an organization that did not trust him or even welcomed him. Then on top of this, they forced him into a war as a general to have men die under his decisions while dealing with a failing marriage that was kept secret. Making worse the Jedi deny him the rank of master after everything he had done for them and the Republic. They take it further by asking him to spy on the one person he called a friend.

The biggest problem is he was the Chosen one. He knew it, Obi-wan and the rest of the Jedi knew it but they purposely kept him at bay instead of treating him like a colleague.
>>
>>78637357
And you think ROTS is an aolescent popcorn flick for everyone and specifically kids? If Lucas didn't have a problem with making a Star Wars movie about some crazy guy who murders children, chokes his pregnant wife and tries to kill his best friend, then he shouldn't have had a problem with making his movies deeper and more mature.
>>
>>78637525
>exact opposite in practise
How?

>Lucas as a source of information on his own work is incredibly unreliable to the point you have to wonder if he's delusional or just outright lying.
Can you point to this specifically? Everything he said he's been saying for decades and doing. Like the big one was he was unsatisfied with ANH and hated the technology at the time. Even the cast and crew speak about how depressed he was with the finished product. When he went back to alter ANH, people got on his ass saying he was "desecrating modern art". He never looked at it as art but as a film with huge problems.
>>
>>78637593
Not really

Think of it like a shakespear play, you don't need to know Why capulets and the montagues are fighting, and how that leads to tradgedy.
>>
I wish Ian would do more Sheev in some anthology films. He's just so perfect in his role
>>
>>78637511
I legitimately love all the Politics in TCW. And the politics in the movies weren't that bad either. Especially ROTS.
>>
>>78637536
I saw Anakin whining about having a better childhood and life than most of the people in the galaxy, with his own house, food on the table and a loving parent. He may have been 'de facto' a slave, but Watto not only seems to treat his slaves well, he cares about them enough to forbid them from killing themselves in a sport that is lethal for humans (until given huge incentive).

He then keeps repeating what he's dogmatically told by the jedi counsel but in his actions and the overinflated ego he displays about his accomplishments, it's obvious he is unfit to be a jedi knight, but is far too self-absorbed and immature to realise it. For Anakin, everyone else is wrong and only he is right, which in the end leads to him killing his own wife because he's completely lost grip with reality.

That is what the movies ACTUALLY portray. If they were trying to paint Anakin as a "good person", I'm sorry to say that completely backfired.
>>
>>78637639
Which makes ROTS a shitty movie.
>>
>>78637648
I pray he gets a cameo in Rogue One
>>
>>78637639
Please don't compare Star Wars to Shakespeare, ever.
>>
>>78637593
While ROTS is dark it's not a very deep or compelling story like Chinatown or Goodfellas. You never see the kids killed and you never see Anakin wrap his hands around Padme's throat. It's implied but Star Wars is for everyone. It's more comparable to old Greek tragedies or Shakespearean plays.

>he shouldn't have had a problem with making his movies deeper and more mature.
He doesnt't but star wars isnt that. It's a homage to old cereal cartoons made for everyone.
>>
>>78637159
A good friend.
>>
>>78637699
Yes, please.

I'm sure McDiarmid would jump at the chance too, he obviously loves Star Wars.

What about a Darth Plagueis movie?
>>
>>78637700
I just did faggot.
>>
>>78637676
>most of the people in the galaxy
How the fuck do you know that? Did you forget the fact that Anakin had a slave collar to blow him and his mother up? You forget he was owned by Watto and thereby the Hutts on a desert world filled with some of the most hostile scum ever?

>he cares about them enough to forbid them from killing themselves
Because Anakin was useful and if you knew anything about slaves expensive to lose. He had a very good talent for repair.

>overinflated ego he displays about his accomplishments,
He's the Chosen One meant to bring balance to the Force. He can say that because he can actually back it up.
>obvious he is unfit to be a jedi knight, but is far too self-absorbed and immature to realise it.
That's the point too. Qui-Gon or even Count Dooku would have been the perfect master for Anakin but without them he is lost and doomed to destroy the Jedi.

>he's completely lost grip with reality
Yup. A slave turned war hero then he loses it all.
>>
>>78637810
It'd shut the plaguisfags up for sure.

If they did a movie that was a prequel to 1, they could have Maul too, he always sells well. Nobody will say no to more Maul.
>>
>>78637810
I'm not surprised he does. He played one of the PT's best characters. I'd love to see more of him, though, in one or more of the spin-off movies. He's really great.
>>
>>78637733
>He doesnt't but star wars isnt that. It's a homage to old cereal cartoons made for everyone.

Why even use clones then if you don't want mature themes in your Star Wars movie? You could've made a much better story by just making the characters intelligent and sympathetic enough to address things like the republics use of a slave army, but Lucas didn't do it, not because "it's for children" but because he is a shitty writer. There are many mature themes in Star Wars, like Luke's moral dilemma of fighting his own father and people usually like that.
>>
>>78637700
Well part of the PT is period piece melodrama. Hence why everyone acts and talks like they're in a bad Shakespearian play.
>>
>>78637849
Do we bring back ray park of just put Sam Witner in makeup
>>
>>78637676
>paint Anakin as a "good person",
I think it worked pretty well especially adding TCW. But what people don't understand is they thought he was a flawless person as he was described by Obi-Wan in the OT. He wasn't.
>>
>>78637890
I honestly want Witwer, he is just too perfect as Maul. Stuntman for action scenes of course.
>>
>>78637676
>That is what the movies ACTUALLY portray. If they were trying to paint Anakin as a "good person", I'm sorry to say that completely backfired.

He was portrayed as a good person, just an angry and entitled one.

All the hoops he goes through just to save obi wan alone should prove that
>>
>>78637737
"Luke, did I ever tell you about the time your father almost fucked a cat-woman?"
>>
>>78637931
>Stuntman for action scenes of course.
* Unless it turns out Witwer can git gud at fighting with the Lightsaber. I'm sure he probably could, but they'd need a double for the flips and shit. Only reason I mentioned a stuntman is because Maul does a LOT of acrobatics in his fights, and I am not sure a voice actor is exactly going to be able to physically do that stuff.
>>
>>78637957
Having your friend's back doesn't necessarily make you a good person, omae. Bad guys can have friends, too.
>>
>>78637868
>Why even use clones then if you don't want mature themes in your Star Wars movie?
Why have guns if you don't want a mature theme? Why have laser swords that can cut people in half then? The Clones were a narrative device. That's all.

>could've made a much better story by just making the characters intelligent and sympathetic enough to address things like the republics use of a slave army
But that's your opinion. You could make Aladdin more mature by your suggestions. It would make a better movie but is it necessary?

>Luke's moral dilemma of fighting his own father
Greek tragedy/Shakespearean play
It's not really that deep Luke's story. It was actually a coming of age story for Luke and Anakin.
>>
>>78637897
Anakin only became likeable to me after watching TCW. It was his relationship with Ashoka that did it, I think. Felt like a real connection, like a sibling relationship. The PT had nothing like it, and I couldn't relate to him at all. So his "fall" left me feeling cold.

>>78637868
This. You can make a popcorn adventure and have it be enjoyable, but to make it memorable you need that extra emotional pull.
>>
>>78637995
I honestly don't want to see flips and crap in any future Maul fights. I'd rather have him use his hands and feet to creatively hurt his enemy, bust their kneecaps or breake their swordarms, for example. Mix in some MMA with lightsaber combat, and you still have a truckload of awesome, and it'll probably be more effective than Maul of the Dance.
>>
>>78637997
A Bad guy wouldn't throw away his life and the mission just for a friend though.

It was framed as selfless.
>>
>>78638045
That defeats the point of maul though, he fights like a whirlwind, you want ground and pound save it for vader.
>>
>>78638045
>complaining about flips and shit when the dude fought with the most useless weapon in star wars
>>
>>78638045
>don't want to see flips and crap in any future Maul fights.
He sure as hell was flipping in TCW. He's still got it but he's like Vader. He's capable of doing it but he is humble to the point its unnecessary unless his opponent is particularly strong. See Dooku.
>>
>>78638130
>Double edged lightsaber
>usless

Whaaaat?
>>
>>78638046
>A Bad guy wouldn't throw away his life and the mission just for a friend though.

The first counter example that immediately comes to mind is William Money.
>>
What are some inconsistencies between TCW and CW that keep CW from remaining in everyone's headcanon as occurring at the same time? (Besides super powered Made Windu and the lack of Ahsoka)
>>
>>78638153
>>
>>78638169
Less mobility than a lightsaber cause you have constantly worry about nicking yourself with the back end. What good is a quarter staff that you can only hold in the middle? And Maul's lightsaber is even worse than that because you can't let any part of the staff touch your body.

The only thing its good for is spinz.
>>
>>78638232
Anakin is a likable character in TCW.
>>
File: 4817601-in+an+eye+blink+2.gif (548 KB, 400x172) Image search: [Google]
4817601-in+an+eye+blink+2.gif
548 KB, 400x172
>>78638274
>>78638153
>>
I sometimes wish that Disney would go the DC route regarding animated films. So many good stories such as Lost Stars or Lords of the Sith will likely never get a feature production. But being animated could bring some form of greater exposure. It would be easier to do as well
>>
>>78638287
spinning is a good trick though
>>
>>78638287
Just cause amateurs shouldn't use it doesn't make it useless.

you oppenet has to keep an eye on both blades, and its a shit ton less predictable then 2 separate blades blades and thats not counting if you get tricky with it.
>>
>>78638274
I love how Maul's Mandos have armor that matches him.
>>
>>78638287
Ironically, the DBS is a fantastic defensive weapon, perfect for a Jedi.
>>
>>78638350
You know what an experienced fighter is going to do? He's going to knock that second blade right into your guts.
>>
Speaking of Maul, are we getting anything else from him set after Son of Dathomir?
>>
>>78638367
Maybe that's why the Temple Guard get those special issue DBS.
>>
>>78638287
Did you miss that Maul is a perfectly trained warrior with guidance from the Force? It would virtually be impossible for him to be killed by his own blade. He has the precognitive abilities.

>>78638429
spin off movie
>>
>>78637890
How about Ray Park dubbed over with Sam Witwer''s voice?
>>
>>78638455
>It would virtually be impossible for him to be killed by his own blade.
That's not what's at issue here. His weapon has less utility than his Jedi opponents. It looks cool, it does sick spins, but at the end of the day, that second blade is not helping him.
>>
Has anyone that read twilight company found it hard to get into? I'm coming from reading lost stars but idk, I'm just not feeling it yet.
>>
>>78638387
You know What an experienced fighter is gonna do? not let you do that.
>>
>this will never be the trailer to the start of the KOTOR movies
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHPqtcix-5Y
Why won't Disney do anything with this cash cow they're sitting on
>>
>>78638516
Hahahahahha

>>78638455
>muh precognition makes me invulnerable

If that were true, no force user would ever die in combat.
>>
File: 1451340237258.png (140 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1451340237258.png
140 KB, 300x300
>>78638547
>>
File: Emperors_Shadow_Guard[1].jpg (247 KB, 608x720) Image search: [Google]
Emperors_Shadow_Guard[1].jpg
247 KB, 608x720
>>78638547
Well it's both true and false. being adept at the force does give you a slight precognative sense. the issue is that many times you will basically no longer be paying attention to it, and becoming lost "in the moment". When that happens you can't really be helped, and one could say is an advantage for multi-bladed weapons, giving your opponent more things to be worried about and keeping their senses less and less in tune with the force.

but then again my favorite weapons are the Lightsaber Pikes.
>>
>>78638538
I dunno, man, I think they're going to milk the OT era to death first. So nothing new until 2020, I would guess.
>>
File: Emperor's_Shadow_Guard.jpg (19 KB, 441x823) Image search: [Google]
Emperor's_Shadow_Guard.jpg
19 KB, 441x823
>>78638629
>emperors shadow guard
my nigga. Such cool as fuck guys. Lightsaber pikes are underrated too, stab them bitches from afar
>>
>>78638629
The pikes are everything a double-saber should be, desu. Doublesabers as such are just...sword chuck tier. Look cool? Sure. Make sense? No. I'd rather have look cool AND make sense.
>>
File: dbs.gif (2 MB, 404x212) Image search: [Google]
dbs.gif
2 MB, 404x212
>>78638509
You do know that he can only activate one blade if he wants, and that the second blade helps for defense, as well as letting him fight multiple opponents
>>
>>78638669
But they do make sense your being autistic
>>
>>78638629
>giving your opponent more things to be worried about and keeping their senses less and less in tune with the force.
You can only strike with one blade at a time, and since all strikes have to come at a angle I don't see what there is to be worried about.
>>
>>78638681
>maul had the perfect opportunity to just cut the legs off of both of them
>>
>>78638709
Yeah, it'd be the perfect weapon I'd give someone if I wanted them to end up dead...

Oh, wait, that was Sheev's plan for Maul.

>>78638681
Except nothing in that gif shows this. What it does show is that the fight choreography helps him combat multiple opponents, not his weapon.
>>
>there's a light saber fighting school
>they have youtube videos

I'm impressed and repulsed at the same time.
>>
>>78638782
Just watch Kendo tutorials.
>>
>>78638681
I like Obi's little twirl while Maul has his back turned. Really useful.
>>
>>78638714
>He tries to Quigon blocked
>>
>>78638756
People have given you numerous reason why they work and are the go too alternative to the standard Saber
>>
>>78638830
>Kendo
>Not Fencing

I want the shien fags to leave

Makashi Top teir
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (11 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
11 KB, 480x360
Are they family?
>>
>>78638860
Their reasons literally boil down to "the force did it" and "I have no clue how weapons work".
>>
>>78638632
>Still thinking this when there's an Obi-Wan/Anakin miniseries between TPM and AOTC, not to mention Rian Johnson propping up the prequels in interviews.
>>
>>78638910
Except they dont you dont jeed the force to use tje weapon u just keep trackbof thebblade which u need tobdo with lightsaber s any way
>>
>>78638886
Cousins
>>
http://christianlind.com/is-star-wars-the-force-awakens-an-allegory-of-gamergate/
>>
>choosing unwieldy double sided lightsaber instead of just two separate ones
Anyone who does this unironically should be banned from their respective order. Especially when Jar'Kai has almost no drawbacks.
>>
>>78639136
Except it never works
>>
>>78638910
the effectiveness of the DBS is that it is a staff, but a staff that you cannot grasp the ends of. effectively you lose the reach of the staff, but keep the ability to use the leverage of the weapon, along with it's ability to guard and counter-attack effectively. It is specifically there to take advantage of a fighting styles that focus on momentum, but can still allow a number of normal strikes as well.

The biggest problem with the DBS is training with it, a problem that is common for all kinds of lightsabers, but the danger with the DBS is higher.

I imagine that jedis are trained with a number of "normal" weapons first, and those that flock to the staves will eventually have to make a choice as to what aspects of the staff they prefer, and decide on the style of lightsaber from there, mainly the guards DBS pikes, or a longer pike style weapon.
>>
File: 1401688496591.jpg (45 KB, 660x607) Image search: [Google]
1401688496591.jpg
45 KB, 660x607
>>78639123
>>
>>78639276

Don't even bother to give it clicks or derail the thread.
>>
Lego Finalizer when?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 101

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.