[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is there even to adapt from her history? Avengers #200?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
What is there even to adapt from her history?

Avengers #200?
Carol and her cat in space?
>>
Reed and conway run.
>>
>>78584894
This
>>
Probably an origin story that borrows more from her EMH origin episode
>>
>>78584828
The EMH origin plus the the whole trying to prevent a Kree invasion thing seems like a good start plus it fleshes out the Kree.

Also just give her Mar-Vell's villains like Yon-Rogg (maybe add his daughter Una-Rogg too) probably even have Minerva who is kind of an anti-Ms Marvel but more intellectual which can be a contrast to Carol's more hardheadedness to combat the whole evil version of good guy thing that's overdone.

I know people also throw Moonstone around but honestly Karla is more suited for the Netflix stuff or a Thunderbolts type of series.
>>
File: oh god.png (632 KB, 561x603) Image search: [Google]
oh god.png
632 KB, 561x603
The movie is just going to make up some new bullshit nobody ever heard of, and then within 7 months it will appear in her comic book and they'll retconn whatever shit it is because people like the new movie version better anyway
>>
>>78584828
I dunno but it seems Nicole Perlman (who wrote the GotG rough draft before James Gunn came in) and her co-writer are having problems writing the rough draft script for Captain Marvel and I am guessing it's because there's like fucking nothing concrete or simple about Carol's backstory or motivations, hell she doesn't even have villains of her own (Mystique I guess but she's obviously more of the X-Men now) or a good supporting cast of her own.

Also KSD did nothing positive fo Carol's charcater, seriously her run was just so forgettable boring and a damn mess and her OCs were bad.

>>78587275
It's for the best, nothing about Carol right now is good and who knows how her new writers will handle her, we can forget the KSD run happen and just move on.

But really Carol needs someone to do to her what Geoff Johns did for Green Lantern.
>>
>>78587275
They'll definitely do this for Carol's personality.
>>
>>78587275
This will actually be to the book's benefit because the movie will have to be something rather than nothing.
>>
>>78584828
An original story that is then immediately copied in the comics
>>
File: 1450203126453.gif (433 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1450203126453.gif
433 KB, 400x400
>>78584828
Watch it just end up being Chinese bootleg Green Lantern.

>Captain Mar-Vell/unnamed alien heavily implied to be Mar-Vell crash lands on Earth and dies/lies dying
>hotshot pilot Carol Danvers finds his body, weird ass alien shenanigans grants her the Captain Marvel powerset
>usual MCU movie ensues, maybe more of a GotG feel depending on how cosmic they want to go with it
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.