[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anastasia
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5
Now that the Riley Andersen thread died out.
Can we have an Anastasia thread this time?
Favorite song?
Favorite character?
Favorite scene?
>>
>>78622458
Don't like musicals.
Favorite character is in the title.
The part on the train.
>>
>>78622458
Dark of the night.
Rasputin
The scene Dark of the night is in.
>>
Dark of the Night is my favorite song from the movie. Or the December song. I never liked this movie as a kid, but watching it again as an adult it's pretty good.
>>
Journey to the Past and At the Beginning are the best songs, but all the soundtrack is god-tier.
>>
>>78622458
My favorites:
Once Upon a December
Anastasia
Anastasia and Marie escaping from the Winter Palace.
>>
>>78622458
>Favorite song?
When I was going out with my ex, In the Dark of the Night because he was into that rock opera shit. But I've since come to my sense: Once Upon a December.
>Favorite character?
Vladimir is cute. But, actually, prob'ly Anna.
>Favorite scene?
Either FAR AWAY LONG AGO BURNING DIM AS AN EMBER or DASVIDANYA
>>
>>78623561
>Once Upon a December
Just went and watched it again, and noticed that her little brother walks with a limp. That attention to detail.
>>
Favorite song: Journey to the Past
Character: Anastasia
Scene: Once Upon a December. The animation, with the gradual warming up of colors and the room coming alive, is gorgeous.
>>
File: show_anastasia.jpg (25 KB, 300x390) Image search: [Google]
show_anastasia.jpg
25 KB, 300x390
From an article about the upcoming musical adaptation.

"We're taking the film and adapting it for the stage. It was an interesting way that came about. There was a producer in Russia - his name is Dmitry and his wife's name is Anastasia. They loved the film and they said they would love to produce this. [Dmitry Bogachev] was part of a larger group called Stage Entertainment Russia. The people from Stage Entertainment and their parent company came to see the reading and they loved our take.

We changed it quite a lot from the movie. The film didn't really deal with real elements of what went down in Russian history, and it was pitched to a much younger audience. So without alienating the family audience, we wanted to delve a little deeper into the real history and the emotional underpinnings that we weren't allowed to do in the animated film.
So [writing partner Lynn Ahrens and I] brought on Terrence McNally, the playwright, to do our book, and it's our third musical with him, after 'Ragtime' and 'Man of No Importance.' He had the same feeling about it we did; he didn't want to just put an animated film live onstage. That didn't interest us. This is a real reimagining of that fable, using six songs from the film and there are, right now, 15 new ones.

The producers saw it and loved it, so rather than [open] it in Russia, they decided to develop it as a Broadway-bound piece. I would love to see it go to Russia, but for right now we open at Hartford Stages in the spring, and our director is Darko Tresnjak [Tony-winning director of 'A Gentleman's Guide to Love and Murder.'] He understands musical theater, he understands opera, and he's very emotionally connected to this particular story.

Corey Cott did a reading, and he played the male lead. [Besides him], Aaron Tveit was one of our Dimitris - we're working with different people. Angela Lansbury was our first dowager empress... we haven't put our heads together with the casting director yet."
>>
>>78625061
Sauce?
Also, is it real?
>>
>>78625394
Yes, it's real.
http://communityvoices.post-gazette.com/arts-entertainment-living/onstage/item/39607-catching-up-with-the-busy-ragtime-and-rocky-composer-stephen-flaherty-during-his-return-to-pittsburgh
>>
File: tumblr_ltorvmuTHh1qkti21.jpg (71 KB, 500x312) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ltorvmuTHh1qkti21.jpg
71 KB, 500x312
>>78625394
Real. Will also be based more on the play and '56 film (which the 1997 Don Bluth movie adapted). No magic or zombie Rasputin. The 'villain' will be someone that knows Anya from the streets, is in love with her, but is rising politically and is sent to track her down when he finds out she's fled the country illegally with people claiming she's a Romanov.
>>
>>78625535
>>78625775
Thanks for the info.
>>
File: 1446597575425.png (505 KB, 565x602) Image search: [Google]
1446597575425.png
505 KB, 565x602
>>78625061
>Aaron Tveit as Dimitri
>mfw
>>
>>
>>78622458
I liked the part where the commissar showed up and shot everyone for singing and dancing instead of working.
>>
>>78625061
I also think it's important to note that Stephen Flaherty and Lynn Ahrens wrote all the original songs from Anastasia, as well as all the new ones for the stage adaptation.
>>
>>78622458
Why is Liz Callaway the best?
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.