[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /co/, I'm just a random /a/non but I would like some
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 6
File: 1389355843316.jpg (2 MB, 2230x4000) Image search: [Google]
1389355843316.jpg
2 MB, 2230x4000
Hey /co/, I'm just a random /a/non but I would like some recommendation for comics please.

Reading something else once in a while is nice, especially when you don't have anymore manga to read.

To be more specific, I would like the name of a comic that some people from /co/ recommended me back in 2013. (They also recommend Powers which I greatly enjoyed until the third or fourth volume)

So basically the story is about some guy who work with/for the police with his special power, but he needs to eat the thing he want to seek out to use his power, may it be wood or shit; or something like that.

Does it ring a bell?
>>
File: Chew-Zone-009.jpg (2 MB, 1280x800) Image search: [Google]
Chew-Zone-009.jpg
2 MB, 1280x800
You are thinking of Chew.
>>
File: Chew1.jpg (429 KB, 1067x800) Image search: [Google]
Chew1.jpg
429 KB, 1067x800
some recs here (not updated)
http://comraderecs.tumblr.com/

the comic you're talking about is Chew

also let's just make this a general rec thread

does anyone know any good relationship-drama comics? I've been digging relationship movies and I want to read it as comics too.
>>
>>78589177
>>78589249
Aaah fuck yeah I found it on TPB (the only way I can find comics) thank you guys!
But by the way, does the comic community has site like nyaatorrents or Bakabt for comics and cartoons?
>>
File: 14_10.jpg (257 KB, 1000x1537) Image search: [Google]
14_10.jpg
257 KB, 1000x1537
>>78589249
It's not about relationships but Rachel Rising has the best romantic plot going on in comics right now.
>>
>>78589249
The links to the lists on the tumblr haven't worked for a while. The images are still there, but you have to search for them to get them.
>>
>>78589320
There's comicbt, if you can get an invite. Other than that you're stuck with kickass, TPB, and other general torrent sites.
>>
>>78589123
In all seriousness, why can't you just look for stuff to read for yourself?

Why in the hell would you go to 4chan for recommendations?

I simply do not understand why you idiots are so defensive of this practice. It's pointless insanity.
>>
File: P00034.jpg (699 KB, 1200x1585) Image search: [Google]
P00034.jpg
699 KB, 1200x1585
>>78589249
>does anyone know any good relationship-drama comics?

Check out The Bellybuttons.
There are six translated issues. It starts as a fairly standard, but fun, comedy series, but you do get invested in the story and there are some neat twists here and there.
>>
>>78589616
To see what other people like and try things you haven't heard of before?
>>
>>78589616
What the hell are you on about?
/co/ has always been good at recommending stuff. I've learned about many good series here, and have recommended a lot to others too.

There's a big difference between asking on /co/, where you can have a conversation about the subject, and then looking at "top-10 comics from 2015" lists.
>>
>>78589616
Because of you go somewhere else looking for comic recommendations you'll get told things like Squirrel Girl, Rat Queens, or events.
>>
>>78589689
>To see what other people like
What other people like is largely irrelevant.

>try things you haven't heard of before
If one wants to find obscure comics, they can just type "obscure comics" into a search engine. This is the Internet after all. That's kind of what it's for.

>>78589695
>There's a big difference between asking on /co/
No there isn't. /co/ is still on 4chan, and it's been getting worse every single day. Nobody talks about comics or cartoons anymore, despite your precious rec threads. So what is the point of having them?
>>
>>78589797
>What other people like is largely irrelevant.
Not really, by asking people what they like you open up the opportunity for people to talk about why they like something and you can compare it to things you want to read.
Why do you have such a hate boner for rec threads?
>>
>>78589780
And? Those are somewhat popular titles. I guess they don't fit into the list of hivemind approved works.

>>78589858
>Not really, by asking people what they like you open up the opportunity for people to talk about why they like something and you can compare it to things you want to read.
And why should anyone care about the opinions of others? So you liked something. Does that sudden;y obligate me to read it or even listen to what you have to say about it? No, of course not.

>Why do you have such a hate boner for rec threads?
Because they don't work, and in fact only make the board worse. Nobody on /co/ seems to be at all well read or even seems to enjoy anything at all. Plus, the alleged opportunity for discussion instead leads to inane arguments about why everything the other person likes is the shittiest thing ever.
>>
>>78590147
>And why should anyone care about the opinions of others?
by asking people what they like you open up the opportunity for people to talk about why they like something and you can compare it to things you want to read.
>>
File: 1291543480562.jpg (3 MB, 2292x2700) Image search: [Google]
1291543480562.jpg
3 MB, 2292x2700
>>78589123
Here yah go. Anything off this list is gold.
I'd also recommend Essex County and concrete
>>
>>78590185
>by asking people what they like you open up the opportunity for people to talk about why they like something and you can compare it to things you want to read.
Yes, and why would you want that? Nobody on /co/ actually likes anything. Talking about non-existent emotions is pointless.
>>
>>78589695
>There's a big difference between asking on /co/, where you can have a conversation about the subject, and then looking at "top-10 comics from 2015" lists

I agree, but you can easily find recs on /co/ by lurking.

There's no point to rec threads, especially since most of the time it's just some lazy anon who wants to be spoonfed.
>>
>>78590246
>Nobody on /co/ actually likes anything.
Naw, I like things. It sounds like you don't like things though. Why don't you like things anon?
>>
>>78590308
I like plenty of things. Talking about them is pointless since any declaration of positive feelings toward something is immediately met with hostility and vague disparaging statements, often laced with the heavy implication that it is somehow morally wrong to enjoy said work.

>>78590299
>There's no point to rec threads, especially since most of the time it's just some lazy anon who wants to be spoonfed.
This.
>>
>>78590402
Are you depressed, because you sound depressed? Why don't you say something you like right now and I bet no one will say mean things to you.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.