[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Heel/Face Turn
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5
File: ...in my study.jpg (10 KB, 250x188) Image search: [Google]
...in my study.jpg
10 KB, 250x188
What shows start off bad, good or just decent, then all of the sudden become fucking incredible?
>>
>>78625010
I can't think of anything right now other than the op example. The earlier Orel episodes were funny and all, but it really blossomed when it started focusing on character development and continuity. Fucking execs are awful for cancelling it. I know this is a common sentiment. I just wanted to vent about it.
>>
Bojack Horseman does this in the last few episodes of the first season, although maybe not as drastically as Orel.
>>
F is for Family goes from OK to Great.

Morel Orel goes from Hilarious to "Make the fucking suffering end"
>>
>>78625010
>What shows start off bad, good or just decent
I feel like that's a pretty broad range.
>>
>>78625010
The Clone Wars, season 3.
>>
File: fuck you lookin at.png (189 KB, 400x350) Image search: [Google]
fuck you lookin at.png
189 KB, 400x350
>>78625010
ReBoot.
Everything changes up after the tearing and we get this whole thing about finding Bob and Mainframe, which seemed like an absurdly cheerful city goes all to hell.

Shit gets real
>sexydecimal
>>
>>78625746
I'm talking about a really phenomenal change
not just first season growing pains

Moral Orel had such a drastic change in to
>>
>>78625850
i don't know what happened
con't

in tone and content. this kind of change would stand out in your mind.
>>
>>78625010
For season 1 of Bojack the creators made a decision to split the season into two halves. One half that was lol so randumb type humor and the other that was a more introspective mission hill type thing. Their reasoning was, knowing that they'd be airing on Netflix and that people sit down and just binge entire seasons worth of content, they'd have two distinct tones to their season to keep things interesting.

Then everybody realize how shit the first half was compared to the second and they just stuck with that for season 2

It's very interesting
>>
>>78625787
And Megabyte lost his honor code. Which he semi-had in the beginning.
>>
File: Asami-Korra-cigars.jpg (346 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
Asami-Korra-cigars.jpg
346 KB, 1000x1000
>>78625746

Korra goes from Good to shit to back on its feet to absolute fucking irredeemably bad

Even seasons of Korra are some of the worst examples of writing ever implemented in a show.
>>
>>78626030
that fucking cliff hanger
also
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IfGKi2UuRfo
>honorable
>>
File: 1449442270451.png (345 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
1449442270451.png
345 KB, 1024x768
>>78625010
Heh, Wakfu of course. First half of 1 season (missing first two) are fillers with mainly toilet humor and simple animation. Second half is better and have a some cool action. And season 2 not only start nice, it had a lot of good eps and also have one of the biggest final battle in animation history (some 5-6 episodes only for that) full of actions and plot twists. And I didn't say anything about Ova and Dofus yet.
>>
>>78625010
Legion of Superheroes. It was pretty good at first, but the second season was excellent whenever it was focusing on Brainiac 5 (and still good when not) and the series finale was perfect.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.