[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Could the Rogues take down Superman?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1
File: 1669847_80pg4_53.jpg (1 MB, 1018x1400) Image search: [Google]
1669847_80pg4_53.jpg
1 MB, 1018x1400
Could the Rogues take down Superman?
>>
/co/ will say yes since they have a hard on for obvious joke characters, but no, they can't.
>>
>>78586882
>Could the Rogues take down Superman?

Anyone can, provided they've got Kryptonite. Even a regular fucking dude who isn't a super-villain could take down Superman

Only a fool would attempt to take him on at full strength
>>
>>78586882
No. Stop sucking off the Flash Rogues.

It's one thing to like a group of characters, but it's quite another to spam them all the time. Fucking Flash-fags.
>>
I mean, if he went full Speed-Force, Thawne probably could. (Yes, I know he's not a Rogue but he's in OP's pic. :^))
>>
Can Dr. Alchemy turn things into kryptonite?
>>
Kryptonite boomerang. Easy.
>>
>>78586882
No but they could beat Batman.
>>
Probably. A lot of people beat Superman.
>>
>>78586882

Captain Cold saw some silver age power creep to keep up with Flash's silliness, he wasn't merely firing beams of cold, he could halt all molecular movement. I could see his potentially being able to lock Supes down in a cold status field.

Too bad none of them are actually magic-based. Abra Kadabra doesn't count unless his Neron revamp still holds, which I suspect it does not.

Mirror Master is... odd enough that he could possibly muck with Supes. Might not be able to do much in the way of damaging the kryptonian but stranding him in some bizarre mirror-dimension forever would count as a win I'd imagine.

Grodd are canonically roughed up Supes a few times, mental attacks are right there with magic on supes' vuln-o-meter.

Piper has some psi/mentalist hypnotic stunts, too?

Zoom could take out Supes, the entire League, by himself.
>>
>>78586882
in b4 someone gets triggered by all the man spreading
>>
>>78587369

I think they showed him doing that once?

Anyways, I remember seeing an old Flash comic where two transmutation-based villains were fighting each other, Dr Alchemy and someone named Mr Element. Looking those two up now I find a reference to Mr Element being an alias of the Dr. What did I read then when it was clearly two different people battling?
>>
Captain Cold and Zoom could give him a run for his money, maybe Weather Wizard
>>
>>78586916

With full power Zoom, it becomes hard to tell.

Lets us not forget is he like flash, and flash had been shown to be absolutely ridiculous time and again.
>>
>>78586882
Kryptonite aside, the only Flash villains that stand a chance going solo at Superman are Reverse Flash and Grodd. And Grodd only stands a chance if he's fast enough to take over Supes' mind before he gets knocked down.
>>
>>78586882
If they could, they'd be operating in Metropolis. The Rogues are weirdly practical like that.
>>
someone post the page of zoom beating superman, green lantern, manhunter and... someone else?
>>
>>78588268
Piper channeled anti-life and destroyed Apokolips.
>>
>>78588268
IIRC on the Super Powers cartoon, it was Mirror Master that "killed" Superman via trapping him in mirrors.

Also, Loeb had Gorilla Grodd go toe to toe with Superman, though he softened Clark up by having Grodd mind control Nightshade into kidnapping a ton of villains (including Captain Cold) to attack Superman, wearing him down before he reared his head
>>
>>78589943
That was a one-time thing as Piper had to be broken mentally by Trickster's death and Inertia blackmailing him via Mirror Master murdering his parents, to kill Bart to get him in the mindspace where he could channel Anti-Life
>>
>>78586916
They'll do their best.
>>
>>78589161
weirdly practical is the best way to describe the rogues; honestly its what makes them so incredibly entertaining.
>>
>>78586882
No, remember Injustice.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.