[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
is this any good?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: TMNT_brandsplash_712.jpg (154 KB, 869x580) Image search: [Google]
TMNT_brandsplash_712.jpg
154 KB, 869x580
is this any good?
>>
meh
>>
>>78600814
Its got its ups and downs.
>>
>>78600814
It's very much a mixed bag. The first two seasons were solid, but season 3 was all over the place in terms of quality, with April being the worst part about this season. Season 4 is looking to continue that trend, but Casey Jones is just godawful this time around. Just the human characters in general are overall worse than the mutants.
>>
>>78600814
not really
>>
It's the worst TMNT since IDW one
>>
>>78603610
No bait allowed in 2016.
>>
>>78603626
2003 TMNT stays the best TMNT ever created.
>>
>>78603637
First seasons yes.
>>
>>78600814
Yes
>>
>>78602231
Agreed. They need to make a TMNT cartoon without April and Casey. They're uninteresting at best and annoying at worst.
>>
>>78605359
>without April and Casey
Next Mutation in cartoon?
>>
It's decent. The writing is very uneven though. Sometimes it'll surprise you with how great it can be, but most of the time the writers take the easy way out with plot contrivances and characters acting like idiots for no reason.

The 2003 series is definitely better.
>>
>>78600814
first two seasons are decent...but by season 3, you notice something doesn't feel right.
>>
>>78605359
wtf anon.
>uninteresting at best & annoying at worst HERE
>take em' out of subsequent adaptations
>>
>>78605681
Just because April and Casey were always part of TMNT mythos doesn't mean they aren't awful. In shows starring anthros? The humans always tend to suck.
>>
>>78606434
April and Casey are not that great in this cartoon but you can find better versions elsewhere.
>>
>>78606434
>...doesn't mean they aren't awful
they aren't.
I lean towards 2k3 and IDW on how to portray those 2.
>>
>>78600814

The first season has really strong comedic writing

The second season they sacrificed that writing and started to focus more on lore and I got bored with it

I stopped when they did the 80's reunion, that felt like a thematically good place to end my involvement with TMNT cartoons
>>
The writers really need to let go of their nostalgia boners
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.