[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
In your opinion what are the best and absolute worst when it
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5
In your opinion what are the best and absolute worst when it comes to comic book adaptions in film?

Best:
Batman 1989
Batman Begins
The Dark Knight
The Crow
Iron Man
Captain America: TFW
Captain America: TWS
X-Men 2
X-Men First Class
X-Men DOFP
Superman 2
Blade
Blade 2
The Punisher 04
Punisher Warzone

Worst:
Batman Returns
Batman & Robin
Batman Forever
Ghost Rider
Ghost Rider 2
Superman Returns
Fantastic Four
Fantastic Four 2
F4ntastic
Thor
Thor 2
Guardians Of The Galaxy
Spider-Man
Spider-Man 2
Spider-Man 3
>>
>>78618143
Captain America: TFA**
>>
>Not even disguising the bait.
>>
File: 1451452696765.jpg (79 KB, 716x768) Image search: [Google]
1451452696765.jpg
79 KB, 716x768
>Best
The Dank Meme rises
>Worst
Everything else
>>
File: 1431221798857.jpg (102 KB, 916x690) Image search: [Google]
1431221798857.jpg
102 KB, 916x690
>>78618210
There is no bait

>Wah someone doesn't like my favorite movie they must b trollan
Grow up
>>
What's wrong with Batman Returns?
>>
>>78618968
Nothing. It was as good as 89.
>>
File: 1394564655315.jpg (12 KB, 343x357) Image search: [Google]
1394564655315.jpg
12 KB, 343x357
>be younger me
>been a Ghost Rider since I was a kid
>movie announced, hype as fuck
>tell my friends it's going to be amazing
>we all go see it
>it most certainly isn't amazing
>friends still bring it up even after all this time
>mfw

I still say it would've been leagues better had Nicholas Cage not been involved in any way.
>>
>>78619082
>Not wanting Nic Cage

Shit taste anon
>>
>>78619082
Nic Cage wasn't what was wrong with Ghost Rider.
Its biggest problem was Mark Steven Johnson in the writer/director's chair.
This faggot started strongly enough writing the Grumpy Old Men movies, then went on to shit the bed directing Simon Birch, a godawful adaptation of the unadaptable Prayer for Owen Meany. Then he goes and farts and shits all over capeshit with Affleck Daredevil.
Then WB decides that all this sequential retardation is exactly what was needed to translate the Ghost Rider franchise to the screen. He's gone on to direct a Disney romantic comedy called When in Rome and Killing Season, which is the worst Robert De Niro movie ever made.

Nic Cage is only guilty of doing what he's told, like always.
>>
>>78618143
Does the Dark Knight trilogy even count as a comic book adaption in film?
>>
>>78619082
Nah, Nick Cage is one of the best actors of the modern era. You don't understand his type of acting, which is fine. It's ok to admit when you don't understand something.
>>
>>78618968
I didn't like it. Felt more like a full Tim Burton film than Burton putting a tiny bit of his style on Batman

I get that Burton fans will enjoy this, I've never been huge him
>>
>>78619833
Watched them back to back about a week ago, and atmospherically they were about the same. Returns was a bit more Burtonesque, but not as much as you'd think. I feel this was due to the lack of Prince and the sheer scope of his Penguin overhaul.
>>
>>78620068
>but not as much as you'd think.

I don't know man...to me Devito and Catwoman concepts/characters seemed extremely over the top Burton, like they'd fit in perfectly in Beetlejuice or as background monsters in Halloween Town

It also just took things a bit too far for me, I know people will say "well 89 was goofy too" which it was...but I can buy wacko Jackos antics a bit more than intelligent penguins and literally super natural alley cats
>>
>>78620241
I'll give you Penguin, but Pfeiffer's Catwoman was only overtly Burton-like when she was revived, and her nine lives power (which was appropriately removed by the end of the movie). The revenge plot was logical, considering what happened, and it was nice seeing the character as something other than a jewel thief.

I'll go ahead and say he put a bit more of himself into the sequel. That said I'm not huge on Burton either, and it still felt like the logical next step to the film franchise at that point. It still worked as a standalone Batman movie.
>>
For as much as I liked the GotG movie, it really was an awful adaptation.
I hope it's more on point for the sequel, but I'm not holding my breath.
>>
Best:
Batman 1989
Batman Begins
The Dark Knight
The Crow
Iron Man
Captain America: TFW
Captain America: TWS
X-Men 2
X-Men First Class
X-Men DOFP
Superman (Donner Cut)
Superman 2
Blade
Blade 2
The Punisher 04
Spider-Man 2
Guardians Of The Galaxy
Hellboy

Worst:
Batman Returns
Batman & Robin
Batman Forever
Ghost Rider
Ghost Rider 2
Superman Returns
Fantastic Four
Fantastic Four 2
F4ntastic
Thor
Thor 2
Spider-Man
Spider-Man 3
Green Lantern
Daredevil
>>
Just off the top of my head wheres muh
>Constantine
>V for Vendetta
>Watchmen
>Jonah Hex
>A History of Violence
>Sin City
>Swamp Thing
>Steel
>Supergirl
>A Quest For Peace
>Litterally every animated movie
>Tons of other movies
>>
>>78619833
>>78620068
>>78620241
>>78620396
I usually find Burton to be too much, but I really liked Returns, better than the first one in fact. I really like the main trio of actors, and I guess I'm a sucker for comfy winter settings. I try to watch it every Christmas.
>>
>>78618143
> not liking Batman Returns or the first two Raimi flicks
Nice bait
>>
>>78621429
The list wasn't for if they were good or bad.
It was for if they are good adaptations. Obviously that's a different discussion.
>>
>>78620396
It was pretty over the top in my opinion which, is fine for some people I think a main part of why I would put it on my "worst" list is really just that I'm annoyed I'll never get my idea of a perfect sequel to Batman, which is one of my favorite films period, even outside of capeshit.

I feel like while Batman has it's share of sillyness, the "darkness" in it feels a bit more real....like Nicholson really can pull off a disturbing threatening vibe to me, while Penguin just seemed zany and evil in a more cartoonish way

>>78620752
To each their own, I mean if there was anything I liked about Returns it probably was the winter setting, visually it was nice but the whole movie seemed too "out there" for me

>>78621429
You can't tell me why the first two are better than the third, because they aren't. They're just as hamfisted and with just awful dialogue, the only pro they have on Spider-Man 3 is that they're not as jumbled, but being sloppily put together is far from the only thing wrong with Spidey 3, and all of those other things wrong are present in the ones that came before it as well

>>78620470
Oh fuck I forgot about Green Lantern, fuck you for reminding me
>>
File: 102490618572_o.jpg (84 KB, 1200x720) Image search: [Google]
102490618572_o.jpg
84 KB, 1200x720
>>78618143
>Batman Returns = Worst
>Raimi Spider-Man
Shill bait.
>>
>>78618143
>Captain America: TFW
...dead bucky?
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.