[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>/co/ discussing something before it's released "looks
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 6
File: co discusses thing.jpg (309 KB, 1342x2358) Image search: [Google]
co discusses thing.jpg
309 KB, 1342x2358
>/co/ discussing something before it's released
"looks great"
"can't wait for this"
"gonna be the best ever"
"let's hype it for months"

>/co/ discussing something after it's released
"it's shit"
"overrated"
"pretentious"
"mediocre at best"
>>
>>78619234
Yes, /co/ has no way of telling the future. Something may look good in the previews/trailer and then turn out to be total shit.
>>
>>78619234
The second part only happens if its popular
>>
>>78619234
Usually the haters don't take over right away, it takes them a while. The better the thing is the longer it takes the haters to really flood. Otherwise they're just largely ignored. Look at TWS, it's only just now getting hate. That took a damned long time.
>>
>>78619234
If it's successful, expect people to hate it regardless of quality.
Like whatever the fuck you want to like. Don't let anonymous fuckers on the internet dictate your tastes/
>>
File: 1451545201316.jpg (514 KB, 1280x1707) Image search: [Google]
1451545201316.jpg
514 KB, 1280x1707
Only thing better than hyping it up is tearing it down.
>>
>>78619234
>"looks great"
>"can't wait for this"
>"gonna be the best ever"
>"let's hype it for months"

that's not always true
>>
>>78619234
its just the cycle of things
>>
More like

"looks like shit"
"this is going to suck"
"[insert company here] is dead"
"only [arbitrarily selected group of people] will like this trash"

>/co/ discussing something after it's released
"that was great"
"it was surprisingly good"
"totally exceeded my expectations"
"i told you guys it would be awesome"

>/co/ discussing something after it gets popular
"it's shit"
"overrated"
"pretentious"
"mediocre at best"
>>
File: index.jpg (9 KB, 236x214) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
9 KB, 236x214
>>78622337
This
>>
File: B5OovtyCYAIYPtn.jpg (24 KB, 495x495) Image search: [Google]
B5OovtyCYAIYPtn.jpg
24 KB, 495x495
>>78619234

>implying we all agree on things

Look OP, I'm really sorry to hear that you got upset when someone called your favorite movie an overrated pretentious piece of shit, but don't blame the board or our culture. People are entitled to their opinion, man
>>
>>78622337
Yeah, that's actually much more accurate. Not just for /co/ either, that goes for all of 4chan except /tv/, where everything's always shit.
>>
>>78622513
except for little girls
>>
>>78619444
Yep there are so many other times when its called too cluttered, the writer/director is a failure who deserves no chance, or something along those lines. Followed by being justified in saying it was gonna be terrible before.
>>
>>78622411
>don't blame the culture

That's rich coming from a Pepe posting faggot.
>>
pottery
>>
>>78619234
In other words, people's real opinions shine through after the shills stop getting paid
>>
>>78619234
With this new found information that no one has ever discovered before you in this post, I will change my ways to suit your ideal hugbox.
>>
>>78619320
Things that are popular are almost universally bad, though.

Mainstream appeal can only be achieved by lacking depth, since the mainstream consumer doesn't want depth. If the average consumer is capable of understanding something it's almost always a sign that it's lacking in substance with few exceptions - and in the cases of those exceptions, it's because the general public is misinterpreting the message of a smart work that they don't actually get.

Avoiding things with mainstream appeal isn't pretension, it's being a smart consumer. Have you met the average person? They're fucking stupid. They like stupid things. They consume stupid media, and they reject smart media.

Don't mistake this as me saying that everything that's critically acclaimed is bad, since critics and mainstream audiences are generally on separate wavelengths, but everything that's mainstream is near universally also bad.
>>
>>78623733
more like contrarian faggots take over after the shills leave
honest opinions are rare
>>
>>78619234
I never understood why Vader has a harmonica mounted inside his helmet.
>>
File: 1450550593756.jpg (430 KB, 732x1025) Image search: [Google]
1450550593756.jpg
430 KB, 732x1025
>How do you know it will be bad, you haven't seen it yet

>Did you even watch the movie?

>Now that the dust has cleared, can we all agree that...

>Fuck you, I liked it

>There will be a sequel if the first film makes enough money

>The film is good because it's making a lot of money

>The film is bad because it has a low RottenTomatoes score

>The film will be bad because it reminds me of similar films that I didn't like
>>
>>78626920
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVzc20Bm8Xo
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.