[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Wreck-It Ralph was on TV today, saw it for the first time since
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 16
File: 16092807_6791.jpg (166 KB, 560x415) Image search: [Google]
16092807_6791.jpg
166 KB, 560x415
Wreck-It Ralph was on TV today, saw it for the first time since it was in cinemas. Can we talk about what a piece of shit character Vanellope is?

>Steals Ralph's medal
>Doesn't give it back despite being told it will turn his life around because lol she's more important
>Spends it to enter a contest she can't even win because she can't fucking drive
>Openly taunts and insults him throughout the movie
>Blackmails him into getting her a car
>Keeps racing despite being told it puts everyone in danger because "It's in my code!!11"
>Refuses to listen when Ralph tries to explain she will die
>Makes him apologise when he breaks her out of fucking prison
>Derails the entire fucking movie with her "I want to win a race" attention whoring

The first part of this movie is so good, then it just massively goes downhill when Vanellope shows up. She's an awful, irredeemable character. Is she still popular, and why she was popular in the first place, aside loli?
>>
>>78583519
I'm really tired of people making threads with "opinions" they don't actually have because they think it's funny or clever.
>>
Wow it's almost like she's an irrational child
>>
File: hqdefault[1].jpg (9 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault[1].jpg
9 KB, 480x360
TURBOTASTIC
>>
I'm more annoyed that most of the movie took place in her fucking stupid racing game.
>>
>>78583620
What game would you rather it'd been?
>>
>>78583660
Any, he didn't do nearly enough game hopping.
And the aesthetic of sugar rush gets very dull very quickly.
>>
>>78583689
Yeah, there's a lot more games he could have gone to.
There wasn't even a rhythm/dancing game with QT neon-coloured silhouettes
>>
I rewatched it yesterday after a couple of years and it still is as good as I remember. A ton of flat jokes but once you get into the shit with Vanellope and King Candy it gets strong.
>>
yfw Vanellope gets kidnapped in the sequel and Ralph is asked if he's a bad enough dude to rescue the President
>>
File: tumblr_nq8otzcSUv1uxnp1mo1_250.jpg (9 KB, 240x200) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nq8otzcSUv1uxnp1mo1_250.jpg
9 KB, 240x200
>>78583997
>>
>>78583620
Exactly.

>Film called Wreck It Ralph
>Movie is entirely about Vanellope being accepted in her game
>Most of movie takes place in her game
>Main character whose name is the movie title gets relegated to helping her

Movie got completely derailed when she showed up.
>>
>>78584790
>They straight up call the movie Sugar Rush in Japan.
>>
File: dr light nods yes.gif (663 KB, 250x188) Image search: [Google]
dr light nods yes.gif
663 KB, 250x188
>>78583997
>>
>>78583733
>didn't even go into Sonic The Fighters
>>
>>78583519
The movie is totally overrated, most people here is right, Ralph, the main carácter was relegated to be a mere assistant to her.

And besides, the villians circle like Anonymous Alcoholics was bullshit, so I will not surprised if Disney decides to not make a sequel.
>>
>>78583997

Ralph: GIVE HER BACK!!!!!

Joe Musashi: Bro....you need to infiltrate the base.... punching it wont do the trick.

Ralph: Ahh!! where did you come from?!?!

JM: Dont worry...im on your side...me and the others...

Ralph: Others?

JM: We are from the action world....over here racing in a kart made of donuts sounds like paradise.

Before you save her you must train your inner badass....its time to train.

MONTAGE TIME.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTidn2dBYbY

Ralph is in a shooting range with the Contra guys......he is carefully aiming......suddenly the target gets blasted to pieces...... the contra dudes do a fist bump.

Ralph is in a dojo training with Ryu.....

Ryu: Attack me!!!

Ralph starts to run at him throwing punches......

Ryu dodges to the side......Ralph crashes into a wall...

Ryu: Remember the turtle style....do not rush to your opponent.

Ralph: Could you teach me that blue ball thingy?

Ken: heh blue balls...

Ryu looks at him very serious.

Ralph doing kung fu on a hill over a sunset...with a short guy doing the same moves.

we see a sign....River City Park.

a red ferrari stopped at a red light.

Ralph: The size....umm its pretty european.

A brown haired guy with a blonde on his lap is in the passenger sit.

guy: look brah dont sweat it...just keep drifting....

girl: Yeah but dont wreck it.....

Ralph blasts into the sunset as the girl cheers.
>>
File: Cy-BugTransformation1.jpg (909 KB, 1441x790) Image search: [Google]
Cy-BugTransformation1.jpg
909 KB, 1441x790
>cybugs dont know they're in a video game
>they're hostile to everything they encounter and can reproduce massively from a single individual
>are described as being a 'virus'

What would have happened in Cybugs escaped the game onto a computer or onto the internet?

Did someone manage to write a incredibly powerful computer virus accidentally?
>>
File: Ralph_and_King_Candy-Bug.jpg (242 KB, 1920x808) Image search: [Google]
Ralph_and_King_Candy-Bug.jpg
242 KB, 1920x808
>>78586388
They're pretty easy to kill, you just need a strobe light. Maybe they're just the results of bad programming.
>>
lol doodie.
>>
>>78585444
Could be cool.
>>
File: 1389318692239.jpg (20 KB, 500x404) Image search: [Google]
1389318692239.jpg
20 KB, 500x404
>>78587190
There's no one I'd rather be than me
>>
>>78587731
Something about that part felt limp. I never really got the sense that Ralph was in danger.
>>
>>78583519
>>Derails the entire fucking movie with her "I want to win a race" attention whoring

This is what ruined the film for me. Fuck female characters. /co/ generally won't hold twats accountable because they want to fap to them like a bunch of future deserving eunuchs.
>>
>>78588527
Fuck off, /r9k/.
>>
>Steals Ralph's medal
She's a kid
>Doesn't give it back despite being told it will turn his life around because lol she's more important
I think it's because she's a kid
>Spends it to enter a contest she can't even win because she can't fucking drive
probably because she's a kid
>Openly taunts and insults him throughout the movie
KID
I
D
>Blackmails him into getting her a car
that'd fit more accurately if she were a 16 year old valley girl but still
>Keeps racing despite being told it puts everyone in danger because "It's in my code!!11"
i think she's a kid
>Refuses to listen when Ralph tries to explain she will die
kids? not listening? what?
>Makes him apologise when he breaks her out of fucking prison
kid
>Derails the entire fucking movie with her "I want to win a race" attention whoring
KID
I
D

In conclusion: kids are cunts
>>
>>78588609
/thread
>>
>>78588328
Either you didn't make the connection that he was about to make the volcano erupt by punching the part where the soda comes out, or you're of average intelligence and have seen at least one children's show before and could predict that something would save him.

Anyways, the poignancy of the scene is supposed to be in Ralph accepting himself and the "Wreck-It" aspect of his personality, not the fact that he's actually in danger.
>>
>>78588609
She's a female kid. Key word, female. Male kids are disciplined and whipped into shape for being unruly.
>>
>>78588527
>tips fedora
>>
>>78588665
You haven't met that many kids have you?
>>
It really wasn't that great.
>>
I thought she was okay, at least she's more fun than disney princesses that dolly around all day.
>>
File: The chains are glitch-proof.png (330 KB, 900x387) Image search: [Google]
The chains are glitch-proof.png
330 KB, 900x387
Why didn't King Candy glitch-proof everything?
>>
>>78585444
literally the worst thing my eyes have ever skimmed through, and then went back to actually read.

do you make videos for fucking newgrounds?
>>
>>78588740
No but then again the courts say I'm not allowed within 500 feet of children who aren't related.
>>
File: 117361.jpg (29 KB, 550x550) Image search: [Google]
117361.jpg
29 KB, 550x550
>>78588609
>>
>>78588527
Oh fuck you to death with broken glass.
>>
>>78583519

You are an infant.
>>
She's a little girl who's ostracized and bullied by her peers and lives like a homeless person when she's not being hunted by the cops. Cut her some slack.
>>
File: bobby kek.jpg (50 KB, 556x561) Image search: [Google]
bobby kek.jpg
50 KB, 556x561
>>78583997
>>
>>78583519
>>78588609
Actually, her motivation for doing all of those things were pretty well explained.
You two are just vapid fucks who can't read between the lines and apparently don't pay attention to the movies you watch.
>>
>>78588665
BAIT
A
I
T
>>
>>78583519
Most of what she did wasn't even her fault though. She was bullied her whole life without even knowing why, and she finally gets an opportunity to change all of that and be recognized as a racer. And besides, Ralph stole that medal in the first place.
>>
File: 1425003638454.jpg (66 KB, 1305x734) Image search: [Google]
1425003638454.jpg
66 KB, 1305x734
>>78583997
>>
Not sure if proud of you guys or disappointed.
>No Crash-it Carl
>No Obliterate-it Oscar
>No Pulverize-it Percy
>>
File: 1336151483728.jpg (40 KB, 126x126) Image search: [Google]
1336151483728.jpg
40 KB, 126x126
>>78583997
>>
>>78589826

It also comes down to these faggots failing to understand another's perspective.

She had a clear goal that went against the main protag but you only see her behaviour regarded as she's a cunt.
>>
>>78583519
>she cant drive

Point is moot since she had a pedal powered kart. It's plausible that she can win the race because they live in videogame logic. The kart itself might have even been her original kart and part of her code.
>>
>>78583519
So is she a bad character or is her character a bad person because those are different things and I think you're conflating them.
>>
>>78589345
The courts were too lenient.
>>
I honestly don't think she didn't anything wrong, she really had no choice and was living in a volcano. She had it worse off than Ralph because he had social support outside of his game. She couldn't leave a world that didn't want her existing Ralph.

I was also okay with how many games were shown and how many characters had cameos. I feel if it there was too much or more game hopping it would turn into a "lol remember this?" kind of movie.
>>
You can't really blame them on the not enough games shown part, they tried to get as many licenses as they could.
>>
File: tumblr_mdsc2wTxGQ1ql7kzd.png (123 KB, 500x316) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mdsc2wTxGQ1ql7kzd.png
123 KB, 500x316
I still can't believe they never capitalized on Sugar Rush with an actual game or merchandise.
>>
>>78589184
He will fix it in the next dlc
>>
>>78601203
maybe we'll get lucky and get something when Wreck-It Ralph 2 happens(since that supposedly is going to happen eventually)
>>
File: 1451599132048.gif (991 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1451599132048.gif
991 KB, 500x281
Think of the last game you played. How do you imagine it would be depicted in Wreck in Ralph?
>>
>>78601386
Civ V would be extremely boring and tedious for a film
>>
>>78593246
>Physically glitches all the time
>Knows full well she's a glitch
>Characters have valid concern that players will report the game being broken and they will be turned off
>Her being present puts everyone and the entire game world in danger
>She's a computer Typhoid Mary
>Despite this she still tries to be a playable character
>Keeps trying to enter races despite everyone telling her she puts people in danger
>Won't live quietly in her volcano house because 'I want to be a racer, fuck everyone else'
>They only act nasty when she risks their lives by trying to race

tl;dr Vanellope is a self-absorbed bitch who doesn't give a shit about others as long as she can get what she wants,

Also another with this being a kid excuse, she's a vidya character, not a real child.
>>
>>78583519
Agreed. And the worst thing is all that would be fine and dandy if the movie didn't validate her behaviour by making her winning a race an objectively good thing for everyone (except Turbo) in the end. She was right all along, even though she had no way of knowing she was.

As for her popularity (aside loli), some people think a brat with an attitude is cute and endearing.
>>
>>78588609
Right, but you're supposed to acknowledge they are cunts, instead of making their cuntish behaviour the damn key to resolving the conflict in the movie.
>>
>>78601203
The cynic in me believes they never did because all the characters in Sugar Rush are girls and girls don't play racing games, so they believed it wouldn't sell.
>>
>>78595389
>She had a clear goal that went against the main protag but you only see her behaviour regarded as she's a cunt
Because her clear goal was "because I want to race because it's my code". If she had any other motivation, like anything altruistic and a goal that wasn't stated to endanger everyone, she wouldn't appear like a brat.
>>
>>78598374
Many people conflict it but in this case she's arguably both, by virtue of being a bad person that the movie treats like a good person.
>>
>>78601203
They did make a game for the official site.

>>78602679
There's about 3 guy racers though.
>>
>>78602693
Isn't "I want to pursue this thing I love and be great at it" pretty much what everyone in the world wants though? Everyone except wastes of life who never contribute to society like us, of course. Can't blame anyone for trying to strive for their dreams.
>>
>>78602841
>Isn't "I want to pursue this thing I love and be great at it" pretty much what everyone in the world wants though?
Sure, but if there's a good chance that it will endanger other people's lives, it's still a dick move.
Like I know this guy who's a trader and makes his money off of speculating on basic food ressources prices (like wheat or rice). I'm sure it's his dream to have a yacht and shit, but that doesn't mean his work doesn't indirectly create famines.
>>
>>78602679
In the film though they spoof that the game has a brony-like following. It likely would have done IRL.

Which is probably why it never happened...
>>
File: calhoun.jpg (23 KB, 640x359) Image search: [Google]
calhoun.jpg
23 KB, 640x359
>you will never hear ON YOUR FEET SOLDIER because calhoun wants you to give her another fucking

boo, boooooo
>>
>>78603361
Wow, that's really ugly.
>>
>>78602888
Pretty sure that Vanellope wasn't killing people, or starving them. And what's so fucking noble about Ralph's motivation? The two of them are outcasts trying to better their individual situations, not build free houses for homeless people, save the whales, or cure AIDS. BETTER THEIR INDIVIDUAL SITUATIONS, and nothing else, got it, Chuckles?
>>
>>78602628

None of that is true.
>>
File: 1416554035579.png (321 KB, 522x507) Image search: [Google]
1416554035579.png
321 KB, 522x507
>>78603692
But Ralph did build free houses for the homeless.
>>
>>78583620
This. I want a road trip movie with misfit game characters.
>>
>>78601386
>Bloodborne
Hunter in normal clothing receiving therapy for his vivid nightmares
>>
>>78601386
>>Lego Star Wars Saga
Literally all you do is wreck it, plus the odd jumping or driving puzzle. Ralph would be the king of Star Wars.
>>
>>78601386
>TSW
Probably as the thing killing the arcade industry.
Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.