[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Wasted potential. They make cartoons with the Avengers, a Hulk
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 9
File: Ultimate-Spider-Man.jpg (52 KB, 575x319) Image search: [Google]
Ultimate-Spider-Man.jpg
52 KB, 575x319
Wasted potential. They make cartoons with the Avengers, a Hulk team, and Spider-Man. Great animation, great art styles, and it's all wasted with cheap comedy and the most cliche stories. Why did Marvel go in this direction? Was it even successful?
>>
Mcu synergy.

And I don't call CG backgrounds good animation. Makes everything feel cold.
>>
>>78606472
Loeb
>>
Spectacular and EMH were shows created by fans of Marvel as a whole.

These shows are made by fans of the movies.
>>
>>78606809
>implying Paul Dini and Man of Action aren't fans of Marvel as a whole
>>
>>78606472
>Great animation

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

You're joking, right?
>>
File: okay show.jpg (113 KB, 500x496) Image search: [Google]
okay show.jpg
113 KB, 500x496
>>78606472
This.
>>
>>78606472
>Great animation
>Great art styles

Wew, lad.
>>
>>78606472
SPECTACULAR SPECTAULAR SPIDER-MAN
>killed so this could exist. What a waste
>>
>>78606472
>Spider-Man having cheap comedy and cliché stories
Well I'll be!
>>
I don't like the art style, it's too generic and boring. Even shows with derided art styles like Spectacular Spider-Man and Beware the Batman had more personality and style than modern Marvel cartoons.

>>78607450
Dini's been phoning it in ever since Arkham City and he's barely involved with the shows anymore. MofA was always mediocre.
>>
>>78607879
>>78607489
yeah, lol.
>couple sweet action here and there, but they barely get to emote
>repetitive af character models
>>
Comedy is what the masses like about the MCU. Who cares about story?
>>
>>78606809
EMH was the only love letter from disney to Marvel fans.
>>
>>78608372
I still don't get why they cancelled considering Disney was already producing it and it fits the Avengers quota.

Actually, I miss loose synergy. DC used to be good about this, until they started forcing in New 52 garbage everywhere. But they're not as bad as Marvel is at homogenizing everything to shill to the MCU.
>>
>>78606472
>Why did Marvel go in this direction?
Kids love it
>>
>>78608419
I thought it was canned after the writers were pulled for the first Avengers Movie?
>>
Hawkeye and Thor are the only good parts.
>>
>>78608657
No, they only worked on Thor 2.

But why would they can the entire show? Couldn't they just promote someone in the crew or have a new showrunner? It's not unheard of.
>>
>>78607844
true
>>
>>78608758
the EMH's formula was changing as is b/c Loeb.
When Disney finally got Spider-man, Loeb figured the cartoons needed the same kind of synergy
>>
60's Spider-man, 90's Spider-man and Spectacular Spider-man all have memorable theme songs.
Does this one?
>>
File: 1409088673789.jpg (24 KB, 286x288) Image search: [Google]
1409088673789.jpg
24 KB, 286x288
>>78606472
>anything Spider-Man related
>having potential
>>
File: 1448175583493.jpg (36 KB, 309x331) Image search: [Google]
1448175583493.jpg
36 KB, 309x331
>Japanese people that only knew Marvel due to the Capcom games can push a better Avengers cartoon than Marvel employees
>>
File: 1447123042293.png (298 KB, 500x628) Image search: [Google]
1447123042293.png
298 KB, 500x628
>>78612788
>>
File: 1383098123888.png (608 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1383098123888.png
608 KB, 1280x720
>>78612753
Nah, brah. Theme songs are thing of the past.

>>78612788
>he hasn't seen Spectacular Spider-Man
>>
>>78606472

It's so weird how disney can't make good cartoons for marvel
>>
>>78608306
The problem is the comedy isn't even good.
>>
File: 1441608178939.jpg (35 KB, 454x445) Image search: [Google]
1441608178939.jpg
35 KB, 454x445
>>78614077
>Nah, brah. Theme songs are thing of the past

This board is full of fucking heathens.
>>
>>78608758

Marvel let Loeb play with it, and he thought kids would never understand the idea behind a large, season encompassing arc filled with smaller arcs.

Had they never put him in charge, we would have had S2 dealing with alien threats on earth, then S3 dealing with the Avengers in space, kicking off Cosmic marvel.

Instead we got a rushed Skrull story, that I'm convinced was only so long because S1 set it up to be long. Then we got nothing for a while, as the Hulk sat in jail for no reason, only to be freed, stick around for the episode, then fuck off immediately, destined to never show up again until the terrible finale. At some point someone said SURPRISE! KREE TIME!!! Then a few things happened on earth and the Avengers ended up travelling through a worm hole to the Kree home world, where they cleaned up everything in 2-3 episodes.

Then Galactus, eater of worlds, one of the most difficult enemies the Avengers have ever faced, shows up for the season finale. They beat him in a single episode with Tony "The one who does no bad" Stark pulling something out of his ass. The original roster shows up in the same area for a second and the show ends. We don't even get Cap yelling "Avengers! Assemble!" with that perfect Cap casting either.

S2 was just a train wreck brought on by an idiot as an excuse to get the worst cape cartoon ever to start.
>>
>>78615878
>implying the first seasons didn't have continuous plots
At least watch the shows before you shit talk these pieces of garbage
>>
>>78606472
Jeph Loeb should die of cancer for getting EMH cancelled.

yes im being that mean. but that man sucks and has fucking ruined more than enough entertainment for 10 lives, let alone the one crippingly sad one he lives now
>>
File: 382201-42744-stephen-wacker.jpg (8 KB, 207x297) Image search: [Google]
382201-42744-stephen-wacker.jpg
8 KB, 207x297
>>78606790
>>78612729
>>78615878
>>78619373

Jeph Loeb isn't in charge of Marvel Animation, Stephen Wacker is.
>>
>>78619373

What about shitting on his son's grave just to piss him off?
>>
>>78619503
did you?

>>78619461
i mean this happened way back in, what, 2010? or 2011? coulda sworn it was loeb back then.
>>
>>78615878
Season three was supposed to be the "magic" season, introducing Scarlet Witch, Doctor Strange, end of the Ragnarok storyline, etc.
>>
>>78606472
>Was it even successful?
success is 9 parts luck and 1 part cheating
>>
>>78617999
>trips confirm retard can't read
>>
>>78620620
>9 is my lucky number
>I'm too drunk to realize he was talking about EMH
I'm sorry
>>
>>78619461
It's getting slightly better. GotG can be decent when it's not aping the movie. But even the lesser DC shows run circles around them.
>>
>>78620666
>more trips
>satanic ones at that
i was gonna be cool and say everyone makes mistakes but fuck you
>>
>>78620717
I'm scared to post now.
>>
>>78620769
69 is still pretty good, if you're into that sort of thing. =3
>>
>>78607996
But Joe Kelly is part of MoA and people on /co/ praise his Spider-Man comics.
>>
>>78620955
He's only PART of MoA. Too many cooks, etc.

Remember when they were trying to shill the Deadpool episode was being written by Kelly, when actually it was just MoA and one scab writer?
>>
>>78606472
Weirdly enough, one of my favorite parts of Avengers Assemble was probably the Ultron episodes, if only because shit happened.

After the asspull to get him into the plot, Ultron shows up right away and establishes himself as a threat.
Gets shit done, actually threatens the Avengers.
Best of all, it doesn't fucking drag on forever. Ultron does his thing and fucks right off from the plot. Though apparently the new season being called "Ultron Revolution" is making me reconsider that part.

That said, it could have done without the same mistake the other adaptations make, and fucked off with the movie references.

>"Haha, so much for the AVENGERS 2: AGE OF ULTRON, IN THEATERS NOW KIDS!"
>"YOU CAN'T PUT STRINGS ON ME, WHICH IS A LINE I SAID IN THE TRAILERS. GO TO THE MOVIES AND WATCH ME SAY IT THERE TOO.I won't."

That said, some of the episode plots are goddamn ridiculous.

Why do we need an episode of Thor having to go back to Asgardian High School because he didn't graduate, which was literally an episode of Hey Arnold!

How many episodes do we need where Falcon's not sure of his place on the team, then finds out at the end he had one all along?

OH LOOK, ANOTHER EPISODE WHERE AN AVENGER(S) ARE AT ODDS WITH ANOTHER AVENGER(S), WHO WANTS TO BET THEY'LL COME TO A COMPLETE UNDERSTANDING WITH EACH OTHER BY THE END SO IT'LL NEVER BE BROUGHT UP AGAIN UNTIL THE NEXT TIME THEY NEED A REASON TO HAVE A PROBLEM WITH EACH OTHER?

Hulk and Thor having their rivalry doesn't count. It's genuinely amusing at times and they already have an understanding that they're battle buddies/powerhouse rivals.

OUR WORLD'S ABOUT TO BREAK
>>
>>78606472
The GotG shorts were good but yeah the cartoon itself is shit and it's obvious that they didn't think this through aside from the fact that they wanted to copy the first movie.

James Gunn is even refraining from seeing it especially since the guy is very on point with what he likes and doesn't like, but he did say he dislike's the cartoon's playlist.

>>78607450
This is what hurts the most, especially since in USM the Deadpool episode was written by Joe Kelly without Man of Action and it was one of the most cringey and dumb episodes ever...

Honestly is it the writing direction? They don't give a shit?
>>
>>78619461
Loeb WAS in charge and the reason EMH was cancelled.

The cartoons are now slightly more tolerable but still mediocre, GotG however is fucking awful but seeing how Wacker edits Bendis' GotG comic I can see why.
>>
>>78622143
Which is weird, because Ultimate Spiderman with all the fourth wall jokes and dumb humor seems like it'd be the perfect show for Deadpool(could even be a Deadpool show if they bump the maturity rating up a few notches).

I did get a chuckle at the start though, when Spiderman's starting to do his fourth wall-breaking mopey whining, when Deadpool cuts in with "This shits' boring, let's watch me fight ninjas."
>>
>>78608419
>I still don't get why they cancelled considering Disney was already producing it and it fits the Avengers quota.
Jeph Loeb claimed the show needed to focus more on Cap, Iron Man, Thor and Hulk.
>>
>>78615878
Actually, up until the Spider-Man episode was the normal season 2. After that Yost was booted and Loeb took over. The episodes after were heavily influenced by Loeb, such as Powers was supposed to be about Clint and Carol leading the powerless Avengers, but instead that episode cut out all of that so we could see the main 3 mope around and fight the Destroyer. Hell, even the beginning of that episode felt extremely off with the CGI backgrounds.

The last four episodes were still leftover Yost stuff. Fun fact, Mockingbird was supposed to be in that New Avengers episode, but they thought they could cut money by not bringing the voice actor in. If you want proof, notice when the map activates for the New Avengers, there are 8 circles, and only 7 show up in the show.
>>
>>78622118
>That said, some of the episode plots are goddamn ridiculous.

Lol they kind of already go through a mini Civil War for like 3 or 4 episodes in AA but since they need to advertise Cap 3 they are going to go through another one again!

>Why do we need an episode of Thor having to go back to Asgardian High School because he didn't graduate, which was literally an episode of Hey Arnold!

Or the episode were the Avengers freak out because Falcon's mom is coming to visit and they want to hide from her the fact that Sam is an Avenger for whatever reason.

Admittedly I enjoyed the Squadron Supreme arc, only because it was something new and they had some of the old JLU VAs.
>>
File: 1397290372879.jpg (56 KB, 427x356) Image search: [Google]
1397290372879.jpg
56 KB, 427x356
>>78606472
>GREAT ANIMATION
>>
Honestly I wouldn't mind some direct to DVD self contained Marvel Animations the way DC does just so we can get some good animation stories from people that care.

Although seeing how the last time they did that for Ultimates and just some shitty Iron man Animes I guess I can see why they stopped.
>>
>>78622414
>Or the episode were the Avengers freak out because Falcon's mom is coming to visit and they want to hide from her the fact that Sam is an Avenger for whatever reason.

Jesus christ, I think I blocked that episode out, I didn't remember it at all until you mentioned it.

I liked the Squadron Supreme to a point. Biggest dislike was Not!Batman, who basically acted like how internet nerds think Batman is, and was basically unstoppable because he always had a counter-plan for literally everything until he suddenly didn't because reasons.

>Haha, we just killed the Avengers. We didn't find their bodies at all, but they must be dead.
>Wait, our robots are being destroyed. It must be...a completely different group of people avenging the Avengers.
>I won't even entertain the idea that the Avengers could have possibly survived.
>Wait, the Avengers are alive, I couldn't have possibly seen this coming and have absolutely no idea how we're supposed to beat the Avengers!
>>
>>78606472
The thing I hate most about these animations is the one "Here's object in your eye" joke. It's mostly Rulk's catchphrase but I've heard at least once in the other two
>>
>>78622236
No. He said he wanted kids to be able to watch from any episode and not get confused/ miss out on the story if they skipped a previous ep.

He wanted a Simpsons / family guy rather than something serialized
>>
>>78622236
>>78622227
yea because he's a faggot hack that needs to be put in an assisted living home

or euthanized
>>
>>78622118
They have the Avengers acting like kids and being childish and not in a funny way eitheir, like I am OK with Hulk making jabs at Thor and Hawkeye or making fun of them and vice versa type of stuff

Like the way Hulk tricks Hawkeye into joining the Avengers was pretty brilliant or when they both just watch Steve training Tony because Tony keeps jobbing pretty hard and they thought it was funny, shit like that is good.

But no they fight to see who gets to ride shotgun on the Quinjet, they fight for game controllers, or cookies in the fridge, it's so idiotic and childish and I guess they think kids will relate but it's just not how those characters should be behaving.

Oh and the unending rampant fart jokes and BO jokes (especially with Hulk and at some point there's a weird smell my finger joke) which also extended to GotG when Rocket for whatever reason tells Peter Quill that he smells bad or when the Milano gets a hole blown in it's walls and the vacuum of space is suctioning them out so Drax uses his body to plug it and he just farts afterwards.

Fuck it at least we got EMH and we got an interesting GotG episode from it
>>
>>78622689
Which still fails because there were still season-long story arcs(see: Thanos and the Infinity Stones.

Speaking of, I'm still pissed how fucking hard Thanos jobbed against the Avengers.

I understand that they needed SOME way of beating him when he's basically omnipotent, but really? He's dumb enough to fall for the "I'll bet you can't beat us while crippling yourself for no reason" dare? Fuck off.
>>
>>78622673
The first time I heard "here's mud in your eye!" was in Shattered Dimensions when Amazing was kicking Sandmans ass.
>>
>>78622414
>and they had some of the old JLU VAs.

Only Phil LaMarr returned. Kid Flash from YJ voiced Speed Demon and Batman from Beware the Batman was Nighthawk.
>>
>>78622143
>especially since in USM the Deadpool episode was written by Joe Kelly without Man of Action

See >>78621764
>>
>>78622689
He did say that, but he also said "Focus more on Captain America, Thor, Iron Man and Hulk" because he assumed people only watched the show for them.
>>
>>78622798
Thing is, that's what comics are becoming and celebrated by online communities.
>>
>>78622816
>Which still fails because there were still season-long story arcs(see: Thanos and the Infinity Stones.
Yes, because we two versions of media setting up the same fucking story.
>>
There was the episode where Spidey had an old-timey flashback, and his costume was right, and the animation was actually interesting and looked a lot like the original 60's comics, and it was...good. Sadly it was a shitty episode overall, and the good part only lasted like 5 minutes.

There's parts of USM that I wanna like, and then there's so fuckign much that I fucking hate.
Flash Thompson is an idiot that is the chosen one for the symbiote, and Shield had zero say on whether a fucking idiot high school football jock was qualified to be in possession of a fucking dangerous weapon that had repeatedly been used to terrorize the city.
ALSO FUCK HIM HE DOES NOT GET TO DRESS UP AS SCARLET SPIDER THAT FUCKING CUNT

Fuck having Luke Cage and Iron Fist be high school students. Literally there's plenty of other high school-aged superheroes these days. Ms Marvel. Cloak n Dagger. Though C&D would be tough seeing as their origin story was literally "hey we're junkies who were given not-heroin and became superheroes."

Fuck making Coulson their principal. sure it's cool they included that character, but making him the principal at super hero high school? fuck no.

Fuck the spider-cycle.
fuck the shitty shield web shooter.
fuck spider-man being "leader" of a team of Marvels teen titans.

Fuck Ultimate Spider-Man. This show is garbage.
>>
>>78626951
I know he's part of MoA but I don't think the other guys were involved in that episode and it was just Kelly, I might be wrong.
>>
>>78612804
On that topic, how were the Marvel Amines? Iron Man and Wolverine.
I'm surprised they haven't tried to get rights for a Spiderman anime adaptation. Put him in a Japanese high school, and shit writes itself
>>
>>78615878
>>78619373
Don't forget he was the one that ordered to re-dub Josh Keaton with the awful Drake Bell voice.
Yost was a fan of Spectacular Spider-man and wanted to make a homage in EMH.
>>
>>78629445
Only Disk Wars was good.
>>
>>78612804
I honestly fucking loved Disc Wars
>>
>>78629445
That Iron Man anime is pretty bad. The animation is good, but everything else is mediocre.
>>
>>78622344
Is it pre or post spiderman episode that things go downhill?

I love that episode for showing how some people hate heroes in the marvel universe.
>>
>>78631572
>>78631560
It's over? Fuck.
I don't think Venom ever appeared outside of the black suit episodes, and that kind of really sucks.
>>
>>78628518
They were. Again, Marvel desperately tried to shill Kelly's minimal involvement.
Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.