[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /co/ think of Rick and Morty? I just marathoned all
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 6
File: rick and morty.png (876 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
rick and morty.png
876 KB, 1920x1080
What does /co/ think of Rick and Morty?

I just marathoned all of it last night, and not sure what to think.
>>
>>78629072
Why don't you take time to formulate your own opinions about it instead of letting other people tell you how to feel about it?
>>
>>78629072
I think its the best thing Adult Swim has made in probably ten years. That said, I don't know how long that quality will last. Its amazing while high.
>>
>>78629131
dude
>>
>>78629072
Learn to form your own opinions. Seriously, how dependent on this board are you?
>>
>>78629072

Reddit garbage.
>>
Pretty high quality but a couple of lame episodes among the bunch. But more often than not it's very enjoyable.
>>
File: stare.gif (2 MB, 275x200) Image search: [Google]
stare.gif
2 MB, 275x200
>>78629072
>I watched 2 seasons of a show and have no idea what my opinion about it is
>>
>>78629131
Anything good or even tolerable is amazing high.
>>
>>78629072
first season was great, second season not so much though the finale made up for some of its shortcomings
>>
Best thing on Adult Swim in a long time.
>>
>>78629072
I didn't laugh nearly as often as the creators wanted me to, but the show kept me interested enough to watch the whole thing. That's why I didn't really know what to think either
>>
the fun/smart side of the show gets drowned out by it's painfully obvious, yawn-y "written by a nerdy white dude for nerdy white dudes" vibe. i put up with it for s1 but then getting through s2 felt like a chore.
>>
I wish they didn't do a second all-drunken improv episode. I personally loved the first one, but it was one of those special things that works once, and the second attempt was a painful attempt to recreate the magic. It was like watching the sequel of a viral youtube video, where the maker tries like an idiot to recreate the situation that made it viral in the first place.
>>
>>78630007
Co-signing that the TOP KARMAS REDDITOR vibe kills all the mind-bending scifi shit and clever physical comedy for this particular anonymous /co/mmander
>>
Really enjoyed the first season but I couldn't seem to bring myself to care about the second season after the first 3/4 episodes so I just dropped it.
>>
>>78629784
Saw Frozen while high. HATED it so much I walked out. One of two movies Ive ever walked out on and the other one was "In the Name of the King"
>>
It's an interesting cartoon. Not a big fan, but I'll watch it if it's on, and there's nothing better.
>>
>>78629072
It literally: the show.
In all honesty tho it's going to fade fast.
>>
Best animated thing on TV since Futurama

Go on, hate me
>>
Decent and fun. The 'deep' writing is pretentious as fuck, I hate it. And it's overrated as fuck. Not even in my top 10 shows, let alone animated.
That said, I like it. But I'm not excited for the new season. I'll end up watching it, hating it, re-watching and liking it.
>>
>>78630293
Some people say it declined in quality, some say it got better.

It definitely declined. I enjoyed the first season more. Can't say I had any laugh out loud moments in the second season. Maybe one or two though.
>>
>>78631417
>The 'deep' writing is pretentious as fuck
Okay that's it.
Word that make me automatically discard anyone's opinion:
-pander(ing)
-agenda
-pretentious
>>
It's literally Reddit: The Animated Series. It even got its own lunchbox.
>>
File: 115816.jpg (27 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
115816.jpg
27 KB, 1280x720
>season 1

Interesting show with good episodes, well defined characters, subverts others shows of the type by having Rick mostly dominate the plot and explain obvious lines of thinking rather than getting swept up in conventions, this is what a lot of people call the "magic" of season 1. Sparingly uses non-comedic drama and intrigue to great effect.

>season 2

characters get swept up in episode concepts like any other show, quality of writing and humor falls, execution in general falls drastically, now takes a place in the public consciousness for this reason among others as just another western animated series. Heavily uses non-comedic drama and intrigue, with a great loss of effectiveness. The show has stared too long into the abyss─it is now what once it hunted

>season 3

>>
First season excellent. Second season is alright but the parents' drama shit really dragged it down and there was some mediocrity overall.
>>
File: meh.jpg (20 KB, 245x294) Image search: [Google]
meh.jpg
20 KB, 245x294
>it's a "Beth and Jerry's marriage is failing" subplot
>>
>>78629072
Get off /co/ then, and come back when you have an opinion.

Jesus christ, are we here to wipe your ass?
>>
>>78629072
general consensus is

Season 1: Top tier

Season 2: Meh

the 1st season was great, not really 'deep' like how other anons say but its intriguing and entertaining as hell to watch, there was character development too. Some of the themes were re used or became a common theme (Multi-verse, Inception). Still great.

S2 was off formula, not enough of just Rick and Morty exploring things and developing. First few episodes did, but after that it was just silly filler-like episodes. Not as well developed as the first season.
>>
Okay, i am really surprised; I seem to be the only one to equally love Season 1 and 2.
>>
>>78629072
Season 1 episodes were all-around pretty great. Season 2 episodes varied from being REALLY great to being really lame. But still worth watching overall.
>>
>>78632581
It was annoying, but at least they were entertaining because Jerry is a great character.
>>
>>78629773
Hey it happened with me with Samurai Flamenco.

I still don't know what to think. After that God damn gorrila I honestly was just dumbfounded for the rest of the ride.
>>
>>78629072
/co/ thinks of it what it thinks of everything
>Before release / first half of the season
Oh my god this is amazing! Please give me more, best show ever
>Second half of the season / after release
TUMBLR / REDDIT SHIT FUCK OFF. (insert creator here) IS A FUCKING HACK
>>
File: Aberystwyth-Storm-Jan-2014_1.jpg (33 KB, 460x276) Image search: [Google]
Aberystwyth-Storm-Jan-2014_1.jpg
33 KB, 460x276
I found that some episodes of S1 were great, some were merely alright.

My thoughts on S2 are the same.

I don't think its anywhere near as mindblowing as some make out, but conversely I don't think they've had a legitimately awful episode.

Worth watching when nothing else is on, but I wouldn't actively seek it out
>>
If someone doesn't like it because it's too much like something not-cartoon don't listen.
It's a good cartoon.
>>
>>78629072
>not sure what to think.

Great job, OP
>>
>>78629072
it's a meme show favoured by reddit
>>
>>78629711
>>78631451
>>78634735
I sure do love me some stale old memes.
>>
File: 1443484460414.jpg (26 KB, 720x404) Image search: [Google]
1443484460414.jpg
26 KB, 720x404
>>78629072
Since your needing in attention, here's Summer's bum.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.