[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Lets discuss for a moment what a monumentally stupid weapon Wolverine's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5
File: claws.jpg (68 KB, 420x262) Image search: [Google]
claws.jpg
68 KB, 420x262
Lets discuss for a moment what a monumentally stupid weapon Wolverine's claws are

Like, tape a dagger to the back of your hand really securely. Is that a good weapon?

No, no it's not. You'd be a thousand times better off with a sword. So would anyone. So would Logan.

Isn't he a trained swordsman? Why doesn't he just carry and use a sword? It would be so much more effective
>>
>>78608328
Arent they made out of a bullshit strong material though? And due to the fact they are going to be crazy hard to disarm, and they can "Easily" cut through other metals, the pros should outweigh the cons.. But hey, that's just my opinion.
>>
>>78608328

Without his claws he would no longer be Snikt-bub, just a normal Bub.
>>
Wolverine's claws are a mutation though. He was just born with them.

You wouldn't complain that concussive blasts from your eyes that you can't turn off aren't as useful as a gun.
>>
>>78608394
>dagger to the back of your hand really securely. Is that a good weapon?

Micron thick, too.

Ultimately meaningless against Magneto, tho. As a kid, reading the issue where he gets the metal ripped out of pores - how does Mags just not do that every time? Why would Wolverine ever speak to Magneto?
>>
File: 4283191966_44fce14fa3_b.jpg (76 KB, 640x425) Image search: [Google]
4283191966_44fce14fa3_b.jpg
76 KB, 640x425
How does it even work?

How far into his arm do they retract?

If they just go back just behind his knuckles, like it always appears to be, then the back end of the blade must sit inside his wrist and going up into his forearm. Then how does he twist his wrist at all with three flat blades running straight down into his hand? Is he constantly cutting himself inside his wrist?
>>
The Weapon X program originally inserted them into his arms so he would always have a discrete hidden killing weapon that couldn't ever be taken away. Kind of like the blades in Assassins Creed
>>
>>78608627
Don't inject logic into the snikt.

Remember when he had like a serrated bit at the base of his claws in the late 70s early 80s comics? I can't find an image.
>>
File: 717394-wolverineshand.jpg (37 KB, 1099x527) Image search: [Google]
717394-wolverineshand.jpg
37 KB, 1099x527
>>78608627
>>
>>78608607

If I were Magneto, I probably wouldn't go so far as to tear the adamantium out of Wolverine's body - I'd probably round the claws out and curl them so he has to walk around with unbreakable little swirls sticking out of his knuckles.
>>
>>78608627
>>
>>78608853
So adamanteem knuckles?
>>
File: Untitled.png (122 KB, 176x256) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
122 KB, 176x256
>>78608892
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.